RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Ridox2JZGTE, Dec 22, 2013.

1. ChauMing803

ChauMing803

So that's why the cars are different...anyway,we all appreciate very much of your dedication to bring more experience and fun to us players.Wish you all the success in your tunes,and life!
    Last but not least......keep these tunes coming,like a BOSS!!!!B-)

2. ChauMing803

ChauMing803

Just one more thing,regarding the RUF RGT '00 tune(with SOP suspension,is there any way to reduce the heavy burden of the rear tires?The pressure on the tires seems to be unevenly distributed.Even when I am using SM tires instead of SS,the traction of the rear decreases to 4 just after 3 laps of Nurburgring 24hrs,while the front keeping at 8.And the traction of the cars seems quite weird too.When I go around a corner,leaving the throttle untouched,it first understeers a bit,after .5 secs vigorous oversteer comes in.Do you think it should be treated like the ZEEK MR2?

Anyway,thanks again for your replica tunes.Even the two are like wanting to kill me every corner,taming the beasts is a fun time:-D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  3. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Have you tried the car with lower rear spring rate ?

Suspension - Custom EIBACH ERS with Sachs 2 Way Damper
    Alternative Setup / Stable / Race Alignment / GT3 Cup Spring Ratio 485/525

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 60 70 ( OPTIONAL Ride Height : 63/82, 73/92 or real life 996 GT3 Cup limit 83/102 )
    Spring Rate: 8.66 9.38
    Dampers (Compression): 7 7
    Dampers (Extension): 7 6
    Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
    Camber Angle: 2.5 1.7
    Toe Angle: -0.16 0.37

Also the optional ride height ? The higher rear will make the car harder to rotate ( reversed to real life :( ), this will stabilize the rear end on exit, but will have an impact on entry. For LSD, I recommend to run lower initial at 12 for endurance races, this helps with consistency.

OPTIONAL
    LSD - 996 GT3 Cup Base Spec 40/60 with GT3 Cup Preload Limits

Initial Torque : 12 ( Preload Range 12 - 27 ) Use 27 for high speed track.
    Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
    Braking Sensitivity: 36

The understeer then oversteer is more likely because tire wear and driving style. Driving RR cars, you need to hold partial throttle around entry and mid corner. Never lift off the gas completely. Trail brake into the apex, hold half to 70% throttle until you can apply full gas on exit ( straighten out ) You can watch my replay that I included with the tune :) Pay particular attention to the Silverstone GP Lap, this is very useful for learning how to handle RR cars. The replay were using the Base Suspension setup with much higher rear spring rate, which requires a lot more smooth throttle control, but offers the best rotation and agility.
    Using the lower initial and accel LSD above will make the car more free to move, and less prone to traction loss on exit with aggressive throttle application. Higher LSD lock requires much more smooth throttle to avoid overcooking the wheels and forces the LSD to lock both wheels too early :p

Dietrich, Pete05 and ChauMing803 like this.
  4. ChauMing803

ChauMing803

So never go without throttle...maybe that's why I tend to wear out the tires fast while driving MR/RR cars(RGT and MR2):-P.However will it cause much greater consumption on fuel by constant pushing the throttle?I know that since the diveshaft is shorter,better fuel economy can be achieved,but when you have to use the throttle all the time to make the car stable,how can this design become a benefit,when FR cars can lift off throttle while still going fast during cornering?

Also,as I want to feel how the car drives,I used the spring rate of front 8.XX and rear 18.XX.Maybe it's just me not being skilled enough though...About the LSD,I set the initial on 27,because of the high speed nature of Nurburgring.And you suggest using lower LSD for endurance races.What setting on LSD should I use then?:-S Nurburgring is really Green Hell after all.

Sorry for raising so many questions.I know I am being kind of ignorant,but hopefully you can clear the mess in my brain.Playing GT6 well is actually much more difficult to get the first position at school:'(

5. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Partial throttle is okay on fuel consumption, IRL skilled driver would left foot brake instead when nearing the apex in rear heavy cars, while still closer to half/full throttle. This technique gives much smoother weight transfer and avoid overloading front tires.

Be sure to try the alternate setup, the rear spring rate is much closer to front, giving much slower rear rotation and more predictable.

Lower initial is more catered for less experienced driver with throttle control, having the LSD stays open longer will make the car easier to handle. I suggest to start at 12 ( lowest ) and go up in 2 increment if you feel confident enough. The 27 Initial for high speed is more the tracks like High Speed Ring, Daytona, Indianapolis, SSRX, Red Bull Ring and Willow Springs :) Nurburgring has many slow speed sections, where lower initial might be more suitable ( depend on the driving style ).

