Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
Decided to grind off my last achievements from FM5, the last time I tried the P1 vs. the Nordschleife rivals event I got a dirty 7:29.***, this time on my first lap I got a absolutely perfect 7:02.548 without any rewinds. What a difference a tune makes lol.

Also the first time I completed a lap around the Ring without rewinding with a car above B class.

Next up: Panoramic. I have about 2.5 hrs left... :/

Last edited:
Decided to grind off my last achievements from FM5, the last time I tried the P1 vs. the Nordschleife rivals event I got a dirty 7:29.***, this time on my first lap I got a absolutely perfect 7:02.548 without any rewinds. What a difference a tune makes lol.

Also the first time I completed a lap around the Ring without rewinding with a car above B class.

Next up: Panoramic. I have about 2.5 hrs left... :/

Good show!

Don't you just the love The Ring from FM5?

BTW, while we're on the subject, FM6 feels like such a polished title next to H3. Just a thought. Off-topic I know. *slap on wrist*

Good show!

Don't you just the love The Ring from FM5?

BTW, while we're on the subject, FM6 feels like such a polished title next to H3. Just a thought. Off-topic I know. *slap on wrist*
Yeah, I think FH3 is my last Horizon game, just waiting to try out the rest of the DLC I bought before I delete it.

Honestly the trail races ruin it for me, some of those stupid jumps I have to literally rewind 10 times to get that perfect angle that won't send my car to its death.

I like tracks, I can learn those corners and adjust to them when other drivers are on the racing line, it feels like a lot of jumps there's one perfect line for most of them so if another person is next to you...

So hyped for FM7 and hoping that the rumors of it becoming a service (no FM8, just endless DLC afterwards) so we don't have to wait a year for more content.

So hyped for FM7 and hoping that the rumors of it becoming a service (no FM8, just endless DLC afterwards) so we don't have to wait a year for more content.

If this is true, then could this mean that Forza 7 could have a continually updated car list? That it could be the first game to have an ever modern selection of cars (far beyond a 1 year period)? If so... :drool:

Mind you I do like classic cars too.

The last time I played the Forza Motorsport 6 kiosk demo, I never got to complete the Rio race. Today, I completed that event. Man- that track is tough! I could only manage 6th in that one-lap race around lovely Rio de Janeiro in the modern Ford GT. It may be one of the toughest city courses I've ever played since either GT4's Hong Kong or GT5/6 Circuito de Madrid.

So I've now played both the Rio race and the Brands Hatch race in the rain. I think another FM6 demo had you race Sebring at night. I want to try my luck at racing in the dark if I get a chance.

Finished of Panoramic and the max 4 manufacturers affinity achievement, so after 3 years I've finally maxed out my Forza points in FM5... time to go back to FM2/3? Too bad they never fixed FH.

My PC parts should be coming end by the end of this week or early next week, so I'll be able to try the Forza series for the first time since FM1 on the original Xbox. If FM6 Apex runs well on my PC, then I might pick up Forza 7 when it comes out later this year.

I got bored and decided to pretty much re-do the whole career mode using cars I wouldn't normally use for each category, if only just to actually try more cars and also get rid of a bit of that money they keep throwing at me... So far I've made some pretty bad choices (Hello A45 AMG understeer machine) and some pretty good ones (how did I forget the Alfa Romeo SZ was in there?)

I just bought and downloaded the NASCAR expansion. I was expecting a night version of Homestead but instead there's a rain version. The cars are fun and I've already had some good races with them, and I found a Ryan Blaney #21 livery to use also 👍

Just switched my controller section and OMG this just became a new game! I also love the mods. I thought at first why put this in the game, but now I hope they keep them in FM7 and let us stack them even if it's the same mod category... I use the loss grip ones for my stock production cars or older cars. It makes the driving so much better!

I just bought and downloaded the NASCAR expansion. I was expecting a night version of Homestead but instead there's a rain version. The cars are fun and I've already had some good races with them, and I found a Ryan Blaney #21 livery to use also 👍

I keep forgetting that I've yet to buy it. I really liked taking NASCAR vehicles around other tracks in GT5 — the 'Ring was fantastic with them, ask @dice1998 — so I'll have to grab it once I'm burned out on Rocket League.

Just switched my controller section and OMG this just became a new game! I also love the mods. I thought at first why put this in the game, but now I hope they keep them in FM7 and let us stack them even if it's the same mod category... I use the loss grip ones for my stock production cars or older cars. It makes the driving so much better!

I know sim elitists will get all bent out of shape about them, but I enjoy the mod system too, in the sense I can manipulate it to my advantage. I think I ran just about every career race with the forced manual-clutch mod for extra cash. :lol:

I think they had the NASCAR expansion on sale ($5) late last year - sorry now that I didn't jump on it and hoping they discount it again. In it's place I took the Porsche expansion for $5 - that was a good buy!

I think they had the NASCAR expansion on sale ($5) late last year - sorry now that I didn't jump on it and hoping they discount it again. In it's place I took the Porsche expansion for $5 - that was a good buy!

I too, personally speaking, feel the Porsche expansion boasts far more value, not to mention VIR's insane layouts, even though I have both.

I very much doubt they would use a Lamborghini as a cover car for two games in a row, although they're the only manufacturer to have appeared twice on a Forza cover.

I also doubt a race car would be the star — that's not been the case yet (outside of the liveried road cars on FM1 and FM2's covers).

Considering that it's a twitter account for a racing league, I'm guessing it's merely to announce their intention to run leagues in FM7.

Hey guys, I made a new tutorial regarding Forza 6 and thought it could be interesting for you. :) It's about shifting and the differences between automatic, manual and manual w/ clutch. I didn't post it in the video section, because I thought there's a general use for stuff like this. :)

Hey guys, I made a new tutorial regarding Forza 6 and thought it could be interesting for you. :) It's about shifting and the differences between automatic, manual and manual w/ clutch. I didn't post it in the video section, because I thought there's a general use for stuff like this. :)

Doesn't man/w clutch damage the tranny no matter how cleanly you shift?

Doesn't man/w clutch damage the tranny no matter how cleanly you shift?
I don't believe so. I think it initially starts with damage, but its not continually damaged so long as you shift correctly. It has been a while for me though.

I haven't even thought to check that after finding it way back in 2015. Since I spend 95% of my time in the public hoppers these days, it's not a concern.

It'd be pretty sad if it's still an issue.

I haven't even thought to check that after finding it way back in 2015. Since I spend 95% of my time in the public hoppers these days, it's not a concern.

It'd be pretty sad if it's still an issue.
I can't even recall. I usually had damage off since going into an online lobby was hit or miss. There were a lot more misses, than anything.

I don't believe so. I think it initially starts with damage, but its not continually damaged so long as you shift correctly. It has been a while for me though.

It never got resolved. They've had it since FM3. You can almost always hear the line bouncing off the limiter in replays. I just stick to manual and lift off the throttle to give it that manual stick-shift effect. :D

Back