rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
For those already using SP3, are the engine files different? I know at least three add-ons may get over ridden should I install this, but I'm curious about the sounds as I'm currently trying to fix the sounds in the Ligier folder.

I downloaded and installed SP3 of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod. How would I describe it? Simple- awesomeness on top of already awesome awesomeness. I enjoyed racing the BMW GT2 car (as well as listening to it. It sounds sweet!), and I was thrilled by racing the Maserati MC12. I enjoyed listening to the Oreca Nissan and also racing the Lola prototype coupes in both P2 and P1. My knocks mostly pertain to certain views of the cars. What is supposed to be the Roof view on some cars seems more like the Nose view on some cars. This mostly pertained to some of the Oreca prototypes in P2. I had to either change to the Driver view or the Swingman view.

Other than that, this is a great addition to an already amazing mod.

I downloaded and installed SP3 of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod. How would I describe it? Simple- awesomeness on top of already awesome awesomeness. I enjoyed racing the BMW GT2 car (as well as listening to it. It sounds sweet!), and I was thrilled by racing the Maserati MC12. I enjoyed listening to the Oreca Nissan and also racing the Lola prototype coupes in both P2 and P1. My knocks mostly pertain to certain views of the cars. What is supposed to be the Roof view on some cars seems more like the Nose view on some cars. This mostly pertained to some of the Oreca prototypes in P2. I had to either change to the Driver view or the Swingman view.

Other than that, this is a great addition to an already amazing mod.

I am loving it. Working on a dream Le Mans championship now of pre 2010 LMP1 / LMP2 / GT1 only classes :drool:

Actually suggestions guys... a 36 car AI WEC and 50 car LM grid... what mix? P1/P2/GT1 I have now - how about P1/GT1/GT2?

I think the Aston sounds a bit underwhelming though. Should be higher pitch in and out the car.

I do agree on the DBR1-2, I actually prefer the sound from this mod:

Now an important question: of all the cars being added by this mod, 8 of them I already have as add-ons. Will those have to be deleted? Is their any sorta of significant differences between the Enduracers models and the ones used for these add-ons?

Edit: Correction, 7 1/2 as I don't have the 09S as an add-on.

Last edited:
I do agree on the DBR1-2, I actually prefer the sound from this mod:

Now an important question: of all the cars being added by this mod, 8 of them I already have as add-ons. Will those have to be deleted? Is their any sorta of significant differences between the Enduracers models and the ones used for these add-ons?

The ORECA won't be, I know of that. I have zero conflicts on my install. Back up could be useful though.

LMP1-GT1 LM race for AI I think for me... 25 P1s and 25 GT1's :drool:

Downloading it right now and holy crap, this is a huge file exe file.

With the Gran Turismo type in me, I mostly have put 16 to a track. I sometimes go for 20 to a track. Farthest I'll go is 24 cars to a track. One time on my former PC, I did Jacksonville Speedway with 40 or 43 cars to a track using the NSCR mod. I have Circuit de la Sarthe in my collection of locations. I don't know if I would try to put on anything north of 20 cars around Le Mans in my rFactor play. Even Le Mans 24 Hours- one of the best racing games of all time (to me)- had 20 cars around Le Mans, not to mention exclusively featuring the 2000 Le Mans field when you raced that event. It's something I would surely try if I were ambitious enough. Even more ambitious, I'd invite only GT cars around any of the tracks that use the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

And yes- I too am disappointed with the sounds of the Aston Martin DBR-1. Otherwise, this car is pretty beast to drive.

If I were to suggest some cars for a hypothetical EnduRacers Endurance Series SP4 pack, this would be my list of cars to consider: Audi R8 GT3, Audi R8 LMS, BMW Z4 GT, Chevolet Corvette C7.R, SRT Viper, NISMO GT-R GT3, Audi R18 TDI, Audi e-Tron, Lola B12/60, Lola B12/80, Toyota TS030, Toyota TS040, Porsche 919 Hybrid, and yes- I'd even include this: the DeltaWing. Basically all or most of the more recent GT and prototype machines are what I featured here.

