RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
There's a wall :confused: ?

Yeah, the civic was adapted from replica with main goal to stay consistent over long distance race, tire wear and ease of driving are the main factors that leads me to tune the alignment and LSD for better traction management + rotation.
Yeah, right at the exit of pit lane. Dans car was so fast on launch that it caught a lot of people off guard and 3 wide leading up to the first turn can't lead to good things. The inside car will get pinched coming up to the turn and IF all cars manage that bit, the outside car now becomes the unlucky one as all cars will swing left as if in sync with each other.

Well hello there good neighbor, I came across an internet site that might be of interest to you, you may already know of this of course but just in case here it is, http://fastestlaps.com/, they keep track of real car lap times from different tracks, they also give the position (rank), I hope that this can add a little help in your venture. By the way, I'm getting ready to start reviewing the Maserati's soon, just got to get a couple of million credits before :ouch:. ( I use a different car for every tune submitted, less chance of making some mistake on the setup). Take care and have a great day.

Well hello there good neighbor, I came across an internet site that might be of interest to you, you may already know of this of course but just in case here it is, http://fastestlaps.com/, they keep track of real car lap times from different tracks, they also give the position (rank), I hope that this can add a little help in your venture. By the way, I'm getting ready to start reviewing the Maserati's soon, just got to get a couple of million credits before :ouch:. ( I use a different car for every tune submitted, less chance of making some mistake on the setup). Take care and have a great day.

Thanks for the link :) I have used the times from there for reference, among other sources like car reviews, forums and blogs. Really need to find time to post cars, hopefully tomorrow.

Expert Level Ferrari Challenge|Ascari Full Track, 5 Laps|550 PP|SS

Nicks Forza Ferrari Dino 246 GT Customer Car
450 PP|SM|No Aids|ABS 1

Ascari Full Track.jpg Ascari Full Track_1.jpg Ascari Full Track_2.jpg Ascari Full Track_3.jpg Ascari Full Track_4.jpg Ascari Full Track_5.jpg Ascari Full Track_6.jpg Ascari Full Track_7.jpg Ascari Full Track_8.jpg Ascari Full Track_9.jpg Ascari Full Track_10.jpg Ascari Full Track_11.jpg
11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, Winning Overtake :lol: , Checkered Flag!

Excellent! Big pleasure! 👍​

Wow :eek: Amazing race there, 450PP on SM and beating 550PP SS race at Ascari with the infamous Enzo on steroids :bowdown:. Will you post this on the Seasonal Ascari thread, so maybe others can enjoy the Dino ? :) I see the paintjob is true to the replica, awesome looking Dino :cheers:

It's so great to see @danbojte promoting your tunes and Tuning Garage over in the Seasonal Event thread. At least I don't look like the only person screaming "Try his tunes! Try his tunes!" anymore haha :lol: I've really been working on some of the people in my Friend's List for GT6, explaining that a lot of the boredom can be removed by starting to drive replica tunes instead of tuning every car in your garage to feel exactly the same. Why even have multiple cars then?

I don't care how good you are (in real life). You can not make a Lamborghini Aventador drive like a Corvette Z06. It's just not going to happen. Yet, in GT6 with some tuning tricks you can make those cars drive very, very similar - almost identical. :crazy: :boggled:

If you're just trying to set the fastest possible lap for a Seasonal Event Super Lap - I totally get it. Knock yourself out. Do whatever you have to do, besides cheating, to get from Point A to Point B in as little time as possible. In the Seasonal racing events, however, the whole reason to pick one car over another is because of how that car performs versus the other. If you've got one of those highly touted cookie-cutter tunes (my name for them) applied to your car, there is a very good chance that the car doesn't even resemble the stock form of the car. All character is gone.

Some people ask me "then why do you tune at all? Just run each car 100% stock. You'll save a ton of credits to boot!" The answer is simple: PD more often than not gets the stock specifications wrong! It's easiest to spot in the Suspension Settings and Drivetrain Settings. You're telling me that every car on the planet comes with the same default toe and LSD settings? I don't think so... If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember Ridox stating that GT6 quite often gets the weight balance incorrect.

Actually, that brings up an interesting question, Ridox. With all of your experience building these replica vehicles, where would you say GT6 most often gets it wrong? Is it the suspension settings (if so, what specifically)? Is it the weight and/or weight-balance?

