RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
I'm focusing my play time on Wangan Midnight cars now :) There are some cars need fixing, and I will post completed cars for the time being ( thinking Eclipse Ridox Supra, TRD Sports M Celica, and 370Z Fairlady Z Nismo - then some Jun Auto + HKS cars )

For the Alfa, you may be interested with some FF cars online race tune that I have built in the past months ( they have front heavy distribution and soft springs with very fast tire wear in mind + share similar toe ) I will be posting them one by one soon, 431+PP + 450PP for each car ( CS to RH ) Some rally cars / gymkhana / autox with FF layout that I have researched uses large amount of total rear toe out IRL which also adapted on these cars.

Last edited:
This will be an interesting thing to look into! :)

I'm not good but learning is always the way to go, and seeing from examples is even better!

R52 MINI COOPER S '05 TEIN DRIVING MASTER
TRACK, RALLY TARMAC & GRAVEL
ONLINE RACE 431PP + 450PP

Comfort Soft, Dirt, Snow to Racing Hard

Mid-Field Raceway_64.jpg

CAR : Mini Cooper S '05
Tire : Comfort Soft, Dirt, Snow to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 205 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque: 182.5 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.9%
Weight: 993 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 58/42
Performance Points: 431

Specs
Horsepower: 235 HP at 6700 RPM
Torque: 204.7 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 993 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 58/42
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build ) - OPTIONAL
Wheels : Standard / Stock or +2 Inch Up RAYS TE37 in Hugger Orange or GT6 Polarized 007
Car Paint : Hugger Orange.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - ONLY FOR 450PP
Intake Tuning - ONLY FOR 450PP
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Racing Brakes Kit - OPTIONAL
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - TEIN HG Rally Coil Over Kit - Base
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 103 105 ( increase front by 10 for better rotation )
Spring Rate: 2.80 4.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 3
Dampers (Extension): 3 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 7
Camber Angle: 0.2 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 -0.60

Suspension - TEIN Super Street Coil Over Kit
Optional Mild Track Setup

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 9.00 9.00 or Optional 7.00 / 7.00
Dampers (Compression): 3 4
Dampers (Extension): 4 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6

Suspension - TEIN Super Racing HT Coil Over Kit
Optional Hardcore Track Setup

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 12.00 10.00
Dampers (Compression): 3 3
Dampers (Extension): 6 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6

OPTIONAL
Track Toe Set for more stable rear : -0.08 0.00 ( rear zero toe )
Ride Height Range for Rally/Dirt/Snow : 119 mm to 150 mm ( Real life stock Mini ground clearance - Hatch - Convertible )
Mini Cooper S Factory Alignment :
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.5 ( Front Camber Range : -0.5 +- 0.41, Rear Camber Range : -1.5 +- 0.5 )
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.20 ( Per Side - Front Toe Range : 0.15 +- 0.04, Rear Toe Range : 0.20 +- 0.06 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed Xtrac 426 Sequential
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed at 180kmh / 112mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.333
5th 1.150
6th 1.000
Set Final : 4.000 - OPTIONAL Final 3.444 for more top speed ( Midfield ) + 3.100, 3.100, 3.800, 4.100, 4.444.

LSD 1 Way
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
A special tune made quite awhile ago for online race with power and weight limit as well as very fast tire wear. The rules were 437PP max, 208PS, 872kg limit and RH tire.

The tune originally made with racing hard tire in mind, but the build was ground up from comfort tires to ensure conformity in handling on a wide range of grip level. The tune was used by @danbojte in his online racing adventure in a club racing event, scoring multiple wins and podiums along the way.

The R52 Mini Cooper S 2005 in this build uses special range of TEIN Driving Master Coilover Kit. Ranging from Rally HG spec kit to Super Street to Super Racing kit for track use. Make no mistake, the base is Rally HG Kit, offering soft springs but well tuned dampers able to support racing hard tires. This gives very good life on the tires and forgiving for long distance races. The Base TEIN Rally HG kit already tasted victories in online races.

