RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
@Ridox2JZGTE I definitely think the brakes are better now that I've installed Racing Brakes. Seeing that I've turned down the balance numbers quite a bit, they aren't unrealistically good. I think they're really good now. I have not tried the alternate damper settings -- Actually, I forgot that you posted them in a separate entry. :embarrassed: I'm about to hop on the PS3 and I will do some more testing soon.

NISSAN MARCH 12SR '07 HKS HIPERMAX S-Style C
Special Build Nissan March Online Race 437PP + 450PP

Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

View attachment 298846

CAR : Nissan March 12SR '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 205 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 168.3 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 82.6%
Weight: 872 kg
Ballast : 33 kg
Ballast Position : 16 - move further back to 50 for even more rotation
Weight Distribution : 58/42
Performance Points: 437

Specs 450PP Version
Horsepower: 229 HP at 7300 RPM
Torque: 169.9 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 91.6%
Weight: 872 kg
Ballast : 33 kg
Ballast Position : 16 - move further back to 50 for even more rotation
Weight Distribution : 58/42
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build ) - OPTIONAL
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Wing Type A
Wheels : +2 Inch Up ENKEI RP03 TypeRC painted in GT6 Polarized 02 or Stock
Brake Caliper Paint : Red
Car Paint : GT6 Polarized 02
Gauges :
Slot 1 : Boost gauge in Black ( Any )
Slot 2 : Tach in Black 0-8000rpm
Slot 3 : Speedo in Black 0-200kmh
Color : Orange ( Saturation 100, Brightness 100 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Racing Brakes Kit - OPTIONAL ( I used standard brakes )
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - HKS HIPERMAX S-Style C Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 89 75
Spring Rate: 3.00 3.90
Dampers (Compression): 4 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 6
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 -0.60

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed Custom
Install all power parts
Set Default
Use default Auto Max Speed at 190kmh / 118mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.700
2nd 2.560
3rd 1.880
4th 1.490
5th 1.190
Set Final : 3.800

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed Custom 1.17
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.800
Use default Auto Max Speed at 190kmh / 118mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.700
2nd 2.560
3rd 1.880
4th 1.490
5th 1.190

LSD 1 Way
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 5

AERO
Rear : 5 ( MIN )

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Nissan March HKS special tune was made for online race at SSR5 Clubman, with very fast tire wear. The tune is based on replica that I haven't published. The car has limitation on power, PP and weight to fit the race regulations.

The tune is the quickest and most consistent with 56s lap possible among other FF cars that has been tested online at SSR5 Clubman. Replay of the run included

UPDATE : Added 450PP and custom transmission 1.17
Are you sure you didn't do an oil change? I'm trying to build the 450PP version. I've installed the power upgrades and I've done the weight reduction and added the ballast. I only have to bring my Power % down to 97.5 and I'm at 450PP with 233hp and 162 ft/lb of torque. It doesn't seem to be close to your numbers. :eek:

Why the tears? That's a pretty decent time 👍
How many laps did you do?
Looks like these revisions are working.
I did 2 laps. My first lap was 7:27.xxx but I had a few big mistakes. I still wasn't completely satisfied with my driving on the 7:22.xxx lap, but at least I didn't completely mess up. It's smaller things, like turning in a little too late & having to get on the bakes hard, killing my speed in a corner here or there.

I did 2 laps. My first lap was 7:27.xxx but I had a few big mistakes. I still wasn't completely satisfied with my driving on the 7:22.xxx lap, but at least I didn't completely mess up. It's smaller things, like turning in a little too late & having to get on the bakes hard, killing my speed in a corner here or there.
That's a great effort then. The 7:24 I did was done with enough in reserve to guarantee I'd make it through every corner without needing to rescue any over enthusiasm on my part.
As Ridox said in his reply to my post, there's more time to be had from perfecting our laps and I think a mid teen is possible but if you go under 7:15 you're approaching alien status ;)

It seems I definitely need to drive this again, I just haven't been able to find the time.
I'm wondering if the 7.24.xxx around the Nordschleife I managed with the original settings (and the flat floor I didn't know I had fitted already) is a decent time? Especially if you say the dampers would be too soft and the revisions you've made will provide more front end grip.
Just to clarify, do you think the 7MT or the 8AT version would be faster?

