RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Ridox2JZGTE, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

:D The M3 GTS uses BMW official document weight figure ( DIN ), I used as I felt it was good enough, about 300lbs less than most tested M3 at 1660+kg.

The Car & Driver M3 GTS at 3550 lbs / 1610 kg might be test weight, just like Road & Track listed test weight of M3 at 3850 lb / 1746 kg, so they are about right too :D There are always variances in weight report, form manufacturer to road tests. A lot things can cause this, from different trim levels, optional features, fuel level, and whether driver is included or not. I haven't tested GTS against real life lap time to see how it stands with 1530kg, but the M3 at 1747kg is still a bit quicker than real life.

The M3 Nurb GP D real life lap of 1:44.86 I can safely assume was done on lightened M3 BMW Rep car and might also be using Michelin Pilot Cup tires as the the M3 needs SH to beat it and at Nurb GP F RL record at 2:28.23 can be easily beaten on CS tire in GT6 with 1747kg ( I missed 1kg )

BMW M3 GTS RL lap record at Nurb GP F : 2:21.06, this may be able to be replicated on CS tire with 1530kg.

This is just one of many test report sheet of M3 that has varied weight and distribution :

BMWM3SM08.JPG

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Harsk100, Thorin Cain and ALB123 like this.
  2. danbojte

danbojte

Now it's my turn to not receiving alerts from here. :irked: :mad:

TurnLeft and Thorin Cain like this.
  3. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

I think Ridox has caller ID switched off :lol:

Pete05, TurnLeft and danbojte like this.
  4. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I also often do not receive alerts on some threads :(

Thorin Cain and TurnLeft like this.
  5. danbojte

danbojte

I think Jordan is doing a lot of things, a lot of times, to the site... :ouch:

6. TurnLeft

TurnLeft

Well it's good and bad news, the good news is that I haven't been put on the ignore list :lol:, the bad news is you guys are also having the same problems :odd:.

danbojte and Thorin Cain like this.
  7. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Can't be easy keeping all of us big kids in check:lol:

danbojte and TurnLeft like this.
  8. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Gremlins
    :lol:

9. danbojte

danbojte

:lol: :cheers:

Pete05, TurnLeft and Thorin Cain like this.
  10. danbojte

danbojte

[​IMG]
    2015 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX
    Kuala Lumpur

:cheers:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Ridox2JZGTE and TurnLeft like this.
  11. ALB123

ALB123

The AUTO Motorsport Mag EU Spec Ferrari F40 Replica is easily one of my favorite tunes in Ridox's Garage. If you haven't built it yet, do yourself a favor and do so as soon as you have time.

Anyway, the reason I am writing is because I think I found a way to drive this car, exactly as Ridox's build goes, even with the v1.17 transmission bug affecting the tranny flip which is used in this replica build. Here's all I did:

Select the Custom Gearbox
    Make sure it's reset to default
    Set Final Gear to 3.620
    Set Max Speed to 217
    Set 1st - 2.769
    Set 2nd - 1.722
    Set 3rd - 1.227
    Set 4th - 0.963
    Set 5th - 0.767

That's it. All you're doing is skipping the initial setting of FG to 4.000 and the Max Speed slider to 193 mph. The lines are exactly the same the way I've set my transmission and now I can drive this beauty without fear of that stupid transmission bug resetting my ratios. :tup:

Ridox2JZGTE, Thorin Cain and TurnLeft like this.
  12. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Just wondering, if I wanted to use this car as a base for building up a Premium Elise Sport 190, what settings you would recommend I use?

13. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I will have to research more, as the Elise S1 Manual I have only covers up to Sport 160 and Exige '00 :)

Sport 160: February '00
    SVA: VIN: Y 00601 to 00650.
    WVTA: VIN: Y 0651 onwards.
    First 50 cars with Single Vehicle Approval. Subsequent cars Whole Vehicle Type Approved. High performance derivative, based on 111S specification with 160 PS fixed valve timing engine. WVTA versions
    require airbox modification and sport exhaust fitment for full power release. Other features include new engine
    controller, sport suspension, 'race' wheels, plinth mounted rear aerofoil, Alcantara trimmed seats and steering
    wheel pad, body decals.

The Engine is detailed a bit ( as track/competition ready package )

XA.2 - 190 VHPD ENGINE
    The 190 VHPD (Very High Performance Derivative) engine is designed for motorsport track use only, and
    may not comply with emission regulations. The unit is based on the same 1.8 litre Rover 'K series' block as the
    standard engine, but with a revised cylinder head featuring new inlet and exhaust camshafts, solid tappets, and
    new throttle bodies providing individual throttle butterflies for each cylinder and a competition type oiled foam
    air cleaner. The engine bottom end includes forged pistons, strengthened connecting rods and crankshaft, and
    a lightened flywheel. A reprogrammed ECM is an integral part of the package. The preferred fuel is 98 RON
    unleaded ('Super Unleaded'), although 95 RON is useable. Oil recommendation is Mobil 1 5W/50 fully synthetic
    after running in on a good quality mineral oil.
    Output: Max. power; 190 ps @ 7,500 rpm
    Max. torque; 189 Nm @ 5,600 rpm
    The engine is supplied only as a complete assembly for competition use, and does not carry the normal
    vehicle or parts warranty. Included in the engine package are:
    Engine harness and new ECM with matched security 5AS module.
    Exhaust manifold (unchanged).
    Inlet manifold, throttle bodies and competition air filter. Air filter oil aerosol.
    Fuel rail and injectors.
    Alternator and auxiliary belt (unchanged).
    Lightened flywheel (no clutch).
    Engine mounted water rails.
    Oil filter.
    Ignition coil, spark plugs and HT harness.

