Rocket League

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 862 comments
100 for solo, over 350 for both doubles and standard. Haven't played much ranked overall. At some point, ranked matches will be out of "pre-season" and the rankings will go back to base 100 again.
Yup, and that point has changed about 5 times! :lol: Longest pre-season ever.

So I noticed something recently. Everyone basically leaves the lobby once they see that I'm a 'Veteran'. At first I thought it was a coincidence a few weeks ago when I got it. But it's pretty obvious now. I'm not bad, I can fly pretty well but using that ball cam is just nuts when it pops up in the air. But if PCars didn't come out this year, I'd say its GOTY.

My only complaint is the lag and disconnects, maybe move the game-finding window to the left so it doesn't cover up the window behind it. Otherwise it's near perfect.

Jerome

3v3 standard unranked with a friend yesterday and we had a match go 0-0 in regulation, and then 9:22 into overtime. We ended up losing. I had 7 shots on goal. Just couldn't get anything to go in.

3v3 standard unranked with a friend yesterday and we had a match go 0-0 in regulation, and then 9:22 into overtime. We ended up losing. I had 7 shots on goal. Just couldn't get anything to go in.

Ahh man those feels when the OT goes longer than the regular match time limit :lol:

I was once in a 3v3 too, it ended 2-2 and then 7:45 into overtime. We did end up winning that though. It feel really satisfying to win after that long.

A problem I've noticed with this game is that I need to be 0% tired to play it. If I am just a bit tired, I don't enjoy the game and think ''I am too tired to be this excited. I'll play later.''

I played this game so much yesterday, every time I shut my eyes I see that massive flashing ball bouncing about! :crazy:

Looks like I'm going to platinum trophy this game, only need one more trophy... Since I've never got round to "platinuming" any game game must be super easy to do!

Teammate made a shot on goal. Instead of swarming in to try to slam it in better, I went around it, bashed the opposing player out of the way and the ball rolled nicely into the goal. The guy who scored the goal went on to say I was the real MVP. :lol:

Today I had a 4v4 game with GTP'ers against randoms where we overcame a 0-2 deficit to win 3-2 after a last-minute goal followed by a 6-minute overtime. In terms of personal stats, I've had a lot better games than that though.

Patch 1.05 is out today.

THE HEADLINES

• Ranked Season 1 Officially begins
  • Added multiple Ranked Season Divisions with post-Season Division placement rewards
  • Added “Ranked Solo Standard” back to the Online match queue
  • Made multiple improvements and adjustments to the Utopia Coliseum arena
  • PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
  • Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
  • Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
  • Added multiple “Spectate” mode improvements
  • Added 12 new Community Flags, 2 new Chivalry Flags, and 20+ new Country Flags
  • Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches

Complete list below…

NEW CONTENT

Antennas
  • Added “Community Flags”
    • Angry Army
    • Anne Munition
    • The Attack
    • EMD1
    • ESL
    • itmeJP
    • MLG
    • Razer
    • Saudi Gamer
    • Serious Gaming
  • Added “Video Games”
    • Chivalry – Agatha Knights
    • Chivalry – Mason Order
  • Added “Country Flags”
    • Bahrain
    • Belize
    • Bhutan
    • Botswana
    • Comoros
    • East Timor
    • Fiji
    • Gambia
    • Guinea-Bissau
    • Guyana
    • Kosovo
    • Lesotho
    • Macau
    • Mauritius
    • Puntland
    • Réunion
    • Solomon Islands
    • Somaliland
    • Suriname
    • Swaziland
    • Western Sahara

NEW FEATURES

Online Play
  • Added “Find New Match” option to Ranked endgame screen
  • PC Players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
Ranked Season
  • Season 1 has officially begun and all leaderboards have been reset
  • The “Solo Standard” 3v3 Ranked Playlist has been re-added
  • Season Rankings are now based on Rank Points (RP)
    • Rank Points are gained or lost based on Player skill rating, teammates’ skill, and the opponent’s skill (like the Pre-Season rating)
    • Rank Points change consistently throughout the Season unlike the Pre-Season skill rating, which changed less and less the more games that were played
    • Earning 100 RP will promote Players to the next Division, but dropping below 0 RP will demote them to the previous Division
    • The Player’s initial division is seeded based on their Pre-Season skill rating
  • Ranked Divisions are now separated into…
    • Unranked
    • Bronze I
    • Bronze II
    • Bronze III
    • Silver I
    • Silver II
    • Silver III
    • Gold I
    • Gold II
    • Gold III
    • Platinum (Top 100 Players)
  • Reaching Silver, Gold, or Platinum division rewards players with special reward items at the Season’s end
  • Note: Season 1 will last for the next several months. An end date will be announced several weeks in advance
UI/ UX
  • Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
  • Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
  • Added “Video Games” sub-section to Garage Items/ Antennas
  • Spectate Mode: Added persistent nameplate that shows username and stats for all players
  • Spectate Mode: Added the ability to focus on the ball while in Flycam
  • (PC) Spectate Mode: Controls now support hotkeys for camera switching between players or free cam

