Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
i have maybe a dozen or so races left to go in the career game

i gotta admit even though it has limited tracks i really love the way this thing drives

not sure what i'll do after i complete all the races but it f6 could be out by then

the pull is that strong that even with the content of gt6 or the environment of fh2 or the gfx of DC, i still keep coming back to f5

That'd be cool :D

So, is everyone enjoying the 'Cycled Production' online section?

I like racing the same, stock car as the others in the room because it removes some variables and leaves
much, much more to driving ability

A great pity though, that these rooms are populated by as many crashy-bashy idiots as any other room

It amazes me that having paid a not inconsiderable amount of money on an X1 and FM5 that they'll then
proceed to drive like loons. Imo they've wasted their money by doing that

Speedster my friend, you are in for a treat! :cool:

Man.. the feeling is overwhelming I tell you! Still gotta wait 2 weeks... :banghead: :grumpy:

Can't help but fantasize going sideways and fighting to stay on edge in my favorite exotic on The Ring or Prague.. Bernese Alps redone...

All signs point to taking a 2-day sick leave once the One arrives :lol::lol::lol:

I can't really imagine how much they've improved the physics and audio; IMO they are pretty darn good at FM4 đź‘Ť

Also can't help but watch FM5 videos on Tube every now and then.. just getting pumped up.

I don't think I've been this excited about getting a console just for one game since my X360 + FM2 and GOW purchase.

Over the weekend I met the owner of the actual Ferrari 612 Scaglietti that was modeled in Forza 2 (and probably the same model that was used in all subsequent games). He's the second owner, but mentioned that T10 came to the Lingenfelter Collection in Brighton, Michigan and scanned 3 other cars in their 200-car collection.

2004-ferrari-612-scaglietti_3_1.jpg

Lingenfelter Collection

Yeah, it would definitely be cool. Apparently he's on a 2-year waiting list for his BMW i8. Ahh, the tough life of being rich.

I recently got an Xbone and FM5. I have to say, it is more enjoyable than I was expecting. Without the Auction house and the storefront, there is nothing to distract me from racing. At first I was let down, but now when I want a quick race, I eagerly play FM5.

In order to complete the events, I set the difficulty pretty low and I bang out at least 3 races a day.I just dont know how many actual races are in the career. Finding a list is tricky.

I recently got an Xbone and FM5. I have to say, it is more enjoyable than I was expecting. Without the Auction house and the storefront, there is nothing to distract me from racing. At first I was let down, but now when I want a quick race, I eagerly play FM5.

In order to complete the events, I set the difficulty pretty low and I bang out at least 3 races a day.I just dont know how many actual races are in the career. Finding a list is tricky.

It is a great game. Lacks polish in some areas but fun nevertheless. Aren't you absolutely loving the physics? They're mind-blowing IMO. Without the assists and SIM steering on that is.

Finding the list isn't tricky at all. Just Google it.

I'm on a controller for now, so sim steering is off. I never liked having it on when using the controller. With a 900Âş wheel on FM4, I ran sim steering when I was hot lapping, and sometimes online. That depended on if I was in a public match or not. If I was in the hoppers, sim steering was off. Private matches I mostly had it on.

This morning I added the events up. There are 669 races in total. I'm trying to work out how many races must I complete daily to finish the career. Now I got some math to do.

I'm on a controller for now, so sim steering is off. I never liked having it on when using the controller. With a 900Âş wheel on FM4, I ran sim steering when I was hot lapping, and sometimes online. That depended on if I was in a public match or not. If I was in the hoppers, sim steering was off. Private matches I mostly had it on.

This morning I added the events up. There are 669 races in total. I'm trying to work out how many races must I complete daily to finish the career. Now I got some math to do.

Yes, I think it's best to leave normal steering on for now, though I enjoy the far more on with SIM activated on the controller. Really nuanced and you have to super-careful not to slip up. Makes for very exciting driving.

Although it kind of stinks the front wheels won't go to near-full lock when you need them to! :banghead:

Got my hands on Forza 5 GOTY yesterday after trying every store in my town (including one that supposedly ordered it in but three weeks later still waiting). Had to drive an hour out if town to an EB store out in the sticks. Glad I got it. All the updates are in disc as well as all tracks so 14GB first day rubbish thank goodness. And having the Forza Rewards app I was automatically gifted 1.2m credits and a couple of cars so I'm all set.

The game is beautiful but the physics are vastly different then 4 which isn't a bad thing, I just gotta be smoother I guess.

Got my hands on Forza 5 GOTY yesterday after trying every store in my town (including one that supposedly ordered it in but three weeks later still waiting). Had to drive an hour out if town to an EB store out in the sticks. Glad I got it. All the updates are in disc as well as all tracks so 14GB first day rubbish thank goodness. And having the Forza Rewards app I was automatically gifted 1.2m credits and a couple of cars so I'm all set.

