RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Cool, I wasn't sure if it being higher than the drive side would be right or not :) I'll have to go and do some more research to find the other details needed. :cheers:

Corvette C7 Stingray Z06
Z07 Performance Package
Randy Pobst MotorTrend Test
"Big" Willow Springs International Raceway

Tuned to replicate Stingray Z06 2015
Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

CAR : Corvette Stingray C7 '14
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Hard

Specs Car & Driver 7 Spd Manual Test Weight
Horsepower: 650 HP / 659 PS at 6600 RPM
Torque: 654.2 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.6%
Weight: 1615 kg
Ballast : 115 kg
Ballast Position : -16
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - real life 50.5 / 49.5
Performance Points: 598

Specs Car & Driver 8 Spd AT Test Weight
Horsepower: 650 HP / 659 PS at 6600 RPM
Torque: 654.2 ft-lb at 4700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.6%
Weight: 1614 kg
Ballast : 114 kg
Ballast Position : 1
Weight Distribution : 50 / 50 - real life 49.5 / 50.5
Performance Points: 598

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Aero Kits Type A
Flat Floor Type A
Wheels : Standard Size Stock RAYS 57Xtreme in Black
Car Paint : Sunset Pearlescent or Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Supercharger
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - FE7 Z07 Performance Package
Street Alignment - Comfort Soft - Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 12.15 14.31
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 0.9 1.1
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.00

Suspension - FE7 Z07 Performance Package
Track Alignment - Sports Hard - Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 122
Spring Rate: 12.15 14.31
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 7 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 5
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.7
Toe Angle: 0.05 0.05

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio 7 Speed Tremec TR6070 C Set
with Active Rev Match

Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 349kmh / 217mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.289
2nd 1.611
3rd 1.208
4th 1.000
5th 0.813
6th 0.672
7th 0.454
Set Final Gear : 3.420 ( not yet tested on 1.17 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock gear ratio 8 Speed Hydra-Matic 8L90 AT Adapted to 7 Speed
Set Default
Set Final to 2.410
Set Auto Max Speed to 450kmh / 280mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.560
2nd 2.970
3rd 2.080
4th 1.690
5th 1.270
6th 1.000
7th 0.850
( 8th gear 0.650 for fuel conserve is not available and rarely if not will never be used at the track
with 175mph @3525 RPM - useless for performance )
Set Final Gear : 2.410

LSD Chevrolet C7 E-LSD
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitiviy: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. For Racing Brakes kit, I recommend to start at 3/4.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 )with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Stingray Corvette C7 Z06 is the next evolution from the base Stingray. Equipped with multitude of performance upgrades, from power, brake, handling and aero.

The main power increase comes from the Eaton R1740 TVS Supercharger, a special blower built for the Z06, a little brother to the previous gen C6 ZR1 blower, Eaton R1900, the new blower capable to spin at higher speed @20000RPM. Faster than the older blower at @15000RPM, but displaces less air at 1.7 liters per rev against ZR1 blower at 2.3 liters and less peak boost at 9.4 psi vs 9.7 psi.

The blower allows the Z06 to reach 650HP and 650 lb ft of torque, a matching numbers :D There are 2 version of transmission, 7 speed Tremec TR6070 with Active Rev Match and 8 speed Hydra-Matic 8L90 automatic with paddle shifters. I have provided the 8 speed setup with only 7 speed available due to GT6 limitation. The 8th is very tall and only meant for cruising / fuel saver, and will never be used at the track. The 7 speed manual ratio will be updated later, use stock for now, shift point for both setup is 6500RPM.

For weight, I have used the Car & Driver test weight, with 7 speed manual Z06 at 1615kg and 50.5 / 49.5 distribution, while the 8 speed AT Z06 is 1kg lighter at 1614kg and more rear bias at 49.5 / 50.5.

Now, onto suspension, the FE6 ( base Z06 ) package have been reported to have similar stiffness to C6 Corvette ( possibly Z06 or base coupe ). I have also information on the Z07 ( Performance Package ) for Z06, this comprised of :

As this replica is based on Z06 with Z07 Package, I used additional information that stated :

The front spring is 62% higher rate on the FE7 than the FE6.
The rear spring is 22% higher rate on the FE7 than the FE6.

The information is reportedly from Chevy engineer.

I set about to use the base C6 spring rate as foundation, after I tried the Z06 from C6 Vette as base and found it to be too stiff, although it may be usable. This brought the spring rate to : R 801.5 lb/in and F 680.4 lb/in. This may not be accurate, but it's the best I can get and I optimize the setup based on the spring rate.

I have included 2 alignment set, street and track. The street is best used with comfort tires and track with sports hard tires. The base FE6 package comes with Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP tires, while the FE7 ( Z07 ) comes with Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP ( a track ready tire/semi slick ). The Super Sport ZP tire is capable of 1.12G on 300ft Skidpad ( 7 Sp MT ) - on par with SRT Viper T/A, while the Michelin Pilot Cup 2 ZP is capable of 1.19G :eek: on 300ft Skidpad ( 8 Sp AT ). The Pilot Cup would be closer to SH tire in GT6, although I felt the lateral grip of SH is still higher than it should be. The best representation would be comfort soft tire and using street alignment.

