Rocket League

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 862 comments
I would thought since the release of hockey, and now hoops, I thought the wording could be changed a little bit to represent which mode you are doing.
That's probably too hard to change it and kept it the same.

I was having a hard time with hoops and now im starting to get a little better. In my opinion it's all about having good luck. It really doesn't take that much skill when it comes to basketball mode. I mean it does but not a lot compare to soccer or hockey mode.

Did a short game vs AI with the new Basket Ball mode, and frankly, I think it's awful. Will stick to the standard football mode.

Did a short game vs AI with the new Basket Ball mode, and frankly, I think it's awful. Will stick to the standard football mode.

I've not played against AI in hoops, but since the AI is bad in the normal mode, I have to assume they're absolutely dreadful at hoops. Try a game or two online, it's not that bad.

Anybody else really not care for the more gimmicky modes? I literally only do ranked doubles and singles, 600 matches in. I really don't enjoy the other modes because they feel a bit half baked. Cool asides, but I feel like after one game I've seen it all.

I played hockey mode twice and used the mutators about three times. They're fun and all, but after investing so much time playing the regular game I just enjoy that the most.

I love rocket league because I don't really have time for more than a match or two at a time. It's perfect because it launches fast and I can get a game in.

Basketball isn't as much fun. I wanted them to make a volleyball mode.

They should make a really huge map and make it so it can be every man or woman for themselves and it's 4 goals. That sounds fun. Maybe teams can work. 2 at max since the game goes up to 8 players at most.

They should make a really huge map and make it so it can be every man or woman for themselves and it's 4 goals. That sounds fun. Maybe teams can work. 2 at max since the game goes up to 8 players at most.
I I always used to think it would be fun if the old version had a full size game of football. 11 vs 11. I doubt they'd be able to handle 22 players though.

Huge update coming to Rocket league on June 20th. Here are the details:

• The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season’s players with exclusive Rocket Trails that reflect their highest achieved ranks
  • An expanded Item drop system that adds…
  • New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
  • New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
  • “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
  • Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms [Blog Coming June 13]
  • A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC [Blog Coming June
Can't wait:D I'm glad they trying to get rid of that smufing crap people been doing for I don't know how long now. It ruins the fun.

Also a free new map:D Here is the trailer

Also to add.
Free Online for Xbox players.
Unknown if it would also be on PS4.

Note that the 'new' map is actually the finished Underpass map from rocket labs, except it's now being added to regular and competitive playlists.

Was doing pretty good for pass couple of days on this game and then next thing you know I'm just losing games left and right in ranked. I love this game. I really do. But man this game can be frustrating as hell. Then you got people doing that smufing crap. I'm really going against grand champions ATM and I'm only a challenger 2

Season 3 of ranked just started. It can't be and is not balanced right now, so if you play it it's your own fault if you get burnt.

Indeed, I got matched up against the season 2 grand champion yesterday. We gave his team a good run for their money, only losing 4-3 in overtime.

The updates are pretty good, adding those little touches that make the game even better and more enjoyable.

I need like 2 trophies for this game to platinum.
150 items and play with a friend.

How comfortable are you guys with aerials and freestyling?

Performing aerials, and setups for aerials is quite challenging for me at this time. I have only put 20 hours into the game, and put 20% of that time in watching tutorials. I've been missing contact with the ball because I'm still bad at gauging my distance.

Anything above double jump height is a no go for me. I don't fly, except for if I am one goal behind and the ball is flying right in front of goal with a few seconds left. I cannot fly accurately, but I've learned how to jump well enough to get the ball over those won't fly as well.

I'm quite comfortable with aerials when it just comes to a single touch and sending the ball in roughly the direction I want it to go, I find it especially useful when the ball is otherwise just going to drop right in front of my own goal as an aerial can clear that with minimum risk. Those multi-touch guys dribbling the ball through the air though are just incredibly skilled.

How comfortable are you guys with aerials and freestyling?

Performing aerials, and setups for aerials is quite challenging for me at this time. I have only put 20 hours into the game, and put 20% of that time in watching tutorials. I've been missing contact with the ball because I'm still bad at gauging my distance.

Nobody is comfortable with aerials after 20 hours, in fact I bet a huge amount of people don't even really try aerials after 20 hours.

Anything above double jump height is a no go for me. I don't fly, except for if I am one goal behind and the ball is flying right in front of goal with a few seconds left. I cannot fly accurately, but I've learned how to jump well enough to get the ball over those won't fly as well.

Just make sure to keep trying though, because eventually you will get better. You'll have to, because the opponents will as well. :)

As I am someone who just loves the spectacular I was trying ariels very quickly, though I didn't get good at them for a long time. Don't worry too much about it, they'll come in time.

Played some games last night after a two months hiatus. Funnily, I played and adapted just as good and quickly as I did before DR took over my playing time. My aerials still need some work though :embarrassed:

Will the retail version of the include all DLC?

MXH
Played some games last night after a two months hiatus. Funnily, I played and adapted just as good and quickly as I did before DR took over my playing time. My aerials still need some work though :embarrassed:

Will the retail version of the include all DLC?

Yes, and 4 timed exclusive cars.

Back