RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
You're right it's a great video and it's so nice to see the similarity with the real life. đź‘Ť

The replica is slightly quicker in straight line, but its best I can do :)

Hey Ridox,
Have you ever though about the sound of your cars? Because personally, the semi-racing exhaust on the Z-28 replica sounds awful, and nothing like the real thing. I know that the engine sounds in GT6 are terrible and the transmission whine almost completly covers it, but I just cant stand that sound. I did some adjusting of the parts on the replica and I think that the stock exhaust sounds most like the Z-28. I switched your semi-racing exhaust with the Isometric Exhaust manifold and changed the limiter to 98.5%. I only gained 0.4 of a Lb-ft of torque, so it performs exactly the same. I have done this to a few of your replicas that just didnt sound right, would you think of adding this to your process? Or as an alternate setup?

Did you get 7000RPM red line with stock exhaust ? The Z/28 redline at 7000RPM, and it's the combo of parts that yield closest to 481 torque, which is why I chose semi racing, beside the louder sound. Did you manage to get the gearing with stock exhaust ? Lower RPM limit will alter gearing, and some adjustments needed. The sound is often a compromise, while I also wanted better sound ( authentic ), I also need to consider torque number, redline limit and sometimes gearing. Will check the stock exhaust.

Ok no problem :cheers: I'm getting used to driving without TC and no aids I took a break from GT for awhile thanks for the Camaro '14 Z/28 tune it's :crazy: on Nurburgring Nordschliefe but fun :D I hit 178 mph on the main straight at the ring 3.910 final :P

GM claimed at least 180 mph top speed, Top Gear UK said it has 190mph top speed :eek:

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 2014/2015
Tuned to replicate Camaro Z/28
Randy Pobst Lap Record at Laguna Seca
MotorTrend Best Driver's Car November 2014 Champion
Sports Hard / Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R

CAR : Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Tire : Sports Hard

Specs - No Fuel Weight + STOCK EXHAUST
More Accurate Sound ( RECOMMENDED )

Horsepower: 505 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 481.5 ft-lb at 4800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.6%
Weight: 1700 kg
Ballast : 189 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 525

Specs - No Fuel Weight Early Version
Semi Racing Exhaust

Horsepower: 505 HP at 6100 RPM
Torque : 481.1 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95.6%
Weight: 1700 kg
Ballast : 189 kg
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 525

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Aero Kits Type B
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A
Wheels : Standard Size ENKEI RP03 in Black or Dark Gray Matte
Car Paint : Black or Silver or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust ( ONLY FOR NO FUEL WEIGHT EARLY VERSION )
Isometric Exhaust Manifold ( ONLY WITH STOCK EXHAUST )
Intake Tuning
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Z/28 Special Suspension Pack ( Track Spec Springs / MultiMatic DSSV Spool Valve Damper )
RECOMMENDED
Personal Alignment + Visual Ride Height of MotorTrend Z/28

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 150 140
Spring Rate: 5.46 10.90
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 0.5
Toe Angle: 0.20 0.20

Alternative Lower Ride Height
Suspension - Z/28 Special Suspension Pack ( Track Spec Springs / MultiMatic DSSV Spool Valve Damper )
Personal Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 5.46 10.90
Dampers (Compression): 5 5
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 0.5
Toe Angle: 0.20 0.20

Alternative Street Alignment
Camber Angle: 0.9 0.7
Toe Angle: 0.17 0.17

Alternative Street/Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.4 0.9
Toe Angle: 0.17 0.17

Alternative Aggressive Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 2.2 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.17 0.33

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Tremec TR6060 Close Ratio
OPTIONAL CORRECTED FINAL FOR 19" WHEEL - RECOMMENDED
Stock Exhaust + Isometric Exhaust Manifold Version

Set Default
Set Final to 3.910
Set Auto Max Speed at 400kmh / 249mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.740
6th 0.500
Set Final : 4.210 ( Adjusted Final to account for real life 19" wheel )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Tremec TR6060 Close Ratio 3.910 Final
Stock Exhaust + Isometric Exhaust Manifold Version

Set Default
Set Final to 3.910
Set Auto Max Speed at 400kmh / 249mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.740
6th 0.500
Set Final : 3.910

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Tremec TR6060 Close Ratio 3.910 Final
Semi Racing Exhaust Version

Set Default
Set Final to 3.910
Set Auto Max Speed at 410kmh / 255mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.740
6th 0.500
Set Final : 3.910

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Tremec TR6060 Close Ratio
OPTIONAL CORRECTED FINAL FOR 19" WHEEL
Semi Racing Exhaust Version

Set Default
Set Final to 3.910
Set Auto Max Speed at 410kmh / 255mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.740
6th 0.500
Set Final : 4.210 ( Adjusted Final to account for real life 19" wheel )

LSD - Camaro Z/28 Custom Torsen LSD ( Zero Preload )
Initial Torque : 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 7

AERO
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 )

with 7/9 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 8/10 for example.

Notes :

We have ZL1 Camaro, and now an even meaner version arrived, the Camaro Z/28, a track bred racer in disguise for the street :) The Camaro Engineers went all out in tuning up the car, from power, chassis, driveline, tires and aero. It has only one speaker, A/C optional, no sound insulation, lightweight rear seats, thinner rear glass window and lighter engine. The wheels goes smaller in diameter size at 19" to get the car lowered, this also results in less rotating mass with lighter wheels.

Both front and rear use 305 tires / 11" wide wheel, a special tire only used on this car, super sticky Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tire, a street legal tire with 60 treadwear rating.

For power, the Camaro received a great transplant in the form of a hand built race engine LS7 V8 from C6 Z06 with 505HP on tap and just over 480lb ft torque. It may be not much, but power is not everything. Weight has been shaved a lot from the ZL1 version ( +4120lb ), with test curb weight at 3858lb / 1750kg, about 300lb difference. I have used no fuel weight for this replica. The Camaro Z/28 has 19 US gallon fuel tank, that will be 72 liters of fuel and about 50kg weight. The weight of this replica is at 1700kg, with 53/47 distribution of the real car replicated. It's a compromise as the full curb weight can't be achieved with 53/47 distribution.

