Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
The only thing I don't like about the game - I play ABC's quite often in multiplayer. As soon as I get to the first turn, everybody rear-ends me into the wall.

I used to love the ABC lobbies too, but that sort of crap-shoot is the story in every hopper, it seems. I've been in A class a lot lately and it still happens there. Seems a fair amount of people just got into the game recently too, judging by XP levels and general abilities. Maybe the recent sales are to blame...

Does anyone here host private lobbies? When I had a PS3, I used to love GT5 when people would host private lobbies where people who did that stuff got booted. And then I could cruise around and chat with the other participants about their cars.

The only thing I don't like about the game - I play ABC's quite often in multiplayer. As soon as I get to the first turn, everybody rear-ends me into the wall.
Typical Forza online.

Ran into more of the same last night when I went online to quickly grab some images of the Exige for our DLC contest (which I've seen @Cowboy driving on occasion). I did however have some payback at the rainy version of the N24 circuit (in the Daytona Coupe). Got out ahead and never looked back: finished a lap in under 10 minutes, while the other two podium guys barely crossed the line before the cut-off.

I haven't done anything online, but I have finally started making progress in the single player mode now that FH3 has grown a little long in the tooth. It's not as good as FM4 but it's still not bad, although I had a hard time with the Stormfront series.

I really do hope Blueprint makes it's way into FM7 as playing FM6 has given me some interesting ideas. I may share them... soon. :sly:

I thought about playing some multiplayer, then I remembered all of the shenanigans that normally take place in the hoppers. So I just decided not to turn the Xbox on at all. Back when FM2 was Turn 10's latest, multiplayer was the most compelling reason to play the game. Now I play Forza when I have down time, and I hardly venture on line. It's kind of sad.

Having a question about the photomode of the game. When compared to Horizon 3, FM6 seems to have more options, better quality pictures and higher detail in the photorender. Is my assumption correct?

Having a question about the photomode of the game. When compared to Horizon 3, FM6 seems to have more options, better quality pictures and higher detail in the photorender. Is my assumption correct?

I don't think that's really true. I think both games' Photomodes are identical outside of being able to move the watermark and repair visual damage in FH3. What might be the case though is that all cars exist at a slightly lower LOD in Horizon versus Motorsport. Would have to take two similar shots to compare.

So, I'm continuing on the hunt to maximize my Affinity levels. Right now I've been slugging through the A-Class hopper. Currently sitting at 24 complete:
  1. Ford
  2. Saleen
  3. Mazda
  4. Lamborghini
  5. Chevrolet
  6. Lotus
  7. Porsche
  8. BMW
  9. Rolls-Royce
  10. Ferrari
  11. Acura
  12. Datsun
  13. Subaru
  14. McLaren
  15. Pontiac
  16. Plymouth
  17. Aston Martin
  18. Mercedes-Benz
  19. Nissan
  20. Alfa Romeo
  21. Honda
  22. Lancia
  23. Shelby
  24. Audi
Outside of Dodge (which needs about one race to complete), here are the next 10 closest:
  1. Toyota (21)
  2. Opel (18)
  3. Maserati (15)
  4. Jaguar (14)
  5. Volvo (13)
  6. Volkswagen (7)
  7. Abarth (7)
  8. Mitsubishi (7)
  9. Fiat (6)
  10. Renault (5)
I've just built what I think is a decent circuit-friendly Clio V6 (with the 458's V8 :D ), and an absolutely bonkers front-drive Neon ACR for oval work (topping out at 215mph). Don't know what I'll use for Abarth and Fiat.

Just a small touch, having never used the Golf R before, it simulates the electronic diff really well out of tight corners. The inside rear wheel is practically still, whilst the outside one is rotating much faster.

Hello friends, please let me know if you see Forza 6 on for a good price in the UK, I am going to buy it but i'm not going to pay full whack price.

Happy holidays friends !!

MC

Hello friends, please let me know if you see Forza 6 on for a good price in the UK, I am going to buy it but i'm not going to pay full whack price.

Happy holidays friends !!

MC

Interesting you're asking this at the end of the year when everything goes on sale including stuff on Xbox Live! How's Mars this time of year? :dopey:

Dear Friends, thank you for your replies.