The LSD is set based on previous replica of C6 Z06 Vette, although the C7 Z06 has E-LSD. The lsd setup is more than adequate to harness the torque and gives good traction at all speed.

The target performance for this build is Randy Pobst lap record at Big Willow on a test by MotorTrend and cars provided by Chevrolet. The Z06 with 7 speed MT managed 1:25.00 lap time, while the replica on 7 speed MT specs, CS tire and street alignment, managed 1:24s. For more realistic acceleration on higher speed ( more drag ), flat floor can be installed, but this might require stiffer rear damper compression ( increase by 1 or 2 ).

The Z06 also tested at Tsukuba where it beats the ZR1 real life Best Motoring record at 1:02.55, able to lap in low 1:02s on CS tire and early build.

I have provided the replay of the Big Willow lap, enjoy and use it as a ghost if you wish.

Flat floor and racing brakes has been fitted. As the flat floor adds a lot of downforce at the rear, damper and ARB has been stiffer all around.

UPDATE : Added Racing Brakes Kit and flat floor, updated damper and ARB for flat floor fitment.
Added 7 speed corrected ratio - C Set ratio and LSD preload at 18 ( loose )

NISSAN MARCH 12SR '07 HKS HIPERMAX S-Style C
Special Build Nissan March Online Race 437PP + 450PP

Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

View attachment 298846

CAR : Nissan March 12SR '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 205 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 168.3 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 82.6%
Weight: 872 kg
Ballast : 33 kg
Ballast Position : 16 - move further back to 50 for even more rotation
Weight Distribution : 58/42
Performance Points: 437

Specs 450PP Version
Horsepower: 229 HP at 7300 RPM
Torque: 169.9 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 91.6%
Weight: 872 kg
Ballast : 33 kg
Ballast Position : 16 - move further back to 50 for even more rotation
Weight Distribution : 58/42
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build ) - OPTIONAL
Aero Kits Type A
Custom Wing Type A
Wheels : +2 Inch Up ENKEI RP03 TypeRC painted in GT6 Polarized 02 or Stock
Brake Caliper Paint : Red
Car Paint : GT6 Polarized 02
Gauges :
Slot 1 : Boost gauge in Black ( Any )
Slot 2 : Tach in Black 0-8000rpm
Slot 3 : Speedo in Black 0-200kmh
Color : Orange ( Saturation 100, Brightness 100 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Racing Brakes Kit - OPTIONAL ( I used standard brakes )
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - HKS HIPERMAX S-Style C Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 89 75
Spring Rate: 3.00 3.90
Dampers (Compression): 4 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 6
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.08 -0.60

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed Custom
Install all power parts
Set Default
Use default Auto Max Speed at 190kmh / 118mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.700
2nd 2.560
3rd 1.880
4th 1.490
5th 1.190
Set Final : 3.800

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed Custom
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.800
Use default Auto Max Speed at 190kmh / 118mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.700
2nd 2.560
3rd 1.880
4th 1.490
5th 1.190
Set Final : 3.800

LSD 1 Way
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 5

AERO
Rear : 5 ( MIN )

Brake Balance:
7/10 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/10 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Nissan March HKS special tune was made for online race at SSR5 Clubman, with very fast tire wear. The tune is based on replica that I haven't published. The car has limitation on power, PP and weight to fit the race regulations.

The tune is the quickest and most consistent with 56s lap possible among other FF cars that has been tested online at SSR5 Clubman. Replay of the run included

UPDATE : Added 450PP and custom transmission 1.17

Plymouth CUDA AAR Six Barrel '70
Online Race 475PP + 500PP

Special Build CUDA AAR for Online Race
Sports Medium to Racing Hard

View attachment 297185
First race, first lap, second corner - The Winning overtake

CAR : Plymouth Cuda AAR 340 Six Barrel '70
Tire : Sports Medium to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 348 HP at 5500 RPM
Torque : 376.6 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 24 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44
Performance Points: 475

Specs 500PP
Horsepower: 418 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque : 428.9 ft-lb at 4300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 24 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Aero Kits Type A
Wheels : Standard Size Stock
Car Paint : Sassy Grass Green

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Engine Tuning Stage 1 ( ONLY FOR 500PP )
Catalytic Converter Sports ( ONLY FOR 500PP )
Adjustable LSD
Adjustable Suspension
Adjustable Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - EIBACH Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 130 130
Spring Rate: 4.46 3.57
Dampers (Compression): 2 4
Dampers (Extension): 4 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.07 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Ratio 475PP
Install power parts
Reset Default
Set Final to 3.230
Set Auto Max Speed to 320kmh / 199mph
Set each gear :
1st 3.045
2nd 2.101
3rd 1.550
4th 1.208
5th 1.000
Final : 3.230 - 3rd gear good for holding the long curve, if wanted more acceleration, use 3.450 / top speed at 174mph / 280kmh :D

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Ratio 500PP
Install power parts
Reset Default
Set Final to 3.230
Set Auto Max Speed to 330kmh / 205mph
Set each gear :
1st 3.045
2nd 2.101
3rd 1.550
4th 1.208
5th 1.000
Final : 3.230 - 3rd gear good for holding the long curve, if wanted more acceleration, use 3.450 / top speed at 186mph / 299kmh :D

LSD - 1.5 Way LSD
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Built for online race with 475PP limit, Sports Medium and very fast tire wear.
The car was tuned at Big Willow, aiming for consistent 1:24s lap online with very fast tire wear, 5 laps sprint race. 1:23s offline tested, flat out on 3rd gear at the 2nd corner @ 100mph.