Suspension received entensive improvements, the front springs are 85% stiffer, while the rear springs are 65% stiffer than from SS springs. This equates to approximately 305.3lb/in or 5.46kg/mm for the front spring and 610.5lb/in or 10.90kg/mm rear spring. With stiffer springs, the anti roll bars are now smaller. The damper/ shocks also has been revolutionized with exclusive MultiMatic DSSV Spool Valves as used in F1, this offers exceptional damping over high and low speed. I have tuned the damper at medium stiffness to over damping, while ARB at medium to give less resistance and work with the springs better. For the alignment, I have adapted Pfadt Race Engineering Recommended Track Setup, the setup uses front/rear toe in, good amount of camber front.

For transmission, the real car uses Tremec TR6060 Close Ratio, the same ratio used on the 1LE. The gearing for this replica comes in 2 setup, one with 3.910 final as in real car, and another one with 4.210 ( adjusted final to account for 19" wheel of the real car ). The Camaro SS in GT6 comes with 20" wheel, so a higher final included to reach same max speed on each gear when 19" wheel installed ( Z/28 ).

The Z/28 uses specific build rear torsen LSD with zero preload and good amount of locking action. This is in contrast to SS and ZL1 which uses spring-loaded clutch based LSD. The design choice it to give the Z/28 very rapid turn in to hit the apex consistently, while on power out from low speed, the rear will lock, and with the 481 torque, the rear can break loose with heavy foot. The LSD also offers good balance between low speed lock up and less lock / more open on high speed range. To achieve this character, I used very low preload and medium lock, the LSD setup in GT6 gives nice balance on SH tire.

The Z/28 also received aero upgrades, from front splitter, rocker panel mouldings, rear diffuser, small rear wing and small front & rear fender lips. The Camaro SS produces 200 pound of lift at 150mph, this aero package gives some downforce at the rear to improve stability. There is also an optional Gurney Flap for the rear wing that will add more downforce. The aero package of Z/28 produces 150 pound of force at high speed.

The tire of 1LE and Zl1, Eagle F1 Supercar GII was predictable and progressive, the very high grip Pirelli Trofeo R on the other hand will be more sudden when loses traction. The Tire in GT6 is Sports Hard, the SH tire achieved similar peak cornering G's when driven at the same track as the MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2014 : Laguna Seca.

The Camaro Z/28 won the 2014 MotorTrend Best Driver's Car, Randy Pobst, the test driver, did a great lap at Laguna Seca, posting 1:37.82. Here is a quote of what Randy has to say about the Z/28 at Laguna Seca :

I have included the lap time data, with peak G's and highest speed before braking as well as a video of the run. A replay of my run with the replica also provided, and both can be compared against the video below.

Check out the peak G's throughout the track, also particularly the last half of the track ( after corkscrew ) and top speed on each braking points. My time was 1:36.821, 00.999 quicker :eek:, this of course because a few mph difference in top speed on some braking points. The peak G's are almost dead on on most corners, the highest peak G's of the real lap is 1.72 also replicated. Watch the Youtube video and replay together :) I'm sure with more laps, Mr. Randy Pobst would also be in 1:36s :P

Personally, in my opinion, the Z28 tire in GT6 should be somewhere in between Comfort Soft and Sports Hard, but that's not possible.
The replay of my lap was done on 3.910 Final + Lower Ride Height + Semi Racing Exhaust, a must watch to appreciate how close the replica in terms of performance :)

For even closer experience, highly recommended to use stock exhaust, 4.210 Final for stock exhaust ( 400kmh/249mph max speed on transmission setup ), and Visual Ride Height Suspension Personal Alignment.

ENJOY :cheers:

UPDATE : Thanks to @ColinH96, Added Stock Exhaust version as base ( recommended ) - Isometric Exhaust Manifold must be installed. Added 2 sets of transmission for stock exhaust, highly recommend the 4.210 Final and Visual Ride Height Suspension to be as authentic as possible to the real car. Shift point speed on each gear should closer to the video as well.

Replica has been updated, managed some few minutes of play time to check on the exhaust, massive thanks to @ColinH96 for the suggestions, added the stock exhaust setup as main/base setting + stock exhaust transmission and recommended the visual ride height suspension as base. Will update the Porsche 996 GT4 later, within a day.

Well hello mister Ridox2JzGTE, if you could possible give me a little of your time and knowledge on the subject of Replica Cars I would be much obliged.

As you know I'm trying to make a 2CV race replica, I have this little problem, at Silverstone National the best time was
1:27.390 , I'm at the limit of 45 HP, I've brought up the wight to 530kg, and I've have comfort mediums on, but my top speed is 63 mph and the leaders average at 66mph, this is with the stock transmission ( 4 speed as per rule:embarrassed:), would it be ok to put in a 6 speed transmission to match their speed/times ? Also their is no mention about MLSD:mad:, can I tune this also? I've included the the qualifying and race times, the team to look at is Cowling/Bousfield:tup:
Picture 4.png Picture 5.png
Thanks again my friend. :cheers:

Well hello mister Ridox2JzGTE, if you could possible give me a little of your time and knowledge on the subject of Replica Cars I would be much obliged.

As you know I'm trying to make a 2CV race replica, I have this little problem, at Silverstone National the best time was
1:27.390 , I'm at the limit of 45 HP, I've brought up the wight to 530kg, and I've have comfort mediums on, but my top speed is 63 mph and the leaders average at 66mph, this is with the stock transmission ( 4 speed as per rule:embarrassed:), would it be ok to put in a 6 speed transmission to match their speed/times ? Also their is no mention about MLSD:mad:, can I tune this also? I've included the the qualifying and race times, the team to look at is Cowling/Bousfield:tup:
View attachment 236679 View attachment 236680
Thanks again my friend. :cheers:

Using custom transmission should be okay, just render the 5th and 6th useless ( very long or very short :lol: )

Here is a little detail from 2014 Rule Book :

" 1 –28/01/2014 - Issued by BARC - 2CV PARTS.com Championship
Transmissions:
The transmission (i.e. clutch, gearbox, drive shafts) must be housed (in the case of clutch and gear train) within a standard
Citroen alloy gearbox and bell housing mounted behind the engine in the manufacturer's intended position. There shall be
four forward and one reverse gear, all of which shall be in a fully operable condition. Only the use of 2CV6 gearboxes is
permitted as detailed in 3 below.

