Red Bull X2014 Extreme World Championship Season1 Sign up Now!!/Win big prizes!!Open 

Hello,

I see the teams are up. I also seen the steering wheel of each driver. How much extra lap time do the better wheels get you?

Hello,

I see the teams are up. I also seen the steering wheel of each driver. How much extra lap time do the better wheels get you?
Everyone who is driving an expensive wheel must be given a time penalty, according to Christian Horner!!!
Well I seem to be pretty competitive with a DS3 so I don't know? :lol:

Well I seem to be pretty competitive with a DS3 so I don't know? :lol:

Haha, when I made the switch from pad to wheel. It turned out I was quicker on the pad. Never could get the same times on wheel. I think it was because you have lock to lock in a split second on the pad. Where as the wheel, lock to lock takes forever, haha.

Haha, when I made the switch from pad to wheel. It turned out I was quicker on the pad. Never could get the same times on wheel. I think it was because you have lock to lock in a split second on the pad. Where as the wheel, lock to lock takes forever, haha.
Probably haha, you may be able to lock to lock quicker on a pad but you can't be more accurate than a wheel and actually hold it, it's a little bit more difficult on the pad. :lol:

Probably haha, you may be able to lock to lock quicker on a pad but you can't be more accurate than a wheel and actually hold it, it's a little bit more difficult on the pad. :lol:
I couldn't imagine driving with a ds3 anymore, especially this redbull :crazy: so kudos for you being able to do a 44 on a pad. I'd be in wall at eau rouge :lol:

I couldn't imagine driving with a ds3 anymore, especially this redbull :crazy: so kudos for you being able to do a 44 on a pad. I'd be in wall at eau rouge :lol:
I drove much better in cockpit view rather than hood view which is what I normally use. With cockpit view I could manage the turn ins better, see the apex and more importantly, I can tell when the car is sliding with the steering wheel position. 👍

I drove much better in cockpit view rather than hood view which is what I normally use. With cockpit view I could manage the turn ins better, see the apex and more importantly, I can tell when the car is sliding with the steering wheel position. 👍
Same here. But I use the cockpit view in every car. You can see the yaw of the car much easier.

Same here. But I use the cockpit view in every car. You can see the yaw of the car much easier.

I use the bumper cam - and with being up close to a big screen and you can actually feel the speed and the bumps! It appears the game gives 'allowances' to cockpit users i.e. more speed/grip for the lack of definition - but I'd give that up for the rush of running over a curb and seeing the track disappears under me...

I learnt a few things on the pre-season test at Spa, managed a 43.7-8 on half fuel, I think...

I had a very good first stint battle with Andro, but after I pit - and even though I was faster, the next guy in front was lagging badly and it was distracting - and whenever I got close it was enough of a distraction to send me spin a couple of times... I'm going to look at a few of Immortal's laps when I get to the PS3, see if there's any subtle differences in how he treats fresh tyres and worn tyres because he was pretty fast on the later!

Please can everyone try and make sure nothing uses the internet in their household during the race, apart from the PS3, and clear cache and do everything you can to prevent lag because you may not feel you're lagging, but the unfortunate people around you most certainly will!

yeah I know but the way I did it was to hold the throttle button at half/quarter pressure depending on the corner. I can't do it anymore it's so long ago now.

I only ever have PS (Ether cabled) running off the inter net when racing. I always clear out cashe. I have 35megs internet speed. I've raced online for 8 years with no problems. I've read since a new update there have been connection issues.

Does it help if someone centralized hosts. All racers internet are going less distance. The host is American? Everyones internet has to go there?

I have new wheel for PS4, a broken PS3 that overheats once in a while, its good to see the boys back together again. I might not be able to do all the races but i can pop in once in a while if theres room.

Cheers.

Hi Arthur m8 good to see you again iam looking forward to race again against you
Can you make it on sunday ?

Hello,

Nobody knows. It depends on the game. In some consul games like codebuggers F1 a DS3 is fastest, wheel is slower especially in the rain. :lol: On GT5 I found that the DFGT was about the same as my G27, if the latter being a touch off due to lack of easy buttons to adjust things on the fly. The cheaper thrustmasters might be the way to go if its PS4 compatible. I'd be lookin for something that is used on PC, PS3, PS4. G27 doesnt work on the new consuls.

That was a good F1 race, far better than Melbourne was. Lets hope for a good clean race today in the Red bulls, hopefully someone can take the fight to immortal in the draft on the long straights.

I doubt I'll be able to make it tonight, GT World Championship finale tonight and it overlaps this. But will be ready to go next week. 👍

Back