I also included additional alternative zero rear toe for more stable rear end, alternative ride height ( higher for rally ), and factory Mini Cooper S alignment for those who wanted to experience street Mini.

The gearing is based on Xtrac 6 speed, offering very good acceleration and spread. The optional final should be enough to cater high speed to twisty tracks. Higher final preferable for rally/snow tracks.

I tuned and tested originally at SSR5 Clubman ( the main track it was raced online ), and Tsukuba. On 431 PP ( original PP tune ) and RH tire ( race reg online ), it was capable of 57s at SSR5 Clubman. While recent test at Tsukuba & Midfield on CS tire, 450PP, TEIN HG Rally Kit set, 3.444 final, and zero rear toe, the Mini is capable of 1:05s at Tsukuba and 1:23s at Midfield :eek:

I included both lap replays at Tsukuba and Midfield, enjoy :cheers:

Attachments

• MiniTeinTsukuba1m5sCS.zip
    270.5 KB · Views: 9
  • MiniTeinMidfield1m23sCS.zip
    318.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Tsukuba TT: 1:06.081
No Aids, No ABS, BB: 5/10, 466 PP, CM Tyres
Specs Best Motoring,
Suspension - STi JDM Spec C Pink Springs Bilstein Damper - Base
JDM Factory Alignment.

View attachment 333245

Beautiful! :cheers:

Nice time 👍 and glad the car is beautiful to drive :D, I'm still on 1.16 after hearing about the custom transmission bug in 1.17 :( I recently started work on Kishida C1 Runner S2000 Wangan Midnight, as suggested @MyogiWarrior34 to use Amuse S2000 R1.

To get accurate result, I built a replica of the Amuse S2000 R1, with detailed infos available, from LSD, weight, gearing, suspension ( including alignment ), the car is very fun to drive. There are 2 setup ( Touge and Track ), each with differing spring rate, and 2 final drive ( old and new )

Tested mainly at SSR5, it was capable of 1:36s lap on CS tire at 260PS. I will build 400PS version for Kishida with high RPM turbo. The camber and toe are :crazy:

Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg

Special Stage Route 5.jpg

If I got it, we can't alter the final drive to adapt it for a specific track or another, right? When I use replicas, I don't alter the gears at all. 💡 Maybe I've missed something... :confused:

Edit: And, oh yes, the WRX is beautiful. 👍

This may shed more light on what happen in 1.17 :

You can still adjust the gearbox. What you can't do anymore is to set the final drive ratio without also setting the top speed after.

So if you first adjust top speed and then adjust final drive, the gearbox will return to a default setting.
If you first adjust final drive and then adjust top speed, your gearbox settings will be saved.

So, the procedure to set the gear box, while we wait for a bug fix to be implemented, would be:

1. Set final drive.
2. Set top speed.
3. Set individual gear ratios.

Edit: I think I may have found the culprit behind this. Check the gear ratios of the Alpine VGT, the 1st gear has a ratio of 13.660 and a final drive of 1.150. To make such extreme settings possible they may have been forced to tweak the transmission script and while they did that they accidentally broke something...

It's interesting though that it still seems to work online. Would that indicate that there's a different script for online racing, possibly more streamlined than the offline script?

So if I just follow RIDOX's tune,I can still just do things as usual?More to that,when I set the suspension to form the replicas,how should I do it?I don't really have a clue how to still tune after the update...:-P

So if I just follow RIDOX's tune,I can still just do things as usual?More to that,when I set the suspension to form the replicas,how should I do it?I don't really have a clue how to still tune after the update...:-P

The gearing may be affected :( Maybe as safety precaution, when using custom transmission, after setting to default, move the final by 1 value ( click ), eg 4.000 to 4.001 before changing top speed slider.

You can still adjust the gearbox. What you can't do anymore is to set the final drive ratio without also setting the top speed after.