The time with softer damper is of course good, considering it did push more than the new stiffer damper.
The new damper do not automatically give more front end grip, damper can't do that, but it gives more immediate response to input, less roll and better turn in as well as a it more traction under braking.
What I'm worried is when the new damper hits the rough bumps at green hell, it may easily upset the rear end.

For transmission, with current 1.17 issue, running 8AT is the best, it has very good spread and pulls nicely too, you don't need the 8th gear though, unless you are on SSRX in Like the Wind with max power :D

@Ridox2JZGTE I definitely think the brakes are better now that I've installed Racing Brakes. Seeing that I've turned down the balance numbers quite a bit, they aren't unrealistically good. I think they're really good now. I have not tried the alternate damper settings -- Actually, I forgot that you posted them in a separate entry. :embarrassed: I'm about to hop on the PS3 and I will do some more testing soon.

Try the higher rear spring that I posted too, it may just give a bit more rotation without much drawback.

Are you sure you didn't do an oil change? I'm trying to build the 450PP version. I've installed the power upgrades and I've done the weight reduction and added the ballast. I only have to bring my Power % down to 97.5 and I'm at 450PP with 233hp and 162 ft/lb of torque. It doesn't seem to be close to your numbers. :eek:

I have to check it again, but I think you are right :D It's up to you if you want to do oil change or not, but I can say that the higher torque is good for the march.

The time with softer damper is of course good, considering it did push more than the new stiffer damper.
The new damper do not automatically give more front end grip, damper can't do that, but it gives more immediate response to input, less roll and better turn in as well as a it more traction under braking.
What I'm worried is when the new damper hits the rough bumps at green hell, it may easily upset the rear end.

For transmission, with current 1.17 issue, running 8AT is the best, it has very good spread and pulls nicely too, you don't need the 8th gear though, unless you are on SSRX in Like the Wind with max power :D

Try the higher rear spring that I posted too, it may just give a bit more rotation without much drawback.

I have to check it again, but I think you are right :D It's up to you if you want to do oil change or not, but I can say that the higher torque is good for the march.
When I finally find the time, I think I'll throw a few of the new settings at the C7 in different combinations and see what I end up with.
If I had to choose an end of a given car to catch, it'll always be the rear end. I love any car that had a front end I can trust. I loath understeer :banghead: There should be a law against it :yuck:

When I finally find the time, I think I'll throw a few of the new settings at the C7 in different combinations and see what I end up with.
If I had to choose an end of a given car to catch, it'll always be the rear end. I love any car that had a front end I can trust. I loath understeer :banghead: There should be a law against it :yuck:

Most cars are built from factory added with understeer for safety margin, even the Ferrari like 458 Italia and F430 are well known to have understeer on the limit, Ferrari never trusts their customers :lol:

Most cars are built from factory added with understeer for safety margin, even the Ferrari like 458 Italia and F430 are well known to have understeer on the limit, Ferrari never trusts their customers :lol:
Yeah I understand why. It's a lot easier for the average Joe to catch just by lifting the go pedal and regaining control. A lot easier than having the rear try and take the lead. Many an owner of the original VW Beetle found that out the hard way, including my Dad.

I didn't run my laps around the Green Hell with the firmer dampers. Like you, Ridox, I felt those might be a little too bumpy for that track. I did not try the alternate spring rate either. Let me install that and do 1 run around the 'Ring... I'll be right back.

Oops. I can't find the post with the alternate spring rate, Ridox. I only see the post with the alternate damper settings. What is the alternate spring rate for the Z06? I'd like to try it... Sorry. I looked, but I must have overlooked the post.

I didn't run my laps around the Green Hell with the firmer dampers. Like you, Ridox, I felt those might be a little too bumpy for that track. I did not try the alternate spring rate either. Let me install that and do 1 run around the 'Ring... I'll be right back.

:scared:

Oops. I can't find the post with the alternate spring rate, Ridox. I only see the post with the alternate damper settings. What is the alternate spring rate for the Z06? I'd like to try it... Sorry. I looked, but I must have overlooked the post.

Its on last page :

Add little toe out at the front may help and have you used the even higher damper I posted separately ? If you want to try, increase rear spring rate to 14.73 or 15.18 :P This should improve the understeer, but might be bouncy :lol:

Don't feel bad, if I can improve the car, I will do it. The old damper and ARB is too soft for flat floor, so unless anyone want to drive it without flat floor, there's not much use on softer damper and ARB.