Permitted Modifications
It is permissible to extend the gear change lever to allow 4th and reverse gears to be engaged whilst strapped in the driving
position.
The gear change must remain in the manufacturers intended position.
The two slots in the rear gearbox mounting may be closed (e.g. with welded washers).
The gear train from a drum braked gearbox may be transferred to a disc braked gearbox, provided that the gear train
complies with 3 below.
It is permissible to strengthen the gear change linkage and substitute an alternative assembly for the standard rubber
bushes, this must be mounted in the manufacturers original and unmodified position.

Prohibited Modifications
It is not permissible to intermix ratios.

Transmission and Drive Ratios
1st 5.202 (19/25 X 14/31 X 14/25 = 0.0465)
2nd 2.656 (19/25 X 23/26 X 14/25 = 0.3764)
3rd 1.785 ( 14/25 = 0.5600)
4th 1.315 (19/25 = 0.7600)
Rev as first gear Final Drive 4.125 (8/33)

For Ride Height :

Ground Clearance must comply with the requirements of the MSA Yearbook. For the purposes of this regulation the shock
absorbers and exhaust are considered to be part of the car and are subject to the same ground clearance (40 mm
minimum)

For Weight :

Cars shall have a minimum weight of 655kg, inclusive of driver at all times during and at completion of practice and racing.

I think the rear differential should stay stock ( open diff ), as gearbox are mandated to be stock 2CV6 type. There are aftermarket LSD for 2CV, but I can't find infos if they can be used in the race.

BMW Motorsport E92 M3 GT4 Replica
Tuned to replicate BMW E92 M3 GT4
Based on M3 Coupe Chrome Line
Sports Soft

CAR : BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line
Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 420 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque : 314.7 ft-lb at 5200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 87.9%
Weight: 1380 kg
Ballast : 4 kg
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 507

Specs - BOP SRO 2009 EURO + DUTCH GT 7% Minimum Power Reduction
Horsepower: 390 HP at 7100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 81.7%
Performance Points: 498

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real M3 GT4 are seam welded and has weld in cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type D
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Large Type F
Height -2 and Width -17
Wheels : Standard Size BBS RE-MG in Silver
Car Paint : Mineral White ( from BMW M4 Coupe ) or any solid white.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Triple Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3

Suspension - BMW MotorSport Coilover ( Eibach/Bilstein )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 65 80
Spring Rate: 12.06 15.18
Dampers (Compression): 7 4
Dampers (Extension): 8 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 3.2 1.6
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.08

LSD - 2 Way BMW MotorSport Lamella LSD
Initial Torque : 24
Braking Sensitivity: 30

OPTIONAL 1.5 Way Setup ( better turn in )
Braking Sensitivity: 13

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - E92 M3 H Pattern 6 Speed with 4.44 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Set Auto Max Speed at 349kmh / 217mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final 4.440

AERO

Brake Balance:
4/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :

The BMW M3 GT4 is one of the competitor in European GT4 Cup. The car is very competitive for it's price range and has full support from BMW Motorsport division.

The replica is set at 420HP / 1380kg base setup. The 2009 BOP figure has also been included at 390HP. After 2010, the BOP power has been set at 420HP.

Suspension has been setup to replicate real life ride height, with springs aimed to counter the effect of lower front. This offers good balance in handling, very stable, but might need some trail braking to get the most of the car.

LSD is 2 way, with medium preload, and optional 1.5 way also included. The 1.5 way offers better turn in response. Gearing is based on stock 6 speed, still uses H pattern and the final has been changed to 4.44 for better performance.

The BMW M3 GT4 was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Willow Springs, Silverstone GP and Red Bull Ring. At Silverstone GP, it can lap in 2:13s range on 1st lap :D

View attachment 234510 View attachment 234511 View attachment 234512

Used:

• Specs - BOP SRO 2009 EURO + DUTCH GT 7% Minimum Power Reduction
  • LSD - 2 Way BMW MotorSport Lamella LSD

Spa 500PP Rainmasters Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

First of all, sorry for the long absence @Ridox2JZGTE... It's good to be back...

What a replica Mr. R! :D Great car. I was a bit skeptical with the LSD (high values) but the car shouted "DONE!!" :P
With 100% downpour it did great, very stable and fast. But when the track started to dry, that moment the car changed and became a proper GT4. Huge grip and stability... đź‘Ť

A great job my friend! :cheers:

Last edited:
Sports Soft

Specs
Power Limiter at : 87.9%
Performance Points: 507

Power Limiter at : 81.7%
Performance Points: 498

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real M3 GT4 are seam welded and has weld in cage.
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Large Type F
Height -2 and Width -17

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Triple Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final 4.440

AERO

Brake Balance:
4/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :

The BMW M3 GT4 is one of the competitor in European GT4 Cup. The car is very competitive for it's price range and has full support from BMW Motorsport division.

The replica is set at 420HP / 1380kg base setup. The 2009 BOP figure has also been included at 390HP. After 2010, the BOP power has been set at 420HP.

Suspension has been setup to replicate real life ride height, with springs aimed to counter the effect of lower front. This offers good balance in handling, very stable, but might need some trail braking to get the most of the car.

LSD is 2 way, with medium preload, and optional 1.5 way also included. The 1.5 way offers better turn in response. Gearing is based on stock 6 speed, still uses H pattern and the final has been changed to 4.44 for better performance.

The BMW M3 GT4 was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Willow Springs, Silverstone GP and Red Bull Ring. At Silverstone GP, it can lap in 2:13s range on 1st lap :D

I get only 502PP/406BHP. :mischievous:

Used:

• Specs - BOP SRO 2009 EURO + DUTCH GT 7% Minimum Power Reduction
  • LSD - 2 Way BMW MotorSport Lamella LSD

Spa 500PP Rainmasters Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

View attachment 236715

First of all, sorry for the long absence @Ridox2JZGTE... It's good to be back...

What a replica Mr. R! :D Great car. I was a bit skeptical with the LSD (high values) but the car shouted "DONE!!" :P
With 100% downpour it did great, very stable and fast. But when the track started to dry, that moment the car changed and became a proper GT4. Huge grip and stability... đź‘Ť

A great job my friend! :cheers:

Thank you, no worries, mate, life must have been busy :)

I get only 502PP/406BHP. :mischievous:

Which power setup is it ? BOP Reduction 390HP ? I've oil changed my car :grumpy: :lol:.