A multiple winner in the hands of @danbojte online, picture for the car above also courtesy of danbojte, the 1st win on the 1st race, 2nd corner, winning overtake :D

UPDATE : Added 500PP version, and transmission for both.

All 3 has been updated. Hopefully the Z06 has less understeer now, tested at Big Willow on CS tire, 7 speed corrected ratio, flat floor, racing brakes 3/4 BB, low 1:24s.

Thank you for giving honest feedback :) Any criticism is welcomed, for 7 speed, I used stock ratio for the time being. I will update the replica again when I play. I need to find a way to get the 7 speed Tremec 6070 C Option work on 1.17 method of setting up transmission. I made a mistake there for using the B option Tremec for 7 speed ( leaving it stock ), and it seems I have conflicting data, my bad.

For understeer, I intentionally add understeer on the setup for easier consistency drive at Tsukuba, but I'm surprised it was this much :( Did you encounter the severe understeer on CS and SH tire ? I will suggest to increase all damper value and ARB by 1 for a start ( the time being ), install flat floor as well.

I didn't put flat floor as the lap performance was already very quick without, but I also add in the notes about adding it to get more realistic acceleration above 100mph. For racing brakes, I will add this as option ( I benchmark the braking distance at Tsukuba and Big Willow 1st turn using standard brakes and deemed it good enough compared to Nissan GTR braking )

For front toe values, 0.05 is recommended value, you can run zero toe or slight toe out at -0.10 ( similar to what used on real Vette for track duty )

For braking performance, you can measure it, use ABS 0 (preferred), but ABS 1 is okay too, set any BB or type of brakes, then go to SSRX, hold speed at 70mph + 100mph and brake when you crossed start line. Make a note where you stopped ( use CS tire first ). The Car & Driver test 70mph-0 braking distance best result was 139feet / 42.3m on Michelin Super Sport tire ( non Z07 package )

For the Z07 package ( Michelin Pilot Cup 2 - might need SH ), the Car & Driver result was 70-0 distance : 128 feet / 39m, and from 100-0 : 261 feet / 79.55m.

I know it's hard to measure accurately, but you can get rough idea where the brakes strength is.
Damn transmission bug :irked: Hurry up PD & get a big can of bugspray :D

I can't remember which magazine it was, Car and Driver or Road + Track but, they recently re-tested the Z07 after finding the rear end alignment was faulty.
The test driver, not sure if it was Andy Pilgrim but he has history with GM/Chevrolet, was alarmed at the nervousness of the rear end traction in the original test and reported this to GM and they subsequently checked & diagnosed the problem.
At the re-test, same driver reported a much safer level of traction and I remember him commenting that you won't find understeer in the C7 Z06/7 thanks to the grip available from the front end.
As for the brakes, the Z06 definitely has better brake package than the standard C7. Unfortunately, thanks to PD, if we upgrade to the Racing Brakes, we loose the progressiveness and feel when using Comfort or Sports rubber :rolleyes:

[Edit]
I've just seen the updated specs in the post above. It was on the next page....
I will have to try these revisions when I open the garage door later tonight.

Last edited:
Damn transmission bug :irked: Hurry up PD & get a big can of bugspray :D

I can't remember which magazine it was, Car and Driver or Road + Track but, they recently re-tested the Z07 after finding the rear end alignment was faulty.
The test driver, not sure if it was Andy Pilgrim but he has history with GM/Chevrolet, was alarmed at the nervousness of the rear end traction in the original test and reported this to GM and they subsequently checked & diagnosed the problem.
At the re-test, same driver reported a much safer level of traction and I remember him commenting that you won't find understeer in the C7 Z06/7 thanks to the grip available from the front end.
As for the brakes, the Z06 definitely has better brake package than the standard C7. Unfortunately, thanks to PD, if we upgrade to the Racing Brakes, we loose the progressiveness and feel when using Comfort or Sports rubber :rolleyes:

[Edit]
I've just seen the updated specs in the post above. It was on the next page....
I will have to try these revisions when I open the garage door later tonight.

That was from MotorTrend test ( Randy Pobst was the driver ) :) The retest did 1:25.00 lap at Big Willow. The understeer in GT6 is more due to the different tire size ( stagger ), if you look at the official PDF file linked by alb123 in his review, the front tires is wider than base Stingray 245 ( front z06 at 285 is the rear tire of base z51 stingray :crazy: ) , the rear z06 is even more wider at 335.

I have added flat floor and racing brakes, rest assured the added downforce also helped the braking traction. The car is still heavy to turn at higher speed, but we need to look at the speeds we are cornering against real life. What sort of agility we want from cornering at above 60mph on street legal rubber ?