I need to know - I have a PS4 and a G29 wheel for that (in waiting for GT Sport essentially), but I cannot buy another wheel for the X Box One as it don't have the space for two wheels. My question is how fully can I experience the full Forza Six experience with just the standard Xbox Controller.

In other words, is it really important to have a wheel to experience Forza 6 properly or can I have almost as much as a good time with a standard Xbox 1 controller? Thank you friends.

Dear Friends, thank you for your replies.

I need to know - I have a PS4 and a G29 wheel for that (in waiting for GT Sport essentially), but I cannot buy another wheel for the X Box One as it don't have the space for two wheels. My question is how fully can I experience the full Forza Six experience with just the standard Xbox Controller.
In other words, is it really important to have a wheel to experience Forza 6 properly or can I have almost as much as a good time with a standard Xbox 1 controller? Thank you friends.
I have a great time with just a controller, but I've heard that using a wheel makes it a bit easier to drive since cars in Forza favor oversteer. I think you can fully experience the game without a wheel, it's just that you may need to tune your settings a bit more fine.

Also, there's an edit button on the bottom of each of your posts you can use to avoid double posting 👍

No - irrespective of all the information and hype flying around on the internet, you *do not* need a wheel to enjoy Forza in all its glory. YES.. a wheel gives you force feedback, which is really cool, YES, it gives you more freedom over degrees of movement... but Forza is one of those games that comes really well-optimized for a standard controller.

I hear the elite controller improves the control even further, though the standard new 'slim' controller makes for ergonomically friendly gameplay, great feel on the triggers and a 3.5 mm headphone jack... can't tell you how much I love that. :D

In fact, Forza happens to be built primarily around the pad rather than the other way around. For the best experience, I'd recommend keeping steering mode on "sim", with outside steering and throttle/brake deadzones to 100% and inside to 0%.

Welcome to Forza! :cheers:

Just a quick question, is Rivals weird for anyone else? It keeps automatically selecting me as my rival. Anyone else have this issue? Sorry if it's been asked before. Just didn't wanna make an entire new thread about it.

I recently came back to FM6 to go on an achievement hunt, I got 3 easy ones that simply required changing badges and a 4th one involving a Mclaren GP car. The Mclaren achievement was a pain due to AI punting me at each turn. Then, I had a start with the another achievement where I basically have to complete a race with every single Ferrari in the game. I'm past the halfway mark and intend to complete it tomorrow, I'm also playing FM2 again to beat that game.

Just a quick question, is Rivals weird for anyone else? It keeps automatically selecting me as my rival. Anyone else have this issue? Sorry if it's been asked before. Just didn't wanna make an entire new thread about it.

I've had the same thing happen to me, seems if none of your friends have set a time or set a time lower than you, you become your own benchmark. I've also had a few times where my rival was the #1 guy in the world instead of the one right ahead of me, which means he's pretty much unbeatable.

I went back and had a race in the Alfa P3 today. It's so crazy to drive after spending so much time on Horizon with it's unrealistically grippy dynamics. It was actually a lot of fun.

I've been back on FM6 over the Christmas period. I've been using hatchbacks for photo use. Two things I wish Horizon 3 had; the 323ti as a player car and the slower, more realistic turn-in of FM6. I don't think there's much wrong with FH3 handling per se, it just feels slightly quicker than it should on turn-in.

I finally got the Car Culture achievement today, I had to rent some cars to complete it. Next time I play, I'll do the Mid-Engine and Front Engine Porsche achievements.

Where do you even find the achievements? I hunted all over the FM6 menus today and couldn't find them anywhere.

Where do you even find the achievements? I hunted all over the FM6 menus today and couldn't find them anywhere.
You have to go to the achievements section of you Xbox live account. At your home menu, just move to the left and move down until you see a trophy sign marked for achievements. Select FM6 and you'll see the achievements listed.

Well that and you can check the achievements for all of your Forza games on your Forza account. You just need to sign in (use your Xbox live username and password to sign in), click on overview under "rewards". You'll then see the Forza titles listed where you can click on any of them to see your achievements.

Back