The understeer was intentional, but I felt it was just right, most likely as I don't use ABS, I didn't get the push too much. You can easily see it on my big willow lap.

The braking part, did you notice big difference in distance with racing brakes ? When I tested racing brakes at big willow 1st turn, the braking point is only slightly improved.

For the high speed acceleration, as I wrote on the note, flat floor would immensely help getting realistic performance at high speed.

I set the rear spring rate to 15.18 and drove two more laps around the Nordschleife. My first lap was terrible. I was making mistakes everywhere. My second lap was 7:21.520. I'm still leaving time on the track from little hiccups here or there. I don't know exactly how much it would add up to, but I'm guessing a couple of seconds in total. There are a few places where I should be pushing hard, but I just wimp out. :lol:

Even though I only bettered my time by one second, I think I might prefer this rear spring weight. I haven't taken it to my other testing track, the Nurburgring GP/D or GP/F courses. I'm hoping it performs better on those course also. Great job Ridox!

LOTUS ELISE Series 1 1996-2000
Base Model 1.8 Rover K16 Engine Replica
Lovely car. It won at SPA/Tour of Europe, on SH tyres and 416PP.
No aids, no ABS, cockpit view, headset.
:cheers:

rvhWVv50zUbo1PC1wx_0.jpg

I set the rear spring rate to 15.18 and drove two more laps around the Nordschleife. My first lap was terrible. I was making mistakes everywhere. My second lap was 7:21.520. I'm still leaving time on the track from little hiccups here or there. I don't know exactly how much it would add up to, but I'm guessing a couple of seconds in total. There are a few places where I should be pushing hard, but I just wimp out. :lol:

Even though I only bettered my time by one second, I think I might prefer this rear spring weight. I haven't taken it to my other testing track, the Nurburgring GP/D or GP/F courses. I'm hoping it performs better on those course also. Great job Ridox!

Thank you, I'm relieved you haven't got the car written off and had to make a insurance claim :lol: I'm pretty sure the real car would scared anyone who never been at the green hell and had to tame the Z06 :D

Lovely car. It won at SPA/Tour of Europe, on SH tyres and 416PP.
No aids, no ABS, cockpit view, headset.

View attachment 346566

Thank you for the kind words, it is a lovely car, I love to drive the little elise at big willow with a bit more power :P, at 416PP that is an awesome win.

Thank you, I'm relieved you haven't got the car written off and had to make a insurance claim :lol: I'm pretty sure the real car would scared anyone who never been at the green hell and had to tame the Z06 :D

Oh she's a feisty one! :lol: This Z06 is actually an interesting car to drive. You've already heard me mention her tendency to understeer. Well, there are also situations where she ends up feeling fairly neutral. I've found a few situations on the Green Hell where I could just give my brakes a quick stab just before turn-in, or maybe it's while I'm starting my turn-in and I'll get the car to rotate nicely. It's a complex drive in GT6, but I think that makes it kind of fun... :D

G'day all,
I just tried the revised setup of the C7 Corvette and managed to squeeze a 7:18:446 out of it :)
I went with the softest of the settings for dampers and springs as I felt the stiffer options would have me attacking the guardrail and signing over a large cheque to Nordschleife management :ouch:
The revised diff settings, together with using the 8AT transmission, gave more control at the upper limit in my opinion. Definitely less understeer and more control in 4th gear compared to the stock standard 4th gear.
I was a bit apprehensive about fitting the Racing Brake Kit for fear of losing feel & progression. I'm a DS3 user by the way.
The rear of the car isn't anywhere near as nervous anymore and if the back steps out, it's catchable with throttle control whereas my previous attempt was occasionally peppered with off throttle rescues. There's still a trace of some understeer present but it's livable.
Back of the throttle and front end compliance reappears.
In summary, fantastic effort @Ridox2JZGTE working within the limitations enforced by PD, the standard C7 starting point and the technical information available :bowdown: :cheers: What a car. Now I want a 3D version in Velocity Yellow :D

Oh she's a feisty one! :lol: This Z06 is actually an interesting car to drive. You've already heard me mention her tendency to understeer. Well, there are also situations where she ends up feeling fairly neutral. I've found a few situations on the Green Hell where I could just give my brakes a quick stab just before turn-in, or maybe it's while I'm starting my turn-in and I'll get the car to rotate nicely. It's a complex drive in GT6, but I think that makes it kind of fun... :D

