Richard Burns Rally - RSRBR 2016

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 338 comments
I use the 2012 mod with 3rd on the G27 as downshift and 4th as up, I also use a manual clutch. What class is the 911 in?

where can you download tracks for the 2012 mod?

Just got this today. Well... words fail me. I cannot tell you how great this is. I thought, given the game is a few years old now, the graphics wouldn't be all that good but wow! Better than any of the current WRC games. As is the gameplay. However, I'd like to just get on the championship without doing Rally School. Anyway of doing this?
Loving the Call For Help option which I don't recall seeing on any rally game before plus the false start check. Replays are pretty sweet too. The cars slide around like they were real cars. I'm going to try and get the mods now but seriously, very, very impressed. Don't know if I'll even consider WRC 3 now. This looks like too much fun. And only cost me £4.30. Schweet!!

HAving trouble installing the 2012 mod, cars and tracks. Also would like to knowhow the mod for gt5 gauges is performed. Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

I've not even got to the mods yet. I've downloaded and unzipped the patch and the HDR. However, I'm trying to open the game and I get an error message saying that "d3dx9_26.dll is missing from your computer". Do I have to reinstall again? :nervous:

I've not even got to the mods yet. I've downloaded and unzipped the patch and the HDR. However, I'm trying to open the game and I get an error message saying that "d3dx9_26.dll is missing from your computer". Do I have to reinstall again? :nervous:

Try this file Rich, I didn't try it but it came up on a google search

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_26

HAving trouble installing the 2012 mod, cars and tracks. Also would like to knowhow the mod for gt5 gauges is performed. Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

What sort of problems Matty?

Last edited:
Well, just won't load up the actual sim when all installed. Downloaded all tracks, proto 1 & 2 car packs and the 2012 mod. Open up mod, pick car/track combo, load rbr and just fails to load and won't respond.

Matty
Well, just won't load up the actual sim when all installed. Downloaded all tracks, proto 1 & 2 car packs and the 2012 mod. Open up mod, pick car/track combo, load rbr and just fails to load and won't respond.

Are you loading it from the RS Center?

Well yes and no, I have tried from both. But RBR won't open if the 2012 mod is installed, open or closed.

Matty
Well yes and no, I have tried from both. But RBR won't open if the 2012 mod is installed, open or closed.

I'll have a look at my RSRBR tomorrow when I get a chance and let you know...

Thanks, it's probably some corrupt install/download. I have uninstalled everything and re-installed RBR just so I had something to do since iRacing is offline atm.

Also, is this a common thing or just me, my controls never set, so everytime I re-open the game I have too re-set up my button commands. I am not sure if it saved my Rally School career though. Saved digi-dash settings anyway.

Also, fyi, I do have a profile called 'mulligatway' or however it is correctly spelt.

Are you on windows 7? Are you installing everything in your "program files" folder? If so you need to delete rbr and the mod pack and reinstall in another folder. I created a folder called "rally" to install everything in. If your on windows 7 and install everything in your program files folder your settings won't save and you will have problems with the sim and mod pack. That's what it sounds like to me because I had the same things happen when I first installed everything.

MadRR
Are you on windows 7? Are you installing everything in your "program files" folder? If so you need to delete rbr and the mod pack and reinstall in another folder. I created a folder called "rally" to install everything in. If your on windows 7 and install everything in your program files folder your settings won't save and you will have problems with the sim and mod pack. That's what it sounds like to me because I had the same things happen when I first installed everything.

I have it saved in something like C:\rally.

But I did have it in Program files before that, but I moved before I installed RSRBR IIRC.

Have you added the mod's various .exes to the DEP exclusion list thing? I honestly can't remember for the life of me how to get to that window but I do remember having to add a load of stuff to that list. Settings not being saved makes it sound like the game isn't being run with adequate permissions. Googling around should help, I'd do it myself if I wasn't at work! If you haven't solved it before I get home I'll see what I can do.

Also I'm having a problem of my own, I think I had been trying to get my triple monitor setup working with RBR last time I played but must have either given up or gotten distracted, now it runs on a single monitor but it's as if it's condensing the extreme aspect ratio of a triple monitor setup onto just one monitor but I can't find out how to change the FOV or aspect ratio (I've already changed it back to 16:10 in RScentre). I'm considering just uninstalling and starting from scratch but I can't remember if I took any other unusual steps when I installed it or not.

Thanks Rich. I've downloaded a patch from Microsoft to fix DirectX. Everything working now. Got RSRBR and RSCenter installed. Very nice. Just trying to find out how to create my own car skins now :-)

Also, is this a common thing or just me, my controls never set, so everytime I re-open the game I have too re-set up my button commands. I am not sure if it saved my Rally School career though. Saved digi-dash settings anyway.Also, fyi, I do have a profile called 'mulligatway' or however it is correctly spelt.

In order to save all your in game settings. you need to do so in the "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE" tab in RS Center. Setup your wheel, sounds and screen, then exit and re-enter RSRBR through the "Launch RBR". I only use this tab to launch the stage.

overall I felt the FFB was quite bad, gave me no feel for the grip and very loosey goosey with a G27.

I find the FFB pretty good, especially helpful in countersteer, I can usually just throw the wheel and it generally ends up where it needs to be.

Try setting the 2nd and 3rd settings in the Logitech profiler (or the device settings if you dont use it) to 0% [damper and spring effect], and disable the center spring and make sure to allow the game to change the settings.

I also found a lot of things annoying.

