Red Bull Racing and F1 in GT5?

So they just found some random guy who was an incredible driver and hired him, and he gets absolutetly no credit at all?

So they just found some random guy who was an incredible driver and hired him, and he gets absolutetly no credit at all?
The Stig may not get a lot of credit, but I guess he's getting some major money for his Top Gear appearences and stuff like GT5.

Money > credit, imho :dopey:

The last time the Stig tried to take credit he was killed off (Black Stig) and replaced with White Stig. He does get credit, but he's just "The Stig." =D

The Stig is DEFINATELY a race car driver. And it would seem that he's a touring car driver as he takes a different line around the track than the F1 drivers. However, they've also featured more than one Stig on the show. There was the first, black Stig, the Stig's African cousin, the Truck racing Stig who drifted a big-rig (awesome episode) and a new German Stig was featured in the second episode of the new season

When they stick random dudes in a Stig hemlet, that dosen't count.
As for the black stig, whose to say he's not the exact same dude?

The theory that seems most plausible is that it's not one person but a crew of several drivers. This makes the most sense as certain drivers are better at driving different cars than others.

The theory that seems most plausible is that it's not one person but a crew of several drivers. This makes the most sense as certain drivers are better at driving different cars than others.

That would make all the POWER LAPS void since there is no constant. At least when weather has an effect on the lap times they mark it accordingly.

However, they've also featured more than one Stig on the show. There was the first, black Stig, the Stig's African cousin, the Truck racing Stig who drifted a big-rig (awesome episode) and a new German Stig was featured in the second episode of the new season

There have been many others too (fat American Stig, Environmentally Friendly Stig, etc.), but they're not official Stigs and are likely used just to eliminate bias in the competitions.

Black Stig was Perry McCarthy and he was killed off cause he revealed he was the Stig in his book. Last year a white Stig suit was found in Ben Collins' home and it's believed he is the current Stig.

from what it sounds like on the show, it's the same guy that does the laps. I don't know if he's the guy they get for the other stuff.

Anyway, back to the topic:

Does Red Bull's involvement mean all the Red Bull cars will appear in the game? I know the RB NASCAR is in and probably the F1 car, but what about the others? Like Ryes Millen's Red Bull Genesis and Pontiac Soltice Drift cars? And I expect we'll see the return of the Red Bull DTM Audis. I wonder if they'll be updated. I wonder if the Redbul SEAT will appear.

That would make all the POWER LAPS void since there is no constant. At least when weather has an effect on the lap times they mark it accordingly.

1) The only constant thing about the "Power Board" is the track configuration as the conditions will always be different. So unless all the cars tested were tested on the same day in a rather small time frame the whole list is meaningless.

2) It's a TV show, not some sure precise scientific experiment. Which is why the "multiple drivers making the Stig persona" theory fits, what exactly is the point in hiding the identity if it is only 1 person?

It's just extremely unlikely that 1 person is that good at driving everything he gets into.

Does Red Bull's involvement mean all the Red Bull cars will appear in the game? I know the RB NASCAR is in and probably the F1 car, but what about the others? Like Ryes Millen's Red Bull Genesis and Pontiac Soltice Drift cars? And I expect we'll see the return of the Red Bull DTM Audis. I wonder if they'll be updated. I wonder if the Redbul SEAT will appear.

You forgot the Red Bull Citroen C4 WRC. But anyway, yes I do expect more Red Bull cars. Especially drift ones as GT is known for putting famous drift cars, like the Blitz, in its games. GT5 will even have Red Bull planes, as the trailer showed.

You forgot the Red Bull Citroen C4 WRC. But anyway, yes I do expect more Red Bull cars. Especially drift ones as GT is known for putting famous drift cars, like the Blitz, in its games. GT5 will even have Red Bull planes, as the trailer showed.

Red Bull's becoming like Falken Tires: they have a car in just about everything.

There's a Redbull DTP in Grand-Am, too. I would love to see some Daytona Prototypes in GT5. Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona anyone? :P

I really hope so. I'm salivating just thinking about taking Rhys Millen's Pike's Peak Unlimited Hyundai up the famous track itself, just as dawn is breaking :drool:

Red Bull's becoming like Falken Tires: they have a car in just about everything.

There's a Redbull DTP in Grand-Am, too. I would love to see some Daytona Prototypes in GT5. Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona anyone? :P

In fact, I'd say that Falken are becoming more like Red Bull. Falken have some GT cars and lots of drift cars. Red Bull has two F1 team, a NASCAR team, an Indy team, several drift teams, an air race, plenty of boat races and the world's biggest box car race :crazy:

In fact, I'd say that Falken are becoming more like Red Bull. Falken have some GT cars and lots of drift cars. Red Bull has two F1 team, a NASCAR team, an Indy team, several drift teams, an air race, plenty of boat races and the world's biggest box car race :crazy:

True

Falken Tires:

Drifting:
Ford Mustang
Nissan Sylvia
Nissan Skyline
Nissan 350Z
Toyota AE86
'80's Mazda RX-7

GT:
Porsche 911 Turbo
Ford GT

Red Bull:

Drifting:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Pontiac Solstice
Mazda RX-7

Other:
Porsche Daytona Prototype
FI car
DTM Audi A4
DTM Audi TT-R
DTM Audi A6
Toyota Camary NASCAR
Acura LMP2 car
Volkswagen Toureg Baja truck
Renault Magane Belgian Touring Car
SEAT Leon Touring Car
Ferrari F430 (Le Mans)
Aston Martiin (FIA GT)
Masarati MC12 (FIA GT)
Ferrari 550 (FIA GT)

and many more.