I have been testing the Porsche 996 GT4, the details of the specs were sketchy, so I have to use GT3 996 power as base line, and use best lap time at Spa as reference and weight from SRO GT4 BOP for 997 Porsche. Even with 1400+kg, the Porsche 996 / RUF RGT is damn fast, at less then 400HP, it beaten 2:36s at Spa :eek:

The Porsche 996 / Ruf RGT was not supposed to be published as I felt the car is a bit on the wild side and tricky to drive on the limit. A friend of mine, asked for a tune with 500PP limit on the RGT. He tried a certain 500PP tune from here, done by the most famous tuner ( what he said :lol: ). He also said the car was weird for a RR layout, floaty with rear hanging, like a soap box on sticky tire when turning and drive like an FR car with engine at the rear :lol: I can't even imagine what he's saying, too vague / weird to drive a RR car like that.

So, I gave him the replica tune, and he said the car drive like an old school RR, but fun and more involving, the RR DNA is there, controlled pendulum effect, stable turn in, massive rear grip on exit and responsive steering even at low speed, but can still punish the driver when the rear pushed too far.

I hope the Porsche 996 GT4 will not be a nightmare :scared: It did 2:14s flat at Silverstone GP and 2:34s at Spa, both were not really a good clean lap :D

Thank you, no worries, mate, life must have been busy :)

Which power setup is it ? BOP Reduction 390HP ? I've oil changed my car :grumpy: :lol:.

I have been testing the Porsche 996 GT4, the details of the specs were sketchy, so I have to use GT3 996 power as base line, and use best lap time at Spa as reference and weight from SRO GT4 BOP for 997 Porsche. Even with 1400+kg, the Porsche 996 / RUF RGT is damn fast, at less then 400HP, it beaten 2:36s at Spa :eek:

The Porsche 996 / Ruf RGT was not supposed to be published as I felt the car is a bit on the wild side and tricky to drive on the limit. A friend of mine, asked for a tune with 500PP limit on the RGT. He tried a certain 500PP tune from here, done by the most famous tuner ( what he said :lol: ). He also said the car was weird for a RR layout, floaty with rear hanging, like a soap box on sticky tire when turning and drive like an FR car with engine at the rear :lol: I can't even imagine what he's saying, too vague / weird to drive a RR car like that.

So, I gave him the replica tune, and he said the car drive like an old school RR, but fun and more involving, the RR DNA is there, controlled pendulum effect, stable turn in, massive rear grip on exit and responsive steering even at low speed, but can still punish the driver when the rear pushed too far.

I hope the Porsche 996 GT4 will not be a nightmare :scared: It did 2:14s flat at Silverstone GP and 2:34s at Spa, both were not really a good clean lap :D
So I should change the oil? You'll correct the tuning description? :confused: :P ;)

Hey here is my tune,can you help me with suspension and LSD ? I tried CM tires and it won't hold corners any help would be appreciated :) handling is +1 and no aids ABS 1 on a DS3

2012 Camaro ZL1
539pp
580hp/556lb-ft
1868kg 51/49 Weight Distribution
1526508_440918719369301_442853008_n.jpg

Buy a Camaro SS '10 Color is Blue Mica from TRD Celica as Blue Ray Metallic new for 2013
Aero Type A/Custom Wing Type A/Rims Enkei RP05 in Silver or Rays Volk Trinity V in Black/ Improve Body Rigidity
Tires Sports Medium
FC Suspension / Brakes
130 / 127 / 6 / 4
5.10 / 7.50
6 / 6
5 / 5
3 / 3
0.6 / 0.6
0.00 / 0.18
FC Transmission
Max Speed 249
1 : 2.660
2 :1.780
3 :1.300
4 :1.000
5 : 0.800
6 : 0.630
Final 3.730

Set final to 3.730 then max speed 249 then set gearing

LSD / Twin Plate Clutch
7 / Carbon Drive Shaft

Power Limiter 97.7
Engine Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust / Supercharger
C.Converter Sports
Downforce 20
Ballast 198kg / Carbon Hood Body Color
Ballast Position -29 / Window Weight Reduction

Hey here is my tune,can you help me with suspension and LSD ? I tried CM tires and it won't hold corners any help would be appreciated :) handling is +1 and no aids ABS 1 on a DS3

2012 Camaro ZL1
539pp
580hp/556lb-ft
1868kg 51/49 Weight Distribution
1526508_440918719369301_442853008_n.jpg

Buy a Camaro SS '10 Color is Blue Mica from TRD Celica as Blue Ray Metallic new for 2013
Aero Type A/Custom Wing Type A/Rims Enkei RP05 in Silver or Rays Volk Trinity V in Black/ Improve Body Rigidity
Tires Sports Medium
FC Suspension / Brakes
130 / 127 / 6 / 4
5.10 / 7.50
6 / 6
5 / 5
3 / 3
0.6 / 0.6
0.00 / 0.18
FC Transmission
Max Speed 249
1 : 2.660
2 :1.780
3 :1.300
4 :1.000
5 : 0.800
6 : 0.630
Final 3.730

Set final to 3.730 then max speed 249 then set gearing

LSD / Twin Plate Clutch
7 / Carbon Drive Shaft

Power Limiter 97.7
Engine Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust / Supercharger
C.Converter Sports
Downforce 20
Ballast 198kg / Carbon Hood Body Color
Ballast Position -29 / Window Weight Reduction

The car doesn't need body rigidity as it's a street car, the chassis is stiffer with rigidity installed, if the damper below is too stiff, reduce all by 1.
Keep the front spring rate 5.10, but increase rear to 12.81.
7 / 6
8 / 6
5 / 4
1.6 / 0.9
0.17 / 0.33

LSD, try use Z/28 LSD, but with higher preload : 18/30/7, if you find the car push on mid to exit, reduce accel to 27 or 24.

Using custom transmission should be okay, just render the 5th and 6th useless ( very long or very short :lol: )

Here is a little detail from 2014 Rule Book :

" 1 –28/01/2014 - Issued by BARC - 2CV PARTS.com Championship
Transmissions:
The transmission (i.e. clutch, gearbox, drive shafts) must be housed (in the case of clutch and gear train) within a standard
Citroen alloy gearbox and bell housing mounted behind the engine in the manufacturer's intended position. There shall be
four forward and one reverse gear, all of which shall be in a fully operable condition. Only the use of 2CV6 gearboxes is
permitted as detailed in 3 below.

