Red Dead Redemption 2

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 1,102 comments
And the hassle of getting a flight feather for small game arrows is just too much!

Getting flight feathers are easy.

Whenever I’m traveling between places, across open fields, I always have my Varmint rifle equipped. Whenever I see birds, I just look in the general direction, let auto-aim do it’s business and shoot. Depending on distance, and what sort of bird it is, it might take 2 shots to kill it.

Having the legendary satchel that can hold 99 different items in each category, and 99 of each item also makes it easier. No need to sell stuff to make room for other stuff.

Having the legendary satchel that can hold 99 different items in each category, and 99 of each item also makes it easier. No need to sell stuff to make room for other stuff.

I'm a cougar pelt away from getting all of them unlocked and I can never find one :(

I'm a cougar pelt away from getting all of them unlocked and I can never find one :(

They're not that common throughout the map, try the trail north of lake owanjila (west of Strawberry), or the trail between Blackwater and Quakers Cove (to the Southwest), or, around the river to the Northwest of Annesburg.

The pirate hat is really cool. Not sure where you can get one other than the crashed ship in one of the islands in the lake.

The Tricorn hat is a unique item only available there.

I really wish the game had some civil war revolvers in them. RDR had the Lematt and personally would have loved a Colt Walker or navy and 1858 Remington. Those old cap and ball revolvers just look way cooler and have been modded to use cartridges in real life.

600px-LeMat_RDR_2.jpg

300px-1847Colt_Walker.jpg

300px-Colt_Navy_Model_1861.JPG

300px-New_model_Army_IMG_3544.jpg

edit: added photo's
edit 2: Red dear Revolver included a 1858 remington and Colt Navy

latest

400px-Rdr-pacificador.JPG

Last edited:
The Tricorn hat is a unique item only available there.

Wow I got really lucky then. One day I just decided to row to the middle of the lake, steal a barge, and sail and explore around the lake, and bam, right on one of the islands a crashed ship with a freaking awesome pirate hat.

Wow I got really lucky then. One day I just decided to row to the middle of the lake, steal a barge, and sail and explore around the lake, and bam, right on one of the islands a crashed ship with a freaking awesome pirate hat.

There is also a 'Broken Pirate Sword' south of the rail bridge going into St Denis. Its on a little cluster of islands in a beached row boat.

Pfft. After getting tired of one of the random NPC encounters, I decided to shoot the guy so he'd quit struggling and let the wolf enjoy his or her meal. The game wouldn't even let me shoot him, dimming the aiming reticle...at least he died this time, so hopefully I won't have to hear his complaining anymore.

Too bad, guy. I'm not on your side on that one. :lol:

How do u give Dutch his pipe and Sadie her harmonica? Both is in the horse satchel. Tried to walk up to them but there is no prompt button to press. Also tried to donate it at the camp , but cant. :confused::confused::confused:

Does anybody know if online will use the same social club crew system?

Judging by the multiplayer trophies, I think there will be some sort of posse system. I think this will be more akin to CEO/MC in GTA rather than the crew where you team up in a session. I would guess the crew system would still be present though unless they make a new thing and keep crews exclusive to GTA.

How do u give Dutch his pipe and Sadie her harmonica? Both is in the horse satchel. Tried to walk up to them but there is no prompt button to press. Also tried to donate it at the camp , but cant. :confused::confused::confused:

Don't you get a "give request" option (or something like that) when you click L2 to interact with them? Other than the usual Greet and Antagonize?

Check the mission request (tap left on the D pad).

I accidently shot the blind fortune tller near Valentine. Is he dead permanently or does he respawn?
How did you do that? I was doing a low honor play through and I tried to shoot him, but the crosshair turned gray and wouldn't let me.

I accidently shot the blind fortune tller near Valentine. Is he dead permanently or does he respawn?
I can't speak specifically to the blind fortune teller, but I accidentally shot the snake bite victim in Chapter 2 and then came across him again in a different location during Chapter 3.

I can't speak specifically to the blind fortune teller, but I accidentally shot the snake bite victim in Chapter 2 and then came across him again in a different location during Chapter 3.

I also did come across 2 snake bite victims, but they were specifically 2 different person. (one was ethnicly black) Are you sure they were the same person?

I also did come across 2 snake bite victims, but they were specifically 2 different person. (one was ethnicly black) Are you sure they were the same person?

I've also seen the two snake bite NPC's, as well as two different hunters who have been caught in a bear trap. Seems like there's multiple versions of the same random encounters? Assuming they made it that way in case you miss one the first time.