It's so great to see @danbojte promoting your tunes and Tuning Garage over in the Seasonal Event thread. At least I don't look like the only person screaming "Try his tunes! Try his tunes!" anymore haha :lol: I've really been working on some of the people in my Friend's List for GT6, explaining that a lot of the boredom can be removed by starting to drive replica tunes instead of tuning every car in your garage to feel exactly the same. Why even have multiple cars then?

I don't care how good you are (in real life). You can not make a Lamborghini Aventador drive like a Corvette Z06. It's just not going to happen. Yet, in GT6 with some tuning tricks you can make those cars drive very, very similar - almost identical. :crazy: :boggled:

If you're just trying to set the fastest possible lap for a Seasonal Event Super Lap - I totally get it. Knock yourself out. Do whatever you have to do, besides cheating, to get from Point A to Point B in as little time as possible. In the Seasonal racing events, however, the whole reason to pick one car over another is because of how that car performs versus the other. If you've got one of those highly touted cookie-cutter tunes (my name for them) applied to your car, there is a very good chance that the car doesn't even resemble the stock form of the car. All character is gone.

Some people ask me "then why do you tune at all? Just run each car 100% stock. You'll save a ton of credits to boot!" The answer is simple: PD more often than not gets the stock specifications wrong! It's easiest to spot in the Suspension Settings and Drivetrain Settings. You're telling me that every car on the planet comes with the same default toe and LSD settings? I don't think so... If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember Ridox stating that GT6 quite often gets the weight balance incorrect.

Actually, that brings up an interesting question, Ridox. With all of your experience building these replica vehicles, where would you say GT6 most often gets it wrong? Is it the suspension settings (if so, what specifically)? Is it the weight and/or weight-balance?

From my experience, almost all of the road cars in GT6 has at least one of the weight or suspension stats wrong :) Spring rate are usually the biggest gripe of mine, they are either too high or just plain incorrect. Then LSD, one example : the Lotus Esprit V8 has no LSD from factory, yet GT6 stock Esprit V8 has LSD, the same goes to Focus ST '13 :lol:

Weight balance/distribution is another, most cars in GT6 has more forgiving balance, RR car like Ruf BTR that should have more than 61% weight at the rear is given 42/58 if not mistaken, this happens a lot. FF cars with less weight at the front, the Mini Cooper is another example :) Then all of the generic alignment :grumpy: PD think it's funny to set them all the same :lol:

@ALB123 Well said. 👍

Edit: But, let's imagine PD does all the numbers and settings perfectly, like IRL? What we (me, you two etc.) do? :rolleyes: :)
Don't worry:nervous:, that's not about to happen soon:crazy:, and then there will always be all the race clubs around the world that have there own specifications for races, you might be very old by the time you emulate all of them. :lol:

PS @ Ridox2JZGTE, there's going to be a new race car series in 2015, Nissan are sponsoring a one make race season here in Quebec, all identical cars, tuned by the same shop, there making this a budget conscious car race, they'll be using race modified Micra's, the car should cost about $20.000 (canadian money ) so for anybody else in this world this should be peanuts, they figure it should cost an extra $15 000 for the season (gas,tires,repairs and travel) Since the shop is close by to where I work, I'll try to see if they could give me all the race car specs so that we could make a replica. :cheers:

Don't worry:nervous:, that's not about to happen soon:crazy:, and then there will always be all the race clubs around the world that have there own specifications for races, you might be very old by the time you emulate all of them. :lol:

PS @ Ridox2JZGTE, there's going to be a new race car series in 2015, Nissan are sponsoring a one make race season here in Quebec, all identical cars, tuned by the same shop, there making this a budget conscious car race, they'll be using race modified Micra's, the car should cost about $20.000 (canadian money ) so for anybody else in this world this should be peanuts, they figure it should cost an extra $15 000 for the season (gas,tires,repairs and travel) Since the shop is close by to where I work, I'll try to see if they could give me all the race car specs so that we could make a replica. :cheers:

Sure thing :) I may have made tommy kaira M13 replica long ago, can't really remember :lol:

Hi guys, I just stopped by to see if any of the regulars would recommend any of Ridox's Ferrari replicas for the Ascari seasonal but I see @danbojte has done so already. Nicely won by the way:bowdown: Nice picture board too:tup: I've ran this race about a dozen times and that's usually how I take the lead aswell. That Enzo driver really doesn't like that corner much does he.:lol:

I'll give the Dino a try. It might be a bit to much to ask for my limited talent with a 100pp deficit, but we'll see.

I'm guessing the most of the rest should be pretty easy wins then?

Oh, almost forgot. Ridox, I see you have done a replica for the Mines R32, but I didn't see if you've got one for the R34, was I just being blind?

