RIP Midnight Club

• Thread starter dk00111
  • 72 comments
It's sad that they killed an amazing arcade racing series and even more considering that it is rockstar's second best selling game. I've played countless hours since the second and I'm still enjoying MCLA. Maybe they'll revive it after red dead redemption... hopefully because I can't wait for more midnight club.

RIP Midnight Club.

Its unfortunate because it was a good game and then came along LA, LA ruined the series in my opinion and I am disappointed in it along with many others. I played MC 1 when I was a very young kid so I am sad to see a good past time die.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It was OK but I don't really care anymore, however knowing that R* SD can make good MC games I really, really do hope it's replaced in the coming years.

I've played all the Midnight Club games and enjoyed them. I'm sad to see it go. If it doesn't return, I think it went out with a bang. May it rest in peace.

Early give up? :scared: Even there isn't any other action-arcade racing game that could match Midnight Clubs! Give me a) more Midnight Clubs (at least reincarnation), or b) make the next GTA with Midnight Club's vehicle physics!

Early give up? :scared: Even there isn't any other action-arcade racing game that could match Midnight Clubs! Give me a) more Midnight Clubs (at least reincarnation), or b) make the next GTA with Midnight Club's vehicle physics!

Imagine San Andreas in next-gen graphics and with MNC physics. :drool: Best game ever.

I'd rather that MC had GTA's physics.

Agreed, and they could also add the Midnight Club A.I into gta because we all know how bad the street racing A.I is in gta. GTA is more realistic in its handling than Midnight club in my opinion, not that gta is a sim or anything...:sly:.
RIP

Agreed, and they could also add the Midnight Club A.I into gta because we all know how bad the street racing A.I is in gta. GTA is more realistic in its handling than Midnight club in my opinion, not that gta is a sim or anything...:sly:.
RIP

Imagine if GTA got new physics, and the reverse lights stopped working and skid marks didn't appear on the road?

RIP MNC. I've got 3:Remix a few months ago. Physics are extremely arcadey, but that's what made it fun... and the sense of speed. I hope they keep the online servers up :(.

imagine if gta got new physics, and the reverse lights stopped working and skid marks didn't appear on the road?

rip mnc. I've got 3:remix a few months ago. Physics are extremely arcadey, but that's what made it fun... And the sense of speed. I hope they keep the online servers up :(.

nnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!:)

Damn thats bad news. I dismissed the Midnight Club games for ages, thought they'd just be more arcadey rubbish, the likes of Max Power Racing on PS1. Then I actually played MC3 and thought it was great fun. Got the LA complete edition recently and I love it. Its great to just rag the cars around for a laugh when I can't be bothered with a serious circuit race on GT5P or Supercar Challenge. Only problem it has is not enough cars. Need to hunt down a copy of 3:remix for my PS2 once I've finished this. Dissapointing to hear they wont be making any nore though.

Imagine if GTA got new physics, and the reverse lights stopped working and skid marks didn't appear on the road?

RIP MNC. I've got 3:Remix a few months ago. Physics are extremely arcadey, but that's what made it fun... and the sense of speed. I hope they keep the online servers up :(.

Hopefully they do keep the servers up for MC:LA or I might have to take a moment of silence.:(

Its unfortunate because it was a good game and then came along LA, LA ruined the series in my opinion and I am disappointed in it along with many others. I played MC 1 when I was a very young kid so I am sad to see a good past time die.

How was LA a bad game?

I think bad is a harsh word, it's just very meh. The physics are meh, the online is meh, the car list is very meh. They took alot of steps backwards compared to MC3 (and Remix) just look at the car lists for each and the physics were almost customisable in a sense with just how far you could take the tuning on MC3 if you knew how.

I never said it was bad, I said I was disappointed in it. It was as Drag has mentioned, "Meh".

I think bad is a harsh word, it's just very meh. The physics are meh, the online is meh, the car list is very meh. They took alot of steps backwards compared to MC3 (and Remix) just look at the car lists for each and the physics were almost customisable in a sense with just how far you could take the tuning on MC3 if you knew how.

Hmm, maybe it's cause I haven't played the third. I thought it was pretty good though.

What nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 👎

There goes the best street racing game ,unreal ,MCLA owned the NFS series :grumpy:

I only ever bought MC-LA on PS3. I thought it was a decient effort and it was visually stunning and very challenging. The only problem was the car list was quite light. It was good that they added South Central for free but making people pay for a few more cars which should have been in at launch was quite lame. Hopefully one day those car packs will be released for free. Also the severs better stay online seeing as Rockstar has got into all that social club stuff.

After hearing all these good things about MC3 Remix I might have to pick it up second hand somewhere but I already have so many damn racing games on PS2! My favourite arcade racer of all time is the original NFS-SE closely followed by NFSHP2 and TDU. TDU2 will be coming soon so hopefully that will give me my open world racing fix.

Robin.

What NFS was like, was Gran Turismo-sub supercars+really cool tracks.

I want a new NFS III:HP.

+1 Hot pursuit 2 was on of my favourite all time games

I actually have both, plus High Stakes, Porsche 2000/Unleashed, Underground 2, Most Wanted, Carbon: Collectors', Prostreet... AND Undercover.
And i've signed up for the World: Beta. :P

ON-Topic. yeah, i've got the 3:remix and it has a great choice of cars 👍 sad to hear this. :(

Back