rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
Is one of the Zandvoorts inside a folder that isn't called Zandvoort in your /rFactor/Gamedata/Locations directory?

DK
Is one of the Zandvoorts inside a folder that isn't called Zandvoort in your /rFactor/Gamedata/Locations directory?

Nope, they are all in one folder. There are 3 variations of the track inside the main Zandvoort folder in the directory. In the game, 2 of those variations show up under one venue and the remaining one show up under the other venue. I've checked the spelling and spacing in the GDB files for all 3 and they are all identical.

So in-game it looks like this:
Zandvoort > Zandvoort Club, Zandvoort GP
Zolder
Zandvoort > Zandvoort National

In that case, just try merging the two Zandvoort folders, and undo that if it's giving you any problems.

DK
In that case, just try merging the two Zandvoort folders, and undo that if it's giving you any problems.

Err...that's the thing I'm trying to do. In the game directory there is only one file, but it shows up as two in the game's track list.

EDIT: Weirdly enough, it seems to have fixed itself after I've done some sorting to other tracks :confused:

Oh, right. I'm sorry, I honestly can help you there.

I have started a little hot laps series with rFactor. I plan to do one for GTR2 and Race 07 aswell but this'll be a good starting point. Now, to keep it fair, each car gets 5 laps around the OldRing Grand Prix circuit to set a time and the best time will be saved. I'll likely use Monza for Race and Imola for GTR2.

First up is the Oreca FLM09 LMPC.

Spreadsheet with the times is attached to this post and will be updated.

Attachments

• rFactor Hot Laps (Old Ring GP) 1.0.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 8
Working with FVR V8 Supercars and struggling badly with FPS. How can I delete parts of the car model or lower polygons? It appears to have just the one LOD.

Spent a lot of today editing mods. Decided to separate Super Touring into a separate RFM for every season... And also installed a new showroom and customised the background banner...

Results - @RACECAR you ever done this? :P

upload_2015-3-31_21-31-36.png

upload_2015-3-31_21-32-32.png

upload_2015-3-31_21-32-2.png

upload_2015-3-31_21-32-56.png

upload_2015-3-31_21-33-37.png

Working on importing from an F1 mod a pitcrew set next. Also updated crash effects, spark effects.

:eek:

Never, didn't even realize that was possible much less how.

Spent a lot of today editing mods. Decided to separate Super Touring into a separate RFM for every season... And also installed a new showroom and customised the background banner...

Results - @RACECAR you ever done this? :P

View attachment 341415

View attachment 341417

View attachment 341416

View attachment 341418

View attachment 341419

Working on importing from an F1 mod a pitcrew set next. Also updated crash effects, spark effects.
I want to try that! How do you do that?

Patient task. Creating a new RFM, making sure all directories are the same, then, creating images in photoshop and saving as TGA.
Not the backgrounds for the showroom, sorting all of the cars into series and stuff.

Something I haven't done since installing rFactor on my current PC is go to a better UI. I am not searching for a different UI, but I just remember how much easier and how much more I could configure easily when I used an interface different from the original rFactor UI. Something else I used to use in my previous play of rFactor was a mod loader which made it easier to configure options for rFactor as well as start up the game with whatever mod package I wanted to use. I should re-install some of these to get the best possible experience outside of racing in rFactor.

Just added the Radical SR9 and Courage LC75 from the WEM mod and they work :D

Now to just get them to show up in the same place as the other P2 cars. Hopefully, the other cars will be just as easy to add.

Something I haven't done since installing rFactor on my current PC is go to a better UI. I am not searching for a different UI, but I just remember how much easier and how much more I could configure easily when I used an interface different from the original rFactor UI. Something else I used to use in my previous play of rFactor was a mod loader which made it easier to configure options for rFactor as well as start up the game with whatever mod package I wanted to use. I should re-install some of these to get the best possible experience outside of racing in rFactor.

Which mod loader? Had no idea one had UI options available.

I have successfully gotten all the cars (that I wanted) into enduracers from the WEM mod. Suprisingly easy, just spent the time just organizing the cars so they wouldn't be all over the place in the menu. That's now one mod I can get rid of.

Edit: Correction, I have three cars that keep acting up. While only one of the Lamborghini R-SVs will show up, the Corvette and the Audi R8 don't even show up in the menu despite the work I've done to the Directory.

Last edited:
I have successfully gotten all the cars (that I wanted) into enduracers from the WEM mod. Suprisingly easy, just spent the time just organizing the cars so they would be all over the place in the menu. That's now one mod I can get rid of.

I'm dropping focus on ER for now and working on my other install. AI issues cropping up with cars suddenly doing emergency handbrake lock ups in corners...

But do I do anything to the new rFM?

Yeah. Got to rename it, make sure all folder directories are correct, make sure the vehicles you want all have the new text to be included (example if you want it t pick up vehicles with tag of "F1JASON" the RFM must have "F1JASON" and each car in your mod you want must have "F1JASON".

Yeah. Got to rename it, make sure all folder directories are correct, make sure the vehicles you want all have the new text to be included (example if you want it t pick up vehicles with tag of "F1JASON" the RFM must have "F1JASON" and each car in your mod you want must have "F1JASON".
So if I wanted to have WEC cars, how would I sort them by series and year? For example, I take Enduracers rFM, make copy, call it WEC, and put WEC tags for the cars I want to add, how would I go about sorting them into categories e.g. Individual series

So if I wanted to have WEC cars, how would I sort them by series and year? For example, I take Enduracers rFM, make copy, call it WEC, and put WEC tags for the cars I want to add, how would I go about sorting them into categories e.g. Individual series

If you want. Or have multiple names under the same WEC RFM. I have one with tags for ALMSGT12015 ALMSGT22015 ALMSP12015 and so on...

In other new GTP'ers, i've managed to create a realistic damage model and for touring car fans i'm reworking the Super Touring physics a little as well. If you want to know more just ask.

In other new GTP'ers, i've managed to create a realistic damage model and for touring car fans i'm reworking the Super Touring physics a little as well. If you want to know more just ask.
I would like to more

e4d.gif

You guys keep talking about modding mods. That's something I've been wanting to do for a while but I'm always doing something else instead. :lol:

Back