NICKS FORZA FERRARI DINO 246 GT '71 ( Street / Track )

Tuned to replicate Nicks Forza Ferrari Dino 246 GT Customer Car
Comfort Soft / Sports Hard

CAR : Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Tire : Comfort Soft or Sports Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 251 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 206.7 ft-lb at 6100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97%
Weight: 1080 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 46 / 54 as stock
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
Oil change
Wheels : Standard Size - Stock
Car Paint : Cafe Au Lait

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Street )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 115 115
Spring Rate: 5.37 4.47
Dampers (Compression): 7 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.1 0.1
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Street ) -
1.09 UPDATE

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 5.37 4.47
Dampers (Extension): 6 8
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17

Ferrari Alignment Range for Street / Track - HIGHLY Recommended to run with Track Pack Springs ( 7.73 / 6.44 )
Camber Angle : 0.2 1.1 ( Camber Front Range : 0.16 +- 0.16, Camber Rear Range : 1.1 +- 1.4 )
Toe Angle : 0.03 0.41 ( Toe In Front Range : 0.03 to 0.16, Toe In Rear range : 0.41 to 0.53 )

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Track Pack ) -
Ferrari Alignment

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.73 6.44
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.03 0.41

For stiffer spring rate ( track pack ) use : front : 7.73 and rear 6.44 ( recommended for Nordschleife/Ascari/Willow Springs etc ) or front : 9.27 and rear 7.73 ( less bumpy track / High Speed Ring/ SSR5 / SSR7 / Tokyo etc)

For even sharper handling, suitable for tarmac / dirt rally racing : front : 8.19 and rear : 10.65 ( care necessary as the car will be more responsive and wild )

LSD - ZF 2 way high preload
Initial Torque : 26
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Alternate LSD for looser handling-Highly RECOMMENDED
Acceleration Sensitivity: 26
Braking Sensitivity: 26

Brake Balance:
7/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 7/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I made this replica to replicate a what if version of a Nicks Forza Ferrari customer car who wants to do track racing with a Dino 246. The base custom coilover has soft spring rate, yet provides ample improvement over stock Dino suspension. While the stiffer rates are meant for higher speeds of track racing and higher grip tires. The car was tuned and tested both at Tsukuba and Nordschleife.
With 250+HP, the car is quick, agile and very rewarding to drive around the track :D

UPDATE 1.09 : Added Ferrari Alignment Range, revised rear damper extension for more stable rear and better traction from mid to exit. Updated Camber on original setup to 1.0 all around. Added Alternate LSD with more freedom / loose, highly recommended for less experienced driver

The Nicks Forza Dino 246 GT has been updated with new camber for original setup, revised rear damper extension, added Ferrari Alignment and alternate LSD for easier driving :)

Highly recommend this for Ascari :

Suspension - NICKS FORZA FERRARI Custom Coilover ( Track Pack ) -
1.09 Update

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 7.73 6.44
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.0 ( OPTIONAL Ferrari Alignment F 0.2 R 1.1 )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.17 ( OPTIONAL Ferrari Alignment 0.03 0.41 )

and LSD :

Alternate LSD for looser handling-Highly RECOMMENDED
Acceleration Sensitivity: 26
Braking Sensitivity: 26

I am so excited to try out this Dino tune, Ridox... I'm going to setup my wheel & pedals in just a minute and get to work. Then it's off to the Ferrari Challenge with my newly spec'ed Nick Forza Dino 246 GT! 👍 I'll be back with a review once I've put a fair amount of time into it.

I am so excited to try out this Dino tune, Ridox... I'm going to setup my wheel & pedals in just a minute and get to work. Then it's off to the Ferrari Challenge with my newly spec'ed Nick Forza Dino 246 GT! 👍 I'll be back with a review once I've put a fair amount of time into it.

Be brave with the gas, the Dino can almost stay full throttle on most corners at the last half of the track ( after the sharp left turn ). Try with 450PP, I think you can win 👍

Holy crap! I just won the Ferrari Challenge driving the Nicks Forza Dino 246 GT Replica! No way did I think I was going to win this race... This might be my greatest victory in GT6 so far. I didn't think I would have the power to get past that damn Enzo, but on Lap 5 I got him at the 90 degree left turn, before the back-side straights (with the right hand kink). I've done a LOT of passing at that corner during my runs of this event. Anyway, I finally got him and was able to hold him off. This car can just zip right through the chicanes like nothing and you are right, you can pretty much hold your foot to the floor from that 90 degree left hand turn onward. Of course, for tight corners you must downshift and brake, but otherwise, she's going to hold the pavement.

