RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
I haven't tried to build the Maxi, not sure when I can do it, I wanted to post completed work, and it takes time too, I have limited play time now, about an hour every few days.
Then do it when you can. Anyways, I'm not giving you an order. I'm asking. ;)

Legacy Wagon - in my opinion it isn't something for me
GT86 rally car - Maybe later , now I'm having fun with your Gallardo GT3 and non-officially tuned Aventador LP750-4

@Ridox2JZGTE Thanks for the help with my 2012 Camaro ZL1 tune it's better I finished 1rst on Silverstone it took some practice on CM tires but I did it :dopey: what does push on exit mean?

It means understeer, usually caused by too much throttle / speed when exiting a corner and not enough front grip / rear has more grip. Running high LSD initial and accel can cause understeer or oversteer when the rear break loose earlier. Most tuners will use low value initial and accel to lessen understeer and outside tire losing traction, it's easier to get on the throttle with near open diff, but traction will be less optimal. I think low / close to open diff value are chosen for ease of driving :)

Ferrari 512BB 1980 / 512BBi 1981
Tuned to replicate Ferrari 512BB '80/ Ferrari 512BBi '81
Comfort Hard

CAR : Ferrari 512BB '76
Tire : Comfort Hard

Specs - 512BB Official Ferrari Curb Weight 1980
Horsepower: 335 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 332.7 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.7%
Weight: 1596 kg
Ballast : 196 kg
Ballast Position : 43
Weight Distribution : 41 / 59
Performance Points: 464

Specs - 512BBi Official Ferrari Curb Weight 1981
Horsepower: 335 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 332.7 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.7%
Weight: 1580 kg
Ballast : 180 kg
Ballast Position : 46
Weight Distribution : 41 / 59
Performance Points: 465

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Standard
Car Paint : Red / Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension - Eibach Springs over Koni Damper 512BB Set 1
Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 159 150 / 149 140
Spring Rate: 5.87 7.59
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.7
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.75

OPTIONAL Street/Track Alignment :
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.2
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.45

Suspension - Eibach Springs over Koni Damper 512BB Set 2
Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 159 150 / 149 140
Spring Rate: 5.36 8.04
Dampers (Compression): 2 1
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.7
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.75

Factory Ferrari 512BB Alignment Range :
Front
Camber : 0.00 - Max +0.33 ( positive )
Toe In : 1mm - Max 3mm ( 0.15 to 0.45 )

Rear
Camber : 0.70 - Max -1.00 ( negative )
Toe In : 5mm - Max 6.5mm ( 0.75 to 0.96 )

Suspension - Eibach Springs over Koni Damper 512BBi Set 1
Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 159 150
Spring Rate: 5.36 8.04
Dampers (Compression): 2 1
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.52

Suspension - Eibach Springs over Koni Damper 512BBi Set 2
Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 159 150
Spring Rate: 5.87 7.59
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.08 0.52

Factory Ferrari 512BBi Alignment Range :
Front
Camber : 0.20 - Max -0.60 ( negative )
Toe In : 0.5mm - Max 1.5mm ( 0.08 to 0.23 )

Rear
Camber : 1.50 - Max -1.80 ( negative )
Toe In : 3.5mm - Max 4.5mm ( 0.52 to 0.67 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Ferrari 512BB 5 Speed 1980
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 360kmh / 224mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.936
2nd 2.098
3rd 1.587
4th 1.200
5th 0.912
Set Final : 3.214

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Ferrari 512BBi 5 Speed 1981
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 360kmh / 224mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.248
2nd 2.083
3rd 1.587
4th 1.200
5th 0.913
Set Final : 3.214

LSD - 2 Way LSD
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click lower at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer 512BB and 512BBi are replicated in this build. The replica is a special version made based on the 1980 model year 512BB and 1981 model year 512BBi using both Ferrari Official Manual.

Both model year has same power rating at 340CV / 335HP and 332 lb ft torque, GT6 used Ferrari marketing figures. The curb weight listed on both manuals are : 512BB at 1596kg and 512BBi at 1580kg. The curb weight is not very clear if it includes full tank of fuel or not. The corner weight reports of real car owner have 40/60 weight distribution on full fuel tank. The fuel tank capacity is 120L, which equates about 90kg. For this replica, the closest I can get is 41/59. Assuming that the 1596kg and 1580kg are with some fuel in the car, then the replica is not that far off. There are of course, weight discrepancy on real life car weight measurements, many owners who reported that 512BB without fuel weigh from just over 1400kg to 1490+kg ( European cars, while US DOT conversion usually about 50+kg more ). After further testing, these weight figure when used will make the 512BB in GT6 has too much acceleration / top speed performance compared to the real car test results.

