Richard Burns Rally - RSRBR 2016

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 338 comments
Nice.
About the pace note mods, whats the difference between that and the default one?
I'll simply have to look this up at google...

With the pace note mod it comes with the option of having real WRC co driver's like Phill Mills and Nick Grist along with some others. They also call out the corners different more so like in real life. They say like "5 left, 3 right" and etc compared to the default which say's "easy left, medium right". Just much easier to understand the numbers for me. I started doing much better once I got a better co driver 👍.

Hello RBR fans. Me self been that since 2004, but finally taking the step into , or onto PC from old school Ps2.
Question?: Is it requried to install a earlier version of RSRBR and work myself up thrue upgrades for best results, or could i start with RSRBR-2011
greetings from Norway

Hello RBR fans. Me self been that since 2004, but finally taking the step into , or onto PC from old school Ps2.
Question?: Is it requried to install a earlier version of RSRBR and work myself up thrue upgrades for best results, or could i start with RSRBR-2011
greetings from Norway

I haven't installed RSRBR12 yet, but I'd go with 2011 if its available, otherwise start with 2012 version... Enjoy and Welcome to the RBR community

Is it requried to install a earlier version of RSRBR and work myself up thrue upgrades for best results, or could i start with RSRBR-2011
greetings from Norway

No not really. I would suggest going ahead and installing the 2012 mod pack. You have to uninstall and reinstall the game and mod packs for each one so it would be easier to just go ahead and install the 12' pack. If not and you install the 11' pack first you would have to uninstall the 11' pack and game before being about to install the 12' pack. I have the 12' pack installed with the full car pack, track pack and pace note mod and it's great! :)

Anybody here have a 3 monitor setup? I'm going to be getting 3 monitors to run iracing on and I was running if I could setup RBR to run on all 3?

Hey Guys, was just looking at the RSRBR site and they have added an update for RSRBR 2012. Its update 1 and its mandatory.

Link:

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=10671

Here's a list of the new additions:

- Mini S2000 (N4_S2000_2)
- Mini WRC (A8W-12)
- Toyota Celica TA22 (VHC_2)
- Alfa Romeo GTA (VHC_2)
- Renault Clio Maxi (A7K_2)
- Mitsubishi Lancer evo X (N4_3)
- Nissan 350 Z (GT10_1)
- Ford Fiesta R2 (R2)
- Toyota Corolla AE86 (Group_H)
- Toyota Starlet KP61 (Group_H)
- New version for night mod
- New track Rally Poland 2009 Shakedown

I haven't gotten around to installing the 2012 version yet, but if any of you guys install the update, can you give us a bit of feedback on the new cars. Thanks lads, Enjoy!!!

Thanks for posting the info on the update I don't check that forum too much. I downloaded the update and re installed the car packs that was needed earlier today. I played with a couple of the new cars and the new stage for a little bit. Only cars I drove were the Mini WRC and the 350Z for a second.

The mini has a awful noise while your driving. I'm thinking it's the rocks hitting the undercarriage because it stops when the car in standing still. It's so loud though you can't really hear the co driver. I tried on a couple different stages and still the same. Didn't try any tarmac stages though. I guess I will have to turn the tire sounds down or something because it's really bad. So bad I didn't even want to drive the car anymore and that was one of the things I was most excited about. I even said to myself when I installed the 2012 mod and the mini wasn't up there that they would probably be coming out with an update with the mini before too long. The car itself was great to drive but the noise made me not want to drive it much. I only drove the 350 for a second on the 2008 ROC. Wasn't that great but not really the place for it lol.

I still haven't got around to driving all the cars or even all the stages. I don't have enough time to play it as much as I want, but I love the game and all the mods you can do. It's ten times better than any console rally game I've ever played. I just hop on and so some various stages about 5 or 6 at a time. That way I never really learn one stage and it's more like real rallying cause I'm going solely off the pace notes. There are a couple easier ones I'll do to kinda get warmed up then just pick random ones and go for it. Still haven't tried playing online yet. I figured I would be kinda slow though cause the way I play. I don't really keep redoing stages to get faster I just keep moving on. Makes it more realistic.