I was so pleasantly surprised by how well this car drove. I knew I was at a severe disadvantage when it came to power, but I more than made up for it in nimbleness. Steering is light, but quick and responsive. My best lap was only a 2:16.xxx but I'm certain a better skilled driver can push this thing even harder than I did. My first couple of laps were spent getting used to the setup. When I rerun this event with this Nicks Forza Dino, I'm sure I will run my lines better. You drive this course much differently in this lightweight Dino 246 GT compared to the Ferrari 599, that's for sure!

I must confess that I didn't tune this 100% according to your specifications. I forgot to lower the limiter to 97%. Therefore, I was running this car at 456PP. I don't know if I did an oil change on this car before hand. For some reason, even when I lower it to 97% Power, I am still a few HP higher than your specs. I hate these stupid oil changes and how they give you magical HP increases. Hopefully PD stops that with GT7. Everything else was set exactly to your tune. That was just an honest oversight. I wasn't looking for extra power, although I think I'm lucky I had it. The way the Enzo was on my back bumper on that final lap, I think I needed every HP I could squeeze out of her. :D

Of course I decided to go with the 1.09update Track Pack suspension with 1.0/1.0 camber all around. This car isn't afraid to slide a little bit, if you want/need it to, but it will also stay firmly planted to the pavement if you drive it smoothly. Also, I went with the 26/26/26 LSD settings. For my driving style, I think a little bit looser LSD is easier for me to control. If you can handle 26/30/30 LSD settings then go for it! Frankly, I think the lower Braking Sensitivity is well worth installing the "loose" LSD.

1080kg is why this car can seemingly float through chicanes and all you need to do is point the nose of the car and press go. She will listen to you. If you feel the car moving laterally, just stay on the gas, she will bite that pavement eventually. I definitely think I found my new 450PP machine. I will get it straightened out and then I will be able to say that I have my Nicks Forza Replica tuned 100% exactly as dictated. 👍

Here is a part of my method to tuning cars in GT6 - this is posted at Stratos Difficult Car thread :

With spring rate set/chosen, time to tune the rest of the suspension ( Deciding the spring rate also can be done in similar method as with damper below - the higher the grip of the tire, the harder the spring, running racing tires with very soft spring is not advisable )

Damper, here is a simple step that I adapted from the method that I did in real world, start off with all at lowest value, this includes compression, extension, ARB, and zero toe as well as camber. Drive the car on the track where you can be consistent and has variety corners to highlight the car's weakness easily. I would suggest to set the LSD to 5/5/5 first.

Now, make changes to rear compression only, change to max at 10, and drive for several laps, make a note of how the car handle, go back and reduce by 2, 8 then 6 then 4 and so on, this will take time, so use shorter track if you prefer. Once you feel the rear has better traction and rides the bumps well, continue to adjusting the rear extension, set it at max, then one click higher than compression, then same as compression and 1/2 click lower. Make a note of each setting handling, choose one which gives better stability under acceleration on mid corner and exits. Also pay attention to how the car rotates when braking and turning. Now onto the front damper, with the rear setup done, do the same on the front compression, make a note of each value, how the car behaved under braking, hitting bumps, changing directions and corner entry grip. Set to the value that gives the best feel. Then do the extension, find one that gives good braking ability, less understeer/push on entry.

Now the damper is done, time for the ARB, as they are set at 1 front and back, the car will have some roll ( depend on the weight, chassis and spring rate strength ). Increase rear to max, and drive the car, notice how the rear has less roll and much more responsive, but usually becomes tight on the limit. Same steps, reduce and drive until you find a value that feels responsive but give the car good rotation. Do the same with front ARB, at max, it should be responsive but very tight when entering mid/high speed, find the spot that balance the response and entry rotation.

For camber, any value above 0.0 will reduce grip, so use that to your advantage, if you have FF car that still lack in rotation for example, use front 0.0 and rear at 0.5 or above - I don't recommend to go above 1.5, as usually it starts to hit cornering speed and the rear loses grip too easily. For the Stratos, if the front tires is too grippy, use 0.2 for a start, I don't recommend higher than 1.0 as it will be detrimental to front tire grip causing understeer and lower cornering speed.

Toe : I usually use real world alignment and there's should be no need to use high value if the spring, damper, ARB and camber sorted out. I never use more than toe in or out of 0.30. For FF car, 0.10 toe out or less is usually enough with neutral rear at 0.00. Use both toe in for Stratos - as IRL, Stratos HF Stradale owners used front toe in and neutral rear or same toe in as front ( 1mm to 2mm ), don't go too high as it will induce understeer, 0.15 to 0.19 toe in is more than enough IMO.