If the CS fitted tire can do 1:24s with ease ( flat floor fitted ), I think we already have much higher cornering speed than what's possible in real life lap :P If only we have video with telemetry ( G's ) :grumpy: for comparison.

I'm now on 1.17, officially bugged :lol:

Last edited:
That was from MotorTrend test ( Randy Pobst was the driver ) :) The retest did 1:25.00 lap at Big Willow. The understeer in GT6 is more due to the different tire size ( stagger ), if you look at the official PDF file linked by alb123 in his review, the front tires is wider than base Stingray, the rear is even more wider at 335.

I have added flat floor and racing brakes, rest assured the added downforce also helped the braking traction. The car is still heavy to turn at higher speed, but we need to look at the speeds we are cornering against real life. What sort of agility we want from cornering at above 60mph on street legal rubber ?

If the CS fitted tire can do 1:24s with ease ( flat floor fitted ), I think we already have much higher cornering speed than what's possible in real life lap :P If only we have video with telemetry ( G's ) :grumpy: for comparison.

I'm now on 1.17, officially bugged :lol:
Glad you know the article/ test I was referring to :) 👍
The wider tyres of the Z06 are another reason PD should let us upgrade to wider rims & rubber as you've mentioned in the past. It would also be a bonus if we could alter the rolling circumference of the rims/tyres. I'm not asking for much am I :P
The question of real life versus a laptime without danger in the gaming world is precisely why I do a sighting lap at half pace and then the next lap is against the stopwatch with enough in reserve so as not to render it invalidated from going off track. Sure we can pound around a given track all day searching for the ultimate lap but that raises the question: would you drive that hard in real life risking it all for those last tenths?

Glad you know the article/ test I was referring to :) 👍
The wider tyres of the Z06 are another reason PD should let us upgrade to wider rims & rubber as you've mentioned in the past. It would also be a bonus if we could alter the rolling circumference of the rims/tyres. I'm not asking for much am I :P
The question of real life versus a laptime without danger in the gaming world is precisely why I do a sighting lap at half pace and then the next lap is against the stopwatch with enough in reserve so as not to render it invalidated from going off track. Sure we can pound around a given track all day searching for the ultimate lap but that raises the question: would you drive that hard in real life risking it all for those last tenths?

When I drive for replicating real life lap, I usually set a pace limit, you will notice this on my replays. I usually keep the braking distance within reasonable level and having ABS 0 also keeps it more grounded to reality ( avoiding lock up ). For corner speed, I always try to maintain as clean as possible, slide at minimum avoid exploiting the GT6 tire model flaws, and treat the car like it was real, crash or off track, then it's over. Sometimes I also looked at G's value when cornering, did I pushed it too hard or the tire is too grippy ? Then for exits, I usually exits as calm as possible, often quite late on giving the beans. Please download the Z06 Big Willow replay, you will see how much pace I ran and how much I pushed the car. I can push harder in game for sure compared to if I actually drive the Z06 at Big Willow, the real question is, will I choose to be as fearless or not ?

There is also a trend of me doing the lap time on 1st lap, cold tires, this is to give some room for when the car is driven on tire wear, as with tire wear, lap times usually about half second to 1 second slower than no tire wear warm tire. And with cold tire, I will have to be more careful not to push the tire too hard and slipping, usually the second lap the tire will be warmer and have more grip/easier to push and one can easily raise the pace without knowing. Now if only I can do test lap offline with tire wear :(

Having driven IRL for more than 20 years, and in game for longer :) I can alter my pace easily. For pushing hard IRL, let's say back in my college days, I used to be "street racer". I used to lived in Sydney for more than 10 years, and spent most of them driving imports. Bankstown was my usual playground at midnight, I lost count how many times I have riding the edge and went over it too.

Last edited:
I've been asking myself the same question, and I would never drive IRL like I drive in GT6, I've been hit a few times by cars and there is a survival fear that's always present in my mind now :lol:, but in GT6 my instinct knows there is no danger and I can go beyond what I would normally do. :crazy:
:cheers:

When I drive for replicating real life lap, I usually set a pace limit, you will notice this on my replays. I usually keep the braking distance within reasonable level and having ABS 0 also keeps it more grounded to reality ( avoiding lock up ). For corner speed, I always try to maintain as clean as possible, slide at minimum avoid exploiting the GT6 tire model flaws, and treat the car like it was real, crash or off track, then it's over. Sometimes I also looked at G's value when cornering, did I pushed it too hard or the tire is too grippy ? Then for exits, I usually exits as calm as possible, often quite late on giving the beans. Please download the Z06 Big Willow replay, you will see how much pace I ran and how much I pushed the car. I can push harder in game for sure compared to if I actually drive the Z06 at Big Willow, the real question is, will I choose to be as fearless or not ?

