Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
Hi guys, I'm new to the world of Forza having recently purchased an XB1.

I'm really enjoying it so far with the RS3 Sportback as a starter car and I'm looking forward to trying out the cars from the Top Gear pack that was included in the bundle.

Hopefully I'll be able to play online with some of you guys soon once I get XBL and take time to have built up my car collection.

Good evening all :) A Friday night natter...

What car class do you like to drive the most? I like C's and B's. Mainly because they're
not too fast and give you time to think about your lines etc, whilst driving

What car class do you like to drive the most? I like C's and B's. Mainly because they're
Just recently I've been really into C/B. I used to tune my cars into A class, and set a rivals time for almost every single track in that class, but just switched it up one day.

My personal favourites are C and D, they are (IMO) easier to control and just allow me to feel more confident when driving side-by-side with other drivers. For D class I really enjoy the challenge of keeping the momentum up while taking corners as they're not the fastest in a straight line so any lost speed through corners can be a huge loss in overall lap time.

For D class I really enjoy the challenge of keeping the momentum up while taking corners as they're not the fastest in a straight line so any lost speed through corners can be a huge loss in overall lap time
indeed, I love the challenge of keeping the momentum going on low powered cars. Smooth in the turns, not too jabby on the brakes and throttle

Great fun :cool:

indeed, I love the challenge of keeping the momentum going on low powered cars. Smooth in the turns, not too jabby on the brakes and throttle

Great fun :cool:

Are you on a controller? Cos' years of playing racing games on a controller has given me golfer's elbow!

Yeah I'm on a controller but my elbows, wrists and fingers are fine :D

I want a good wheel for my X1 at some point, but I must consider the cost and plan accordingly

Yeah I'm on a controller but my elbows, wrists and fingers are fine :D

I want a good wheel for my X1 at some point, but I must consider the cost and plan accordingly

:lol:....

I think I've been at it (controller) for too long. Plus, gotta lay off the coffee for a while. Ain't all that great in the long run for your tendons I reckon!

Everyone dubs fake sounds into trailers these days :(

Exactly. Knew those were too good to be true. Sounded like real cars. :lol:

I've decided to dip my toe into the X1 wheel scene by ordering one of these entry-level things

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ITMJMWI/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

I'm aware of the lack of ff and vibration but I couldn't bring myself to lash out £300 or so on
the full monty in case I get fed up with using a wheel, as I did in my PS3/GT5 days

I'll let you know what I make of it, it's arriving on Thursday :D

What about pedals and stick shifter?

What about pedals and stick shifter?
It has pedals but no stick shifter, it uses flappy paddles. That's the thing I'm looking forward to the most I think, using manual gear shifts

I can't seem the get the hang of that with a controller but I was ok with it on my last wheel, so should be ok this time

It has pedals but no stick shifter, it uses flappy paddles. That's the thing I'm looking forward to the most I think, using manual gear shifts

I can't seem the get the hang of that with a controller but I was ok with it on my last wheel, so should be ok this time

Dude, a proper wheel and pedal set up demands a stick shift! Would be wierd driving a muscle car using flappers to shift!

I've never seen fake sounds in a sim trailer before.

When he says fake sounds, he probably meant not using actual in-game ones. It's there in FM5 trailers, the DLC trailer (in this thread) and H1 as well as H2 trailers that came out a few month pre-launch? Remember the Skyline and Huracan sounds? Those were sample clips from the actual car. There was even a thread in here somewhere about that (trailer sounds were unusually good) when H2 was a few months away from launch.

Yes. Oh I get it...sorry. I said "sims", I should have said pc sims:sly:. All the trailers I've see for PCars, AC, R3E, GSCE etc. all use in game sounds..well..because they don't need to dub sounds;)
This is why reading comes in handy.

:P

EDIT: actually whoops, I failed hahahaha. I had thought he had originally pointed out FM and GT :ouch: So yes, this is why reading comes in handy :lol:

I've decided to dip my toe into the X1 wheel scene by ordering one of these entry-level things

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ITMJMWI/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

I'm aware of the lack of ff and vibration but I couldn't bring myself to lash out £300 or so on
the full monty in case I get fed up with using a wheel, as I did in my PS3/GT5 days

I'll let you know what I make of it, it's arriving on Thursday :D
The wheel arrived :D Nice stiff bungee resistance and beefy metal shift paddles. Clamped to my desk easily enough and bob's your uncle

I've had to move to bonnet (hood) cam from chase because the car was too swingy in chase but I wanted to go to hood cam anyway, so all good

All zones set to 0/100 and steering set to sim. Drives very nicely 👍

The wheel arrived :D Nice stiff bungee resistance and beefy metal shift paddles. Clamped to my desk easily enough and bob's your uncle

I've had to move to bonnet (hood) cam from chase because the car was too swingy in chase but I wanted to go to hood cam anyway, so all good

All zones set to 0/100 and steering set to sim. Drives very nicely 👍

GOOD stuff!

Get the pedals and stick shifter soon. :D

Its got pedals :D

edit: I have the sensitivity set to 3, which in the leaflet it came with is called 'very low'

2 was too twitchy and 4 had too much of an inside deadzone (imo), even though the game
menu inside deadzone is set to 0

Despite the wheel's lack of ff or rumble, it has enhanced my enjoyment somewhat

£70. I can't imagine lashing out £300 or so on the full monty Thrustmaster wheel unless
I come into a big wedge of free money :lol:

Last edited:
small update...

The wheel drives better in FH2 than it does in FM5, both wheel and game settings the same

It's just a small difference in initial response that I'm seeing, I think

Anyway, all good fun and back to it :D

See you all this evening, unless you're out enjoying yourselves like normal people :lol:

edit: Upon further playing, it's not that the initial response is quicker in FH2 than FM5,
it's a smoother transition from no response to response

There's a definite 'pop' into the response in FM5 that's seamless in FH2

Make of it what you will. Maybe T10 tweaked it or more likely I'm talking cobblers :crazy:

Last edited:
small update...

The wheel drives better in FH2 than it does in FM5, both wheel and game settings the same

It's just a small difference in initial response that I'm seeing, I think

Anyway, all good fun and back to it :D

See you all this evening, unless you're out enjoying yourselves like normal people :lol:

edit: Upon further playing, it's not that the initial response is quicker in FH2 than FM5,
it's a smoother transition from no response to response

There's a definite 'pop' into the response in FM5 that's seamless in FH2

Make of it what you will. Maybe T10 tweaked it or more likely I'm talking cobblers :crazy:

Are you using SIM steering in both games with the same deadzones?

P.S: All this talk of FM5 has me excited as cr**!

Hope I run into zero issues while downloading DLC tracks. Cos' The Ring is the first track I want to test out my very first FM5 car! :D

Are you using SIM steering in both games with the same deadzones?
I'm using exactly the same settings in both games, but...

I'm not sure there's the option 'sim/normal' for steering in FH2. I don't recall seeing that option

Will check later and let you know 👍

Back