Enjoyed reading how you tune, especially since Ive been trying to find a good way to do it for quite a few years now :P I was just wondering, when you're tuning the dampers, you set everything to the softest and then start at the rear extension going from hard and working your way down, but at the max setting wouldn't this create a big imbalance compared to the how the rest of the damping settings are. As in when setting the rear extension to its highest setting, surely you'll never find that that was the best setting to have since everything else will be too soft for it. If all the settings were hard when the rear extension was set to hard it would feel better than everything else at soft. I don't know if my point is coming across, it makes sense in my head but its hard to pass it in writing! :P

Anyway I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, if it did make sense, and say good job with all the cars and keep it up, just found this post and it looks like I'll have a lot of fun testing them all (mostly all :P) out, so thank you! : )

:cheers:What the.... Ok, I take it back, seemingly I can win that Ascari race in the Nick Forza Dino 246 GT replica with a 100pp defecit. Using just ABS1 (Can't quite manage to give ABS up using Square for brake):D

I took down both the Street version (1.09 update) and the track pack versions and gave them both a run out. The first run in the Street version I was all over the place until lap 3, but I got used to the car and managed a 3rd on SH tyres. For run 2 I stuck on SM and got the win, passing the Enzo in the looping left after he went off in the tight right-hander before it on lap 5.

After doing another run for fun, I tried out the "Track pack"... Still on SM tyres.

That set-up is just phenomenal, I struggled a bit on corner exit with the street version bit this was just so grippy. I took the lead 3/4 of the way round lap 4 and didn't look back.

Thanks for your time and effort putting this replica together. Superb job Ridox! One of the best driving cars I've tried in a while, by far.👍:cheers:

I just need to get me some Cafe au-lair paint to finish her off and it's in into my favourites garage.:)

Holy crap! I just won the Ferrari Challenge driving the Nicks Forza Dino 246 GT Replica! No way did I think I was going to win this race... This might be my greatest victory in GT6 so far. I didn't think I would have the power to get past that damn Enzo, but on Lap 5 I got him at the 90 degree left turn, before the back-side straights (with the right hand kink). I've done a LOT of passing at that corner during my runs of this event. Anyway, I finally got him and was able to hold him off. This car can just zip right through the chicanes like nothing and you are right, you can pretty much hold your foot to the floor from that 90 degree left hand turn onward. Of course, for tight corners you must downshift and brake, but otherwise, she's going to hold the pavement.

I was so pleasantly surprised by how well this car drove. I knew I was at a severe disadvantage when it came to power, but I more than made up for it in nimbleness. Steering is light, but quick and responsive. My best lap was only a 2:16.xxx but I'm certain a better skilled driver can push this thing even harder than I did. My first couple of laps were spent getting used to the setup. When I rerun this event with this Nicks Forza Dino, I'm sure I will run my lines better. You drive this course much differently in this lightweight Dino 246 GT compared to the Ferrari 599, that's for sure!

I must confess that I didn't tune this 100% according to your specifications. I forgot to lower the limiter to 97%. Therefore, I was running this car at 456PP. I don't know if I did an oil change on this car before hand. For some reason, even when I lower it to 97% Power, I am still a few HP higher than your specs. I hate these stupid oil changes and how they give you magical HP increases. Hopefully PD stops that with GT7. Everything else was set exactly to your tune. That was just an honest oversight. I wasn't looking for extra power, although I think I'm lucky I had it. The way the Enzo was on my back bumper on that final lap, I think I needed every HP I could squeeze out of her. :D

Of course I decided to go with the 1.09update Track Pack suspension with 1.0/1.0 camber all around. This car isn't afraid to slide a little bit, if you want/need it to, but it will also stay firmly planted to the pavement if you drive it smoothly. Also, I went with the 26/26/26 LSD settings. For my driving style, I think a little bit looser LSD is easier for me to control. If you can handle 26/30/30 LSD settings then go for it! Frankly, I think the lower Braking Sensitivity is well worth installing the "loose" LSD.