Dietrich, Pete05 and ChauMing803 like this.
  6. ChauMing803

ChauMing803

Thanks for helping me out even when you are so busy!That helps me know much more about what racing really is.It seems that I have grown even more interest in track racing instead of just touge duel.Being a guy in love with motorsports because of Initial D,Nurburgring has long been my favourite track with its steepness.Yet onl

Edit:sorry for posting incomplete message.I pressed the wrong button...the whole is right down below!:-D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  7. ChauMing803

ChauMing803

Thanks for solving my questions once again when when you are so busy!

It seems I should be obedient for now and take you advice:$ Being a guy who is in love with motorsports because of Initial D,Nurburgring has always been my favorite because of its steepness,though now I am growing more interest in track races instead of just touge duel.Racing seems much more sophisticated than I thought,and I will certainly continue to learn about it,and become a better driver one day!B-)

One more thing,just out of curiosity.Among pure tracks and touge,which kind are you in favour of more?And why?;-)

8. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

My PC stays on 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, which is why you will always see my avatar online :) But I don't always in front of my PC :lol: I have work / stuff to do. I haven't got a chance to play GT6 again since last time building VW Scirocco for about an hour. I still have 2 cars that should have been posted by now :( Sorry guys.

I like all kinds of courses, from hill climb, road course, mountain pass, wangan / highway and dirt track :p

Pete05 and ChauMing803 like this.
  9. ChauMing803

ChauMing803

Keep on with your amazing masterpiece!We are always willing to wait,cause as SONY's saying goes"Greatness awaits":-P Just post them up when you have finished the work in life.We are always ready!:-)

danbojte and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  10. CAMikaze

CAMikaze Premium

Other than keeping the weight at stock setting, I'm using this tune as a basis for my car in a Hot Hatch series in another forum. At a Pre-Season race earlier this week, I was able to finish in 2nd. Fingers crossed I can have such performances for the season which starts tonight. ;)

ADD-IT: Ridox, your location should actually be "Under the hood":sly:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Ridox2JZGTE and Pete05 like this.
  11. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Thank you for using my tune :) It's really good to hear the car works well for you. If you ever want more rotation, you can safely increase rear toe out withing range of the alignment spec :) IRL, club racer / track day junkies who drive FF cars often use rear toe out up to 3/8" or over 9mm :eek:, to get the rear end rotate aggressively.

Currently, I'm a mechanic at FITT BTCC Championship with pre season race in a couple of days. Using VW Scirocco at 304HP/1300kg/SS tire, it has rear toe out at -0.51.

Toe Angle: 0.10 -0.40 ( Front Toe In : 0.10 +- 0.15, Rear Toe In : 0.16 +- 0.56 ) - a good starting point.

You can probably use up to -0.56 rear toe out, don't be afraid to experiment up to -0.80, a sign to stop increasing rear toe out is when the car is too unstable when going straight or the rear start lose rotation after hitting apex ( mid to exit ).

Pete05 likes this.
  12. PatrisS136

PatrisS136

Car's overall good , big + for few LSD setups for different tracks

NOTE I've installed in Focus a custom rear wing - If it's installed I've had to have Downforce on low because high numbers makes car VERY UNDERSTEER.

NOTE 2 When using it in ~500 PP races for me it was better to remove ballast instead of higher power

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  13. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Hi GTP_Orido , big fan of your work. Do you know if the Aventador in game is true to real life (or close to it)? If not, do you plan to make a real life tune for it in the future?

Ridox2JZGTE, ChauMing803 and Pete05 like this.
  14. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

You can reduce understeer by using slight toe in at the front : 0.10, and rear toe out, example : -0.40 to -0.70.

I haven't planned anything yet, will have to do some research on the car. I have been very busy lately, not sure if I can post finished cars in the next few days :(

PatrisS136 and ThePDTX like this.
  15. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

I understand. Thanks for replying, and we all appreciate all the work you put into these tunes. :)

16. ALB123

ALB123

I don't think I've ever requested anything from you, @Ridox2JZGTE because I know how busy your personal life is. Plus, one thing I like about your garage is you expose me to a lot of cars that I otherwise would probably never choose to drive on my own. An Aventador replica would be fantastic!! I want to say that I looked up the gearing on a stock Aventador and I believe it was pretty much 100% match to what is in GT6. Don't hold me to that though...but I could have sworn it was.

Anyway, my point is, if you ever decide to do an Aventador replica I would be more than happy to build a new one and spend a few nights "testing" it for you! :lol: :D ;) :p

Keep up the great work. :tup:

Ridox2JZGTE and ThePDTX like this.
  17. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Both has been updated, the MC Stradale received Maserati Street Alignment Spec update, and the MC Trofeo has alternative suspension setup based on GT4 version.