No not really. I would suggest going ahead and installing the 2012 mod pack. You have to uninstall and reinstall the game and mod packs for each one so it would be easier to just go ahead and install the 12' pack. If not and you install the 11' pack first you would have to uninstall the 11' pack and game before being about to install the 12' pack. I have the 12' pack installed with the full car pack, track pack and pace note mod and it's great! :)

Anybody here have a 3 monitor setup? I'm going to be getting 3 monitors to run iracing on and I was running if I could setup RBR to run on all 3?
Yep, you can on 3 monitors. I just installed RBR 2012 mod pack and just go to the ini file and change the resolution. Mine's set at 5760 x 1080. You then run CamHack from the control center (from the mod) and then start game. Initiate camhack by pressing "*" (numpad) and then adjust using the '[', ']', ';' and ''' keys. Maybe others but then I'm a noob and that was all I used.

Great sim. Never really played it but I think I will be..a lot ;). I did have the original on the xbox (gee, that was too hard with the controller). Always just went back to the CMR (was probably CMR2 back then) :)

Is there any way to use H pattern shifter for this? Any mods?
Found it and it works great. Thanks modders! You are the best.
http://www.e-rajdy.pl/index.php/h-shifter.html

Excerpt from the site (Google translated from Polish):
"The mod is very simple, has a clear menu which makes it affordable for everyone. H-Shifter plugin allows us to hook up the signals from our gear for the system H to the game, where each signal will be responsible for another run. This is more "quack" than some kind of easier, because in the struggle for hundredths sekudny importance of speed surges gear. However, the springboard mod gives great driving experience, and I think every fan rally with a tear in his eye remembers times where there was no sequential gearboxes. Those were beautiful times ..."

Yes, well said...those were beautiful times.

Found it and it works great. Thanks modders! You are the best.
http://www.e-rajdy.pl/index.php/h-shifter.html

Excerpt from the site (Google translated from Polish):
"The mod is very simple, has a clear menu which makes it affordable for everyone. H-Shifter plugin allows us to hook up the signals from our gear for the system H to the game, where each signal will be responsible for another run. This is more "quack" than some kind of easier, because in the struggle for hundredths seconds importance of speed surges gear. However, the springboard mod gives great driving experience, and I think every fan rally with a tear in his eye remembers times where there was no sequential gearboxes. Those were beautiful times ..."

Yes, well said...those were beautiful times.

99% Good translations 👍 I've translated one word highlighted in red.

What a fantastic game RBR is! I hadn't even heard of it a fortnight ago but found mention of it on a number of forums and an article at SimHQ. I bought a copy from Amazon for about £4.50 and despite a niggle with my DVD drives not recognizing the disc I eventually got it installed, patched and kitted out with the RallyeSim 2012 mod. The original vanilla game is stunning and the mods take it even higher. Just goes to show that a well coded game can stand the test of time and then some.

What a fantastic game RBR is! I hadn't even heard of it a fortnight ago but found mention of it on a number of forums and an article at SimHQ. I bought a copy from Amazon for about £4.50 and despite a niggle with my DVD drives not recognizing the disc I eventually got it installed, patched and kitted out with the RallyeSim 2012 mod. The original vanilla game is stunning and the mods take it even higher. Just goes to show that a well coded game can stand the test of time and then some.

Welcome to the RSRBR Community!!! have fun... 👍👍

Hey guys, So I finally got round to installing RSRBR12. Gotta say the new Mini and Polo are nice addition to the 2012 Edition. 1 problem I ran into, and it actually happened to me before was when I uninstalled RBR and RSRBR11 for a clean install was that when I went to clean install RBR from the original disk, it did nothing, just seem to stop all together. After a few hrs wondering what the hell was wrong, I figured out that during the uninstall, it seemed to delete some .DLL files that were required to run the installer. So, unfortunately I had to reinstall Window 7(64bit) to put back what it deleted. Anyone else ever come across this issue?