For suspension, I used custom values based on real life owners suspension upgrade setup. The real factory spring rate values are too low and not available in GT6. There are 2 sets of spring rates, set 1 has more balance by using lower spring ratio, while set 2 uses a street/track spring rate ratio. I have included specific Ferrari Alignment on both 512BB and 512BBi. The alignment values are different with the later model year becoming more aggressive in camber and less street oriented toe in. Feel free to try them all. The suspension allows good stability under braking and decent grip around mid to exit.

The transmission is wrong in GT6, the 512BB and 512BBi has different gear ratios. The later model year 512BBi has shorter 1st gear, but slightly longer 2nd gear. This was aimed at more rapid acceleration from 0-60mph and the fuel injected engine having different characteristics / torque curve than the 512BB carburated engine. The 512BB/i also has dry double/twin plate clutch from factory, the replica has been installed with one. The LSD is plate type, with 2 way used in this replica to help with traction on both acceleration and braking. The preload is set at medium value to keep the 512BB/i maintain both rear wheel speed at light to medium cornering load, helping to achieve the understeer behavior of the real car when close to the limit.

The 512BB/i was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Streets of Willow, Red Bull Ring, Laguna Seca, Big Willow, Autumn Ring. At Tsukuba, it managed easy 1:11s with a best of high 1:10s.

This is considered as expert level car that requires high level of concentration to drive at track pace. The tire is comfort hard which should simulate the grip level of the factory tires at the time ( radial Michelin 415 TRX for 512BBi and Michelin XWX Tubeless for 512BB ) When driven at street pace / cruising, the car should be easy enough for most drivers, but pushed on the edge, just like the real car, sweaty hands and adrenalin rush is a given. Getting closer / finding the limit is not difficult, but stepping over will bite back hard, beware of the car cornering speed, it can't reach modern car speed range with factory tires.

ENJOY :cheers:

Well, I can't say you didn't warn me about this thing. I just finished my first lap around Nordschleife and I'm pretty sure I totalled the car! LOL! First of all, I haven't a lot of experience driving on CH tires. So, I had to contend with that. Also, I should have payed more attention to your notes where you mention taking it easy on cornering speed. With the weight balance being what it is and the poor quality tires (CH), the back end was trying to come around on me more often than it was staying straight during my lap.

I have no doubt that with repeated driving I could learn to enjoy this car. The whole reason I love your garage is because I'm trying to experience what it was like to drive these cars, as they drove in real life. Many people who play GT6 have their Ferrari GTO's handling better than a modern day C7 Corvette and that's just not how it would be in the real world. I want to experience these cars, warts and all.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love tuning up a car for quick lap times and having a go with my friends - especially in the Seasonal Events. But there is something a lot more satisfying about finishing a lap at Nordschleife with a car like the 1981 512BBi Replica, massaging your forearms because you were sawing wood for the last 9 minutes and thinking "wow...that car really IS a handful like they say..."

You definitely want to get your braking done before turn in with this Ferrari. She will want to come around on you otherwise. And don't be surprised when you let off on the brake pedal and turn that wheel, you're going to have to immediately rest your foot back on the throttle to keep the car from transferring all its weight around on you. It's not the most natural feeling in the world. I would imagine the old style 911's were very similar.

I'll give the 1980 512BB Replica a try at another date. Tonight I want to just do some driving with this crazy animal. I don't think I'll ever be able to tame her, but hopefully I can convince her to stop trying to kill me EVERY chance she gets!

Well, I can't say you didn't warn me about this thing. I just finished my first lap around Nordschleife and I'm pretty sure I totalled the car! LOL! First of all, I haven't a lot of experience driving on CH tires. So, I had to contend with that. Also, I should have payed more attention to your notes where you mention taking it easy on cornering speed. With the weight balance being what it is and the poor quality tires (CH), the back end was trying to come around on me more often than it was staying straight during my lap.

I have no doubt that with repeated driving I could learn to enjoy this car. The whole reason I love your garage is because I'm trying to experience what it was like to drive these cars, as they drove in real life. Many people who play GT6 have their Ferrari GTO's handling better than a modern day C7 Corvette and that's just not how it would be in the real world. I want to experience these cars, warts and all.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love tuning up a car for quick lap times and having a go with my friends - especially in the Seasonal Events. But there is something a lot more satisfying about finishing a lap at Nordschleife with a car like the 1981 512BBi Replica, massaging your forearms because you were sawing wood for the last 9 minutes and thinking "wow...that car really IS a handful like they say..."