Pete05 and danbojte like this.
  18. ALB123

ALB123

OMG Ridox... You just burned my corneas away!! That is an interesting color on that Maserati!! ;-) Again...I'm very sorry about misrepresenting your garage in that other thread. I know tuners reputations are very important if running a garage here on GTP and I would hate to ever mislead someone into thinking a tune exists in this garage that, in fact, does not exist as I advertised. :drool: :( :nervous: :bowdown:

I haven't purchased that Maserati yet... I think you've just given me the perfect excuse to treat myself to a nice, new ride. :D

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  19. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

It just mean I have to post the GTO stock version replica soon :lol:, the posted Wangan Midnight GTO is okay for high speed run, but would need revisit for tracks like Ascari. Feel free to try it just for fun :tup:

The car was also tested at Brands Hatch GP, and it drives well there, so maybe it will drive well at Ascari with less power/torque.

20. ALB123

ALB123

I don't have GT6 loaded right now, but I think what I remember doing was eliminating the Turbo Kit completely, moving the Power Limiter back to 100%. I think that might have left me with a few PP or two, so I was able to throw in Window Weight Reduction, just for fun. Anyway, the car performed very well for me. Keep in mind, I'm an average to very, very slightly above average on good days type of driver. I can't match your lap times, or Stotty's or SW's or any of them... But, I'll tell ya it really pulled well on that track. I have no doubt that you could substantially improve the setup specifically for Ascari, but it worked so well that I thought it worth advertising the tune.

Many times I use a published tune from various Tuner's who's tunes seem to fit my driving style on a Seasonal and it does alright, but nothing fantastic...so I won't name names in those instances because I don't want to possibly have someone criticize the tune if they don't like it - especially if small adjustments have to be made to get under Seasonal Event qualifications. Last night, I truly felt confident that people could benefit from trying your setup.

I know that you aim for real world performance and that's why I love your garage. I'll be honest - there are some times where as much as I love your tunes, if I'm having a bit of a struggle "winning" with my own setups, I will resort to some of the more generic tunes on GT6 that exploit GT6's physics because I know it will help me win and then I can flex my muscles and prance around like I just won the Indy 500. I felt so confident in your 288 GTO '84 Wangan Tune, which I incorrectly had labeled in my game as RIDOX REPLICA that I knew posting it in that thread would help the newer guys who are currently struggling.

Unfortunately, I was completely wrong about everything I said... HAHAHA Oh, I was so embarrassed when I hoped on my laptop and saw your correction. :banghead: On, another note...Did you see how I made a fool of myself in the La Sierra seasonal? Geez..what the heck was wrong with me last night? LOL!

Keep up the awesome work Ridox...

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  21. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

It's good to be on full spirit, the seasonals adds life span to the game :) Trying different cars and tunes is a good thing to do, improving driving skills and learn new things. Have you thought on trying the 599 ? I have a 599XX Evo replica, it's not really 100% complete as details of the real car very limited, but at least it drives decently even on comfort soft. Will need power adjustments for lower PP :D

Pete05 likes this.
  22. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

All 3 Ferrari F40 replica have been updated with official wheel alignment range from F40 Tech Manual.

danbojte likes this.
  23. ALB123

ALB123

I did try the Ferrari 599 last night. Such a powerful car. I forgot how heavy it was, compared to a few of the tuned Ferrari's I used previously in the event. I absolutely will try the 599XX setup sometime today!! :)

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  24. danbojte

danbojte

Harsk100 and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  25. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

danbojte likes this.
  26. danbojte

danbojte

Overall was good. I just have to view the replay of the second race. Anyway, @Lewis_Hamilton_ was flying. ;) :tup:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    Ridox2JZGTE and Lionheart2113 like this.
  27. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Nice :) Any reasons you have to view the 2nd race ? Did something happen ? Anyway, I hoped someone with capture card could upload at least one of the race or just some highlights of the 3 races :)

28. danbojte

danbojte

I had a bad start but maybe it was my fault. :odd: :tup:

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  29. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

There was a 3 wide scenario with @danbojte on the inside scrapping the wall and it came up to the end of the wall and there is that little piece that sticks out an inch or 2. Hitting that little outcrop was like you hit a wall head on. Had you not gone invisible both of our cars would only be worth scrap value cuz I was right behind you with nowhere to go.
    On a side note @Ridox2JZGTE I drove your Civic setup this morning and wow what a car. I was hitting sub 49.5xx's both on and offline within a couple of laps. Throughout all of the races yesterday I couldn't even get the Ford into the 49's and that was even with Stewy or Brian pulling me along. Great work!:bowdown:

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  30. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

There's a wall :confused: ?

Yeah, the civic was adapted from replica with main goal to stay consistent over long distance race, tire wear and ease of driving are the main factors that leads me to tune the alignment and LSD for better traction management + rotation.

Lionheart2113 likes this.