1080kg is why this car can seemingly float through chicanes and all you need to do is point the nose of the car and press go. She will listen to you. If you feel the car moving laterally, just stay on the gas, she will bite that pavement eventually. I definitely think I found my new 450PP machine. I will get it straightened out and then I will be able to say that I have my Nicks Forza Replica tuned 100% exactly as dictated. 👍

:cheers:What the.... Ok, I take it back, seemingly I can win that Ascari race in the Nick Forza Dino 246 GT replica with a 100pp defecit. Using just ABS1 (Can't quite manage to give ABS up using Square for brake):D

I took down both the Street version (1.09 update) and the track pack versions and gave them both a run out. The first run in the Street version I was all over the place until lap 3, but I got used to the car and managed a 3rd on SH tyres. For run 2 I stuck on SM and got the win, passing the Enzo in the looping left after he went off in the tight right-hander before it on lap 5.

After doing another run for fun, I tried out the "Track pack"... Still on SM tyres.

That set-up is just phenomenal, I struggled a bit on corner exit with the street version bit this was just so grippy. I took the lead 3/4 of the way round lap 4 and didn't look back.

Thanks for your time and effort putting this replica together. Superb job Ridox! One of the best driving cars I've tried in a while, by far.👍:cheers:

I just need to get me some Cafe au-lair paint to finish her off and it's in into my favourites garage.:)

:embarrassed: Awesome race winning runs :cheers: I knew the Dino is good enough to beat that Enzo :dopey: Really glad @danbojte found the gem and shared it with us. Thank you for the review/feedback and keep on winning :cool:

Enjoyed reading how you tune, especially since Ive been trying to find a good way to do it for quite a few years now :P I was just wondering, when you're tuning the dampers, you set everything to the softest and then start at the rear extension going from hard and working your way down, but at the max setting wouldn't this create a big imbalance compared to the how the rest of the damping settings are. As in when setting the rear extension to its highest setting, surely you'll never find that that was the best setting to have since everything else will be too soft for it. If all the settings were hard when the rear extension was set to hard it would feel better than everything else at soft. I don't know if my point is coming across, it makes sense in my head but its hard to pass it in writing! :P

Anyway I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, if it did make sense, and say good job with all the cars and keep it up, just found this post and it looks like I'll have a lot of fun testing them all (mostly all :P) out, so thank you! : )

The main aim to set all to soft is to get a baseline feel of the car with minimum damper strength and adjust accordingly to the car/driver needs. Soft front compression allows max weight transfer under braking, increasing front grip, soft front extension allows the weight to be transferred back when on throttle as quick as possible. For rear compression, lowest setting gives the softest ride, riding bumps with ease, the weight can be transferred more when on throttle with lateral load weight changes at the highest as well. Rear Extension main function is to hold the weight longer the higher the value. I highly recommend to start with all on lowest and then start to increase the rear compression first until the car started to have more rotation desired and not skipping over bumps ( just right, not too soft and too hard ), then go to the rear extension. Lower extension than compression at the rear will generally increase oversteer / rotation as the weight are moved quicker, easily tested on FF car when combined with low front compression and higher front extension :)

Higher front compression/extension values usually gives better steering response as well, too high will cause understeer, finding a sweet spot will improve braking entry and mid corner. High rear compression / low extension increase oversteer, while lower compression / high extension increase understeer. This is not rule of thumb, but the general effect. You can still alter them with spring rate values ( softer front or softer rear ), then after damper is done, time to hit the ARB. Higher front ARB increase steering sharpness, less lateral movement, too high will cause understeer. Higher rear ARB increase oversteer, lower value allows better traction / grip and slower reaction, too low can cause too much lateral load on outside tire ( heat up too quickly ), often on soft rear spring.

Hope those can help you understand more :) An easy car to play with, is a low powered FF like Honda Fit.

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera SP Engineering LP570-4 Replica
Real World Setup

Tuned to replicate Gallardo SL LP570-4 with SP Engineering Coilover
Twin Ring Motegi Best Motoring Lap Record
Comfort Soft

gallardosl70.jpg

CAR : Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 '08
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - Official Dry Weight
Horsepower: 562 HP / 570 PS at 8200 RPM
Torque : 398.5 ft-lb at 6700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.3%
Weight: 1340 kg
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 552

Specs - Tested Curb Weight / Car & Driver + Best Motoring
Weight: 1558 kg
Ballast : 148 kg
Ballast Position : 11
Performance Points: 539

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size ENKEI RP03-TypeRC or
RAYS 57Extreme or OZ Racing Ultraleggera or OZ Racing Superfogiata or RAYS 57XV in Dark Gray or Black
Aero : Custom Wing Type B
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca, Black or Nero Noctis, Green, Yellow or White

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1 ( Official Dry Weight ONLY ) - Remove for Curb Weight