There is also a trend of me doing the lap time on 1st lap, cold tires, this is to give some room for when the car is driven on tire wear, as with tire wear, lap times usually about half second to 1 second slower than no tire wear warm tire. And with cold tire, I will have to be more careful not to push the tire too hard and slipping, usually the second lap the tire will be warmer and have more grip/easier to push and one can easily raise the pace without knowing. Now if only I can do test lap offline with tire wear :(

Having driven IRL for more than 20 years, and in game for longer :) I can alter my pace easily. For pushing hard IRL, let's say back in my college days, I used to be street racer. I used to lived in Sydney for more than 10 years, and spent most of them driving imports. Bankstown was my usual playground at midnight, I lost count how many times I have riding the edge and went over it too.
Ah yes, youthful exuberance and the 'it'll never happen to me attitude' is unfortunately reflected in the road toll for those under 25yo. There's no substitute for experience.
I got my personal warning to slow down & take it easy after loosing control of a friend's car on a section of road known as The Black Spur about 90 minutes east of Melbourne. The road was damp and I thought I was well within my & the car's limits until I hit a patch of black ice causing the car to rotate a lot further than planned. After running out of steering lock, I clutched, waited for it to go 180 degrees and locked the brakes and that resulted in another 180 degrees pointing us in the original direction of travel. This was all done without leaving the tarmac but I had to ask myself the hard questions. Was it skill or luck? What if someone was coming the other way? What if I needed more room than I had and what if I permanently injured or, worse still, killed my mate driving his beloved car? The answers to these questions were, in order: probably the later, two badly bent cars with occupants needing hospital, contact with large trees that always win the argument and time getting to know my big new cell mate Bubba :nervous:
My advice: If you like driving fast & the thrill of speed, join a car club and save those passions for the racetrack where it's a lot safer for everyone. I've spent the best days of my life behind the wheel of a car with a number on the side & wearing a helmut :) 👍

Ah yes, youthful exuberance and the 'it'll never happen to me attitude' is unfortunately reflected in the road toll for those under 25yo. There's no substitute for experience.
I got my personal warning to slow down & take it easy after loosing control of a friend's car on a section of road known as The Black Spur about 90 minutes east of Melbourne. The road was damp and I thought I was well within my & the car's limits until I hit a patch of black ice causing the car to rotate a lot further than planned. After running out of steering lock, I clutched, waited for it to go 180 degrees and locked the brakes and that resulted in another 180 degrees pointing us in the original direction of travel. This was all done without leaving the tarmac but I had to ask myself the hard questions. Was it skill or luck? What if someone was coming the other way? What if I needed more room than I had and what if I permanently injured or, worse still, killed my mate driving his beloved car? The answers to these questions were, in order: probably the later, two badly bent cars with occupants needing hospital, contact with large trees that always win the argument and time getting to know my big new cell mate Bubba :nervous:
My advice: If you like driving fast & the thrill of speed, join a car club and save those passions for the racetrack where it's a lot safer for everyone. I've spent the best days of my life behind the wheel of a car with a number on the side & wearing a helmut :) 👍

I understand what you said :) The wild days was over long ago, I did have several track day experience around the same period of time when I was there. I could write a lot of stories of my younger days but they should not be something I'm proud of.

@Pete05 I also remember the article you're talking about. You're 100% correct about the real life Z06 having the wrong alignment applied when they first tested the car. Like you, I also judge Ridox's replica builds at a reasonable pace, not at the limit where I'n hanging on for dear life. That's why I usually take my cars out to La Sierra for a few laps first. I've got 17 miles per lap to play around with the car. I do all sorts of things. I'll drive 60 mph in top gear and floor it...see how well it pulls. I'll drive 60 mph and see how it pulls on a reasonable downshift. I take corners at street speed limit speeds, quick speeds and then "you're going to lose your license if you get pulled over" speeds. :D The whole reason I love Ridox's builds is because I'm looking for cars that provide me with character similar to the real world version. Everything I complained about in my first post on the Z06 are things beyond Ridox's control. I was just surprised that the car drove the way that it did considering he is usually able to build cars practically perfectly (in my eyes). Again, I know he did everything in his power to make the Z06 great for us to drive. And maybe it's just me. Maybe others will love the way it drives. Based on the reviews I've read and the video reviews I've watched, I just think that the real Z06 characteristics are much different than our GT6 replica, which bummed me out because I've been looking forward to this build for a long time. :)

@Ridox2JZGTE I apologize for not recognizing that you DID mention the addition of a Flat Floor in the Notes section of the Z06 build. To be honest, I am guilty of often skipping over the "Notes" section of your build. I get so freakin' excited to drive the car that once I get finished setting it up, I rush off to La Sierra to start evaluating the car. I apologize for bringing up an issue that you already addressed in the OP. Can I ask you a question, Ridox? What are YOUR thoughts on the Z06 build? Do you think I am being TOO critical of the build? Do any of my issues have merit?

