RIP Midnight Club

Discussion in 'Midnight Club' started by dk00111, Jan 19, 2010.

1. dk00111

dk00111

2. Worst_Driver

Worst_Driver

It's sad that they killed an amazing arcade racing series and even more considering that it is rockstar's second best selling game. I've played countless hours since the second and I'm still enjoying MCLA. Maybe they'll revive it after red dead redemption... hopefully because I can't wait for more midnight club.

RIP Midnight Club.

oohhh yeah likes this.
  3. Legendary

Legendary

Its unfortunate because it was a good game and then came along LA, LA ruined the series in my opinion and I am disappointed in it along with many others. I played MC 1 when I was a very young kid so I am sad to see a good past time die.

4. Turbo Lag

Turbo Lag Premium

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It was OK but I don't really care anymore, however knowing that R* SD can make good MC games I really, really do hope it's replaced in the coming years.

5. JonesyGT246

JonesyGT246

I've played all the Midnight Club games and enjoyed them. I'm sad to see it go. If it doesn't return, I think it went out with a bang. May it rest in peace.

VspecZR1GT2RS89 likes this.
  6. jamzzz969

jamzzz969

What! No! The Midnight Club series was awesome! I only played 3 and LA but they were both awesome! Why stop making it now, especially as it was one of Rockstars biggest money makers!

VspecZR1GT2RS89 likes this.
  7. sennarose88

sennarose88

Early give up? :scared: Even there isn't any other action-arcade racing game that could match Midnight Clubs! Give me a) more Midnight Clubs (at least reincarnation), or b) make the next GTA with Midnight Club's vehicle physics!

8. magicalgin

magicalgin

Imagine San Andreas in next-gen graphics and with MNC physics. :drool: Best game ever.

9. Lancia stratos

Lancia stratos

Jeez. Im gonna miss a great street racing game.....

10. Turbo Lag

Turbo Lag Premium

I'd rather that MC had GTA's physics.

11. :Ziggy:

:Ziggy:

Agreed, and they could also add the Midnight Club A.I into gta because we all know how bad the street racing A.I is in gta. GTA is more realistic in its handling than Midnight club in my opinion, not that gta is a sim or anything...:sly:.
    RIP

12. Daniel

Daniel Premium

Imagine if GTA got new physics, and the reverse lights stopped working and skid marks didn't appear on the road?

RIP MNC. I've got 3:Remix a few months ago. Physics are extremely arcadey, but that's what made it fun... and the sense of speed. I hope they keep the online servers up :(.

13. :Ziggy:

:Ziggy:

nnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!:)

14. Turbo Lag

Turbo Lag Premium

I'd gladly rock GTA physics even for an arcade racing game.

15. sennarose88

sennarose88

Err... Thats why Rockstar killed MC?

16. Razzman

Razzman

Damn thats bad news. I dismissed the Midnight Club games for ages, thought they'd just be more arcadey rubbish, the likes of Max Power Racing on PS1. Then I actually played MC3 and thought it was great fun. Got the LA complete edition recently and I love it. Its great to just rag the cars around for a laugh when I can't be bothered with a serious circuit race on GT5P or Supercar Challenge. Only problem it has is not enough cars. Need to hunt down a copy of 3:remix for my PS2 once I've finished this. Dissapointing to hear they wont be making any nore though.

17. Pitracer100

Pitracer100

Hopefully they do keep the servers up for MC:LA or I might have to take a moment of silence.:(

18. dk00111

dk00111

How was LA a bad game?

19. Dragonistic

Dragonistic

I think bad is a harsh word, it's just very meh. The physics are meh, the online is meh, the car list is very meh. They took alot of steps backwards compared to MC3 (and Remix) just look at the car lists for each and the physics were almost customisable in a sense with just how far you could take the tuning on MC3 if you knew how.

20. Legendary

Legendary

I never said it was bad, I said I was disappointed in it. It was as Drag has mentioned, "Meh".

21. dk00111

dk00111

Hmm, maybe it's cause I haven't played the third. I thought it was pretty good though.

22. Ya21

Ya21

This is a very sad death.
    Next thing ya know NFS might be next.

23. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's been dead for awhile now. Shift was a partial revival back to what it once was though.

24. DonkeyFuzz

DonkeyFuzz

Midnight Club 2 rules!

25. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

What nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :tdown:

There goes the best street racing game ,unreal ,MCLA owned the NFS series :grumpy:

26. Rykon Zero

Rykon Zero Premium

What NFS was like, was Gran Turismo-sub supercars+really cool tracks.

I want a new NFS III:HP.

27. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

+1 Hot pursuit 2 was on of my favourite all time games

28. Robin

Robin Premium

I only ever bought MC-LA on PS3. I thought it was a decient effort and it was visually stunning and very challenging. The only problem was the car list was quite light. It was good that they added South Central for free but making people pay for a few more cars which should have been in at launch was quite lame. Hopefully one day those car packs will be released for free. Also the severs better stay online seeing as Rockstar has got into all that social club stuff.

After hearing all these good things about MC3 Remix I might have to pick it up second hand somewhere but I already have so many damn racing games on PS2! My favourite arcade racer of all time is the original NFS-SE closely followed by NFSHP2 and TDU. TDU2 will be coming soon so hopefully that will give me my open world racing fix.

Robin.

29. GTRufus

GTRufus

don't worry guys, i will keep you entertaining by making videos of mc3 & LA on ym youtube page:)

30. Daniel

Daniel Premium

I actually have both, plus High Stakes, Porsche 2000/Unleashed, Underground 2, Most Wanted, Carbon: Collectors', Prostreet... AND Undercover.
    And i've signed up for the World: Beta. :p

ON-Topic. yeah, i've got the 3:remix and it has a great choice of cars :tup: sad to hear this. :(