Red Bull X2014 Standard Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 175 comments
I told myself I wasn't going to go back into this Seasonal Event, but then I was bothered by the fact that I wouldn't have a Gold Medal all because I don't like this car at all. So, I went back in and did about 7 laps. A few DQs and then I finally broke gold with 1:24.880. :rolleyes:

I can't stand seeing that pathetic cheater in 1st place. Could you imagine being such a loser that you get banned from PSN for cheating and everyone knows you're a cheater, but you come back and continue to cheat? How sad would someone's life have to be to repeatedly do that? Pretty sad, I would think... :lol: :lol:

So he's done the exact same thing in the past then lol :/ How are we going to deal with it though? hopefully Polyphony will notice it and remove his time soon and report him to Sony to ban him. It's pretty important because if he can change the tyre width, it essentially breaks the game so they should act pretty quickly to patch it. It's just as bad as the guy who had the insanely powerful formula gt :/

@xChris93_ Yes...He most certainly has done this in the past. Just two weeks ago, he was caught cheating in that Super Lap race. @GTP_CargoRatt said he e-mailed someone who looks into these types of matters and sure enough, his fraudulent time was removed. I'm guessing his PSN screen name was also banned. He originally went by the name BRUNOBLAK. I've also seen screen names like XR_BRUNOBLAK (they're always sporting the flag of Brazil), which must be him as well. On the Seasonal Event at La Sierra there currently sits someone in 31st place with the name XR_RACER_11, from Brazil, who I'm guessing is probably also BRUNOBLAK, or someone associated with him.

The strangest part of all of this, at least to me, is that @Brunoblak is a member here and he used to always post videos of his Super Laps. He would usually post them once the event expired and his times were always respectable. Nothing to be ashamed of at all!! He was definitely a Top 500 driver, if I'm remembering correctly. Apparently, that wasn't good enough so he set out to be #1 by whatever means necessary. :grumpy:

@xChris93_ Yes...He most certainly has done this in the past. Just two weeks ago, he was caught cheating in that Super Lap race. @GTP_CargoRatt said he e-mailed someone who looks into these types of matters and sure enough, his fraudulent time was removed. I'm guessing his PSN screen name was also banned. He originally went by the name BRUNOBLAK. I've also seen screen names like XR_BRUNOBLAK (they're always sporting the flag of Brazil), which must be him as well. On the Seasonal Event at La Sierra there currently sits someone in 31st place with the name XR_RACER_11, from Brazil, who I'm guessing is probably also BRUNOBLAK, or someone associated with him.

The strangest part of all of this, at least to me, is that @Brunoblak is a member here and he used to always post videos of his Super Laps. He would usually post them once the event expired and his times were always respectable. Nothing to be ashamed of at all!! He was definitely a Top 500 driver, if I'm remembering correctly. Apparently, that wasn't good enough so he set out to be #1 by whatever means necessary. :grumpy:

Ye it's simply just not fair to all of the other drivers competing. If he posts his first place time knowing that he had to cheat to get there, where is the real achievement in that? Hopefully @GTP_CargoRatt can contact that person again to get him removed. Another major problem is that most people use the #1 lap time as a reference for lines, gearing etc. but he is setting a false example, so its ruining the point of these time trials for everyone.

Ye it's simply just not fair to all of the other drivers competing. If he posts his first place time knowing that he had to cheat to get there, where is the real achievement in that? Hopefully @GTP_CargoRatt can contact that person again to get him removed. Another major problem is that most people use the #1 lap time as a reference for lines, gearing etc. but he is setting a false example, so its ruining the point of these time trials for everyone.

All I did was report him to Sony/PD which anyone can do, so feel free to do so if you suspect him to be cheating again. I haven't looked at the replay myself nor have I even taken part in any of the most recent TT events.....simply no desire to do so as I have no interest at all in these events. A time trial of 8-10 minutes doesn't make much sense to me and driving the Red Bull cars isn't my thing either. :)

All I did was report him to Sony/PD which anyone can do, so feel free to do so if you suspect him to be cheating again. I haven't looked at the replay myself nor have I even taken part in any of the most recent TT events.....simply no desire to do so as I have no interest at all in these events. A time trial of 8-10 minutes doesn't make much sense to me and driving the Red Bull cars isn't my thing either. :)

How did you report him though? Email/Phone?

Yes, faster with ABS 0 for me. Tried going back to abs 1 and couldn't rotate the car as quickly.

Brake Balance 4/6. LSD at 5/5/15 is helping rotate off throttle too, I think. Working on a tune for us humans - high df and easy to drive. Will post when done.

Last edited:
I've attempted this numerous times and the best I've managed yet is 0.6 seconds off of gold. :crazy:

I was just about to give up on it, but... maybe I'll try some of these tunes to see if they help.

I've attempted this numerous times and the best I've managed yet is 0.6 seconds off of gold. :crazy:

I was just about to give up on it, but... maybe I'll try some of these tunes to see if they help.
Robert, try SW's tune. I slapped that on my car and had a Gold time fairly quickly. I have no experience with this car either. I can't stand it. I almost just said "Screw it..." and skipped the event. Cooler heads prevailed and I gave it a little bit of effort. My time is nothing to brag about, but at least I managed the credits for Gold and the paint chip. :rolleyes:

Robert, try SW's tune. I slapped that on my car and had a Gold time fairly quickly. I have no experience with this car either. I can't stand it. I almost just said "Screw it..." and skipped the event. Cooler heads prevailed and I gave it a little bit of effort. My time is nothing to brag about, but at least I managed the credits for Gold and the paint chip. :rolleyes:
That was my plan, given the feedback I've seen here.