With the Gran Turismo type in me, I mostly have put 16 to a track. I sometimes go for 20 to a track. Farthest I'll go is 24 cars to a track. One time on my former PC, I did Jacksonville Speedway with 40 or 43 cars to a track using the NSCR mod. I have Circuit de la Sarthe in my collection of locations. I don't know if I would try to put on anything north of 20 cars around Le Mans in my rFactor play. Even Le Mans 24 Hours- one of the best racing games of all time (to me)- had 20 cars around Le Mans, not to mention exclusively featuring the 2000 Le Mans field when you raced that event. It's something I would surely try if I were ambitious enough. Even more ambitious, I'd invite only GT cars around any of the tracks that use the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

And yes- I too am disappointed with the sounds of the Aston Martin DBR-1. Otherwise, this car is pretty beast to drive.

If I were to suggest some cars for a hypothetical EnduRacers Endurance Series SP4 pack, this would be my list of cars to consider: Audi R8 GT3, Audi R8 LMS, BMW Z4 GT, Chevolet Corvette C7.R, SRT Viper, NISMO GT-R GT3, Audi R18 TDI, Audi e-Tron, Lola B12/60, Lola B12/80, Toyota TS030, Toyota TS040, Porsche 919 Hybrid, and yes- I'd even include this: the DeltaWing. Basically all or most of the more recent GT and prototype machines are what I featured here.

Available for WES (which can be integrated into ES) are the 2014 WEC cars, so R18, 919, TS040, plus the Porsche 991, Astons, F458's, and the Tudor Corvettes and Vipers and BMWs are in as well ;)

Also if you are really good you can integrate the BES mod as well ;)

So after finally installing, I watched the intro (which sure I've already seen, but I just had to see it on my TV :D). After looking at all the new models, I've got to be honest...Apart from the Aston Martin sound mod, I'm not so sure I'd miss the add-ons. The SP3 models are good enough and sound enough that I no longer need them.

Ok, I'm thinking it might (or might not) help the issue I have if I get rid of the mods I'm not using. I've gotten rid of three so far (mostly ones I had just for cars I could not get in enduracers, which his no longer the case). Now however are three Sportscar mods I want to get rid but before I do, I'd like the following cars from them:

WEM

Corvette C6.R GT1
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV
Doran Ford GT
Jaguar XKR
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560
Lotus Evora
Radical SR9
Lola B05/40
Lola B10/65
Audi R8
Courage LC75
Pescarolo 01
Dome S102

VECH

Rebellion R-One
HPD ARX-03b 2014

WES
Corvette C7.R

So Furi, how do you do move cars int othe mod again?

Last edited:
I knew nothing of the WES mod and stuff and the Endurance Series add-on machines until I did a search online for these things. I looked up Simtek and saw the different mod packages for rFactor with the 2012 Blancpain Endurance Series (which I might try out in the future), the Endurance Series add-ons, and the World Endurance Series mods. These look like good mods and a good add-on. I'll be sure to play around with these and see if they are any good.

I currently have downloaded Endurance Series add-on package from Simtek. Thanks for the suggestions, Furinkazen.

Currently altering the HPD sfx file of the Ligier, which is massively incorrect. The HPD powered cars have the sound of the V8 and not the V6, which is what is the actual engine they have.

Might do more of these corrections depending on what I find.

Currently altering the HPD sfx file of the Ligier, which is massively incorrect. The HPD powered cars have the sound of the V8 and not the V6, which is what is the actual engine they have.

Might do more of these corrections depending on what I find.
I've been making adjustments to aero on the WES GTE cars as the Aston and Z4 are OP, Vipers next quickest then The 458 and 911, with Corvette slowest.

Also lot of cars are heavy but have 70kg built in for driver weight. Oh and I'm finalising a 2014 LMP1 Bop.

