Ride Height question

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTO_VR4
  • 12 comments
  • 531 views
Messages
1,107
United States
Earth
If the vehicle is lowered to the max and when you turn, does the wheel well rub against the tire? or does the body kit scrap the floor?
 
Not always. If it is already very low (GT-One Race Car) it would. But if it was a Viper or Impreza and you lowered it all the way it wouldnt...
 
I notice my RUF CTR doesnt turn very well, i was thinking it was the wheel rubbing up against the wheel well..
 
**smacks forehead**

should of known that :P
 
You can tell by the behaviour of the car if it is lowered too far. On some cars you can see sparks during the replays. Even if you can't, if the car is unsettled too much by bumps and curbs, it's probably lowered too far. I like to run most cars about 1/8 of the way over from the left (lower) side of the slider.
 
If see the wheel appear throw the wheelarc in replays but haven't had problems with the handleing.
 
If you loose control right right after the first tunnel on Trial Mountain you are too low.
 
If you lower the ride height you have to stiffen the spring rate because the sparks that you see is the suspension is bottoming-out. If you decrease the height you increase downforce but loose some top-end speed, if you increase the height the air flows under the car faster dereasing downforce increasing speed. Watch a real GT or Sportscar race and you'll see it's normal to see some sparks from the titanium plate . If the car have sparks flying out all the time then obviously it's draging on the track.
 
Originally posted by freerider
If the car have sparks flying out all the time then obviously it's draging on the track.

Like my 787B on the test course... :lol:
 
I finds the Focus with the height very low is way tp nice and with some nice rims it's best :) But still it's a rally car and i find rally sucks..
 
I have a confession. When I first got GT3, I lowered most of the cars I had. I didnt realize how bad the handling was because it is my first racing game.

Now I usually set the rear height to the first marker from the left, and the front height 5mm lower. Springs are usually around 11.0 to 14.0.
 
Back