G'day all,
I just tried the revised setup of the C7 Corvette and managed to squeeze a 7:18:446 out of it :)
I went with the softest of the settings for dampers and springs as I felt the stiffer options would have me attacking the guardrail and signing over a large cheque to Nordschleife management :ouch:
The revised diff settings, together with using the 8AT transmission, gave more control at the upper limit in my opinion. Definitely less understeer and more control in 4th gear compared to the stock standard 4th gear.
I was a bit apprehensive about fitting the Racing Brake Kit for fear of losing feel & progression. I'm a DS3 user by the way.
The rear of the car isn't anywhere near as nervous anymore and if the back steps out, it's catchable with throttle control whereas my previous attempt was occasionally peppered with off throttle rescues. There's still a trace of some understeer present but it's livable.
Back of the throttle and front end compliance reappears.
In summary, fantastic effort @Ridox2JZGTE working within the limitations enforced by PD, the standard C7 starting point and the technical information available :bowdown: :cheers: What a car. Now I want a 3D version in Velocity Yellow :D

Thank you all for the detailed review :cheers: I am pretty much happy now that the new revision improved the car and the lap times are great too :) We had the 8AT at the moment, can't wait to try the 7MT when PD fix the bug.

I had to make do with whats given by PD, and the real Z06 Z07 pack has stage 3 aero kit, which I'm sure gives downforce on both front and rear and has some adjustability. The flat floor is just an attempt to get close, but I wish PD would add the car in an update like in GT5 when C7 was in proto stage.

Thank you all for the detailed review :cheers: I am pretty much happy now that the new revision improved the car and the lap times are great too :) We had the 8AT at the moment, can't wait to try the 7MT when PD fix the bug.

I had to make do with whats given by PD, and the real Z06 Z07 pack has stage 3 aero kit, which I'm sure gives downforce on both front and rear and has some adjustability. The flat floor is just an attempt to get close, but I wish PD would add the car in an update like in GT5 when C7 was in proto stage.
From all that I've read, that Stage 3 aero kit makes one helluva difference.
I wish we got REAL car updates too instead of the fantasy world Vision concepts but I've got no doubt PD are saving all the goodies for GT7. If I'm not mistaken, besides the BMW M4, NISMO GT-R and the Senna collection, everything else has been from fantasy world :rolleyes:

From all that I've read, that Stage 3 aero kit makes one helluva difference.
I wish we got REAL car updates too instead of the fantasy world Vision concepts but I've got no doubt PD are saving all the goodies for GT7. If I'm not mistaken, besides the BMW M4, NISMO GT-R and the Senna collection, everything else has been from fantasy world :rolleyes:
I agree that they're probably holding back a lot for GT7. We also got the Toyota TS030 which is a real world car...

Would it be possible for you to replicate the street version of the 1st gen Viper GTS-R?
I tried to find data about it, but can't really find anything.
Just a little request that would be appreciated :D

Tuned to replicate Stingray Z06 2015
Comfort Soft to Sports Hard
I've built the replica. I couldn't make use of the transmission because of the bug. Standard brakes used with 6/7 BB. The understeering is easily manageable.
I tried to win the Super Class Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge at the replica's PP level, but it wasn't possible because of the high rate of tyre wear.
Anyway, I like the car.

Would it be possible for you to replicate the street version of the 1st gen Viper GTS-R?
I tried to find data about it, but can't really find anything.
Just a little request that would be appreciated :D

I will try to find info on it ::) Right now I am doing a special build of replica car, the car will have some LSD version as requested.

I've built the replica. I couldn't make use of the transmission because of the bug. Standard brakes used with 6/7 BB. The understeering is easily manageable.
I tried to win the Super Class Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge at the replica's PP level, but it wasn't possible because of the high rate of tyre wear.
Anyway, I like the car.

The 8 speed AT is possible in 1.17 :) Do you meant the 7 speed Manual ? The tire wear might be bad because the 650 torque :D

@Ridox2JZGTE BTW, do you have a weapon prepared for the Expert Seasonal? I haven't completed that one yet... :D

Is the Expert on Apricot Hill 500PP 5 laps event and has BMW M3 '07 as the usual lead ?

If that's the one, I've been testing the special build replica on the race, with about 20PP deficit, it easily won on CS tire :D I also currently building 2 sets of a same model car ( different package ), this one is unique and have one of the best engine sound. I managed to acquire rare data on the car :P

Back