From the Manual.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    TurnLeft and Pete05 like this.
  14. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Thankyou for this :cheers:
    I'm not sure if it's possible but I wanted to do more than take the easy way out & just raise the power to 190 spec.
    I look forward to the results of your research :) :tup:

TurnLeft likes this.
  15. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Lotus Elise S1 Sport 190 : 670kg, possibly empty, with kerb weight/full tank : 701kg ( based on 340R - similar spec engine ) and 40/60 distribution.
    another report :
    716.5 kg with Rota wheels,No Radio,11 Litres fuel, lightweight battery, no passenger seat, no roof or rear window. Heavy A-frame cage and 4 1/2L plumbed in extinguisher. Weighed at Snetterton. This should be about 700kg without fuel and extinguisher.

The car has close ratio box from 111S ( already in the elise s1 replica as option )

Maximum power: 190PS (88kW) at 7500rpm.
    Maximum torque: 139lb ft (189Nm) at 5600rpm.

Use these for suspension and transmission : ( Used the replica damper setup + ARB, but with Lotus Sport Ohlins Kit )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Optional 5 Speed Close Ratio Rover PG1 B4BP
    Used on Elise S1 111S, Sports 135

Install all power parts if applicable
    Set Default
    Use default Auto Max Speed at 249kmh / 155mph
    Adjust each gear :
    1st 2.923
    2nd 1.750
    3rd 1.308
    4th 1.033
    5th 0.848
    Set Final : 4.200

Suspension - Lotus Sport Ohlins
    Lowered Ride Height + Stock Tire Alignment ( All Weight Specs )
    Comfort Medium

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 110
    Spring Rate: 5.80 7,60
    Dampers (Compression): 8 5
    Dampers (Extension): 6 5
    Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
    Camber Angle: 0.3 2.0
    Toe Angle: -0.02 0.18

Suspension - Lotus Sport Ohlins
    Lowered Ride Height + ADVAN A038-R Alignment ( All Weight Specs )
    Comfort Soft + Compatible to Sports Soft Tires

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 110
    Spring Rate: 5.80 7.60
    Dampers (Compression): 8 5
    Dampers (Extension): 6 5
    Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
    Camber Angle: 1.8 2.7
    Toe Angle: -0.04 0.35

The suspension needs to be tested, I haven't tried it, just used the real numbers :D

TurnLeft and Pete05 like this.
  16. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Many thanks :bowdown:
    I'll apply these settings, run some races & report back.

17. SkullFaceX

SkullFaceX

Will you do a replica build for these cars
    -Corvette C7 Base/Z51/Z06
    -Laferrari/FXX-K (based on Enzo)
    -Challenger Hellcat
    -Camaro ZL1

It would be nice:D

TurnLeft likes this.
  18. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I actually have C7 Z06 built, it's too unruly on CS tire, needs fine tuning, Hellcat also have been built last year, but still not 100%, while Camaro ZL1, I chose to built this instead last year :

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 2014/2015 Randy Pobst Lap Record Laguna Seca MotorTrend Best Driver's Car Nov 2014 Champion Replica 505HP 525PP Sports Hard

For La Ferrari, the Enzo is too far off to be used and data is hard to find :(

Pete05 and TurnLeft like this.
  19. danbojte

danbojte

Pete05 likes this.
  20. azidahaka

azidahaka

Hello @Ridox2JZGTE it seems i do not had notifications too :D

Not disappeared and still going for a tune every now and then with bad results. I would ask you a question if you get the time to answer it;

how do you choose the Ride height and if to go with soft spring and high dampers or soft spring and soft dampers? It's one of the things i never seem to nail out when i attempt a tune.

Also since they made camber changes i've been very esitant to use it but i see most of your replicas have very strong ones up to 3... What effect it has on recent updates?

TurnLeft likes this.
  21. danbojte

danbojte

22. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

The alert system is crazy :lol:

For ride height, I usually used ground clearance data, and if I can, use car picture as reference to make sure the numbers as close as possible. Some of the ground clearance spec are spot on in GT6, the Lexus IS-F, Nissan R33 and R34 GTR for example.

Going lower for custom tune, usually I take into account the spring rate, weight and track to used, the harder the spring, less weight and smooth track, the lower you can go. What used in real life are also considered if I have the data :) Here is an example of real life approach, the Nissan GTR GT3 Schulze 2014 N24 car driven by Kaz last year was setup as low as possible that the underbody got worn ( scraped the tarmac ). They used stiffer spring rate and tuned the rest to balance things out.