Permitted Modifications
It is permissible to extend the gear change lever to allow 4th and reverse gears to be engaged whilst strapped in the driving
position.
The gear change must remain in the manufacturers intended position.
The two slots in the rear gearbox mounting may be closed (e.g. with welded washers).
The gear train from a drum braked gearbox may be transferred to a disc braked gearbox, provided that the gear train
complies with 3 below.
It is permissible to strengthen the gear change linkage and substitute an alternative assembly for the standard rubber
bushes, this must be mounted in the manufacturers original and unmodified position.

Prohibited Modifications
It is not permissible to intermix ratios.

Transmission and Drive Ratios
1st 5.202 (19/25 X 14/31 X 14/25 = 0.0465)
2nd 2.656 (19/25 X 23/26 X 14/25 = 0.3764)
3rd 1.785 ( 14/25 = 0.5600)
4th 1.315 (19/25 = 0.7600)
Rev as first gear Final Drive 4.125 (8/33)

For Ride Height :

Ground Clearance must comply with the requirements of the MSA Yearbook. For the purposes of this regulation the shock
absorbers and exhaust are considered to be part of the car and are subject to the same ground clearance (40 mm
minimum)

For Weight :

Cars shall have a minimum weight of 655kg, inclusive of driver at all times during and at completion of practice and racing.

I think the rear differential should stay stock ( open diff ), as gearbox are mandated to be stock 2CV6 type. There are aftermarket LSD for 2CV, but I can't find infos if they can be used in the race.
Thanks, I missed that second page:embarrassed::dunce: with the rest of the technical information, funny thing, they mention 530kg max car weight , and 655kg max weight with driver, I guess my weight is now 125kg (275lbs), I don't think my girlfriend is going to like this:nervous:. One other little thing that confuses me, they say 40mm minimum height, from what I understand the lowest value I get in the suspension setting is 95 in., ( I guess that in. = inches ) , that gives me 2413mm:ouch: (if I didn't make a mistake that is :scared:), I guess I have no worries about breaking that rule:lol:. You want to know what I would really like for PD to put as an update, is a 3 or 4 or 5 speed fully adjustable gearbox, wouldn't that make your life a little easier, sure would make mine right now (maybe also a 13 speed gearbox for my schwimmwagen:cool:). I've reread the tech specs and I too can't find anything about adjustable MLSD, so mom's the word, will do with out it. Again thanks a thousand carburetors for your help, I'll probably try to finish this one next week, I've got a few reviews I want to do (guess who?:confused:)plus I'm going to put my Schwimmwagen, Sambabus, my other 2cv, and a Karmann Ghia on some serious drug tests, will try seeing the effect of the (M)LSD on these low powered cars and try to find a way of using the data logger to get some viable data for future tunings, take care of yourself and if you drive in the rain put your wipers on. :cheers:

SALEEN S281 EXTREME 2007

Tuned to Replicate Saleen S281E 2007
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 550 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque : 522.9 ft-lb at 5400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.1%
Weight: 1642 kg
Ballast : 192 kg
Ballast Position : 50
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44
Performance Points: 527

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Aero : Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : +1 Inch Up PDI P525 or ENKEI SC05 in Silver Chrome
Car Paint : Red or Yellow or White or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - SALEEN N2 RaceCraft Coilover with Live Rear Axle + Panhard Rod
Saleen Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 105 115
Spring Rate: 6.00 5.50
Dampers (Compression): 6 8
Dampers (Extension): 5 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 2
Camber Angle: 2.0 0.0 ( Front Camber : -1.0 on each side )
Toe Angle: -0.47 0.00 ( Front Toe Out/Negative from 1/32 to 1/8 on each side : -0.12, -0.23, -0.47 )

Suspension - SALEEN N2 RaceCraft Coilover with Live Rear Axle + Panhard Rod
Ford Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.8 0.0 ( Front Camber : -0.75 +- 0.75 )
Toe Angle: 0.10 0.00 ( Front Toe In 0.10 +- 0.20 )

Suspension - SALEEN N2 RaceCraft Coilover with Rear IRS Kit Control Freak Conversion
Track Alignment Low Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 2.0 0.5
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.08
--Optional Toe Angle : -0.47 0.08 ( Front Toe Out/Negative from 1/32 to 1/8 on each side : -0.12, -0.23, -0.47 and Rear Toe In : 0.08 - 0.24 )

Suspension - SALEEN N2 RaceCraft Coilover with Rear IRS Kit Control Freak Conversion
Track Alignment High Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 3.0 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.08
--Optional Toe Angle : -0.47 0.08 ( Front Toe Out/Negative from 1/32 to 1/8 on each side : -0.12, -0.23, -0.47 and Rear Toe In : 0.08 - 0.24 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - TREMEC T56 Close Ratio
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 390kmh / 242mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.970
2nd 2.070
3rd 1.430
4th 1.000
5th 0.840
6th 0.560
Set Final to 4.100

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - TREMEC TR6060 Close Ratio - OPTIONAL
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 390kmh / 242mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.660
2nd 1.780
3rd 1.300
4th 1.000
5th 0.800
6th 0.630
Set Final to 4.100

LSD - Saleen MAXGrip Speed Sensitive LSD
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 7

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/6, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 2 click higher at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.
Notes :

Saleen S281 has been sold for years in America :) This is 2007 model year S281E replica.

The Saleen S281E has 550HP power with 525 ft lb torque, the replica has been built as close as possible with 550HP/523ftlb. The real car weight is 1642kg or 3620lbs with 53/47 distribution, while in GT6 I can get the weight, but the distribution is at 56/44.

The S281E is equipped with N2 RaceCraft suspension upgrade from Saleen. With coilover springs + damper all around, but still retain the rear live axle with panhard rod. I have set the spring rate according to real life N2 RaceCraft spring rate, and tuned the damper + ARB to gives good balance. Several suspension alignment have also been provided. Try them all, and see which one fits you.

Gearing uses Tremec T56 in real life, a 6 close ratio speed manual with 4.1 final, the ratios are similar to the T56 used on Pontiac GTO and Holden Monaro. I have also included a 2nd set of ratio, Tremec TR6060 close ratio with better spread. The LSD is Saleen MaxGrip Speed Sensitive LSD, I tried to simulate the performance using lower preload and medium lock on acceleration + low lock on braking.

