Rocket League

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 862 comments
Narrowly got eliminated from the tournament I'm hosting. Like, missed-a-goal-in-the-last-5-seconds-that-would-ended-in-overtime narrowly.

I haven't played PCars since before July 4th or whenever this game came out. It works too well to sit and play a quick match while being a baby daddy 👍

Jerome

Totally agree, I've missed these "pure fun" games I'm glad ps plus introduces me to such games.

My friends and I were just down 4-1 with what I think was 1 minute left.

I hit the game winning goal in with 0:01 left. One of the guys on the other team quit immediately.

Finally got my Sky High trophy. I don't know how many goals I got in the air attempting this one. I basically gave up trying specifically a while ago and just got lucky today. I just need to finish my season in the Dominus and run around with spinners on for a while and I'll have all the platinum trophies (again).

EDIT: And 100% again :)

Jerome

Last edited:
It's satisfying when you score a flying goal (not quite aerial height) by barely hitting the ball and the opposing team reacts with "🤬 off porsche veteran 🤬"

:lol:

Anyone else find themselves in this scenario in doubles?:

Enter/Start a match as the 3rd wheel
Get stuck with AI or a noob
Against two pretty solid opposition (pro/veteran, more common for me veteran/veteran)

I think the player matching is fubar'd:
Top ranked guy (usually me, but not always) and 'leftovers' vs. two people nearly/equal to my skill level.

It gets tiresome because it just keeps happening, sometimes up to 5 matches in a row (granted it doesn't ALWAY happen, just more than I think it should?). I tried jumping ship after each match, and staying with the same server (people cycling in/out). It's an annoyingly common theme because two guys play well together and can constantly be 'on the ball' so to speak, they always get the upper hand and tear through the weak link.

Jerome

Yeah. That's the reason I don't play doubles on my own. Standard is a bit easier, as long as you don't get paired with players that are on the level of headless chickens that feel the need to dribble the ball around aimlessly. Only time I've played doubles is when I'm partied up with a friend.

Maybe I'll play singles then. I stopped playing standard because no one would ever look after the goal. Each and every time I stepped away to make a play, it just sits there wide open like a large mouth bass waiting to be fed. And it gets fed :ouch: :lol:

I stopped playing ranked games because of the lag and the lag was affecting my score negatively.

Jerome

Lag is a major detriment in the game. More than any other game I've played. When it happens to me, I play more defensively than normal. I normally hang around midfield when not needed to defend the goal as it allows some opportunity that most players won't get the chance to go for.

The strategy for some in solo is to wait for the other person to hit the ball on the kickoff and use that initial hit to send the ball right back to the other end of the field and in the wide open goal for an easy score.

I also notice that a lot of people don't use the jump + front flip combination to move quickly downfield but will instead burn up their boost. I front flip as much as possible so I can use my boost for getting up in the air when it's needed.

Lag is a major detriment in the game. More than any other game I've played. When it happens to me, I play more defensively than normal. I normally hang around midfield when not needed to defend the goal as it allows some opportunity that most players won't get the chance to go for.

The strategy for some in solo is to wait for the other person to hit the ball on the kickoff and use that initial hit to send the ball right back to the other end of the field and in the wide open goal for an easy score.

I also notice that a lot of people don't use the jump + front flip combination to move quickly downfield but will instead burn up their boost. I front flip as much as possible so I can use my boost for getting up in the air when it's needed.

For sure. I bet those people generally don't have their wings yet, cause that's a no-brainer.

Jerome

I know @Ellis sometimes gets moist with tension in this game, but that's nothing compared to my moistness just today. Me, @ryanaldoblanco, @Pagey279 and @Spurgy 777 somehow managed to choke away a 5-1 lead to a constantly changing pack of randoms, and found ourselves in overtime with the game tied at 5-5. Then Spurgy decides he's had it with the tension and scores a fluke from the midfield to end the game. :dopey:

I finally leveled up to Expert last night and go the DLC trophies completed so I'm back at 100% 👍 I just can't put this game down. Sorry PCars, maybe later?

The Halloween DLC comes out tomorrow.

Then there's this:

zzzOMG!

I'm all over that.

Jerome

Craziest thing happened in a game I played earlier. I had a hat trick 1:15 into the game and my teammates started quitting. Because of that and some unlucky AI replacing, the other team went up 4-3. 2 seconds left I tied it at 4 and my team ended up winning in OT after 3 minutes of back and forth with a lot of close shots taking place.

Is it me or am i starting to find a lot of :censored:holes on this game. It's like it's turning into call of duty or something. People just love to talk 🤬 for no damn reason. It feels good as ever though when you win after they talked all that crap.

Is it me or am i starting to find a lot of :censored:holes on this game. It's like it's turning into call of duty or something. People just love to talk 🤬 for no damn reason. It feels good as ever though when you win after they talked all that crap.
The game is rife with 🤬. Like 95% of sports games.

The BTTF car is great, the tires flip in when in the air and the electricity effect starts when you hit max speed *applause* You leave flaming tire tracks when someone demolishes you :lol: Aside from the lag, I'm really impressed with Psyonix, they have done many things right.

Jerome

That sounds awesome, @Jump_Ace. I'll definitely have to get the BTTF DLC when I get home. Shame you can't customize it though, as someone mentioned over at NeoGAF.

That sounds awesome, @Jump_Ace. I'll definitely have to get the BTTF DLC when I get home. Shame you can't customize it though, as someone mentioned over at NeoGAF.

Yea unfortunately you can't. But I don't think you really need to *shrug*

Jerome

Looking for some good folks to play with on this.

I'm a bit random on this game... I'll either score hat tricks three games in a row or just fail at all opportunities.

Add me on PSN and mention 'Rocket League' and 'GTP' in the message if you would like to play sometime.

Nice, longest overtime game I've had was about 5 minutes in a 3v3.

Sorta turned off the game since I have average internet, but the ping becomes unstable during games

Oh well :(

Latest Posts

Back