So if you first adjust top speed and then adjust final drive, the gearbox will return to a default setting.
If you first adjust final drive and then adjust top speed, your gearbox settings will be saved.

So, the procedure to set the gear box, while we wait for a bug fix to be implemented, would be:

1. Set final drive.
2. Set top speed.
3. Set individual gear ratios.

For suspension, it's best to save specific tune/replica on separate tuning sheet ( either A, B or C ) and rename it. Put the other type of tune on a different sheet, that way you can easily move to different tune.

You need to set the final drive ratio first and you can't change it again in the end. So this tune:

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 6 Speed Xtrac 426 Sequential
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed at 180kmh / 112mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.333
5th 1.150
6th 1.000
Set Final : 4.000 - OPTIONAL Final 3.444 for more top speed ( Midfield ) + 3.100, 3.100, 3.800, 4.100, 4.444.

Would need to be changed to:

Set final to 4.000 (or the optional ratios)
Set auto max speed to 210 km/h (if you use the optional final ratio you need to set a higher auto max speed)
Adjust each gear:
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.333
5th 1.150
6th 1.000

Do that and it will work offline as well.

Can you make the Porsche 993 gt2 race car replica using the Ruf Btr? and a good setup

Attachments

• 15_144.jpg
    15_144.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 993-gt2-evo1-copyright-porsche-downloaded-from-stuttcars_com.jpg
    993-gt2-evo1-copyright-porsche-downloaded-from-stuttcars_com.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 993-GT2-Racecar-Front-Side-ISO.jpg
    993-GT2-Racecar-Front-Side-ISO.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 9
I am so upset about what has happened with transmissions in this v1.17 update. I haven't driven ANY of my tuned cars since the update because I don't want them getting reset to default values once I hit the pavement. I don't know what to do! :mad: :banghead: I have a very strange feeling that PD will NOT be changing things back to the way they used to be. I have no proof of this, it is just a guy feeling. Usually when they "break" something with an update they will address the issue via a message when we start up the game. They have not address this issue at all... :nervous:

This is going to affect the majority of my replica tunes from this Garage. :eek: Not cool, man...

I am so upset about what has happened with transmissions in this v1.17 update. I haven't driven ANY of my tuned cars since the update because I don't want them getting reset to default values once I hit the pavement. I don't know what to do! :mad: :banghead: I have a very strange feeling that PD will NOT be changing things back to the way they used to be. I have no proof of this, it is just a guy feeling. Usually when they "break" something with an update they will address the issue via a message when we start up the game. They have not address this issue at all... :nervous:

This is going to affect the majority of my replica tunes from this Garage. :eek: Not cool, man...
You know when reading this and looking at your avatar it does give the picture a little meaning :lol:. I'm sure they're working on it right now, in the mean time there are still things you can do, work on the suspensions, brakes and drive the cars that are not affected by this issue. I fully understand as I have quite a few cars and tests that were due to have work on the transmission :ouch:, 1 of them ready to be posted but just missing that :grumpy:, so instead I went chasing carrots on the seasonal's, worked on some abs/0 adjustment tests, and took out @Ridox2JZGTE Gallardo which has the stock transmission and tried and failed to beat his chrono's, (almost finished writing the review ), so there's still plenty to do too have fun until they fix it, and if they don't than
crying.jpeg
. :lol::lol::lol: :cheers:

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera SP Engineering LP570-4 Replica
Real World Setup

Tuned to replicate Gallardo SL LP570-4 with SP Engineering Coilover
Twin Ring Motegi Best Motoring Lap Record
Comfort Soft

CAR : Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 '08
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - Official Dry Weight
Horsepower: 562 HP / 570 PS at 8200 RPM
Torque : 398.5 ft-lb at 6700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.3%
Weight: 1340 kg
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 552

Car Setup CS - All Aids Off - BB 5/5

500PP Clubman Cup

Matterhorn:
Finished first with 12.280s on the M3GTR ’03. I really thought it would be closer since I was running on CS, also I raced as if it was a real race, no bumping or passing on the side, though accidents do happen :grumpy:. If this would have been real the car would have needed major repairs from the rock side walls, oops :crazy:.. On out off winding curves I usually would shift 1 gear up to limit tire spin. The cars F/R balance is excellent, my only issue was going down that long super fast down hill, yikes :crazy:, the first time down I was trying to pass and then the wheels locked up and then all hell broke loose and then it’s only a game and I was able to continue without a scratch or a concussion :rolleyes:. I will try to be more carefull on the next race.

