reply to this if you have Gran Turismo 1,2,3,4,5prolouge and 5

I have all those, plus TT, HD, and GTPSP. Only need 4 prologue and the concepts to have a complete collection.

Yep, I got them all. What's the point of this thread? I feel like there's supposed to be a point.

Oh, okay. Which one is your favorite?

Whichever one I am currently playing. It was GTPSP for a while recently, now its GT5. I have restarted GT and GT2 on my PS3, so those might become my favorite once I start playing them again.

It's probably worth five bucks.

Maybe.

Worth more if you have the rest of the collection.

Well, TT may only cost five bucks, but it's probably worth a lot more than five bucks to us. :)

I'm going to figure the first GT. I probably spent $20 on my copy. Played the crap out of it for about six months. Back in those days I only worked 3 nights a week. So I figure at least 6 hours a day (I was addicted, bad) and that could be conservative.

4 months @ 30days per month

30 days x 6 hours = 180 hours

180 hours x 4 months = 720 hours

$20 / 720 hours = 0.0277777 cents

That's less than three cents an hour. :lol:

Up until a couple years ago I would play GT1 and GT2 for about 3-4 hours a day, basically for 8 years. I remember my parents spending 50 bucks to get a PS1, GT1, GT2, 2 Sony Controllers and 4 memory cards. So basically just use this equation: Price of playing per Hour=Total Cost of Game/Total Hours spent playing.........................Total Hours spent Playing can be calculated by estimating the amount of hours spent playing per day, then multiplying that by 365. Then you take that answer and multiply it by the number of years you've been playing it.

I haven't checked the price of TT recently. I'd guess EB etc. probably want about 10 for it. Maybe I'll check. Perhaps not. My wife and I don't meet up at that mall so often anymore.

I felt a bit ripped off by the "demo" nature of TT. So I was suggesting a price at which I thought most people might not feel ripped off even if they were disappointed.

eBay suggests I'm not far off, although they seem to have recently made it harder to search completed listings. Prices from about $4 to $9. (shipping extra usually)

Last edited:
I haven't checked the price of TT recently. I'd guess EB etc. probably want about 10 for it. Maybe I'll check. Perhaps not. My wife and I don't meet up at that mall so often anymore.

I felt a bit ripped off by the "demo" nature of TT. So I was suggesting a price at which I thought most people might not feel ripped off even if they were disappointed.

eBay suggests I'm not far off, although they seem to have recently made it harder to search completed listings. Prices from about $4 to $9. (shipping extra usually)

I'm going to Chatham in a couple days, so I can check out EB Games. I would love to buy it cheaper off Ebay, but I have no credit card, and actually going to pick the game up yourself just feels better. As you know you're not running into the chance of getting ripped off.

VANDENAL
Up until a couple years ago I would play GT1 and GT2 for about 3-4 hours a day, basically for 8 years. I remember my parents spending 50 bucks to get a PS1, GT1, GT2, 2 Sony Controllers and 4 memory cards.
So basically just use this equation:

Price of playing per Hour(PPH)=(TCG)/(THSP)

Total Cost of Game(TCG):
Pretty Self-explanatory.
If you bought say 2 games for 50 dollars, then use 25 dollars.

Total Amount of Hours Spent Playing(THSP):
Establish the average amount of time you spent playing the game daily. Then multiply it by 365 (days in the year), and then multiply it by the number of years you spent playing it.

Now to calculate your (PPH), Take your (TCG) and divide it by your (THSP) and the number you calculate is your (PPH)

So playing for 3 hours a day, 7 days a week, for like 10 years would be calculated like this:

PPH=TCG/THSP
PPH=25/(3hours a day*365 days*10 years)
PPH=25/10950
PPH=0.002283105022831050228310502283105

So in other words, it cost me 2 tenths of a penny (1 cent coin) for an hour of gameplay.

Now if I could only figure out how much hydro I used.

Would that be calculated by taking your total time spent playing and factoring how much energy the Playstation uses (in Kilowatt Hours) and dividing it by the cost of electricity per 1kW?

Now if I could only figure out how much hydro I used.

Would that be calculated by taking your total time spent playing and factoring how much energy the Playstation uses (in Kilowatt Hours) and dividing it by the cost of electricity per 1kW?

I think the power supply is 0.3 Amps for a PS1, by 120V = 36 Watts, so using it for an hour would use 0.036kWh of electricity, and perhaps an average rate for electricity over the time you used it is $0.25 per kWh, or $0.009 per hour (you multiply, not divide), or *10950 hours total = $98.55 over 10 years of play. Yay math!

I think the power supply is 0.3 Amps for a PS1, by 120V = 36 Watts, so using it for an hour would use 0.036kWh of electricity, and perhaps an average rate for electricity over the time you used it is $0.25 per kWh, or $0.009 per hour (you multiply, not divide), or *10950 hours total = $98.55 over 10 years of play. Yay math!

:lol:

Under 100 dollars! :lol: Who said 10 years of gaming was expensive! Now I have to create a thread simply titled: The PPH and Electrical Cost Thread...:lol:!

I have GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4. Should I get Tourist Trophy or is it a waste of money?

If you liked GT4 and like motorcycles, then you absolutely should get TT.

If you like having all the GT games then you should get TT.

If you want a fun motorcycle simulator then you could get TT.

Thank you for a good upfront answer. My PS2 game collection could use Tourist Trophy. Does it use GT4's tracks?

But don't expect the same depth of gameplay as in the rest of the GT series. (You've probably got that idea, already...)

It [Tourist Trophy] uses the GT4 tracks, plus Valencia (Circuit Ricardo Tormo, not the formula one Valencia Street Circuit). One or two tracks or variations may be missing, I can't remember exactly.

Last edited:
I've been collecting GT games since I was 3 and I have all 6 (American)

What am I supposed to be replying to? Am I supposed to pat you on the back for having all the versions? I have all 6, and have never asked for a pat on the back, or thought that made me, in some way, special. I imagine there are many here, that have had all 6.

Yep, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Prologue, and 5. Almost bought GTPSP for the hell of my colletion (I don't even own a PSP) and really want Tourist Trophy.

PiRacingChamp
What am I supposed to be replying to? Am I supposed to pat you on the back for having all the versions? I have all 6, and have never asked for a pat on the back, or thought that made me, in some way, special. I imagine there are many here, that have had all 6.

No I'm not asking you to pat me on the back or give me a trophy I just simply wanted to know which of the GTs everyone else owns cause I know I'm not the only die hard car fan out there

Latest Posts

Back