@danbojte I agree with you. Racing Brakes should be saved for racing tires, 99.99% of the time. I only threw this out as a suggestion because I was looking to duplicate the incredibly exceptional performance of the Z06 brakes. Perhaps the brakes are actually fine the way that they are and most of my other cars just have brakes that are way too good for the cars they are on? I will admit that I didn't collect any data when testing the Z06 brakes. I went by feel and then even compared other cars to see how well those cars stop in comparison. If you have a chance, in the next couple of days, please try to give the Z06 a few minutes of your time. I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say. 👍

@Pete05 I also remember the article you're talking about. You're 100% correct about the real life Z06 having the wrong alignment applied when they first tested the car. Like you, I also judge Ridox's replica builds at a reasonable pace, not at the limit where I'n hanging on for dear life. That's why I usually take my cars out to La Sierra for a few laps first. I've got 17 miles per lap to play around with the car. I do all sorts of things. I'll drive 60 mph in top gear and floor it...see how well it pulls. I'll drive 60 mph and see how it pulls on a reasonable downshift. I take corners at street speed limit speeds, quick speeds and then "you're going to lose your license if you get pulled over" speeds. :D The whole reason I love Ridox's builds is because I'm looking for cars that provide me with character similar to the real world version. Everything I complained about in my first post on the Z06 are things beyond Ridox's control. I was just surprised that the car drove the way that it did considering he is usually able to build cars practically perfectly (in my eyes). Again, I know he did everything in his power to make the Z06 great for us to drive. And maybe it's just me. Maybe others will love the way it drives. Based on the reviews I've read and the video reviews I've watched, I just think that the real Z06 characteristics are much different than our GT6 replica, which bummed me out because I've been looking forward to this build for a long time. :)

@Ridox2JZGTE I apologize for not recognizing that you DID mention the addition of a Flat Floor in the Notes section of the Z06 build. To be honest, I am guilty of often skipping over the "Notes" section of your build. I get so freakin' excited to drive the car that once I get finished setting it up, I rush off to La Sierra to start evaluating the car. I apologize for bringing up an issue that you already addressed in the OP. Can I ask you a question, Ridox? What are YOUR thoughts on the Z06 build? Do you think I am being TOO critical of the build? Do any of my issues have merit?

@danbojte I agree with you. Racing Brakes should be saved for racing tires, 99.99% of the time. I only threw this out as a suggestion because I was looking to duplicate the incredibly exceptional performance of the Z06 brakes. Perhaps the brakes are actually fine the way that they are and most of my other cars just have brakes that are way too good for the cars they are on? I will admit that I didn't collect any data when testing the Z06 brakes. I went by feel and then even compared other cars to see how well those cars stop in comparison. If you have a chance, in the next couple of days, please try to give the Z06 a few minutes of your time. I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say. 👍

Don't worry when giving good criticism, if not for you, I won't improve the car :) I have edited the Z06, and now I'm on 1.17 :( the 7 speed correct ratio is gone :grumpy:

For brakes, the racing brakes on 3/4 BB seems to be a bit bitey but fine when I drove it at Nurb 24H and Big Willow on CS tire.

Flat floor will add more understeer as the majority of the aero is added on the back, I have to stiffen the damper and ARB to compensate. The LSD preload also has been lowered to 18 to freed up the car when on/off throttle.

The original replica tune was deemed good enough for me as I used Tsukuba ( C6 ZR1 ) and Big Willow lap performance ( time and handling ) as benchmark. It did 1:02s easily without much fuss and the stability on the front end was intended to keep the car stable at Tsukuba.

If we have video record ( inboard cam ), we can see how much neutrality the car has on higher speed. Car reviews can be tricky things too, often journalists gave very good praise comparing to the much more inferior cars. So the no understeer might be great compared to the Nissan GTR ( MotorTrend comparison test at Big Willow )

Anyway, I look forward for feedback on the new update Z06, I'm here to improve it :P

@ALB123 you mention La Sierra & driving at speeds that will put your licence at risk. They have laws here that will see your car crushed at the wreckers if you drive fast enough. 3 strikes and it's tin can time :crazy:
I've only been driving Sierra for 4 days now and I'm still having a wonderful time *sarcasm dodging the erratic AI in the NISMO GT-R :mad: :banghead:.
So hard to see through the spray of the cars in front :eek:
It's a great road for replicating a nice drive in the countryside though 👍

If you have a chance, in the next couple of days, please try to give the Z06 a few minutes of your time. I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say. 👍
I wasn't in the mood these days to master the monster :D (I felt too tired after work).
I'll take it out for sure, but most probably it will happen through the weekend. :cheers:

Here is the video of the 1st vs test Z06 against NISMO GTR, notice how the Z06 launch, take corners and slide on Pilot Cup 2 tires ( Z07 pack ) :D

The Z06 is a little bit lighter than Car & Drive test, 1600kg, 3527lb. 15kg difference.

The Z06 went a bit wide entering the left up hill corner after the 2nd long right curve ( around 12:40+s ) Randy said the car can be pretty loose, it was more due to the rear caster alignment being wrongly setup. The Z06 has rear caster adjust-ability, rarely possible on road cars.

And we have G reading as well side by side lap :D awesome :P

Now compare the replay I have provided ( speed in corners ) to the Randy lap :D The 2nd corner long right curve is a must to watch :) The last few high speed corners are not accurate though, the CS tire in GT6 and the lack of aero drag makes the Z06 replica much faster there.

The lap time also shows, 1:27.10, most of the time lost was on the high speed section and some corners where Randy has to correct the steering ( unstable rear ) due to the misalignment of rear caster.

It will be interesting if there's another video for 1:25.00 lap, I'm sure the replay and video would be much closer on the last half of the track.