1. You need a handbrake, unless you can make your own makeshift handbrake you're screwed here because there aren't any wheels that come with handbrakes, I tried using the clutch pedal as the handbrake and it screwed me for the clutch and was weird. But you really do need one.

Thats something that should be pretty expected with a rally game, a lot of people use shifters they arent using, but theres plenty of cheap ways to make them if you also want to use the shifter for..shifting. Getting a handbrake lever from a scrapyard and putting a microswitch so its activated and wire it into a gamepad (or the O button on the G27 shifter, so you can also use it for GT5, if you wanted.) I have a crappy one made out of a broken flashlight and a springed clamp from a cheap car-fan. Really anything with a pivot and a spring with a switch (just google DIY handbrake and you'll get tons of cheap ideas.)

Also, RBR supports analog handbrakes, so just getting a cheap joystick and using it as a handbrake is an option. So either way, $5-20 and you can get a handbrake.

2. You cant change down gear when you want, you have to be in the right speed range before it will change and it isnt very lenient so often enough downshifts won't happen because the revs are tiny bit off, I find this annoying as hell as I use the gear changes to affect the way the car handles but this doesn't allow you to do it, so half the time I drive expecting something to happen as if I was in (for example) 2nd gear, but I'm in 3rd and I get understeer city. I've seen people using H-shifters, but there is no option in the game for this, nor can I find one in the 2011 mod so I was using flappy paddles.

People have already mentioned the H-shifter mod, it works really well, and also doesnt interfere with sequential shifting (so you dont have to remap when you want to change)

As for the other thing, In RBR's options, go to Gears > turn off the safety thing, then you can downshift whenever (if you have damage on, you can damage the transmission, but I dont so it got rid of an annoyance.)

3. Driving views are all terrible, the outside (bumper cam) view is a little off and I found myself hitting things because the edges are not what they might seem compared to other games. I found the incar views to be almost unusable, no bonnet view with the 2011 mod cars.

I just always drive in cockpit cam, and find the default view generally good (on the included cars at least) because my wheel sits right near my monitor. To get better views you can use camhack, but thats kind of annoying and you have to enable it every time you start the game and switch to the saved views. I generally just edit the setting ini for the car to get the right view. (for example \RBR\Cars\subaru1\subaru1.ini, find Cam Internal, the Pos part changes where the camera is [1st one goes left/right, 2nd one up/down, the last one with the negative number is forward/backward]) its a bit of a kludge, but you only have to do it once per car.

Last edited:
Update 06 for RSRBR 2012 was released today.

New cars and tracks:
- Hyundai Coupé Kit Car Evo2 (A7K_2) by Jalonso
- New track Swiss (Gravel & Tarmac) by Miro Kurek
- New track Akagi Mountain by Eno72

Fixes:
- Correction in physics for :
Pack R3 :
- DS3 R3T

As usual, you must reinstall the A7K_2 car pack after updating.

Was behind on update 5 and 6. All installed, need to fire up again. Love this game. Using the TH8RS as an ebrake with my fanatec sequential shifter is boat loads of fun.

Love it.

I've wanted this game for ages.....but I have no room on my PC due to rFactor 1 and 2, and Kart Racing Pro. Looks amazing as always though.

i'm so glad i found this, i just got a new wheel finally with FFB, the DFGT. i've not had any luck getting the FFB to work on RBR but its only a mater of time!! love this game, now to get these mods installed!!

i'm so glad i found this, i just got a new wheel finally with FFB, the DFGT. i've not had any luck getting the FFB to work on RBR but its only a mater of time!! love this game, now to get these mods installed!!

Did you delete the PCInput.ini file inside the RBR directory? (also, did you make sure to install it to somewhere other than Program Files [or program files x86 if on 64bit?] if you have vista/7?)

And make sure to install both updates (or install RSRBR 2012, as it includes the updates)?

Did you delete the PCInput.ini file inside the RBR directory? (also, did you make sure to install it to somewhere other than Program Files [or program files x86 if on 64bit?] if you have vista/7?)

And make sure to install both updates (or install RSRBR 2012, as it includes the updates)?

i've not downloaded the 2012 yet, as i was hoping to figure out the FFB issues first, is that related to the ini file?

thanks for the tips, and yes i install my games somewhere special
ps- running vista 64

I believe so, the FFB doesnt work right in Vista/7 with that file, so you just delete it, theres also another value you need to change in the RichardBurnsRally.ini

Delete the line "ConstantForceMultiplier = -60"

(also while youre in that file, you can set your resolution, if its beyond what you can normally do in the game. ie, if its widescreen.)

2012 wouldn't install i get some error, couldn't find folder? odd do i need to install all the previous updates first?

i think i figured it out, 2012, then updates 1-6, i thought 6 was updated from 2011

still no FFB or is that taken care of after 2012 is installed?

Last edited:
From looking around, some people say they dont get FFB until they install both patches (both those patches are included in RSRBR 2012.)

You don't install the old RSRBRs before the current one (in fact, you're supposed to uninstall them and RBR completely when going from one year's to the next.)
Basically, its install RBR (then delete pcinput.ini, make changes in RichardBurnsRally.ini, go into RBR and make MULLIGATAWNY profile) > RSRBR > Car Packs > Track Packs > Updates (one at a time) > Re-install whatever car packs the updates tell you to.

When you're installing RSRBR, are you making sure to point it to where you installed RBR? (by default I think it looks for it in C:\Richard Burns Rally, and if its installed somewhere else and you didn't change that, then thats probably why you got the error)

Back