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_178.jpg

BASE - HIGHLY Recommended
Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit - SWIFT Springs with Factory Alignment Range
Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 10.30 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.03 0.06 or 0.06 0.12

Alternative Options :

Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit with - SWIFT Springs Factory Alignment Range
Base

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.4 1.2

Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit - SWIFT Springs with Factory Alignment Range
Low Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.7 1.3

TESTED AT TWIN RING MOTEGI ROAD COURSE, HIGH SPEED RING & RED BULL RING
Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit - SWIFT Springs with Aggressive Track
Alignment Range - High Camber - Technical/Twisty Low Speed Track

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 88 88
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1
Camber Angle: 2.7 2.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

Alignment Range - High Camber - Medium Speed Track

Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2

Alignment Range - High Camber - High Speed Track

Front, Rear

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_186.jpg

LSD - 2 way Lamborghini Viscous Traction System Rear LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 27
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 28

AERO
Rear : 20

Brake Balance:
8/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Gallardo SL LP570-4 has 570PS or 562HP, with extensive carbon fibre lighweight body parts, tipping the scale at official dry weight figure of 1340kg and 43/57 weight distribution. The Best Motoring lap with the car based on the info gathered has curb / test weight at 1558 kg, similar to Car & Driver test weight.

I used SP Engineering Coilover Kit with Swift Springs, spring rate for the suspension at the front : 10.30 Kg/mm (576.8lb/in) and rear: 12.00 Kg/mm (672lb/in). I have set the damper and ARB to give slight trait of understeer but still have excellent balance from mid corner to exit, to reflect real life professional review of the car, a combination of Best Motoring's Hattori-san and Tsuchiya-san impression and Alain Prost's review in a magazine test.

I have used factory range alignment on camber and toe, this is mild setup aimed for balance on the street and track, giving even wear. There are 3 preset camber with 2 choices of toe level. The Gallardo SL has 2 way rear LSD with 25% lock on acceleration and 40% lock on coast/overrun, while the front is open based on information gathered so far. The VT ( Viscous Tracion ) system under normal driving conditions provide 15% power up front and 85% rear, while under extreme/optimum conditions, the system sends up to 30% power to the front wheels when needed. I have set the GT6 LSD to reflect this, with initial torque set to provide unique locking transition giving around 40-45% lock overall. The LSD gives excellent traction and response to throttle, drive like a one would drive a Gallardo in real life would, be smooth and make use of the AWD system, a good throttle play will give slight oversteer on exit and neutral mid corner, heavy foot won't do :P

The Gallardo SL LP570-4 570PS SP Engineering replica was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Motegi Road Course, Willow Springs and Red Bull Ring. The real life record at Motegi Road Course is 2:08.657. I have tested the car extensively on 1558kg and medium camber. The car managed 2:07.3s at Twin Ring Motegi and 1:25.1s at Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

I have provided replays below of the run at Willow Springs and Twin Ring Motegi, enjoy.

I recommend to drive with 1558kg + medium camber or try the 1558kg + aggressive track high camber low speed setup at Twin Ring Motegi

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_185.jpg

Attachments

• GallardoSL5702m7sTwinRingMotegi.zip
    430.5 KB · Views: 16
  • GallardSL5701m25sWillowSprings.zip
    317.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Real World Setup

Tuned to replicate Gallardo SL LP570-4 with SP Engineering Coilover
Twin Ring Motegi Best Motoring Lap Record
Comfort Soft

CAR : Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 '08
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - Official Dry Weight
Weight: 1340 kg
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Performance Points: 552

Specs - Tested Curb Weight / Car & Driver + Best Motoring
Power Limiter at : 94.8%
Weight: 1558 kg
Ballast : 148 kg
Ballast Position : 11
Performance Points: 539

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size ENKEI RP03-TypeRC or
RAYS 57Extreme or OZ Racing Ultraleggera or OZ Racing Superfogiata or RAYS 57XV in Dark Gray or Black
Aero : Custom Wing Type B
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca, Black or Nero Noctis, Green, Yellow or White

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1 ( Official Dry Weight ONLY ) - Remove for Curb Weight

BASE - HIGHLY Recommended
Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.8 1.5

Alternative Options :

Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit with - SWIFT Springs Factory Alignment Range
Base

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.4 1.2

Low Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.7 1.3

TESTED AT TWIN RING MOTEGI ROAD COURSE, HIGH SPEED RING & RED BULL RING
Alignment Range - High Camber - Technical/Twisty Low Speed Track

Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1

Alignment Range - High Camber - Medium Speed Track

Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2

Alignment Range - High Camber - High Speed Track

Front, Rear

LSD - 2 way Lamborghini Viscous Traction System Rear LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 27
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 28

AERO
Rear : 20

Brake Balance:
8/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Gallardo SL LP570-4 has 570PS or 562HP, with extensive carbon fibre lighweight body parts, tipping the scale at official dry weight figure of 1340kg and 43/57 weight distribution. The Best Motoring lap with the car based on the info gathered has curb / test weight at 1558 kg, similar to Car & Driver test weight.