Rome:
Finished first with 4.850s on the Lotus Esprit V8 SE ’98. Ran an ultra clean race, not even a fly splash on the car as you can see by the photos. The car is very balanced under braking, rotation is good. Took a few pictures at the end of the race too make sure I didn't put a scratch to it.
Circuito di Roma.jpg Circuito di Roma_1.jpg Circuito di Roma_2.jpg Circuito di Roma_3.jpg Circuito di Roma_4.jpgspotless after a 3 lap race.

Mount Panorama:

Very easy win :D, forgot to look at the time gap :dunce:, and except for the Skyline bumping me at the beginning, another very clean race. Going down the long straight I reached 300 kmh, the car was getting a real floating feeling, It’s exactly like I would imagine a car would do IRL, and I would never have the courage to be going that speed down a hill if it weren’t a driving simulator. For some strange reason I find the car gives more a sensation of grip when I use the cockpit view, could be just the deeper more bass responsive sound.

I found this a very stimulating experience :cool:, the car drives superbly as a IRL car would, I’ve added the pleasure of using my studio headphones and using the cockpit perspective, great fun. :cheers:

Last edited:
You need to set the final drive ratio first and you can't change it again in the end. So this tune:

Would need to be changed to:

Set final to 4.000 (or the optional ratios)
Set auto max speed to 210 km/h (if you use the optional final ratio you need to set a higher auto max speed)
Adjust each gear:
1st 3.000
2nd 2.067
3rd 1.625
4th 1.333
5th 1.150
6th 1.000

Do that and it will work offline as well.

Thanks for clearing it up :) So the final can't be touch again after setting it up 1st time :) . If the car has 5.224 final, then set it to 5.224 and play with top speed slider to get into the gear value range :D 👍

For the time being, you can use different method, by setting the target final first, then play with top speed slider to get into the gear value range. This may not work on all cars, so it's best to make a backup save first ( copy to PC ) and then try it. On most of my replicas, I often use default final first then change the final later on, while some of them alter the final first ( to certain value like 5.000 ) then adjust the top speed, now it's just have to be done in different steps.

You know when reading this and looking at your avatar it does give the picture a little meaning :lol:. I'm sure they're working on it right now, in the mean time there are still things you can do, work on the suspensions, brakes and drive the cars that are not affected by this issue. I fully understand as I have quite a few cars and tests that were due to have work on the transmission :ouch:, 1 of them ready to be posted but just missing that :grumpy:, so instead I went chasing carrots on the seasonal's, worked on some abs/0 adjustment tests, and took out @Ridox2JZGTE Gallardo which has the stock transmission and tried and failed to beat his chrono's, (almost finished writing the review ), so there's still plenty to do too have fun until they fix it, and if they don't than View attachment 333557. :lol::lol::lol: :cheers:

I hope PD will release a hotfix soon :) I saw someone post GT Facebook post saying they tested it and will do something about it :)

Car Setup CS - All Aids Off - BB 5/5

500PP Clubman Cup

Matterhorn:
Finished first with 12.280s on the M3GTR ’03. I really thought it would be closer since I was running on CS, also I raced as if it was a real race, no bumping or passing on the side, though accidents do happen :grumpy:. If this would have been real the car would have needed major repairs from the rock side walls, oops :crazy:.. On out off winding curves I usually would shift 1 gear up to limit tire spin. The cars F/R balance is excellent, my only issue was going down that long super fast down hill, yikes :crazy:, the first time down I was trying to pass and then the wheels locked up and then all hell broke loose and then it’s only a game and I was able to continue without a scratch or a concussion :rolleyes:. I will try to be more carefull on the next race.