I also built the Nissan NISMO GTR replica, tested on Big Willow too, 1:25.7 lap target :P Very similar performance in cornering/speeds to the video.

The Z06 straight speed is strange, it barely touch 145mph on finish line ... if it did 1:25s, most of the time must have been gained from higher top speed on high speed curve and main straight. Could it be the car has less output than it should ? MotorTrend article I think mentioned about oil temp rising even after 1 lap at 350 degree.

Last edited:
To anyone who are testing the new Z06 update, for even better road holding with flat floor, you can try even stiffer damper overall :

Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 8 7

The setup above should drive well given the amount of load exerted on the tires from added downforce. The 8 AT ratio also highly recommended for 1.17.

No Isometric Exhaust Manifold.
Don't touch the Final Gear at the end of the transmission setup.

:cheers:

I fixed the exhaust manifold, for the final gear, I added 1.17 on the 2nd custom transmission setup, the top one is the original method from before 1.17 :) Thank for the correction.

To all who watched the Z06 vs NISMO GTR video, watch the end credits, Randy said a lot about the Z06 :D

I'm very happy that you don't take anything I might say about the car that's negative as a personal attack, Ridox, because I certainly do not mean to imply anything negative about YOUR abilities. While I already knew you wouldn't take my comments personally, I just feel the need to explain myself because I don't want anyone reading this thread to think I'm attacking your abilities. All the regulars of Ridox Replica Garage know how much I love your builds!! :D

So, you just updated to v1.17? You poor thing...Now you've been infected with the "Tranny Bug" as well. :mad: I really hope that they plan on "fixing" it. I say it that way because if you think about it, there isn't technically anything wrong about the way we have to set the transmissions now. It's just different from what we are used to, so we don't like it and we want it set back to the old way. I think they should change it back, or at least fix the part where the transmission goes back to completely stock if you adjust the Final Gear after moving the Max Speed slider. That's just silly.

To be honest, I really wish you didn't make any changes to your Z06 (Z07 Package) Replica Tune. So far, I am the only person who has come forward with any complaints. Perhaps I am a complete idiot and I just don't know what I'm talking about. What if these new changes actually make the car worse for other people?? :eek: Last night, I installed the Flat Floor and took it for a rip around Nurburgring GP/D as well as La Sierra. The Flat Floor definitely improves what I thought was unrealistic acceleration when driving near mid-triple digits. Unfortunately, I didn't make ANY other changes to the setup and you're right Ridox, the understeer persisted. I was so tired at that point, I couldn't even tell if the understeer got better or worse with the Flat Floor. A few laps and I had to go to bed, so I will test more - hopefully sometime today. I was 2 seconds faster, per lap, around GP/D with your Corvette C7.R Replica Build (557PP) than with the Z06 w/Z07 Package (599PP). That Flat Floor affects the PP level drastically!

Will some of you regulars drive this damn car and let us know what you think? :mad: :D :lol:

I'm very happy that you don't take anything I might say about the car that's negative as a personal attack, Ridox, because I certainly do not mean to imply anything negative about YOUR abilities. While I already knew you wouldn't take my comments personally, I just feel the need to explain myself because I don't want anyone reading this thread to think I'm attacking your abilities. All the regulars of Ridox Replica Garage know how much I love your builds!! :D

So, you just updated to v1.17? You poor thing...Now you've been infected with the "Tranny Bug" as well. :mad: I really hope that they plan on "fixing" it. I say it that way because if you think about it, there isn't technically anything wrong about the way we have to set the transmissions now. It's just different from what we are used to, so we don't like it and we want it set back to the old way. I think they should change it back, or at least fix the part where the transmission goes back to completely stock if you adjust the Final Gear after moving the Max Speed slider. That's just silly.

To be honest, I really wish you didn't make any changes to your Z06 (Z07 Package) Replica Tune. So far, I am the only person who has come forward with any complaints. Perhaps I am a complete idiot and I just don't know what I'm talking about. What if these new changes actually make the car worse for other people?? :eek: Last night, I installed the Flat Floor and took it for a rip around Nurburgring GP/D as well as La Sierra. The Flat Floor definitely improves what I thought was unrealistic acceleration when driving near mid-triple digits. Unfortunately, I didn't make ANY other changes to the setup and you're right Ridox, the understeer persisted. I was so tired at that point, I couldn't even tell if the understeer got better or worse with the Flat Floor. A few laps and I had to go to bed, so I will test more - hopefully sometime today. I was 2 seconds faster, per lap, around GP/D with your Corvette C7.R Replica Build (557PP) than with the Z06 w/Z07 Package (599PP). That Flat Floor affects the PP level drastically!

Will some of you regulars drive this damn car and let us know what you think? :mad: :D :lol:

I still have the old setup save, no worries :) you can compare the old and new on separate tab, the flat floor will make the old setup feel softer and sluggish. The new setup and even stiffer damper that I posted above will make it sharper.