You definitely want to get your braking done before turn in with this Ferrari. She will want to come around on you otherwise. And don't be surprised when you let off on the brake pedal and turn that wheel, you're going to have to immediately rest your foot back on the throttle to keep the car from transferring all its weight around on you. It's not the most natural feeling in the world. I would imagine the old style 911's were very similar.

I'll give the 1980 512BB Replica a try at another date. Tonight I want to just do some driving with this crazy animal. I don't think I'll ever be able to tame her, but hopefully I can convince her to stop trying to kill me EVERY chance she gets!

:scared: I just killed a test driver in a horrific accident at the Ring :lol: Would you be surprised if I tell you that comfort hard still has higher longitudinal grip / straight line acceleration grip than the real car ? I tested 0-60mph and 0-400 performance, and the replica still a bit quicker by a few tenths. The lateral G limit is similar on CH though, comfort hard on most sports car in GT6 has very good lateral peak G's - high 0.80 to a little over 0.90 G.

I think the rotation caused by the higher front ride height is one of the factors that make the 512BB rear end swing around wildly ( GT6 reversed ride height ). You can try to lower the car and have the front slightly lower like in the White 512BBi pictured on the replica post. Increasing front and rear toe in also helps a lot. From my research, there's a reason why Ferrari used very high toe in on front and rear. The 512BB back in the day with factory tire were a handful when driven hard on the road, it can snap back violently if running near to zero toe all around. Which is why all came from factory with very high front/rear toe in, at least 5mm for the 512BB and 3.5 to 4.5mm for the 512BBi ( rear ).

A good place to used to the car is Red Bull Ring :) You can also try comfort medium/soft, most 512BB/i IRL now have high performance wider tires that has immense grip compared to the original Ferrari tire back in the 70's and 80's, they would be crazy to fit same skinny tire :lol:

CH tires have higher straight line grip, really? Wow... I believe you, I just am shocked because I could have sworn that my 1981 512BBi Replica was spinning the tires in 1st once the revs got high. I just didn't expect that from the power to weight ratio and gearing. Like I said in my OP regarding this car, I enjoy the challenge of respecting what this car's limits are. I'm as guilty as the next average GT6 player who spends more time riding SH/SS tires than he should and therefore get used to an unrealistic level of grip all around.

I'm going to take her up to the Red Bull Ring right now and see how she handles on that track. I expect to make it out of the car with my life this time... :D :lol: 👍

EDIT: I drove several laps around Red Bull Ring with the CH tires and then threw on a pair of CM tires. The CM tires are still a handful, but worth about 3.5 seconds off my CH time. I like this car!!

Last edited:
CH tires have higher straight line grip, really? Wow... I believe you, I just am shocked because I could have sworn that my 1981 512BBi Replica was spinning the tires in 1st once the revs got high. I just didn't expect that from the power to weight ratio and gearing. Like I said in my OP regarding this car, I enjoy the challenge of respecting what this car's limits are. I'm as guilty as the next average GT6 player who spends more time riding SH/SS tires than he should and therefore get used to an unrealistic level of grip all around.

I'm going to take her up to the Red Bull Ring right now and see how she handles on that track. I expect to make it out of the car with my life this time... :D :lol: 👍

EDIT: I drove several laps around Red Bull Ring with the CH tires and then threw on a pair of CM tires. The CM tires are still a handful, but worth about 3.5 seconds off my CH time. I like this car!!

:D Good to hear :P If you want to run a simple test, go to SSRX, stop at start line, and do a full throttle run to 1000m. Watch the replay, go to bumper cam, press R1 to bring up HUD, pause at 60mph, and at 400m and 1000m.

0- 60 mph at avg 5.6s, 400m at 14.2s, 1000m /1 km at 248kmh/154mph at 25.1s. The 0-60, 400m and 1000m time are valid for both 512BB and 512BBi. There are range of times for 0-60 from flat 5s as reported by R&T test in 1978 ( US DOT 512BB Carb ) to 5.8s from 512BBi.

:D Good to hear :P If you want to run a simple test, go to SSRX, stop at start line, and do a full throttle run to 1000m. Watch the replay, go to bumper cam, press R1 to bring up HUD, pause at 60mph, and at 400m and 1000m.