Two things.....but I don't know how far most are, so I'll spoiler them. I've been done with the story for a week and a half now.

I can't milk the cow. I go do the other chores, but there isn't an icon for the pitchfork to shovel the poop
, and you HAVE to shovel poop before you can milk the cow, and you have to milk the cow (at least twice) before you can load the milk cans into the wagon, and you have to load the wagon before you can sell the goods...I can do all the other chores...lol

and

I find it funny that Marston can't change clothes in the house that he bought/built at Beecher's Hope. He has to g to town to rent a room at the saloon to be able to change clothes and/or take a bath. I bet Abigail is pleased.

That being said, people (NPCs) are making comments, basically laughing at how I am dressed. It's quite funny. Jeans, boots, spurs, I can't think of the name of the coat, a vest, one of the french shirts (can't really see it) and the tri-corner hat (somewhat Assassin's Creed 3-ish). It's kind of funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and

I went to Braithwaite's Secret (psycho female chained in the outhouse), and there was a peep option, so I peeped. No possessed female, just a skeleton. Which I thought was somewhat eerie.

Two things.....but I don't know how far most are, so I'll spoiler them. I've been done with the story for a week and a half now.

I can't milk the cow. I go do the other chores, but there isn't an icon for the pitchfork to shovel the poop
, and you HAVE to shovel poop before you can milk the cow, and you have to milk the cow (at least twice) before you can load the milk cans into the wagon, and you have to load the wagon before you can sell the goods...I can do all the other chores...lol

and

I find it funny that Marston can't change clothes in the house that he bought/built at Beecher's Hope. He has to g to town to rent a room at the saloon to be able to change clothes and/or take a bath. I bet Abigail is pleased.

That being said, people (NPCs) are making comments, basically laughing at how I am dressed. It's quite funny. Jeans, boots, spurs, I can't think of the name of the coat, a vest, one of the french shirts (can't really see it) and the tri-corner hat (somewhat Assassin's Creed 3-ish). It's kind of funny.
Have you checked in the washroom down the hall? Across from Jack's room. I thought you could change there. Maybe I'm wrong though...

I'm having trouble catching legendary fish. I've caught most of them, but I'm going to spoiler this just in case...

Ok. I've caught every Legendary Fish without a problem. Mostly. Sockeye Salmon and Largemouth Bass both took me a while. Upon completion the fisherman takes you in a special trip down south on the San Luis River. He claims there is a Legendary Channel Catfish. He tries to catch it, it pulls him in the water. You can pick up his hat and special spinner lure. And from there, the fish and the fisherman is a mystery. There are reports of Rockstar telling people it is catchable when asking the support team. BUT NOBODY ON THE INTERNET HAS BEEN ABLE TO CATCH IT. As far as I can tell. Have you guys searched or read anything about it? I've tried everything. Even with the overcast weather at night time, I catch a bass and then the sky is crystal clear. I dont get it :(

Try doing it in the bedroom...
Oh, and

I went to Braithwaite's Secret (psycho female chained in the outhouse), and there was a peep option, so I peeped. No possessed female, just a skeleton. Which I thought was somewhat eerie.
Earlier in the game, she’s alive and...”active”. You saw her in her calm state of mind

Flash_Sweden,
that's where you'd think he'd be able to, but he can't.

kolio,
that worked....

Flash_Sweden:
that's how it seems to be with most of the females I've interacted with in my life...

Thank you.

Flash_Sweden,
that's where you'd think he'd be able to, but he can't.

kolio,
that worked....

Flash_Sweden:
that's how it seems to be with most of the females I've interacted with in my life...

Thank you.
I forgot. You can only change in the house after Abigail has returned. After that, you’ll have visitors from the Pronghorn farm that gives you some furniture. It might be that that triggers the ability to change clothes at your farm.

I had the same guy, after having 3 of these encounters. Arthur even said "You again?"

Just finished the main story. What an amazing game, I’d definitely say its the best story R* have created to date. Kind of want to revisit the original now to see how it compares

The epilogue though I think drags on way to much. The first chapter is 90% ranch tasks which takes absolutely ages and only has one bit of descent action that’s over in 5 minutes. It honestly feels like a tutorial for a DLC Expansion instead of the ending for a full game. Although it does seem like it’s doing a good job of showing the gap between the main story of RDR2 ending and RDR1 starting, especially once chapter 2 starts

Also slightly annoyed I lost all my money and the $1,500 horse I’ve spent half the game building trust with but I geuss i can earn that back

Latest Posts

Back