The Saleen S281E was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP and Nordschleife. At Tsukuba, it can lap an easy 1:05s on comfort soft.

View attachment 209626 View attachment 209628 View attachment 209629 View attachment 209630 View attachment 209631
Hey Ridox,
I just did the same sound modification to the Saleen because the Racing exhaust doesnt sound anything like the real Saleen Mustang.
My new tune has
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Stock Exhaust
Exhuast Manifold
Sports Cat.
Stock Intake
No Supercharger

Limiter at 99.2%

This torque is up by 4 lb-ft from your replica, but the sound is so much nicer.

The only other thing that I have done is go back to the stock transmission because you cant use the custom trans with the H-pattern on my G-27.

Thanks, I missed that second page:embarrassed::dunce: with the rest of the technical information, funny thing, they mention 530kg max car weight , and 655kg max weight with driver, I guess my weight is now 125kg (275lbs), I don't think my girlfriend is going to like this:nervous:. One other little thing that confuses me, they say 40mm minimum height, from what I understand the lowest value I get in the suspension setting is 95 in., ( I guess that in. = inches ) , that gives me 2413mm:ouch: (if I didn't make a mistake that is :scared:), I guess I have no worries about breaking that rule:lol:. You want to know what I would really like for PD to put as an update, is a 3 or 4 or 5 speed fully adjustable gearbox, wouldn't that make your life a little easier, sure would make mine right now (maybe also a 13 speed gearbox for my schwimmwagen:cool:). I've reread the tech specs and I too can't find anything about adjustable MLSD, so mom's the word, will do with out it. Again thanks a thousand carburetors for your help, I'll probably try to finish this one next week, I've got a few reviews I want to do (guess who?:confused:)plus I'm going to put my Schwimmwagen, Sambabus, my other 2cv, and a Karmann Ghia on some serious drug tests, will try seeing the effect of the (M)LSD on these low powered cars and try to find a way of using the data logger to get some viable data for future tunings, take care of yourself and if you drive in the rain put your wipers on. :cheers:

I think most 2CV will have more than 530kg minimum weight without driver, the 530kg figure was more likely example of what 2CV is capable of :

"With 35-45HP and a car weighing only 530Kg the cars can still do 90 mph."

Ride height in GT6 is ground clearance in mm :) I have built several replicas like Lexus ISF in which I used manual data, and the numbers are very closely matched ( in mm ). I'm still curious though, 40mm is very low :lol:

Hey Ridox,
I just did the same sound modification to the Saleen because the Racing exhaust doesnt sound anything like the real Saleen Mustang.
My new tune has
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Stock Exhaust
Exhuast Manifold
Sports Cat.
Stock Intake
No Supercharger

Limiter at 99.2%

This torque is up by 4 lb-ft from your replica, but the sound is so much nicer.

The only other thing that I have done is go back to the stock transmission because you cant use the custom trans with the H-pattern on my G-27.

Will look into this :) Is this Saleen Dark Horse ?

Then something's wrong. I have as well the Racing Exhaust and the weight is correct. :grumpy:

Will double check :)

Last edited:
It was the 281 Extreme, the 550Hp one. However Im sure that the Dark Horse is a similar case.

I have edited the replica, fixed the error ( it had oil change, supposed to be no oil change ), checked the Dark Horse, is has oil change, I don't think it can get close to real life torque with stock exhaust, torque will be too high ( also tried with no oil change car )

@danbojte : Fixed the BMW M3 GT4 Chrome Line, I must have posted the figure when it has worn engine.

Sports Soft

Specs
Torque : 304.3 ft-lb at 5200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 90.8%
Performance Points: 506

Torque : 304.3 ft-lb at 5200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 84.4%
Performance Points: 497

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Large Type F
Height -2 and Width -17

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Triple Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final 4.440

AERO

Brake Balance:

Notes :

Based on M3 Coupe '07
Sports Soft

CAR : BMW M3 Coupe '07

Specs
Horsepower: 420 HP at 7800 RPM
Torque : 307.0 ft-lb at 4300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.1%
Ballast : 55 kg
Ballast Position : -14

Power Limiter at : 87.5%
Ballast Position : -15

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Large Type F
Height -2 and Width -17

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final 4.440

AERO

Brake Balance:

Notes :

View attachment 234510

View attachment 234511

View attachment 234512
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_14.jpg

M3 Coupe Chrome Line

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

M3 Coupe '07

Seasonal Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Winners

Excellent! đź‘Ť​

Last edited:
Hey Ridox, if you have a couple of mins (ok, 8:40 lol) could you take a look at this:

I'm starting to get the hang of tuning, and i feel good working on FF cars at the moment. This is a test for a serie i had on my mind. It's 275hps 1400kg on comfort soft tyres. I've tried to tune in your style; no nonsense values that just work ingame and a realistic feeling. What i'm wondering is how you would judge the tune's (car) behaviour.

btw the video doesn't make justice to the work it takes to keep the car running fast on comfort tyres the drive was actually a blast one of the funniest rides i had in long time and with a car noone ever uses :P

View attachment 237123 View attachment 237124

::::M3 Coupe Chrome Line::::::::::::::::::::::::::M3 Coupe '07::::::::::::::

Seasonal Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Winner

Excellent! đź‘Ť​

I am so glad both works great in the rain :) Do they handle differently when wet ?

Hey Ridox, if you have a couple of mins (ok, 8:40 lol) could you take a look at this:

I'm starting to get the hang of tuning, and i feel good working on FF cars at the moment. This is a test for a serie i had on my mind. It's 275hps 1400kg on comfort soft tyres. I've tried to tune in your style; no nonsense values that just work ingame and a realistic feeling. What i'm wondering is how you would judge the tune's (car) behaviour.

btw the video doesn't make justice to the work it takes to keep the car running fast on comfort tyres the drive was actually a blast one of the funniest rides i had in long time and with a car noone ever uses :P

I will :)

I have updated/posted the "wet my pants" Porsche 996 GT4, based on the RUF RGT :D

Porsche 996 GT4
Tuned to replicate Porsche 996 GT4
Hawthorns Motorsport / Neil Garner Performance Engineering
Rod Barrett/ Jan Persson/ Jay Shepherd
BritCar GT Endurance Spa 2008/2009
Sports Soft