The game is beautiful but the physics are vastly different then 4 which isn't a bad thing, I just gotta be smoother I guess.

1.2 mill credits and some free cars?? You lucky stiff!

I'm absolutely loving the transition from 4 to 5. The physics are so nuanced it makes me want to kick myself in the kahunas, and blink a few times just to make sure I'm actually experiencing it.

BEST driving physics and engine sounds on any console to date.

And yes, you'll need to be very smooth and on top of it at all times to pilot the faster cars. They are a handful, just like real life.

I think it's quite understated just how technical 5 is to get right. You really have to flow with the road, which adds massive responsibility on somewhere like the Nord.

@Speedster911

Did you get your console yet? Have you tried FM5?

I booted up the ol' 360 the other day and popped in FM4. I must say, FM4 is a much better game, but it did take them 3 generations to get there.

This might sound strange to some, but I view FM5 not as a sequel, but as a re-boot. They, essentially, re-made all the cars, the tracks, the career mode, the sounds, the physics, etc. Not much, other than perhaps the title and some past designs, made it over to FM5. Because of this, I never thought the criticisms it got were quite fair to the developers.

Don't get me wrong; it does have some un-excusable issues. For one, they removed the ability to tune/load tunes prior to a race, thus forcing players to quit to the main menu to load tunes before jumping back into the racing cycle. As far as the car sounds go; by far some of the best I've ever heard, but they are a bit too tame. My problem with FM4's sounds were that many cars in there sounded all too aggressive/loud. In FM5, I have to rack up my sound system to max just to hear a straight-piped '65 Mustang with a 289 HiPo at idle; wasn't like that in FM4. Some of the cars are missing the "dirty," and animalistic sounds that FM4 had, but FM5 sounds much clearer and fine.

There's one car, though, that sounds so close to the real thing and has so much detail in its audio that it blows me away every time, and I've been waiting for Forza to have the Series I body of it in the game for a long time: The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. The sound of the transmission, the growls from the Weber carbs, the sound of the idle, the scream of the V12....sorry lads...got a bit carried away there :P

I've heard those GTO's race MANY times and boy did the audio team nail the sound of that car. Probably figured they might not have many chances to record one! If anyone is curious about who's responsible for the sound of the cars in the Forza series, it's The Audio Guys: http://www.theaudioguys.co.uk/tag-working-on-forza-motorsport-5-for-xbox-one/

VXR
I think it's quite understated just how technical 5 is to get right. You really have to flow with the road, which adds massive responsibility on somewhere like the Nord.

You've said it best: "Have to flow with the road, particularly true for surfaces like the Nordschlieffe."

The physics are nothing short of a technical marvel. đź‘Ť

@Speedster911

Did you get your console yet? Have you tried FM5?

I booted up the ol' 360 the other day and popped in FM4. I must say, FM4 is a much better game, but it did take them 3 generations to get there.

This might sound strange to some, but I view FM5 not as a sequel, but as a re-boot. They, essentially, re-made all the cars, the tracks, the career mode, the sounds, the physics, etc. Not much, other than perhaps the title and some past designs, made it over to FM5. Because of this, I never thought the criticisms it got were quite fair to the developers.

Don't get me wrong; it does have some un-excusable issues. For one, they removed the ability to tune/load tunes prior to a race, thus forcing players to quit to the main menu to load tunes before jumping back into the racing cycle. As far as the car sounds go; by far some of the best I've ever heard, but they are a bit too tame. My problem with FM4's sounds were that many cars in there sounded all too aggressive/loud. In FM5, I have to rack up my sound system to max just to hear a straight-piped '65 Mustang with a 289 HiPo at idle; wasn't like that in FM4. Some of the cars are missing the "dirty," and animalistic sounds that FM4 had, but FM5 sounds much clearer and fine.

There's one car, though, that sounds so close to the real thing and has so much detail in its audio that it blows me away every time, and I've been waiting for Forza to have the Series I body of it in the game for a long time: The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. The sound of the transmission, the growls from the Weber carbs, the sound of the idle, the scream of the V12....sorry lads...got a bit carried away there :P

I've heard those GTO's race MANY times and boy did the audio team nail the sound of that car. Probably figured they might not have many chances to record one! If anyone is curious about who's responsible for the sound of the cars in the Forza series, it's The Audio Guys: http://www.theaudioguys.co.uk/tag-working-on-forza-motorsport-5-for-xbox-one/

Yes .. yes... YES! I now have the X1 and both Forza games :D:D:D

To be honest, as much as I'm enjoying FM5, I don't see myself playing it as long as I played or enjoyed FM4. It's amazing what they did with 5 as a launch title, but at the same time it feels kind of lonely you know? 4 just has SO much stuff to do apart from the deep and engaging career mode + events list. And I'm missing it already and getting the urge to hook up the 360 just to have a go at the tracks.. driving cars missing from FM5 or available only as paid DLC.. what a load of croc!