Got it done and after looking at my replay from when I first drove it, its a success 👍

Never would have thought just copying all the content from one sfx file to another would've done the job, but it did.

Furi, is there any chance you could give us some details on your adjustments? I'm thinking of downloading that mod.

Currently recording all the laps from the Add-on cars and the cars in SP3 pack, felt like these would yield a reasonable comparison between the two.

I didn't install the *unofficial* add-on pack for the EnduRacers Endurance Series pack. However, I did try out the Blancpain Endurance Series and the World Endurance Series mods for rFactor. First, the BES.

The Blancpain Endurance Series features a good variety of GT cars. The one I enjoyed most was the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, which was MUCH better to race than the R8 LMS in the Gentleman class. I would lovingly design skins for the R8 LMS Ultra if I were to make skins for it. The big problem I've had with the BES cars is that once you spin them out or get into some serious crash, they are almost impossible to try to drive straight again. Even having these cars with Invulnerability turned on makes them a real hassle to drive after a big spin or crash. So it's almost safe to say you better hope you drive these cars right or avoid as many knucklehead drivers online with these things.

Now my look at the World Endurance Series mod. I have surely praised the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod before. This one is just as good with a great variety of cars. People, you would have to surgically remove the smile on my face racing the SRT Viper. I enjoyed racing this thing using the Toban Runoffs course as my test course. Gorgeous car that's very nimble. I also enjoyed racing the Ferrari 458 Italia and the Aston Martin. All three of the P1 cars are a blast to drive. Maybe I drove it better, but I pulled times in the 1:14 range around Orchard Park Road Course compared to the P1 Porsche and the P1 Toyota, which I ran 1:16 times around the same course. The Toyota was VERY nimble and delivered power quite well. Even more nimble was the Porsche Hybrid P1 car.

So if you love GT/Sportscar/Endurance racing and play rFactor, these are some good mods to have in your collection.

Out of curiousity, does anyone here run rFactor with Vsync turned on? If so, what does it actually do? I just found out about this and I've never had it turned on.

Out of curiousity, does anyone here run rFactor with Vsync turned on? If so, what does it actually do? I just found out about this and I've never had it turned on
I believe it keeps the frame rate (fps) synchronised to the refresh rate of your monitor. Older monitors (mine included) refresh at 60hz so vsync will keep your fps to 60 (max) if you have such a monitor

I cap my fps at 30 in rFactor, GT Legends, GTR2 and Race 07 because my gfx card is quite low spec and I can't keep a solid 60fps with good in-game settings and large fields of AI

Downloading SP3 and the Epsilon LMP car too.

I did an ALMS 2007 race at Orchard Lake and I qualified fourth but finished 18th due to 2 huge crashes. Crash one (Lap 2) was when I spun out next to another Audi R10 and hit the wall and had to pit. 2nd crash was the fault of a blue Porsche 911 GT3 Cup ramming me while I was braking, forcing me into the wall at 80MPH. Had to pit again and that put me from 12th to 21st. Will try an LMS 2011 race at Imola today. I plan to use either the new M3 GT2, the F430 GT2 or the LMPC car.

WCP have just released version 1.1 for their Formula E mod. Unfortunately, you have to sign up to their forums to get it. :grumpy:

I did, and you also have to request a link to the mods too.

Hi guys, rFactor newbie here and I need a bit of help. I'm having a bit of a problem sorting my downloaded tracks in rFactor. For some reason Zandvoort shows up twice in the venue list, even though I checked in the GDB file and they are exactly the same (I copy pasted just to be sure). I also tried checking to see if Zolder is the problem (because alphabetically it's supposed to come below Zandvoort, but it's splitting the two Zandvoorts) but everything looks fine in its GDB file as well. Any ideas what might be causing the problem or which files I should check? These tracks work completely fine btw, it's just my OCDness can't stand the track list looking so disorganized :P

Thanks in advance for any help 👍

Back