The high camber often used to replicate similar setup used in real life as well as to get into real life grip level ( often helpful on higher grip tires like sports to racing tire ) ;) GT6 tires are too grippy above SH in general :)

Damper tuning involves more intricate process, usually I have set the spring rate, ARB, alignment and LSD static to set limit on the car behavior. I start with all values at 1 or 3 ( depend on your preference, I usually use 1 ) then I start from front compression and adjust it to half way, then I change it to full. Then I go back to the base setting ( all 1 or 3 ) and compare the car handling ( make a note of the changes in handling ).
    Then I soften or harden the front compression in two or three steps, and set the best value after more driving ( put this down so I can remember :lol:), then I set to base line again and make a note of the differences. Then decide the final value.
    From there, I move on to front rebound/extension, rear compression and rear extension, same process, each damper done will bring the car to your target/goal.

This takes time, about 30-40 laps usually, which is why I pick Tsukuba for testing track, has all the corners, short and easy to be consistent. Things to note are :
    front compression - entry, braking, steering response, bump compliance
    rear compression - corner exit, high speed curve, rear reaction on throttle input, bump compliance
    front extension - braking, entry, directional response on high speed, corner exit understeer ( lower or higher depend on the car )
    rear extension - turn in, mid corner response ( lower will be sluggish and might understeer on FR ) corner exit ( lower usually gives good grip, higher will give sharper rear but tend to be easier to lose traction )

To try what happens, try the RainX Countach on my replica setup to get baseline feel/handling and increase each damper by 1 or 2 ( one a time ) and test drive it to see what happens if front compression or extension or rear comp/ext is higher by 1 or 2.

azidahaka likes this.
  23. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Thanks for the referral Dan :) :tup:

The setup I used to replicate the Elise Sport 190 is as follows:

Ride height: 100/110
    Springs: 5.80/7.60
    Dampers: 8/5
    " 6/5
    Anti roll bars: 3/1
    Toe: -0.04/0.35

I fitted the following parts to reach 190bhp as high in the rev range as possible:

Intake manifold
    Stage 2 tuning
    Sports computer
    Semi racing exhaust
    Isometric manifold
    Sports catalytic converter
    Power limiter set at 92.2%

After fitting all these parts (minus the power limiter), and the Fully customizable transmission, I had to set the Max Speed to 290km/h to make it possible to reach the correct gear ratios.

I decided to aim for the 670kg dry weight (same as the Sport 190 in the game) and could only get as low as 672kg after fitting all weight reductions possible.

Some of the other setup options Ridox has provided for the Elise maybe better suited to the individual but I was fairly happy with the first option I tried.

Thanks for your help guys :cheers:
    This version is a lot more fun than the basic Elise '96 with only 120bhp.

danbojte and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  24. TurnLeft

TurnLeft

danbojte and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  25. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Nice work :D Have good fun winning races with it in A spec ( I used to have Elise race car for grinding at Matterhorn career race )

I have edited the OP picture, it's a lot cooler now :lol:

danbojte and Pete05 like this.
  26. ImmalovemaGTR

ImmalovemaGTR

Hey Ridox!
    I tried the blackbird today with 600 HP.
    At first I used SH tires, but I did not have fun with it, I actually hated it because it was way too slippery for me.
    So I put on SS, which are PERFECT for extremely fast laps with your setup, but I thought I want something a little bit more challenging.
    Sports Medium were the obvious choice and I had a blast! :)
    It is a little bit challenging to drive, but at the same time you can record some pretty fast laps.

Really great job :bowdown:

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.
  27. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Thank you, mate :cheers:

28. azidahaka

azidahaka

29. danbojte

danbojte

Actually I'm using it from a long time ago but recently I relyed on the alerts. ;)

Edit: Once you're there, in your unwached threads list, if you click on the thread title you'll be transferred to the first unread message. :cheers:

Ridox2JZGTE and TurnLeft like this.
  30. ALB123

ALB123

A LaFerrari "replica" tune based on the Enzo?! :crazy: :eek: :dunce:

I've been meaning to say "Congratulations Ridox!" on having your Blackbird tune thrown into the spotlight on the front page of GTP's news section. I wonder what made them choose that particular car? :boggled: If I had to choose only one tune to highlight your skills as a tuner and more specifically, as a replica tuner, I'm not certain which tune I would highlight. You have quite a few good ones. I've been very impressed with some of the Lamborghini tunes, especially the Diablo tunes. The Ferrari F40 EU AUTO Motorsport Mag tune is definitely one of my favorites. I drive it a lot! Hmmm.... I'm not positive which I would choose.

You say you've got a Z06 tune? :confused: I'm sure your regulars would be more than happy to test the crap out of that setup! :lol: :D :tup: Keep on doin' your thing, Ridox.... :tup:

Ridox2JZGTE likes this.