0- 60 mph at avg 5.6s, 400m at 14.2s, 1000m /1 km at 248kmh/154mph at 25.1s. The 0-60, 400m and 1000m time are valid for both 512BB and 512BBi. There are range of times for 0-60 from flat 5s as reported by R&T test in 1978 ( US DOT 512BB Carb ) to 5.8s from 512BBi.
I've always wondered how accurate 0-60 times are in this game. For some reason, when I'm playing, 60mph seems to come awfully fast. I'm not just talking about cars that I've modified and increased power by 150hp and 100lb/ft of torque. I've tried using SSRX to measure 0-60 times but it's impossible to reset the timer to 0.00 before I launch. Frankly, I'm a little confused as to how you measure 0-60 times. You mention stopping at the start line, but the timer will continue to run, won't it?

I've always wondered how accurate 0-60 times are in this game. For some reason, when I'm playing, 60mph seems to come awfully fast. I'm not just talking about cars that I've modified and increased power by 150hp and 100lb/ft of torque. I've tried using SSRX to measure 0-60 times but it's impossible to reset the timer to 0.00 before I launch. Frankly, I'm a little confused as to how you measure 0-60 times. You mention stopping at the start line, but the timer will continue to run, won't it?

When you do free run ( test drive ), the timer sits at 00:00.00 while the car is auto driving. Stop before the start line inside the tunnel, timer will not run as long as you are not passing the start line. Get as close as possible to the start line, use bumper car to do this. You can then launch the car, and run until 1000+m mark. Exit then play the replay, bring up the HUD and bumper cam, pause it when you hit 60mph :P

When you do free run ( test drive ), the timer sits at 00:00.00 while the car is auto driving. Stop before the start line inside the tunnel, timer will not run as long as you are not passing the start line. Get as close as possible to the start line, use bumper car to do this. You can then launch the car, and run until 1000+m mark. Exit then play the replay, bring up the HUD and bumper cam, pause it when you hit 60mph :P
Ahhh, I didn't even think of that. You're exactly right... I will try that later today when I'm on my PS3.

It means understeer, usually caused by too much throttle / speed when exiting a corner and not enough front grip / rear has more grip. Running high LSD initial and accel can cause understeer or oversteer when the rear break loose earlier. Most tuners will use low value initial and accel to lessen understeer and outside tire losing traction, it's easier to get on the throttle with near open diff, but traction will be less optimal. I think low / close to open diff value are chosen for ease of driving :)

Thanks I'll need to practice on a track I'm used to. I used to play GT5 alot with AIDS though, then when GT6 came out the handling and tire grip was alot different and the brakes were horrible but with a patch the brake problem was fixed but the AI either don't know our cars are on the track or only scripted to run a certain lap time compared to ours AKA Rubberbanding :banghead: So I took a long break then finally decided to play again took over 3 hours to update and intialize the updates that was insane :mad: I still can't believe the beast that is the 2014 Camaro Z/28 best track car Chevy made and 2014 Camaro ZL1 the most powerful Camaro produced are not in the game yet :confused: It's a shame a replica is our only option, to begin with the 2010 Camaro SS is poorly programed weight distribution is wrong 48/52 backwards very weird

Quick Question.
Would a Live rear axle be setup in GT6 as an open diff (5) or a locked diff (60)? I can't figure out where it belongs.

Quick Question.
Would a Live rear axle be setup in GT6 as an open diff (5) or a locked diff (60)? I can't figure out where it belongs.

Depends on what the real car has. Having live rear axle do not mean it doesn't have some sort of limited slip differential. Live axle doesn't not mean always an open diff. For example, early Caterham 7 uses variety Ford and Morris live axles that were fitted with Titan LSD by owners, some were upgraded with Quaife LSD. Quaife sells drop in / direct replacement ATB Helical LSD for live rear axle ( Ford )

Last edited:
H&R Audi R8 GT 2012 + MotorTrend 2011
Randy Pobst Best Driver's Car Lap Laguna Seca

Tuned to replicate Audi R8 GT 2012
2011 MotorTrend Best Driver's Car Contender
Comfort Soft

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_74.jpg

CAR : Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - AUDI R8 GT 2012 Model Year MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2011 Test
Horsepower: 553 HP / 560 PS at 8300 RPM
Torque : 399.1 ft-lb at 6900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.7%
Ballast : 149 kg
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 551

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size - Stock or Anything you like
Car Paint : Silver or Orange or Black or Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_72.jpg

Suspension - H&R R8 GT Coilover Kit
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Custom Audi R8 Factory Base Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110
Spring Rate: 13.25 10.20
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 4
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.16

