Rocket League

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 862 comments
Uhm, yes. This fun, insane game would balance out the seriousness of Project Cars perfectly. DL'ing now.

Jerome

(There is some language in the chat after the 7th goal is scored, so warning for that.)

This is the video of the match I referenced in my previous post from the perspective of one of my friends, who happened to do most of the work in this match. The match after this one, we beat these same guys 10-0 and each of us had a hat trick, with me having 4 goals. I don't think any of us saved the replay of that match.

Rocket League.
No matter which sim racing game you play.

This is a great way to unwind and have fun.

Rocket League_20150718072227.jpg

Rocket League_20150715212426.jpg

I just need to drive 500km and play online with a friend to get the platinum. Is there any way to see how far you've driven? I don't see it under the stats section and I think its like what 200miles, yea? I think I'm at like 10 miles so far if I add up the stats I see under tire types??? Uhh, I don't know how anyone would have a platinum yet, unless they got in on the beta???

This game is so fun, but also infuriating at times kind of like CoD. The randomness really has its swings of good and bad luck. Sometimes I can just feel I can't do anything to stop the other team from scoring, like its destiny or something :lol: And sometimes i feel like a straight gangsta with some of the lucky shots I've done.

Jerome

My favorite moments are when the ball bounces towards a goal (slowly) and everyone goes into panic mode, rushing for the save/goal and we all miss it.....such good times!

Do any of you play online often? I tend to get a few matches in each night and wouldn't mind joining up for some dumb fun? PS4

I try and play everyday since the game is really fun, I agree it's pretty nerve racking when the ball rolls past any goal and it's a few feet away from being a score :lol:

Some people have done a rubberband trick to get that distance done.

I thought about doing that, but how would that work? Do they do it online then and never need to press the X button?

Jerome

I thought about doing that, but how would that work? Do they do it online then and never need to press the X button?

Jerome
Offline in freeplay. Rubberband on the R2 trigger and just let the car go for hours.

Could also do exhibition with no bots, but then there's the risk of the ball getting hit into a goal and ending the game.

Ah, okay and I guess I'd need to rubberband the left stick too.

EDIT: Actually the game automatically flips my car over when I fall from the ceiling so now I just sit and wait. Even if a goal gets scored, no buttons need to be pressed, awesome. Great tip @GTPorsche!

EDIT 2: The game doesn't accumulate miles in the time trial free mode. It also doesn't accumulate miles for matches you don't finish. So it looks like the only way would be to do it online??? That sucks because you'd be hurting the team, but maybe with 4v4 it wouldn't be as noticeable?

EDIT 3: Nope, it doesn't accumulate mileage online either, only local matches against the AI that I actually complete, as far as I can tell.

Anyone else have a scrolling message at the bottom of the main menu screen that says I'm not online? I wonder if there's something up with the connection? Although I've played probably a 100 games online by now. *shrug* I'm trying a local 1v1 match now and see if I have to press X to start another game or not. Aaand of course not. So, it looks to me like it's not possible to do the rubberband trick on this game without pressing X???

EDIT 4: My last idea is to do an exhibition match with no bots and just have the car do circles the whole time. I can't boost, but it will just end up being one long match because there is no clock in overtime, that should do it 👍 This will just be my 2nd platinum trophy, the other I also used a rubber band, in GT5 and I used a turbo controller to press X automatically to restart.

Jerome

Last edited:
Anyone else have a scrolling message at the bottom of the main menu screen that says I'm not online? I wonder if there's something up with the connection? Although I've played probably a 100 games online by now. *shrug*
Don't worry, the ticker is broken for everyone. A Psyonix dev made a post about it on reddit but I can't remember were it is. To paraphrase, they said that they made some changes to the database to help with server stability, but this broke the ticker since it's designed for the older version of the database. It's going to be fixed in the next patch.

Don't worry, the ticker is broken for everyone. A Psyonix dev made a post about it on reddit but I can't remember were it is. To paraphrase, they said that they made some changes to the database to help with server stability, but this broke the ticker since it's designed for the older version of the database. It's going to be fixed in the next patch.

Well my last idea worked and when I woke up this morning I had 70km on my Lucy tires and the platinum trophy, woot woot! Now I just need to get 7 more levels to reach the Veteran status. 👍

Jerome

Anyone here mastered aerial hits and using boost in the air in general? That stuff looks neat but hard to master :lol:

1.03 patch notes.

NEW FEATURES

Gameplay

• “Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Content

• Topper: “Cherry Top” now includes a working, rotating light
  • Topper: “Propellerhead” now includes a working, rotating blade
Online Play

• AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
  • The first player to abandon a “Ranked” match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
UI/ UX

• (Steam) Added “Mouse Sensitivity” setting to the “Options” menu
  • (Steam) Added support for more resolutions
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Training

• “Freeplay” now grants truly unlimited “Rocket Boost”
UI/ UX

• Stats: Player’s “Win/ Loss Ratio” is now displayed as a “Win %”
BUG FIXES
General

• (PS4) Sweet Tooth now properly unlocks when completing a game with all 10 of the other Battle-Cars
  • (PS4) Multiple visual optimizations
  • Reduced, but did not eliminate, instances of the “Invisible Car” bug
  • Fixed multiple crash scenarios
Garage Items

• Antennas
    • Country Flags: Congo is now appropriately-named
    • Country Flags: Mexico is no longer reversed
    • Country Flags: Northern Ireland is now correct
    • Country Flags: United States now shows all 50 stars
Trophies and Achievements

• (Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
  • (PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
UI/ UX

• Stat tracking for online games is now properly reflected for their correlating Garage items
  • Blog and Scrolling Ticker now work as intended and will not errantly show “Offline” messages
  • “PsyNet” icons for cross-platform players will now display properly
  • Main Menu Player Avatars will no longer disappear between matches
  • Player names are now displayed correctly during “Replays”
Localization

• French, German, Italian, and Spanish-language corrections and improvements

What rank points does everyone currently have on Solo Ranked? I'm sitting at 704 currently.

Still new to the game so
I found a Solo Standard and a Solo Duel. Both at 0.
On the global I'm at the bottom in a Division 10 with 20 points.

At the bottom of the screen I'm semi pro with nearly 18 points.

The game is too much fun.

I don't think I can do ranked play, I think it would ruin part of the game for me. Like I'd start playing to rank up, making it a chore instead of a fun, relaxed game.

EDIT: Okay I tried a game of it last night and guess what, it never let me actually play : / it was just a camera view in the center of the field, so I had to exit. I tried again right after and won a 2v2 match. I didn't see anything about my 'ranking', so thats good, if I get better I may pop in on a few ranked matches later on.

Jerome

Last edited:
Ah, what a shame.
The free period is over.

Now I'm hooked and awaiting the DLC package. PSN account is ready. Send it.

Back