RIDE 3

• Thread starter DarthMosco
  • 912 comments
Brands looks bang on, another photogrammetry win! Very excited for all the other real-world tracks now.

It's drone-scanned to place the SFM origins, so it's a bit of both. But damn it looks good. Might have to buy this, my only worry is that I've yet to find a bike 'sim' that gives a proper feel of momentum down the vertical axis in hard turns.

The trophy list has been unveiled https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8309-ride-3 and the circuits that will be included in the game.
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Vallelunga
Autodromo di Franciacorta
Autódromo Internacional do Algarve
Billown Circuit of Southern 100
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Castelletto Circuit
Daytona International Speedway
Donington Park
Garda Lake
Imatra
Macau
Nevers Magny-Cours
North West 200
Nürburgring GP-Strecke
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Okayama International Circuit
Oulton Park
Pista South Milano - Ottobiano
Road America
Sportsland SUGO
Tenerife
The Snake
Ulster GP
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
They are 27 circuits plus 3 drag tracks that don't know yet.

I just watched the PS Access video above ^^^ Thanks @John Wells 👍

Livery editor confirmed (great)
Night time racing with unreal lighting engine (great)
500+ bikes! (great)
New Career Mode Retro>Modern (great)
Photo Mode confirmed (great for still shots) but looks like (from the video) MotoGP18 + Gravel's photo mode with no shutter speed/blur in the settings on the wheels or road again :( @imported_rik19

I do try to use first person in Ride1+2 & MotoGP/Rosso games as you get a better sense of speed of the bike and can judge the corners. 3rd person (Chase cam) just looks too slow and wobbly again for me in this game even the chap in the video with the help assist riding line was wibbly wobbly and missing the turns. Especially after coming from TT IOM or Drive Club Bikes where everything feels 100mph.:P

I am glad they have moved to Unreal engine4, from what they said they started from scratch and built everything new on each game so this should have the same outstanding graphics of the bikes and amazing rain and wet roads as MotoGP18.

I've started playing Ride 2 for the first time, onboard view. I found it hard at first, especially how and when to apply the rear brake. But now I'm quite into it. I normally don't like bike games but it seems to have the, 'just one more race' affect on me. I'm keenly watching Ride 3, although it seems Ride 2's career is as big as SLRE so I can see myself playing it for ages.

@imported_rik19 You must have great eye site as 30FPS does not bother me too much and I sit quite close to a 55" 4K HDR TV! Maybe I have grown up with old videos&films,DVDs and TV's up until recently used to run at 24FPS and I find that ok. As long as it is locked and smooth it is fine for me. I find jumpy 60FPS worse as it seems to drop frames and they are much more noticeable ! :ill: 👍

@John Wells Yep the Bike list looks fantastic! (I just hope they are not all locked or DLC!)

I was going to say I will wait for this but I know too well after watching more videos nearer the End of November I will pre-order it! :P

Cool details in the game, but still no shutter speed in photomode?

Yep I hope they add this option but from pausing the latest videos I can not see it again. :nervous: It's a shame as it really transforms a photo seeing the road and wheels move at 80mph rather than totally still. I have asked a few questions direct on twitter over the years to them but never get a reply or response from any one at milestone about it so given up asking.

Yep I hope they add this option but from pausing the latest videos I can not see it again. :nervous: It's a shame as it really transforms a photo seeing the road and wheels move at 80mph rather than totally still. I have asked a few questions direct on twitter over the years to them but never get a reply or response from any one at milestone about it so given up asking.
It's such a mind-boggling omission. They haven't bothered to include it during last-gen and seeing that trend continue during this gen, you can bet money on the fact that the photo mode is going to ''suck'' again.

I can't believe people are so worried about photo mode.... My thing with the game is the bike list looks like 1 and 2.. I want the 70's sport bikes and the 80's super bikes(Z1000,CB1000-GPz1000,Seca turbo............) It would be fun to have more variety in the game with HD VRod,Sportster,Gold wing,Cruisers, tourers, BSA,Norton and Moto GP Bikes..

Just did a bit of an analysis

30 locations as opposed to 27 in Ride 2.

16 new tracks, 5 of which I think are fictional (F)

Garda Lake (F)
Imatra
Airport (F)
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Daytona
Laguna Seca
Okayama
Milano
Oulton Park
Algarve
Route 66 (F)
Salt Flats
Southern 100
Tenerife (F?)
The Snake(F)

Not sure about Tenerife. There is an F1 track there, but the picture on the website looks like an ordinary road.

All of the old fictional tracks dropped, plus three real-life tracks, Ottobianni, Almeria, and Portrero.

Overall very interesting. I wasn't that mad about the old fictional tracks. But will miss Portrero. Thankfully the Nordschliefe, Ulster, and NW 200 made the cut. Very glad they have added three classic British tracks and the Southern 100. Don't care much for Laguna or Daytona.

Just did a bit of an analysis

30 locations as opposed to 27 in Ride 2.

16 new tracks, 5 of which I think are fictional (F)

Garda Lake (F)
Imatra
Airport (F)
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Daytona
Laguna Seca
Okayama
Milano
Oulton Park
Algarve
Route 66 (F)
Salt Flats
Southern 100
Tenerife (F?)
The Snake(F)

Not sure about Tenerife. There is an F1 track there, but the picture on the website looks like an ordinary road.

All of the old fictional tracks dropped, plus three real-life tracks, Ottobianni, Almeria, and Portrero.

Overall very interesting. I wasn't that mad about the old fictional tracks. But will miss Portrero. Thankfully the Nordschliefe, Ulster, and NW 200 made the cut. Very glad they have added three classic British tracks and the Southern 100. Don't care much for Laguna or Daytona.
Lake Garda is an actual road they have mapped:

As I believe Snake is as well.

Back