Ridiculously overpriced used cars

At first I thought this was a typo with an extra 0. But...I guess not. A 1995 850Csi with 30k miles for $229,000....

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-bmw-850csi-6-speed-30k/6296405671.html

I think 8-Series WILL be collectable, but they haven't appreciated that much yet. Especially with 30k miles.

There's a 850CSi for sale on Autotrader here for £55k. Its done 71k miles, but still, it's not like 30k miles is particularly low. This is one of only 160 RHDs made too.

Would you pay $90k for a Vanagon?

00b0b_g722TfT92KC_1200x900.jpg

This car is for sale in my home state as well:

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-vw-syncro-camper-vanagon/6305034554.html

SVX
@-Fred-, have R32 prices in Canada gone up since they were able to be imported in the States? Over here they've been able to since the nineties, but when they became US eligible, $15k NZD R32s quickly went up to $25k+

Good bye, my 2nd dream car.

9k at most, I don't think even the supercharged ones get above 10. Shoot, I'd give him 5k.
Anyone with low mileage 80s sports cars think they're worth their weight in gold. As an owner of the other mass produced mid-engined 80s car, I see it all the time. Do these people forget that they really weren't all that good to begin with?

I love 80s cars because of what they were, not what they are..... junk:lol:

Everyone sees so much investment potential in them already. Even a classic American car dealer had one for sale. Looked soooo out of place. Marylanders may be familiar with the place located on Ritchie Highway.

Everyone sees so much investment potential in them already. Even a classic American car dealer had one for sale. Looked soooo out of place. Marylanders may be familiar with the place located on Ritchie Highway.

Are they only on limited release in the states or is it just because they're slow on importing them?

Are they only on limited release in the states or is it just because they're slow on importing them?
I think it's most likely Honda handing out only a certain number of allocations to handpicked dealers (similar to the Dodge Demon, Shelby GT350R, and limited-edition Porsches).

I think it’s been in this thread before. They said it’s been sold in the last couple weeks, so someone was ready to pay that fee.

I think it’s been in this thread before. They said it’s been sold in the last couple weeks, so someone was ready to pay that fee.
Just checked, it's never been the posted in here before. However, there was an overpriced E30 M3 and 8-Series from the same exact dealership in this thread, so maybe you've thought of that.

Just checked, it's never been the posted in here before. However, there was an overpriced E30 M3 and 8-Series from the same exact dealership in this thread, so maybe you've thought of that.
@RocZX had it. I remember seeing it posted and a short discussion, but had the wrong thread.

My bad. :)

EAG is pretty notorious within the M car communities for pricing their car in the very very top end of the range, deserved or not.

The Hellcat went through the same insane markups. It'll eventually sit until they're forced to knock off the mark up.
EAG is pretty notorious within the M car communities for pricing their car in the very very top end of the range, deserved or not.
I'm curious how long til' everything they sell has a "Call for Price". Fair enough they do showcase a lot of mint/desirable/rare examples, but when I last considered a car they had a couple years ago, they offered a decent selection of cars under $40,000. Now, that's about what you'll need on hand just to shop the rest of their inventory.

Latest Posts

Back