CAR : RUF RGT '00

Specs - 996 GT4 Base Power
Horsepower: 375 HP at 7200 RPM
Torque : 290.7 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 93.4%
Weight: 1410 kg
Ballast : 200 kg
Ballast Position : 33
Weight Distribution : 39 / 61 - as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 495

Specs - GT3 Cup Power
Horsepower: 390 HP at 7500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.0%
Performance Points: 499

Specs - SRO BOP GT4 Power 2010+ ( 996/997 )
Semi Racing Exhaust

Horsepower: 409 HP at 7600 RPM
Torque : 299.3 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.8%

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY
Wheels : Standard Size BBS-RS in Gold
Car Paint : White ( Solid or Pearl )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold FOR GT4 Base / GT3 CUP Spec ( REMOVE FOR SRO BOP SPEC )
Intake Tuning ( ONLY FOR SRO BOP SPEC )
Triple Plate Clutch ( ONLY FOR HEWLAND AND G97/63 997 GT3 Sequential )
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 2

Suspension - Custom EIBACH ERS with Sachs 2 Way Damper
Race Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 60 70
Spring Rate: 8.66 18.75
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.37

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G96/91 GT4 Base
GETRAG 6 Speed Fully Synchronized Transaxle ( Stock Clutch )

Set Default
Set Final to 4.420
Set Auto Max Speed at 230kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.150
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.560
4th 1.240
5th 1.030
6th 0.860
Set Final : 4.000 - Medium/High Speed Track ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from G96/90 GT3 Transaxle - more top speed )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G96/97 GT3 Cup 2004/2005

Set Default
Set Final to 4.420
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.154
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.560
4th 1.310
5th 1.090
6th 0.911
Set Final : 4.000 - Low/Medium Speed Track ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from G96/90 GT3 Transaxle - more top speed )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND 6 Speed Sequential ( Triple Plate Clutch )
OPTIONAL

Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.316
5th 1.111
6th 0.960
Set Final : 3.440

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G97/63 996 GT3-RSR End of Production
PORSCHE 6 Speed Sequential Dog Engagement Transaxle ( Triple Plate Clutch )
OPTIONAL - also used on Neil Garner 997 GT3 Cup

Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.167
2nd 2.133
3rd 1.722
4th 1.348
5th 1.115
6th 0.931
Set Final : 4.000 ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from GT96/90 GT3 Transaxle )

LSD - Paul Guard Race Spec 50/80
Braking Sensitivity: 48

OPTIONAL
LSD - 996 GT3 Cup Base Spec 40/60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click lower at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Porsche 996 GT4 is a rather unique race car, it's rare, only one team uses it at BritCar GT Championship.

Details are hard to come by, I only have drivers name, best lap times at 2 tracks that can be replicated in GT6 ( Spa and Brands Hatch Indy ), base power figure and the rest I have to adapt from SRO GT4 Porsche BOP spec ( 1411kg, 415PS )

As it's not a really replica, I included a variety of choices of power and gearing setup. For power, there are 3 setup, GT4 Base ( 380PS/375HP ), GT3 Cup ( 390HP ) and SRO BOP ( 415PS/409HP ), all are on the same weight from SRO BOP, 1410kg - the closest I can get with max ballast, 1 kg less. Weight distribution is at 39/61 like the 996 GT3 spec. With lowest power - GT4 Base, the replica can easily beaten the real life lap record at Spa and Brands Hatch Indy. GT4 Base and GT3 Cup spec uses isometric exhaust manifold, while SRO BOP uses intake tuning instead ( remove exhaust manifold ). Racing exhaust used on all setup.

Suspension uses Eibach Springs and Sachs 2 Way Damper, the 997 GT4 uses Moton Race Damper. I set the springs to the stiffest possible, with damper, ARB and alignment to give good traction/balance with the rear heavy layout.

The GT4 Base uses G96/91 ratio from GT3 Cup 1999-2004 ratio spec ( medium to high speed ), I have also included variety of ratios used by 996 GT3 cars ( RSR, Cup ) The G96/97 6 Speed is best for low to medium speed track, while the G97/63 Sequential and Hewland offers better shift speed/performance with triple plate clutch.

LSD is Paul Guard 50/80 Race Setup, with medium preload, this offers great traction, stability and responsive around mid corner. The base spec GT3 Cup LSD has 40/60 Setup, I also included this as an option.

I tuned and tested the Porsche 996 GT4 at Spa, Silverstone GP, Brands Hatch Indy, Laguna Seca and Red Bull Ring. The real life best lap at Spa Francorchamps 2009 BritCar GT Rd 3 was 2:36.164, at Brands Hatch Indy 2009 BritCar GT Rd 7: 49.415. Both can be beaten with GT4 Base 375HP + Hewland Ratio :P

Here are the lap times of the test run :
Silverstone GP : 2:14.076
Brands Hatch Indy : 0:49.094
Spa Francorchamps : 2:34.287

I also included replays of all 3 lap times for reference.

View attachment 237131

Let me know if the Porsche is a beast widow maker or tamed hot woman :lol:

Based on M3 Coupe '07
Sports Soft

CAR : BMW M3 Coupe '07

Specs
Horsepower: 420 HP at 7800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.1%
Ballast Position : -14

Power Limiter at : 87.5%
Ballast Position : -15

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type A
Winglets Large Type F
Height -2 and Width -17

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.846
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.055
2nd 2.369
3rd 1.582
4th 1.192
5th 1.000
6th 0.872
Set Final 4.440

AERO

Brake Balance:

Notes :

View attachment 234510

View attachment 234511

View attachment 234512

Used:

500PP Spa Rainmasters Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

In the same level as the Chrome Line...

I watched the whole lap :) Nice driving, consistent and smooth. I saw that the car performed well on the 1st half, right through the foxhole and before the 1st carousel. From visually looking at the car negotiating the bumps, and dips, especially at foxhole, the front spring are stiff, with the rear probably just as stiff or a bit lower. The front seems to have a good damping on high speed, but suffers slightly when under heavy braking. The rear seems under damped when hitting big bumps, not reacting quick enough ? I see that the car also tend to rotate when least expected, do you use lots of negative toe ?