Also, I just want to make a note on this thread for myself and other, the best resolution I found on my PC with it connected to my TV was 1680 x 1024...

Test run in the Mini in Spain:

Test run in Australia in the Mini:

Last edited:
Video of the New Mini WRC in Replay in Chirdonhead England on Dry Gravel:

The Mini is so fun to drive, thanks to the guys at RSRBR, 👍👍

Last edited:
Does your Mini make horrible sounds from inside the cockpit? It sounds like maybe rocks hitting the bottom of the car but it makes it on all the different kinds of stages and it's so loud I can't hear my co driver or the engine really. I don't know whats going on but its the only car that does it. The s2000 mini doesn't do it. Also I can't get my replays to save either. It says save successful, but when I go back to try and view them it shows another car and a different stage and the replay will only be for a few seconds then stop:confused:.

Does your Mini make horrible sounds from inside the cockpit? It sounds like maybe rocks hitting the bottom of the car but it makes it on all the different kinds of stages and it's so loud I can't hear my co driver or the engine really. I don't know whats going on but its the only car that does it. The s2000 mini doesn't do it. Also I can't get my replays to save either. It says save successful, but when I go back to try and view them it shows another car and a different stage and the replay will only be for a few seconds then stop:confused:.

I have no real problems with it really, one thing I notice about it and you can see it in my video is that is is very front heavy when I hit a jump. As for the replays, I'm not sure if they save for me either, when I record mine, its directly after I run the stage and I use a Flip video camera just mounted behind my seat. Here's a picture of my recording setup:

picture.php

I have no real problems with it really, one thing I notice about it and you can see it in my video is that is is very front heavy when I hit a jump. As for the replays, I'm not sure if they save for me either, when I record mine, its directly after I run the stage and I use a Flip video camera just mounted behind my seat. Here's a picture of my recording setup:

picture.php

Oh ok I was thinking you were using a program like fraps to record the replay then uploading them. I'll have to see if I can view it right after the stage or if it just messes up when I try to save it and go back and watch later. It could have something to do with the mod pack because before when I was playing the regular game without the mod pack the replays worked fine. Also on mine I have noticed that all my "wildlife" like deer and birds are all black. I saw a you tube vid last night and the deer were the right color like how they are supposed to be.

I did notice it was nose heavy on the jumps in your vid. I haven't driven it enough to remember if it did the same to me. I guess something is wrong with the sound for the mini on my mod pack or something then. I could try and reinstall it to see if that will fix it, but that's a lot of trouble to get the sound on one car right when everything else works fine. I guess if I want to drive the mini I'll just have to drive the s2000 version. I normally drive the same cars anyway. I like to stick with the 09-10 WRC cars. I'll drive the 11' cars every now and then, but don;t like how they have no torque. I can do much faster stage times with the C4 and Focus, but I know they have a lot more power.

I have almost the exact same setup as you! :lol: I have the regular playseat evo in black alcantara, CSR wheel & shifter, Clubsport pedals and I use my 32' samsung tv for my monitor. I'll have to take a pic because it's weird looking at your setup because it's almost the exact same as mine haha.

Nice 1, look forward to seeing it... :-)

-------------------------------------

Fanatec Wheel owners:

Fanatec have just released a new driver for all PC wheels. Seemed to firm up the wheel on RSRBR12. Here's the link for both 32bit & 64Bit:

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8002#comment-20781

--------------------------------------

Just seen on the RSRBR site that Update 3 will be available in 22 days... Nice 1

Last edited:
I had heard of RBR before but I was never moved to actually get it given that it's quite old (I mainly 'play on' (maybe use would be a better word?) Race '07, but 2004 is going back a bit!). RSRBR'12 looks and sounds awesome, and I noticed there's AE86's in it... The game is so cheap now I think I pretty much have to pick it up. I'm building a sim rig right now so I'll be looking for more sims to use it with, especially ones that require a handbrake so building a vertical type handbrake will be worthwhile!