I used SP Engineering Coilover Kit with Swift Springs, spring rate for the suspension at the front : 10.30 Kg/mm (576.8lb/in) and rear: 12.00 Kg/mm (672lb/in). I have set the damper and ARB to give slight trait of understeer but still have excellent balance from mid corner to exit, to reflect real life professional review of the car, a combination of Best Motoring's Hattori-san and Tsuchiya-san impression and Alain Prost's review in a magazine test.

I have used factory range alignment on camber and toe, this is mild setup aimed for balance on the street and track, giving even wear. There are 3 preset camber with 2 choices of toe level. The Gallardo SL has 2 way rear LSD with 25% lock on acceleration and 40% lock on coast/overrun, while the front is open based on information gathered so far. The VT ( Viscous Tracion ) system under normal driving conditions provide 15% power up front and 85% rear, while under extreme/optimum conditions, the system sends up to 30% power to the front wheels when needed. I have set the GT6 LSD to reflect this, with initial torque set to provide unique locking transition giving around 40-45% lock overall. The LSD gives excellent traction and response to throttle, drive like a one would drive a Gallardo in real life would, be smooth and make use of the AWD system, a good throttle play will give slight oversteer on exit and neutral mid corner, heavy foot won't do :P

The Gallardo SL LP570-4 570PS SP Engineering replica was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Motegi Road Course, Willow Springs and Red Bull Ring. The real life record at Motegi Road Course is 2:08.657. I have tested the car extensively on 1558kg and medium camber. The car managed 2:07.3s at Twin Ring Motegi and 1:25.1s at Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

I have provided replays below of the run at Willow Springs and Twin Ring Motegi, enjoy.

I recommend to drive with 1558kg + medium camber or try the 1558kg + aggressive track high camber low speed setup at Twin Ring Motegi

Your putting them out to fast man:crazy:, I haven't even had time to try the Dino:embarrassed:, I'm finishing up your Gran Turismo S FA-460 review will have it out soon (I've got a little surprise for you:scared::scared::scared::scared:), will be contacting you soon for your help on my Replica, just need to organize my post sheet/pictures and clean up the spider webs in my garage before posting.

Have you tried using the right joy stick for gas/brake (up/down), it's helped me to be able to use abs0 with some decent results, it does take a while to get used to it, but once you get it you'll wonder how you ever lived without it, you'll be able to ease in the brakes and gas more evenly than by using the buttons. It would be fun if you would come and join us in "Car of the Month November" - Maserati Gran Turismo S, it's pretty informal and the people are great:cool:, we even have this guy (I can't name him 'cause the FED's are looking at his tunings, they think he uses illegal settings, but if it helps you his name starts with "R" and ends with "E") who submits Replica Tunes:ouch:, can you believe it? :lol:
:cheers: to you all, good day

Intermediate Level Night Track Challenge|Special Stage Route 5, 5 Laps|500 PP|SS
View attachment 250506 The Winning Overtake

500 PP (Power Limited)|CS|1558 kg|Track Alignment Range - High Camber|No Aids

But WOW! :D
View attachment 250505
Photo Finish
Excellent! 👍​

OMG :bowdown::eek: That is a very close finish, less than a feet maybe :embarrassed: Any particular issue on the Gallardo ? I intentionally tune it to be as close as possible to a review, slight understeer when pushed, but can tail out when the driver knows how/when to push the right button :P

OMG :bowdown::eek: That is a very close finish, less than a feet maybe :embarrassed: Any particular issue on the Gallardo ? I intentionally tune it to be as close as possible to a review, slight understeer when pushed, but can tail out when the driver knows how/when to push the right button :P
No issues in this configuration. I won with the street version too, but that one is a little nasty :) , the ride height and the camber difference is obvious in handling . 👍

No issues in this configuration. I won with the street version too, but that one is a little nasty :) , the ride height and the camber difference is obvious in handling . 👍

So, the street lower camber gives surprises :) Did it oversteer ?

@Lewis_Hamilton_ : I would love to hear your feedback on the Gallardo LP570-4, I read that you have driven the real car :D

Back