For the last half of the track, after the 1st carousel, the car tend to struggle on lower speed corners, maybe ARB at the rear is very high ? Some oversteer on entry and medium speed correction. Do you use high compression and low extension on the rear spring ? Looks like the car has good turn in when not pushed too hard. Anyway, those are just my observation, not really expert opinion :) Hope I don't make all the wrong guesses :lol:

this was... interesting mate ;) actually what couldn't be easily seen is that the car has a distinct continuons 4 wheels controlled slide around all corners, the setup is not finished but it's so fun that i'm unsure i want to change it :D it's so lively when you drive it if you know what i mean lol

btw some struggling is my driving, i'm used to racing tires and just lately started dealing with harder compounds... Until 3-4 months ago i would almost race RS only :D

this was... interesting mate ;) actually what couldn't be easily seen is that the car has a distinct continuons 4 wheels controlled slide around all corners, the setup is not finished but it's so fun that i'm unsure i want to change it :D it's so lively when you drive it if you know what i mean lol

btw some struggling is my driving, i'm used to racing tires and just lately started dealing with harder compounds... Until 3-4 months ago i would almost race RS only :D

Controlled slides :P must be extreme tune like those on current FITT Focus ST tunes :D

if you are interested i'll send it up to you.... i have no clue if the time at nurb is good or not for the car/tune, but it was certainly a great fun in a never used car :D

Porsche 996 GT4
Tuned to replicate Porsche 996 GT4
Hawthorns Motorsport / Neil Garner Performance Engineering
Rod Barrett/ Jan Persson/ Jay Shepherd
BritCar GT Endurance Spa 2008/2009
Sports Soft

CAR : RUF RGT '00

Specs - 996 GT4 Base Power
Horsepower: 375 HP at 7200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 93.4%
Performance Points: 495

Specs - GT3 Cup Power
Horsepower: 390 HP at 7500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.0%
Performance Points: 499

Specs - SRO BOP GT4 Power 2010+ ( 996/997 )
Semi Racing Exhaust

Horsepower: 409 HP at 7600 RPM
Torque : 299.3 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.8%

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY
Wheels : Standard Size BBS-RS in Gold
Car Paint : White ( Solid or Pearl )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold FOR GT4 Base / GT3 CUP Spec ( REMOVE FOR SRO BOP SPEC )
Intake Tuning ( ONLY FOR SRO BOP SPEC )
Triple Plate Clutch ( ONLY FOR HEWLAND AND G97/63 997 GT3 Sequential )
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 2

Suspension - Custom EIBACH ERS with Sachs 2 Way Damper
Race Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 60 70
Spring Rate: 8.66 18.75
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.37

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G96/91 GT4 Base

Set Default
Set Final to 4.420
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.150
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.560
4th 1.240
5th 1.030
6th 0.860
Set Final : 4.000 - Medium/High Speed Track ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from G96/90 GT3 Transaxle - more top speed )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G96/97 GT3 Cup 2004/2005

Set Default
Set Final to 4.420
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.154
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.560
4th 1.310
5th 1.090
6th 0.911
Set Final : 4.000 - Low/Medium Speed Track ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from G96/90 GT3 Transaxle - more top speed )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND 6 Speed Sequential ( Triple Plate Clutch )
OPTIONAL

Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.316
5th 1.111
6th 0.960
Set Final : 3.440

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G97/63 996 GT3-RSR End of Production
PORSCHE 6 Speed Sequential Dog Engagement Transaxle ( Triple Plate Clutch )
OPTIONAL - also used on Neil Garner 997 GT3 Cup

Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.167
2nd 2.133
3rd 1.722
4th 1.348
5th 1.115
6th 0.931
Set Final : 4.000 ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from GT96/90 GT3 Transaxle )

LSD - Paul Guard Race Spec 50/80
Braking Sensitivity: 48

OPTIONAL
LSD - 996 GT3 Cup Base Spec 40/60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click lower at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Porsche 996 GT4 is a rather unique race car, it's rare, only one team uses it at BritCar GT Championship.

Details are hard to come by, I only have drivers name, best lap times at 2 tracks that can be replicated in GT6 ( Spa and Brands Hatch Indy ), base power figure and the rest I have to adapt from SRO GT4 Porsche BOP spec ( 1411kg, 415PS )

As it's not a really replica, I included a variety of choices of power and gearing setup. For power, there are 3 setup, GT4 Base ( 380PS/375HP ), GT3 Cup ( 390HP ) and SRO BOP ( 415PS/409HP ), all are on the same weight from SRO BOP, 1410kg - the closest I can get with max ballast, 1 kg less. Weight distribution is at 39/61 like the 996 GT3 spec. With lowest power - GT4 Base, the replica can easily beaten the real life lap record at Spa and Brands Hatch Indy. GT4 Base and GT3 Cup spec uses isometric exhaust manifold, while SRO BOP uses intake tuning instead ( remove exhaust manifold ). Racing exhaust used on all setup.

Suspension uses Eibach Springs and Sachs 2 Way Damper, the 997 GT4 uses Moton Race Damper. I set the springs to the stiffest possible, with damper, ARB and alignment to give good traction/balance with the rear heavy layout.

The GT4 Base uses G96/91 ratio from GT3 Cup 1999-2004 ratio spec ( medium to high speed ), I have also included variety of ratios used by 996 GT3 cars ( RSR, Cup ) The G96/97 6 Speed is best for low to medium speed track, while the G97/63 Sequential and Hewland offers better shift speed/performance with triple plate clutch.

LSD is Paul Guard 50/80 Race Setup, with medium preload, this offers great traction, stability and responsive around mid corner. The base spec GT3 Cup LSD has 40/60 Setup, I also included this as an option.

I tuned and tested the Porsche 996 GT4 at Spa, Silverstone GP, Brands Hatch Indy, Laguna Seca and Red Bull Ring. The real life best lap at Spa Francorchamps 2009 BritCar GT Rd 3 was 2:36.164, at Brands Hatch Indy 2009 BritCar GT Rd 7: 49.415. Both can be beaten with GT4 Base 375HP + Hewland Ratio :P

Here are the lap times of the test run :
Silverstone GP : 2:14.076
Brands Hatch Indy : 0:49.094
Spa Francorchamps : 2:34.287

I also included replays of all 3 lap times for reference.

View attachment 237131

View attachment 237135
Winner at Spa Seasonal but,

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_16.jpg

the paint job is ruined. :lol:

Not my type, it's free for sale. :D

Back