CHANGES AND UPDATES

• Ranked Pre-Season is now over (see above)
  • Improved overall connection reliability
Arena – Utopia Coliseum
  • Daylight has been changed to earlier in the day
  • Overall lighting effects and ambiance have been improved
  • Level boundaries are now more clearly defined
  • Added new arches around the outside of the playing field (because it looks cooler)
  • Player start positions and Boost placements have been standardized to match other maps
UI/ UX
  • Moved “Save Replay” option lower in the post-game screen so it is not selected by default
  • (PS4) Controller audio has been switched to “Off” by default for single-player, but can be toggled back on via Options menu (Splitscreen controller audio still defaults to “On”)
  • Disabled HTML tag support in chat
Garage Items
  • Antennas
    • Moved “Blacklight” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Blacklight: Retribution” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Edge of Space” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Fenix Rage” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Shadowgate” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Strike Vector EX” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Unreal” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Warframe” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Warframe Chroma” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Warframe Excalibur” to “Video Games” folder
    • Moved “Warframe Loki” to “Video Games” folder
    • (PS4) Moved “Sweet Tooth” to “Video Games” folder

BUG FIXES

General
  • Direct Input and XInput controllers no longer stop working when played together
  • Improved protection against corrupted save data
  • Repaired boundary-collision issue that would sometimes allow players to exit the arena
  • Fixed random invisibility bug associated with large Boost pick-ups
Audio
  • Fixed issue that caused in-game sounds to drop in and out
  • Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches
Maps
  • Utopia Coliseum: Fixed issue that would sometimes allow the ball to fall through the bottom of the map
UI/ UX
  • (PS4) Text chat now properly works after suspend/ resume
  • (PS4) Corrected issue that caused PC players to appear nameless to PS4 players following suspend/ resume

http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/patch-notes/

Still need to get around to buying this on PC... had all my money saved up and everything in case it went on sale, but Dragonball Xenoverse just went on sale and I'm currently selling TF2 items to afford that instead.

Scored 4 goals in a 7-4 victory for GTP'ers at a 3v3 match against pretty professional-looking fellows. Well, they looked professional until they forfeited right at the end. Good game though.

Those titles only correlate with levels.

Played ranked last night. Got my ranking up around 160 so far. It's gonna take a while with it only going up 6-8 points per game.

Karma is a bitch on Rocket League sometimes. In this one game, the randoms tied the game after one of them shoved me out of the goal so his teammate could score a freebie. About 20 seconds later, he watched from the prime spot as I slammed in the winning goal of the match. :)

Then comes the next game, where one of them decides to shove me around for seemingly no reason. Promptly afterwards, I catch a loose ball and hit it towards their net. It would've missed, if the shover-man didn't awkwardly redirect it into his own goal. That was another victorious game, in fact I don't recall losing to any randoms tonight.

And of course, in our last game, @DrifterJoe got a new catchy nickname from one of the opponents (not particularly AUP-friendly), and proceeded to score not too long after that. I think he got about 4 or 5 goals in that match.

Tonight i played with some GTP chums. Many banters were had. In our first game, we played some marvellous tactical teamwork in our first game to gain a 7 goal lead within 4 minutes. But in incredible scenes they brought it back to 7-3 with 30 seconds left. The match was tense. I couldn't believe my eyes. But in a spartan-esque scene of defiance we held out for the victory.

My brow was moist with tension

Tonight i played with some GTP chums. Many banters were had. In our first game, we played some marvellous tactical teamwork in our first game to gain a 7 goal lead within 4 minutes. But in incredible scenes they brought it back to 7-3 with 30 seconds left. The match was tense. I couldn't believe my eyes. But in a spartan-esque scene of defiance we held out for the victory.

My brow was moist with tension
I felt pretty moist too when you ricocheted my shot into your goal just a minute ago.

I'm not sure why, but nearly every game that has freezes and disconnects are Ranked games. So, I stopped. But I don't really feel the need to know how I rank. Bouncing between this and Mario Maker, both great games.

Jerome

Nothing like playing this game while listening to some GT4/GT5 lounge music:D

I been getting better at this game. Found out a few little things that made me better. Currently on level 28 and when it comes to the new ranking thing they added I'm at 171 at the moment.Oh and I platinum the game a few weeks ago.:)

Just had a mega game where I equalised with the timer set to 0:01 :lol:

This game is making me put down PCARS, that's how good it is.

Oh, cool. I didn't realize fysho was on GTP. You probably don't remember, but a couple friends and I (I__Like_Oranges)played against you in the semi finals at one of the ESL tournaments.
Don't think that would have been me. I haven't played any ESL tourneys.

Just had a mega game where I equalised with the timer set to 0:01 :lol:

This game is making me put down PCARS, that's how good it is.

I haven't played PCars since before July 4th or whenever this game came out. It works too well to sit and play a quick match while being a baby daddy 👍

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back