However, despite it's flaws and some bugs/issues, I'm really impressed and at the same time uber-grateful to be able to get an X1 just for Forza. There are times when the visual fidelity just leaves me stunned.. the detail in the cockpit, how the sounds change from the cockpit to bumper to chase cam.. how your car sounds different coming at the cam and then passing it.. you can hear the exhaust loud and clear! It's almost erotic and forbidden in a way it seems! Know what I mean? :dopey:

There are just too many things I like about the audio, visuals and physics to sum up in a forum conversation. A few shortcomings here and there, but the positives MORE than make up for it.

This has always been T10's approach and it may not have much to do with the generation jump: they've constantly omitted the good stuff from previous games in exchange for newer or "allegedly" better stuff. Perhaps its a deliberate attempt at getting people to keep playing the previous games or something.

Ah yes, the sounds.. oh man, the sounds. :bowdown: You cannot believe the sheer joy and exuberance I felt when I took the ZR1 or SLR McLaren for a spin. Both the road-going Dodge Vipers sound so spot on, it makes me want to crank up the volume and drive them over and over again. They NAILED that brutal, raspy V10 exhaust note just right. Sound design: nothing short of brilliant. Just brilliant.

I agree with the 250 GTO; though I've never heard it in a video, let alone real life, it does sound very convincing. All the Ferraris and Lambos sound VERY close to their RL counterparts. If you ask someone to stand still in the room with their back to the game, I don't think they could tell!

I bought a Mustang Boss the other day and swapped a racing V8, maxed out. I couldn't believe how close the thing sounded to Dom's 1000 HP Charger.

I think I must stop before I get carried away.

FM5 is a great game despite some glaring issues, but it doesn't top FM4. Just doesn't. 4 is T10's BEST work to date. :cheers:

The two big things that I'm having a hard time adjusting to in Forza 5 is

1. The physics. Gotta be so much smoother to be faster instead of grabbing the car by the scruff of the neck and throwing it around the track. Braking-the triggers on xbox one are so sensitive compared to 360. It's just going to take time to adapt.

2. Where's all the GT cars? Forza 5 has very little- Aston dbr9, Corvette Ferrari Viper BMW GTE cars and that's about it. No GT3 cars like the McLaren or the SLS which I loved in Forza 4. No Saleen or older GT1 cars. Hopefully forza 6 is more like 4 in this regard.

I'm actually liking autovista this time around compared to FM4. Im enjoying walking around popping bonnets opening doors etc

The two big things that I'm having a hard time adjusting to in Forza 5 is

1. The physics. Gotta be so much smoother to be faster instead of grabbing the car by the scruff of the neck and throwing it around the track. Braking-the triggers on xbox one are so sensitive compared to 360. It's just going to take time to adapt.

2. Where's all the GT cars? Forza 5 has very little- Aston dbr9, Corvette Ferrari Viper BMW GTE cars and that's about it. No GT3 cars like the McLaren or the SLS which I loved in Forza 4. No Saleen or older GT1 cars. Hopefully forza 6 is more like 4 in this regard.

I'm actually liking autovista this time around compared to FM4. Im enjoying walking around popping bonnets opening doors etc

Yeah I very badly miss the GT cars from FM2 and 4.

Forza Vista can be fun though I wish we had May or Clarkson describing the transmission, suspension and engine etc. I know it's near-impossible with so many cars but still! :D

Yeah I very badly miss the GT cars from FM2 and 4.

Forza Vista can be fun though I wish we had May or Clarkson describing the transmission, suspension and engine etc. I know it's near-impossible with so many cars but still! :D

Actual race cars are a bit lacking in FM5. I think T10 is aiming more towards road cars because they want to follow through with their "turn car lovers into gamers, etc." philosophy. More people can relate to road cars than they can to GT Cars. Still, I hope they really bring back the "Motorsport" aspects in FM6...

Actual race cars are a bit lacking in FM5. I think T10 is aiming more towards road cars because they want to follow through with their "turn car lovers into gamers, etc." philosophy. More people can relate to road cars than they can to GT Cars. Still, I hope they really bring back the "Motorsport" aspects in FM6...

Ditto.

I too hope to see them bring back the motorsport aspect to the Forza games and improve it in unimaginable ways!

Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy Forza 5 this week. Is there still enough online multiplayer activity so I can jump in and have a quick random race now and then?

Thanks! :)

Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy Forza 5 this week. Is there still enough online multiplayer activity so I can jump in and have a quick random race now and then?

Thanks! :)
I've had the game since June 2014, but really haven't dabbled with the multiplayer up until this month, but I was still able to find a room no problem so far. I've only tried in C, B, and A so far though.

Back