Rim size effect car handling?

United States
Pennsylvania
dayofwar2009
PSN#2 Roob_OG
Title says it all. I ran a search and as usual came up with a bunch of barely related stuff. (I need a crash course on the search function of this site) anyway does rim size matter for anything except visual preference?

In real life - yes it can (changes the angles of the suspension components)

In game - No, doesn't change a thing. It only changes the rim size not the actual radius of the wheel (larger rim/thinner tyre profile)

Can add just one more quick question?

I'm assuming the answer is 'no', but has it been determined if the thinner tyre profile creates a less flex effect that tightens handling or possibly increases degradation?

Cheers.

@rosckolove-. (I need a crash course on the search function of this site)

I feel exactly the same way. I had the same question as you did above. I'm always worried I'm going to have fire thrown at me if i ask something that has already been address. But when i use the search function i don't get anything remotely close to what I'm looking for.

So thank you for asking this 👍

Can add just one more quick question?

I'm assuming the answer is 'no', but has it been determined if the thinner tyre profile creates a less flex effect that tightens handling or possibly increases degradation?

Cheers.
The tyre model is currently displaying no flex at all, seems to be the cause of the camber troubles as well. There was a glitch early on where changing the wheels would change the tyre width on certain cars but that has long since been patched. Changing rims is purely cosmetic at the moment, changes nothing in the handling/friction physics of a car. There have been a few posts about this but they are quite scattered and often in unrelated threads

I feel exactly the same way. I had the same question as you did above. I'm always worried I'm going to have fire thrown at me if i ask something that has already been address. But when i use the search function i don't get anything remotely close to what I'm looking for.

Never worry about what others say on your post, you ask your questions it's your post.

Some will help you & for the ones that don't like it they seem to find away to write negative things instead of helping just tell them to piss off and mind their business.

Worry not about the know it all's they seem to forget when they were here for the first time seeking help, so ask away all you want especially with a new GT Series.

It could be a bit like the game, its not the user that is at fault but the software.
I to get nothing related to what I asked most of the time.
One time the hamsters in my machine woke up & got on there wheel & hey presto relevant stuff.
Unfortunately it still didn't actually show the thread I was trying to find but they were close.

Back