I must've restarted this event like 50 times already just from stupidly going off. I swear I just can't turn the wheel fast enough in some corners. I was hoping to try the G27's hidden feature that decreases the number of turns lock-to-lock, but it just makes it too twitchy. (Still better than the awful settings I've managed in F1 2012, which I've been messing around with.)

That was my plan, given the feedback I've seen here.

I must've restarted this event like 50 times already just from stupidly going off. I swear I just can't turn the wheel fast enough in some corners. I was hoping to try the G27's hidden feature that decreases the number of turns lock-to-lock, but it just makes it too twitchy. (Still better than the awful settings I've managed in F1 2012, which I've been messing around with.)
Ahh..I wish I had the G27 wheel. Mainly for the nicer pedals compared to my DFGT. This is my first wheel and I got it for free, so I'm not complaining. Good luck man...Just try to anticipate the left, right, left of the esses section and you'll probably be fast enough to get gold, if you were only 0.6 off of the time. The rest, just drive smooth and consistent. That's what I did... I just really focused on improving in that one area and I got lucky and was way ahead of my ghost. I probably could have had a better time than I did, but I eased up just a little just so I wouldn't go off the track and have to start over again. hah!

I told myself I wasn't going to go back into this Seasonal Event, but then I was bothered by the fact that I wouldn't have a Gold Medal all because I don't like this car at all. So, I went back in and did about 7 laps. A few DQs and then I finally broke gold with 1:24.880
Good work ALB123. I hope you didn't think I was having bad blood with you the other day.

I originally did this event with just an oil change & ran a few laps to claim a gold.

I remember using a tune by @SW__10 that was truly fantastic in another event, I think it was the WSR F3 at Madrid.
So, with that in mind, I intend to apply his tune for this event at some point in the near future in the hope of experiencing a magnificent version of this car.

Ahh..I wish I had the G27 wheel. Mainly for the nicer pedals compared to my DFGT. This is my first wheel and I got it for free, so I'm not complaining.
LOL. My original plan was to get a DFGT, but Logitech discontinued them. My old, $30 PS2 wheel broke, so I got this. And it was my wife's idea, too! :) (Just hope it somehow is made to work in GT7! :nervous:)

This event is actually rather bad for my setup: namely, a TV tray and an office chair. The quick movements are enough to get stuff to start subtly moving around on me. Most of the time, it's not an issue, since I can be gentle/gradual on the throttle and brakes, but on frantic events like this, I feel like I really need to anchor the pedals down more. (Or at all, as it were.)

Good luck man...Just try to anticipate the left, right, left of the esses section and you'll probably be fast enough to get gold, if you were only 0.6 off of the time. The rest, just drive smooth and consistent. That's what I did... I just really focused on improving in that one area and I got lucky and was way ahead of my ghost. I probably could have had a better time than I did, but I eased up just a little just so I wouldn't go off the track and have to start over again. hah!
The esses usually aren't a huge problem for me, believe it or not. It's the hairpins. I always screw up the braking point and end up in the sand or brake way too early and lose too much time. Or I mess up the sharper turn before the first hairpin—I'm never confident with sure how much speed to carry into the corner. The esses convince me I barely need to use the brakes and then I get to those corners and just bungle it.

Good work ALB123. I hope you didn't think I was having bad blood with you the other day.

I originally did this event with just an oil change & ran a few laps to claim a gold.

I remember using a tune by @SW__10 that was truly fantastic in another event, I think it was the WSR F3 at Madrid.
So, with that in mind, I intend to apply his tune for this event at some point in the near future in the hope of experiencing a magnificent version of this car.
Oh no...Not at all! :cheers:

Yes, you can't really go wrong with a tune by SW__10. He is one of those rare breeds. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. :D

Holy crap.

I figured I was done for the night, but after reading this thread, I gave in and fired the PS3 up to put @SW__10's tune in.

Wow! 👍

First lap out, I was 3.3 seconds slower (just being an idiot and driving too cautiously), but my second lap out, I shaved ~2.3 seconds off my old lap time!

From 1:26.653 to 1:24.389!

Great tune, @SW__10! :bowdown: (Though I confess I didn't do the body rigidity part of it, because I was concerned I wouldn't be able to undo it and return the car back to its "out of the box" state. No idea why that's even important to me. :) )

@RobertM525 Awesome job! Yeah, I didn't do the body rigidity either...or the oil change. I'm not competing for top times in the world - I just wanted a gold and be done with it. Well done... 👍

For comparison, BTW, Mark Webber qualified in a real F1 car in 2013 at this track with a time of 1:30.915. And unlike the X2014 Standard, in F1 cars, you do have to lift in the esses:

Quite different to see how a real race car's driven on the track!

TFW this event is right up your alley :sly:.

I'll have to give this a go at some point after classes finish this week. Been a long year at study and I'm in some need of Gran Turismo!

Love the F-Zero video! That brought so many good SNES memories from the good ol' 16-bit days when gaming was simple and in some ways a lot more fun. Thanks!

improved just a little got a 1:20.777, need to get two corners right to improve. I just noticed im tied with person infront of me lol, think we both should be 152.

Last edited:
Love the F-Zero video! That brought so many good SNES memories from the good ol' 16-bit days when gaming was simple and in some ways a lot more fun. Thanks!

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

"Pls git gud so u don't #rekt."

"There's some cream available for that butt-hurt."

Yeah, you can take your gelatinous and insecure ego back to the dirty basement where you typed this reply now.

Back