The only two cars Newey and Vettel have in common are the RB5 and the gorgeous RB6...I'd be willing to bet the RB6 makes it into the game!

Remember too.... Poly doesn't need an F1 license to have F1 cars in the game. Unlike Nascar, the constructors own the car, not the governing body. Poly could have every F1 car in the game, though I'm not suggesting they will, and not need the F1 license. They simply can't name the series, event, etc. "F1" or use anything owned by F1 like the logo, etc.

They can't put the RB6 is GT5, since there's a certain game by Codemasters coming out in September, which will include that very same car. And i'm not sure about the RB5 either, since there was a F1 2009 game too. It's probably the new PD F1 car, which was probably tested by Sebbie and Newey.

The original black Stig was Perry Mcarthy.

Get back on topic, if you want to discuss Stigs, head to the Top Gear thread.

Same thing with the WRC cars. But it is nice that FIA WRC gave them their license, anyway. Which makes you wonder how PD is going to use it? I see Point to Point rally stages in the feature

They can't put the RB6 is GT5, since there's a certain game by Codemasters coming out in September, which will include that very same car. And i'm not sure about the RB5 either, since there was a F1 2009 game too. It's probably the new PD F1 car, which was probably tested by Sebbie and Newey.

The original black Stig was Perry Mcarthy.

Get back on topic, if you want to discuss Stigs, head to the Top Gear thread.

Codemasters has the F1 licenses which allows them full rights to all cars and tracks used during the F1 season along with all F1 related logos, yes. But Red Bull still owns the rights to there car and can license it out as they see fit. If PD were to obtain the license from Red Bull then by all rights PD can add that car to there game. PD could go to every team in the F1 paddock and get the license to every one of there cars and do the same for the tracks. Then they could create a championship in the game limiting it to only those cars and tracks and they would still be within there legal rights. The only thing they can't do is mention anything about F1. So the odds are the RB6 or RB5 will be in GT5 if they did, as speculation would have it, obtained the license to the RB6 or RB5.

Codemasters has the F1 licenses which allows them full rights to all cars and tracks used during the F1 season along with all F1 related logos, yes. But Red Bull still owns the rights to there car and can license it out as they see fit. If PD were to obtain the license from Red Bull then by all rights PD can add that car to there game. PD could go to every team in the F1 paddock and get the license to every one of there cars and do the same for the tracks. Then they could create a championship in the game limiting it to only those cars and tracks and they would still be within there legal rights. The only thing they can't do is mention anything about F1. So the odds are the RB6 or RB5 will be in GT5 if they did, as speculation would have it, obtained the license to the RB6 or RB5.

I think CODEMASTERS has the rights to all 2010 season cars.

Yes, this is what I am thinking. It could be called the "open wheel championship" and have no mention of F1. And if it is the case, then we may see the Mclaren, Mercedes, Renault, Farrari, etc... (not getting hopes up though)

I don't think any of us are 100% sure. So, it will be interesting to find out in November.

I think CODEMASTERS has the rights to all 2010 season cars.

Yes that is true that came with there F1 license. But there F1 license does not mean that the cars and tracks used in F1 can not be used by other companys. If we used that logic No other company would be allowed to use the tracks in F1 either. which means no more Suzuka for GT5 or Nurburgring. This goes for other games as well, Forza, GTR, iRacing, etc. Codemasters has the F1 license yes and that allows them to include all F1 logos, Cars, Tracks, Names and likeness of drivers. BUT all of these things still own the individual rights; tracks, cars, names, likeness. All of these things come with the F1 license but are not limited to the F1 license.

hi im new in this forum but i read often this page and other like elotrolado to have the best information about gt5, i just want to say hi to everybody here and i can't wait to november 2nd.

beside that. it's great to see red bull in asociation with yamauchi and GT5

see you

Nevermind. I remember reading that the rights for the cars came with the license. Either way, codemasters got the license from SONY, who refused to renew it. As far as I know, there is still no proof of any real F1 cars in GT5.

I, too, would love to see more Daytone Prototypes in Gran Turismo. I think they're a very exciting class of car that could easily fit into GT and let the rest of the world enjoy them.

The only problem with the Red Bull DTP is that it's powered by a Porsche Motor...

I, too, would love to see more Daytone Prototypes in Gran Turismo. I think they're a very exciting class of car that could easily fit into GT and let the rest of the world enjoy them.

The only problem with the Red Bull DTP is that it's powered by a Porsche Motor...

this is true.

why would that be a problem?

Back