Red Bull X2014 Standard Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 175 comments
This was something different though. In Vettel I drive with RS tyres and SRF on and TC1, since I enjoy the fast and guaranteed credits. With those settings the car is VERY fast and stable and capable of ludicrous speed in corners.
Ya know, even having golded this event, I still don't get the sentiment that the Red Bull Standard challenge is easy money. I swear the car is easier to drive flat-out in this event than it is in that challenge. Maybe it's the fact that we've got the ability to adjust the downforce here, never mind the other tuning options?

Going to bed with a big :D in my face. Bought the car from the dealership since I'm still struggling with the RB junior car event:crazy: had a few laps stock and managed bronze after 50 Km or so of driving, never driven this car before. Came back to the forum and use @SW__10 tune. WOW decided the car was too frantic for me and when back to stock keeping only transmission and brake balance settings. After additional 100 km I managed a 1:25:599 followed by a 1:25:179:cheers:
All this after about 30 laps. This may sound like nothing for most of you but remember I still haven pass the RB junior event :confused:

I was lucky enough to win that tough championship. Every race.
Anyways, I got 1'25-ish on my run.
Imagine this being the Fan Car.

Last edited:
Ya know, even having golded this event, I still don't get the sentiment that the Red Bull Standard challenge is easy money. I swear the car is easier to drive flat-out in this event than it is in that challenge. Maybe it's the fact that we've got the ability to adjust the downforce here, never mind the other tuning options?

It's easy because you don't have to drive perfect laps to get +2million credits in 20 minutes driving the entire tournament. (with +200%) You can afford to spin out on every race and still win. And you don't have to win every race to gain the reward for winning the tournament. In my opinion the car is easier to drive stock in Vettel challenge, I suspect SRF and tire choice is the key there.

On topic, couldn't resist coming back and trying a tune. Tried @SW__10 's tune and got from 1:25.x to 1:22.330 with only four clean laps. I can see how this tune is capable of very competitive laps. I didn't drive flat out, but rather lifted off the accelerator in almost every fast corner.

so mean I make cheating a time that is only a few hundredths ahead of 2nd? And the second is not cheated? very strange that, is a pity that they have a closed mind as to what is in the shipping of your eyes!

Wonder why isn't in the AUP a banning for users of hacked cars if used online or in the leaderboards.

so mean I make cheating a time that is only a few hundredths ahead of 2nd? And the second is not cheated? very strange that, is a pity that they have a closed mind as to what is in the shipping of your eyes!

Because you are slooooooow, even in a hacked car.

Wonder why isn't in the AUP a banning for users of hacked cars if used online or in the leaderboards.

I know at least one person who was banned for using hacked cars in seasonals and denying it on GTPlanet.

I remember him, IIRC, he wasn't banned because he used a hacked car, he was banned because he denied using a hacked car.

In reply to your post calling him out for cheating in the LFA TT at BH...

You seem to know a lot about editing grip to the car! How can this be done?

Looks like a denial to me.

You have a closed mind, because you can't accept that there are a lot of people who are so much faster than you.
You are just disrespectful to the honest drivers.
Some players need years of practice to reach the top, but you will never get there.

The funny thing about this @Brunoblak dude is, he actually was pretty darn fast before he went on his cheating rampage! His times were always very respectable...a heck of a lot faster than me. :irked: That is, unless he was cheating back then too, and just pacing himself, so he would think no one would question his sudden improvements. If that was his plan, it sure didn't go over too well, did it? :lol: I don't care how good you are. You don't go from being Top 50-150 to undisputed #1 in every time trial, in any type of car, on any type of course in the matter of two or three weeks. You just can not improve THAT much in relation to every other alien out there who is giving it their all.

Why do you even bother lying?

I don't know much about this Brunoblak guy and if he's cheating or not, but he should know that if RTRacing's drivers (Chris, Agro, Aughablo and Evo) spent more time on this seasonal they'd easily beat him :)

I don't know much about this Brunoblak guy and if he's cheating or not, but he should know that if RTRacing's drivers (Chris, Agro, Aughablo and Evo) spent more time on this seasonal they'd easily beat him :)
He has been proven a cheater in past events and his times have been removed by whomever is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Leaderboard. For this particular event, @nowcontrol provided screenshots of his replay. You can clearly see he is modifying the size of his tires for better grip. He's actually a decent driver. For months his times were always respectable. Then he suddenly started posting times 5-10 seconds faster than anyone else in the world. Yeah...That doesn't just happen.

You can see the captured screenshots here: LINK

Reminded me of my world first on Gran Turismo 5 so thought I'd have a go! Need to find a little more time with accelerating if I was to improve by a lot but great setup that I used from @SW__10 I just modified the downforce a little to keep up with rank 1 a little (But now I see that he's hacking it makes a bit more sense!)

Enjoy anyway :)

Best time of 1.23.313. Two things I learned doing this event:

1) The penalty system in this game sucks.

2) Under no circumstances should this car be driven with Race Hard tires.

However, since I'm seemingly one of the few that enjoys the Red Bull cars, I might try for a better time at a later date.

Best time of 1.23.313. Two things I learned doing this event:

1) The penalty system in this game sucks.

2) Under no circumstances should this car be driven with Race Hard tires.

However, since I'm seemingly one of the few that enjoys the Red Bull cars, I might try for a better time at a later date.
What tires do you think should be on this car, if not Race Hard?

What tires do you think should be on this car, if not Race Hard?

Truthfully, when I do hot laps & the standard championship, I prefer using softs. I know people don't like them because of the unrealistic grip they give, but they make it easier for me to push the car to its limits and get the maximum possible speed out of it, which is what the car is all about.

That's not to say I don't see why they put hards on the X2014 for this challenge. They're the tires it came with and it makes it more challenging.

After trying this event for 5 minutes I've decided that this will be the first (and so far only) seasonal event since the games release that I am entirely uninterested in getting gold in. I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a spoon repeatedly than drive this foul machine on a DS3.

PD at their best: One TT with a ridiculously horrible car & another on a 10 minute track. (Anyone else get a red lap 9 min into the lap?) Sheer genius. It's almost like they're trying to piss their user base off.

gave it one more try and got a 1.20.489 by changing few settings, now at 167th. Been using top Ds3 ghost, and can get barely infront of him at one point but then mess up.I'm going to wait till last day now.

Here's my quick tune for the Red Bull:

suspension: everything on maximum except camber 0 0 and toe stock
brakes: stock
gears: stock
LSD: 5 5 5
downforce: stock
+oil change +rigidity improvement (not sure if this helps)

Currently on 1:18:6 but I see a few more tenths with this.

Man alive I'm a mile away I was on a 1:24 but ballsed it up how on earth are you getting 1:18's with a stock car?!

Has anyone got any info on what what all the settings do exactly? you all seem to have very low LSD setting for example. Why is that?

Back