Suspension - Eibach Springs Factory Adjustable Sports Coilover
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Specialized Audi R8 GT Custom Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 11.22 12.23
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.16

LSD - Audi Rear 2 Way and Front 1 Way LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 27
Braking Sensitivity: 28

LSD - OPTIONAL Audi Rear 2 Way LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5

Rear

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_75.jpg

Brake Balance:
8/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Audi R8 GT is the sportier version of the vanilla R8, with lighter weight and more power, it can be said that the R8 GT is like Superleggera version of the Lamborghini :P

This replica is aimed to replicate the lap time posted at MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car. For this build, I provided 2 suspension setup. The main suspension setup is based on H&R Coilover for Audi R8 GT, while the 2nd is based on stock suspension. Both are running the same camber and toe alignment.

H&R Coilover Kit comes with 742lb/in or 130N/mm front and 571 lb/in or 100N/mm rear spring rate based on infos gathered. To accommodate the softer rear springs, damper and ARB has been tweaked to give better balance.

For stock suspension setup : the Audi R8 GT uses Eibach Springs, the front spring rate is known at 110N/mm or 628lb/in, ID 70mm and 200mm length based on a report from an owner who took a look at the spring markings, unfortunately no such information available for rear springs. I have to make an estimation on the rear springs by cross referencing Eibach ERS catalogue and decided on 120N/mm or 658lb/in spring. I taken into account the Gallardo stock spring rate ratio :) The chosen spring rate works very well for the car, and I tuned the damper to be firm, precise, yet easy to ride on the edge. The Audi R8 GT features sports manual adjustable coilover system with 10mm lower ride height than stock vanilla R8 as standard from factory. The R8 GT factory alignment also has higher base camber front and back at 1.5, with similar toe alignment as stock R8.

The LSD is 2 way at the rear, similar in arrangement as Lamborghini Gallardo with mechanical locking differential at the rear axle that provides up to 25 percent lockup when accelerating and up to 40 percent on the overrun/coast.
I have no confirmation on the front LSD, the GT6 stock LSD has the front with some locking, so I decided to use LSD setup with 25% lock at the front axle ( 1 way ) - this will be the main LSD setup, with optional open front LSD listed as well.

The rear wing of the real R8 GT can't be replicated as there's no rear wing available in GT6 :(, but the fixed aero values makes that moot, the R8 GT replica has more than enough downforce to make it stays planted at high speed, one of the key differences the Gallardo SL replica :D

I tuned and tested the Audi R8 GT H&R at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main goal is to replicate or beat the Randy Pobst lap record at Laguna Seca during the MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car event. Randy posted 1:36.39s while the replica driven by me, managed 1:36.256. I have included the replay for reference.

UPDATE 1.15 : Corrected toe values.

Attachments

• H&RAudiR8GT1m36sLagunaSeca.zip
    351 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Depends on what the real car has. Having live rear axle do not mean it doesn't have some sort of limited slip differential. Live axle doesn't not mean always an open diff. For example, early Caterham 7 uses variety Ford and Morris live axles that were fitted with Titan LSD by owners, some were upgraded with Quaife LSD. Quaife sells drop in / direct replacement ATB Helical LSD for live rear axle ( Ford )
Im working on getting as close as possible to my '03 Mustang GT, abd the '03 Mustang Mach 1 using the Cobra R in game.

H&R Audi R8 GT 2012 + MotorTrend 2011
Randy Pobst Best Driver's Car Lap Laguna Seca

Tuned to replicate Audi R8 GT 2012
2011 MotorTrend Best Driver's Car Contender
Comfort Soft

CAR : Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - AUDI R8 GT 2012 Model Year MotorTrend Best Driver's Car 2011 Test
Horsepower: 553 HP / 560 PS at 8300 RPM
Torque : 399.1 ft-lb at 6900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.7%
Ballast : 149 kg
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 551

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Standard Size - Stock or Anything you like
Car Paint : Silver or Orange or Black or Blue

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - H&R R8 GT Coilover Kit
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Custom Audi R8 Factory Base Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 13.25 10.20
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 4
Toe Angle: 0.32 0.32

Suspension - Eibach Springs Factory Adjustable Sports Coilover
10mm Lower Ride Height than Stock R8 and Specialized Audi R8 GT Custom Factory Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 11.22 12.23
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 3
Toe Angle: 0.32 0.32

LSD - Audi Rear 2 Way and Front 1 Way LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 17

Rear

LSD - OPTIONAL Audi Rear 2 Way LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5

Rear

Brake Balance:
8/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 8/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Audi R8 GT is the sportier version of the vanilla R8, with lighter weight and more power, it can be said that the R8 GT is like Superleggera version of the Lamborghini :P

This replica is aimed to replicate the lap time posted at MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car. For this build, I provided 2 suspension setup. The main suspension setup is based on H&R Coilover for Audi R8 GT, while the 2nd is based on stock suspension. Both are running the same camber and toe alignment.