RSRBR 2012 - UPDATE 03 is live.
- New Dust mod
- New Night mod
- Nex track Humalamaki
- BMW E36 325i (Group_H) by grawedigger
- Ford Fiesta RS (A8W-12) by Garyson
- Modification for physics Mini S2000
- Modification for physics Toyota Starlet KP61
- Modification for physics Toyota AE86

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=11852

Note: After the install of this update you must re-download and re-install this car pack:
A8W-12, Group_H, here's the link for the car pack:

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=385&t=10179

Last edited:
installed all this stuff last night. One word:

Sick!

Tried it out last night myself, your not wrong, its Brilliant!!! The Mini handles so much better since the update. 1 problem i am having though is I can't seem to get to run the Polo. Every time I load the stage it just crashes back to RSCentre. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Been wanting to get into this game for years after playing a rented copy on mu ps2. Finally bought it on PC recently as I want to get more Racing Sims.

I'll install the RSRBR 2012 as soon as possible

RSRBR 2012 - UPDATE 03 is live.
- New Dust mod
- New Night mod
- Nex track Humalamaki
- BMW E36 325i (Group_H) by grawedigger
- Ford Fiesta RS (A8W-12) by Garyson
- Modification for physics Mini S2000
- Modification for physics Toyota Starlet KP61
- Modification for physics Toyota AE86

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=11852

Note: After the install of this update you must re-download and re-install this car pack:
A8W-12, Group_H, here's the link for the car pack:

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=385&t=10179
Sorry for the n00b question, but with the updates - do I need to install them in order? As in install Update 01, 02, and 03 or can I just install 03?

Yes, you do have to install all three parts and you do have to do them in order. I think the newer updates are essentially patches which only rewrite specific files. The full installation weighs in at 12GB in the end so make sure you have enough space before you start, I was really surprised that it ended up that big, and that's without the BTB stages!

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm fairly new to this (it's still a clean install with no mods).

If anyone's interested in the game I bought my copy from Zavvi, £4.95 -
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/richard-burns-rally/10034393.html

I believe I'm updated to 1.02 (but I'll double check). This is the order I'm planning to install the mods -

1) RSRBR 2012

2) RSRBR 2012 All tracks pack

3) RSRBR 2012 All Cars pack

And then do update 1, 2, and 3 in order.

I did the mod first, then parts 1 and 2, then the tracks and finished with the cars, part 3 wasn't out when I installed it. It's not ideal but if anything goes wrong it's not a huge job to reinstall if you've only just gotten the game... Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything if you like.

Hi guys.
Just picked this up last weekend.

I've been having a freezing issue where the game will freeze up my entire computer every now and then usually when I go off the course.
I've downloaded RSRBR but am afraid to install it in fear that it may make the problem first. Is it easy to uninstall? I was having the same problem with the demo but figured that the full version may solve the issue.
Running in windowed mode only delayed the freeze. I tried turning the graphics down, but that didn't help much.
I can run rFactor fine...

Also, what do you guys recommend for button layouts with the G27?

I did the mod first, then parts 1 and 2, then the tracks and finished with the cars, part 3 wasn't out when I installed it. It's not ideal but if anything goes wrong it's not a huge job to reinstall if you've only just gotten the game... Feel free to PM me if you need any help with anything if you like.
Thanks heaps for your help and info 👍. I'll give it a try and report back

I installed the GT5 Hud mod but it's flickering. Anyone have this issue before?

Here's a pic, like I said it just flickers.

aSWky.jpg

I also tried to download the 3.2 HDR mod, that then makes my GT5 hud disappear. I realize because it's overwriting the d3d9.dll. So is it possible to have the HDR mod, and the GT5 hud?

Thanks

Back