Rome:
Finished first with 4.850s on the Lotus Esprit V8 SE ’98. Ran an ultra clean race, not even a fly splash on the car as you can see by the photos. The car is very balanced under braking, rotation is good. Took a few pictures at the end of the race too make sure I didn't put a scratch to it.
View attachment 333588 View attachment 333589 View attachment 333590 View attachment 333591 View attachment 333592spotless after a 3 lap race.

Mount Panorama:

Very easy win :D, forgot to look at the time gap :dunce:, and except for the Skyline bumping me at the beginning, another very clean race. Going down the long straight I reached 300 kmh, the car was getting a real floating feeling, It’s exactly like I would imagine a car would do IRL, and I would never have the courage to be going that speed down a hill if it weren’t a driving simulator. For some strange reason I find the car gives more a sensation of grip when I use the cockpit view, could be just the deeper more bass responsive sound.

I found this a very stimulating experience :cool:, the car drives superbly as a IRL car would, I’ve added the pleasure of using my studio headphones and using the cockpit perspective, great fun. :cheers:

Why is the wing still black ? :lol: Thank you for the review and kudos for winning races with no aids 👍

Can you make the Porsche 993 gt2 race car replica using the Ruf Btr? and a good setup

RUF BTR is 930, if that's okay with you, maybe I can spare time to research and built it, not sure when I will post it as I'm busy working on Wangan Midnight cars.

Thanks for clearing it up :) So the final can't be touch again after setting it up 1st time :) . If the car has 5.224 final, then set it to 5.224 and play with top speed slider to get into the gear value range :D 👍

For the time being, you can use different method, by setting the target final first, then play with top speed slider to get into the gear value range. This may not work on all cars, so it's best to make a backup save first ( copy to PC ) and then try it. On most of my replicas, I often use default final first then change the final later on, while some of them alter the final first ( to certain value like 5.000 ) then adjust the top speed, now it's just have to be done in different steps.

I hope PD will release a hotfix soon :) I saw someone post GT Facebook post saying they tested it and will do something about it :)

Why is the wing still black ? :lol: Thank you for the review and kudos for winning races with no aids 👍

RUF BTR is 930, if that's okay with you, maybe I can spare time to research and built it, not sure when I will post it as I'm busy working on Wangan Midnight cars.
Sure

Tuned to replicate Top Fuel ZERO 1000 Civic Turbo Type R EK9 388PS
featured in Best Motoring Tuned Car Battle ( S Tire )-Sports Medium

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - ATS Cross Mission 5 Speed with 4.400 Final
LARGE Module 1-3-4-5

LSD ( ATS Carbon Spec IV 1.5 way high preload )

The real car is capable of 1:02.57 at Tsukuba

if one can post close lap time to real lap time with the 3.6 front camber, then the FF beast is tamed

Tsukuba - Best lap: 1:02.547. No Aids, No ABS.

Tsukuba Circuit.jpg

Tamed. :cheers:

Edit: Front Camber: 3.6. :D

Last edited:
Just one more thing,I keep seeing people say their suspension settings are gone.Does that mean if I use the car with RIDOX's tune,the suspension will be reset to default?

Just one more thing,I keep seeing people say their suspension settings are gone.Does that mean if I use the car with RIDOX's tune,the suspension will be reset to default?

I haven't updated to 1.17, so I don't know if suspension settings are also affected in similar ways to the transmission bug :( The best way is to backup your save game to USB disk just in case.

I haven't updated to 1.17, so I don't know if suspension settings are also affected in similar ways to the transmission bug :( The best way is to backup your save game to USB disk just in case.
And is that so for transimission from what you know?I only tried the VGTs and didn't get to play after that:$

Back