H&R Coilover Kit comes with 742lb/in or 130N/mm front and 571 lb/in or 100N/mm rear spring rate based on infos gathered. To accommodate the softer rear springs, damper and ARB has been tweaked to give better balance.

For stock suspension setup : the Audi R8 GT uses Eibach Springs, the front spring rate is known at 110N/mm or 628lb/in, ID 70mm and 200mm length based on a report from an owner who took a look at the spring markings, unfortunately no such information available for rear springs. I have to make an estimation on the rear springs by cross referencing Eibach ERS catalogue and decided on 120N/mm or 658lb/in spring. I taken into account the Gallardo stock spring rate ratio :) The chosen spring rate works very well for the car, and I tuned the damper to be firm, precise, yet easy to ride on the edge. The Audi R8 GT features sports manual adjustable coilover system with 10mm lower ride height than stock vanilla R8 as standard from factory. The R8 GT factory alignment also has higher base camber front and back at 1.5, with similar toe alignment as stock R8.

The LSD is 2 way at the rear, similar in arrangement as Lamborghini Gallardo with mechanical locking differential at the rear axle that provides up to 25 percent lockup when accelerating and up to 40 percent on the overrun/coast.
I have no confirmation on the front LSD, the GT6 stock LSD has the front with some locking, so I decided to use LSD setup with 25% lock at the front axle ( 1 way ) - this will be the main LSD setup, with optional open front LSD listed as well.

The rear wing of the real R8 GT can't be replicated as there's no rear wing available in GT6 :(, but the fixed aero values makes that moot, the R8 GT replica has more than enough downforce to make it stays planted at high speed, one of the key differences the Gallardo SL replica :D

I tuned and tested the Audi R8 GT H&R at Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main goal is to replicate or beat the Randy Pobst lap record at Laguna Seca during the MotorTrend 2011 Best Driver's Car event. Randy posted 1:36.39s while the replica driven by me, managed 1:36.256. I have included the replay for reference.

Wow! Very well balanced. Great feeling. 1:36.475 @ Laguna Seca. :D 👍

Im working on getting as close as possible to my '03 Mustang GT, abd the '03 Mustang Mach 1 using the Cobra R in game.

Interesting project :D Building your own car 👍, you are already halfway, knowing inside out of your own target build.

Wow! Very well balanced. Great feeling. 1:36.475 @ Laguna Seca. :D 👍

Thank you, it's different than the stock R8 GT posted before, I like H&R spring rate better, well suited for the car.

I will post these 2 tomorrow :

HKS CT200MR Street and special build BTCC Championship BMW 135i ( replica based ) @DaBomm4

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_26.jpg

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_166.jpg

Ridox, I love all your No drivers assist tune . Can't find a RUF BTR '86 in your tuned garage... I hope can get a fine tune from you with 450hp 1240kg with sport medium tires for Brand Hatch GP Circuit. I''ve tune one myself but really hard to drive fast. Timelap is only 1:36.2 with my DS3. ( All drivers assist OFF) Is it OK or not with this timelap? I temporarily can't use my G27 due to my arm injury. Hope you can guide a help tune a little if my laptimes is too slow.. Thks Bro!

Ridox, I love all your No drivers assist tune . Can't find a RUF BTR '86 in your tuned garage... I hope can get a fine tune from you with 450hp 1240kg with sport medium tires for Brand Hatch GP Circuit. I''ve tune one myself but really hard to drive fast. Timelap is only 1:36.2 with my DS3. ( All drivers assist OFF) Is it OK or not with this timelap? I temporarily can't use my G27 due to my arm injury. Hope you can guide a help tune a little if my laptimes is too slow.. Thks Bro!