Have you watched the video above entirely ? You can see the lap at Big Willow on 2nd corner long right curve, he hold the speed there in similar ways to the replica :)

I have seen the video. The day it posted to YouTube my brother texted me, we both watched it and then spent an hour talking about it on the phone. He's in the market for a new sports car. He's very interested in the Z06, but he has quite a few concerns as well. I think he is going to end up with a Porsche 911 Carrera S. I will have to re-watch the video and pay more attention to the little details. 👍

for the final gear, I added 1.17 on the 2nd custom transmission setup, the top one is the original method from before 1.17 :)
You're right, sorry. I saw the second version but I still believed that it will reset if you change it. Until now, when I checked it after reading your answer and thought: what if you (me) are wrong? :) 👍

Oh, and I changed the gauges because I already have a huge speedometer and tachometer also. ;)

Edit: And sadly I was right. It will reset if you touch it again. :(

Last edited:
You're right, sorry. I saw the second version but I still believed that it will reset if you change it. Until now, when I checked it after reading your answer and thought: what if you (me) are wrong? :) 👍

Oh, and I changed the gauges because I already have a huge speedometer and tachometer also. ;)

Edit: And sadly I was right. It will reset if you touch it again. :(

The 2nd set with 1.17 label has 3.800 final set at the beginning and not touched again, does it stick ? The 1st set is for when the bug get fixed, anytime now :lol:

I was just driving the Corvette Z06 w/Z07 Package. The car is drastically better, in my opinion! :D 👍 It still understeers, but it's not even close to what it was when I dove the first build. I've been working on ways to deal with the understeer and still maintain good pace. I think I'm just about there...

This build was almost 2 full seconds faster around Nurburging GP/D compared to the first build. That's no joke... I also took it around La Sierra. It felt beautiful on that road. Grip feels so good with the SH tires. Considering the real Z06 (Z07 Pckg) comes with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, which are arguably the stickiest road tire available, I could see SH or possibly even SM tires being a nice fit for this Corvette.

While I very much appreciate the changes you made to the Corvette, Ridox, I still kind of feel bad that you decided to change your settings based solely on my silly complaints. I really wish some of the other regulars could have driven the car and reported how they felt the car behaved with the original settings. That is, unless you also felt the complaints I had were legitimate..maybe you also felt the massive understeer, poor braking and too much pull above 120-130 MPH.

I was just driving the Corvette Z06 w/Z07 Package. The car is drastically better, in my opinion! :D 👍 It still understeers, but it's not even close to what it was when I dove the first build. I've been working on ways to deal with the understeer and still maintain good pace. I think I'm just about there...

This build was almost 2 full seconds faster around Nurburging GP/D compared to the first build. That's no joke... I also took it around La Sierra. It felt beautiful on that road. Grip feels so good with the SH tires. Considering the real Z06 (Z07 Pckg) comes with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, which are arguably the stickiest road tire available, I could see SH or possibly even SM tires being a nice fit for this Corvette.

While I very much appreciate the changes you made to the Corvette, Ridox, I still kind of feel bad that you decided to change your settings based solely on my silly complaints. I really wish some of the other regulars could have driven the car and reported how they felt the car behaved with the original settings. That is, unless you also felt the complaints I had were legitimate..maybe you also felt the massive understeer, poor braking and too much pull above 120-130 MPH.

Add little toe out at the front may help and have you used the even higher damper I posted separately ? If you want to try, increase rear spring rate to 14.73 or 15.18 :P This should improve the understeer, but might be bouncy :lol:

To anyone who are testing the new Z06 update, for even better road holding with flat floor, you can try even stiffer damper overall :

Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 8 7

The setup above should drive well given the amount of load exerted on the tires from added downforce. The 8 AT ratio also highly recommended for 1.17.

Don't feel bad, if I can improve the car, I will do it. The old damper and ARB is too soft for flat floor, so unless anyone want to drive it without flat floor, there's not much use on softer damper and ARB.

The understeer was intentional, but I felt it was just right, most likely as I don't use ABS, I didn't get the push too much. You can easily see it on my big willow lap.

The braking part, did you notice big difference in distance with racing brakes ? When I tested racing brakes at big willow 1st turn, the braking point is only slightly improved.

For the high speed acceleration, as I wrote on the note, flat floor would immensely help getting realistic performance at high speed.

Add little toe out at the front may help and have you used the even higher damper I posted separately ? If you want to try, increase rear spring rate to 14.73 or 15.18 :P This should improve the understeer, but might be bouncy :lol:

Don't feel bad, if I can improve the car, I will do it. The old damper and ARB is too soft for flat floor, so unless anyone want to drive it without flat floor, there's not much use on softer damper and ARB.

The understeer was intentional, but I felt it was just right, most likely as I don't use ABS, I didn't get the push too much. You can easily see it on my big willow lap.

The braking part, did you notice big difference in distance with racing brakes ? When I tested racing brakes at big willow 1st turn, the braking point is only slightly improved.

For the high speed acceleration, as I wrote on the note, flat floor would immensely help getting realistic performance at high speed.
It seems I definitely need to drive this again, I just haven't been able to find the time.
I'm wondering if the 7.24.xxx around the Nordschleife I managed with the original settings (and the flat floor I didn't know I had fitted already) is a decent time? Especially if you say the dampers would be too soft and the revisions you've made will provide more front end grip.
Just to clarify, do you think the 7MT or the 8AT version would be faster?

Back