Sorry mate, my hands are full at the moment, and won't be free anytime soon :( I have limited play time during the week and need to post finished cars. The time I think is quite good for the car and tire if using replica based build ( rear heavy 39/61, stock gearing ) I suggest that you try to adapt the Porsche 996 GT4 ( RUF RGT ) "stable" suspension + LSD and gearing, it might just work :)

Porsche 996 GT4
Tuned to replicate Porsche 996 GT4
Hawthorns Motorsport / Neil Garner Performance Engineering
Rod Barrett/ Jan Persson/ Jay Shepherd
BritCar GT Endurance Spa 2008/2009
Sports Soft

CAR : RUF RGT '00
Tire : Sports Soft

Specs - 996 GT4 Base Power
Horsepower: 375 HP at 7200 RPM
Torque : 290.7 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 93.4%
Weight: 1410 kg
Ballast : 200 kg
Ballast Position : 33
Weight Distribution : 39 / 61 - as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 495

Specs - GT3 Cup Power
Horsepower: 390 HP at 7500 RPM
Torque : 290.7 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.0%
Performance Points: 499

Specs - SRO BOP GT4 Power 2010+ ( 996/997 )
Semi Racing Exhaust

Horsepower: 409 HP at 7600 RPM
Torque : 299.3 ft-lb at 5100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.8%
Performance Points: 506

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY
Wheels : Standard Size BBS-RS in Gold
Car Paint : White ( Solid or Pearl )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold FOR GT4 Base / GT3 CUP Spec ( REMOVE FOR SRO BOP SPEC )
Intake Tuning ( ONLY FOR SRO BOP SPEC )
Triple Plate Clutch ( ONLY FOR HEWLAND AND G97/63 997 GT3 Sequential )
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 2

Suspension - Custom EIBACH ERS with Sachs 2 Way Damper
Alternative Setup / Stable / Race Alignment / GT3 Cup Spring Ratio 485/525

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 60 70 ( OPTIONAL Ride Height : 63/82, 73/92 or real life 996 GT3 Cup limit 83/102 )
Spring Rate: 8.66 9.38
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.37

Suspension - Custom EIBACH ERS with Sachs 2 Way Damper
Base Setup / Loose / Race Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 60 70 ( OPTIONAL Ride Height : 63/82, 73/92 or real life 996 GT3 Cup limit 83/102 )
Spring Rate: 8.66 18.75
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 1.7
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.37

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G96/91 GT4 Base
GETRAG 6 Speed Fully Synchronized Transaxle ( Stock Clutch )

Set Default
Set Final to 4.420
Set Auto Max Speed at 230kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.150
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.560
4th 1.240
5th 1.030
6th 0.860
Set Final : 4.000 - Medium/High Speed Track ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from G96/90 GT3 Transaxle - more top speed )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G96/97 GT3 Cup 2004/2005
GETRAG 6 Speed Fully Synchronized Transaxle ( Stock Clutch )

Set Default
Set Final to 4.420
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.154
2nd 2.000
3rd 1.560
4th 1.310
5th 1.090
6th 0.911
Set Final : 4.000 - Low/Medium Speed Track ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from G96/90 GT3 Transaxle - more top speed )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND 6 Speed Sequential ( Triple Plate Clutch )
OPTIONAL

Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.316
5th 1.111
6th 0.960
Set Final : 3.440

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Porsche G97/63 996 GT3-RSR End of Production
PORSCHE 6 Speed Sequential Dog Engagement Transaxle ( Triple Plate Clutch )
OPTIONAL - also used on Neil Garner 997 GT3 Cup

Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.167
2nd 2.133
3rd 1.722
4th 1.348
5th 1.115
6th 0.931
Set Final : 4.000 ( OPTIONAL : 3.440 Final from GT96/90 GT3 Transaxle )

LSD - Paul Guard Race Spec 50/80 with GT3 Cup Preload Limits
Initial Torque : 24 ( Preload Range 12 - 27 ) Use 27 for high speed track.
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 48

OPTIONAL
LSD - 996 GT3 Cup Base Spec 40/60 with GT3 Cup Preload Limits
Initial Torque : 24 ( Preload Range 12 - 27 ) Use 27 for high speed track.
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/2, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click lower at the rear.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Porsche 996 GT4 is a rather unique race car, it's rare, only one team uses it at BritCar GT Championship.

Details are hard to come by, I only have drivers name, best lap times at 2 tracks that can be replicated in GT6 ( Spa and Brands Hatch Indy ), base power figure and the rest I have to adapt from SRO GT4 Porsche BOP spec ( 1411kg, 415PS )

As it's not a really replica, I included a variety of choices of power and gearing setup. For power, there are 3 setup, GT4 Base ( 380PS/375HP ), GT3 Cup ( 390HP ) and SRO BOP ( 415PS/409HP ), all are on the same weight from SRO BOP, 1410kg - the closest I can get with max ballast, 1 kg less. Weight distribution is at 39/61 like the 996 GT3 spec. With lowest power - GT4 Base, the replica can easily beaten the real life lap record at Spa and Brands Hatch Indy. GT4 Base and GT3 Cup spec uses isometric exhaust manifold, while SRO BOP uses intake tuning instead ( remove exhaust manifold ). Racing exhaust used on all setup.

Suspension uses Eibach Springs and Sachs 2 Way Damper, the 997 GT4 uses Moton Race Damper. I set the springs to the stiffest possible, with damper, ARB and alignment to give good traction/balance with the rear heavy layout. I have added additional suspension setup using real life GT3 Cup Spring Rate Ratio, the setup also has optional ride height from real life 996 GT3 Cup limit 83mm / 102mm, use the difference if preferable, eg : 63/82 :D

The GT4 Base uses G96/91 ratio from GT3 Cup 1999-2004 ratio spec ( medium to high speed ), I have also included variety of ratios used by 996 GT3 cars ( RSR, Cup ) The G96/97 6 Speed is best for low to medium speed track, while the G97/63 Sequential and Hewland offers better shift speed/performance with triple plate clutch.

LSD is Paul Guard 50/80 Race Setup, with medium preload, this offers great traction, stability and responsive around mid corner. The base spec GT3 Cup LSD has 40/60 Setup, I also included this as an option.

I tuned and tested the Porsche 996 GT4 at Spa, Silverstone GP, Brands Hatch Indy, Laguna Seca and Red Bull Ring. The real life best lap at Spa Francorchamps 2009 BritCar GT Rd 3 was 2:36.164, at Brands Hatch Indy 2009 BritCar GT Rd 7: 49.415. Both can be beaten with GT4 Base 375HP + Hewland Ratio :P

Here are the lap times of the test run :
Silverstone GP : 2:14.076
Brands Hatch Indy : 0:49.094
Spa Francorchamps : 2:34.287

I also included replays of all 3 lap times for reference.

ENJOY :cheers:

View attachment 237131

View attachment 237135

UPDATE : Added alternative suspension setup with real life GT3 Cup spring ratio, offering better stability and ease of driving. Added optional ride height based on real life 996 GT3 Cup limits, the difference can be used at lower height, eg 63/82. Added LSD Initial Torque / Preload value range allowed in GT3 Cup, from 12 to 27 Max. 27 LSD Initial Torque best suited for high speed track, run lower for tighter tracks/low speed.

Sorry mate, my hands are full at the moment, and won't be free anytime soon :( I have limited play time during the week and need to post finished cars. The time I think is quite good for the car and tire if using replica based build ( rear heavy 39/61, stock gearing ) I suggest that you try to adapt the Porsche 996 GT4 ( RUF RGT ) "stable" suspension + LSD and gearing, it might just work :)

Thanks for your guide. Maybe got to tune a little with the dampers & spring for using sport medium tires. Lol.

So I'm new to here(both the game and racing in real life)and as a guy who don't own a car,I must give a big hand to Ridox for giving me the opportunity to try the cars out!Thank you very much;-)
And hopefully we can see more of your tunes in the future,especially replica of supercars(one for huayra will just make my day) and racecars(maybe some Le Mans and Group C cars?).Maybe it's just me,or is that the default settings of cars in the game actually don't match the real life tunes?O.oSometimes it feels way different to drive a stock car in gt6 compared to the videos showing how the stock cars are.

So I'm new to here(both the game and racing in real life)and as a guy who don't own a car,I must give a big hand to Ridox for giving me the opportunity to try the cars out!Thank you very much;-)
And hopefully we can see more of your tunes in the future,especially replica of supercars(one for huayra will just make my day) and racecars(maybe some Le Mans and Group C cars?).Maybe it's just me,or is that the default settings of cars in the game actually don't match the real life tunes?O.oSometimes it feels way different to drive a stock car in gt6 compared to the videos showing how the stock cars are.

Thank you for visiting :) I'm very busy at the moment, can't promise on Le mans and Gr C cars, they are expensive too :P For default settings, most of car stats in GT6 have errors, mostly weight distribution, some are HP figure, torque, gearing. The most annoying part is suspension spring rate, I think over 90% cars in GT6 has incorrect spring rate, either too stiff ( common ) or too low ( less common ), and even worse, the correct stock spring rate often can't be reached as the adjustment range often can't get low enough :grumpy:

Anyway, those are the main reasons, most cars do not drive realistically, apart from higher grip tires :D

If only we could get a few aero parts...

Back