*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a few here, I get interested in these next gen sims like Assetto Corsa and P CARS, and then I don't. I bought the AC beta from the Steam store over the weekend and haven't even installed it. P CARS does look like the sim to get, but I warm up to it a little, then I meh out on it. I keep thinking that Forza is a little better and more fun, and that Gran Turismo is better than that.

GT has spoiled a lot of us racing fans. For all the complaining of what PD frooks up or doesn't include, the world seems pretty happy with what is working and is there. And that's my thing. Physics better on the PC sims? Sure, I'll grant you that, a little, but GT6 is close. And somehow, racing a car in GT6 is more "real" in some sense that's hard to explain. I know sim fans have chickens when they read things like this, but I'm not the only one saying it. Our own Lawndart, not just a game programmer but real life racer himself, has said something similar, and he's a pretty technical critic of Gran Turismo. There's just something about this series that doesn't exist in other racers. It's hard to explain or quantify, but... hey, we wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Good luck to P CARS, Forza too, and hopefully it'll nudge Kaz into liking their features enough to include some of them in GT7.

I've been on a rampage on the iRacing forums about the physics model of the MX5 Cup car. It is absolutely awful. I drive a 2012 MX5 that has been modified in a way that is very similar to the specs for the MX5 Cup car. And I get so pissed when people tell me that iRacing is more realistic than GT. I can't speak for every car because I haven't driven them all, but I do drive this car as my DD and I'm an instructor at one of our local tracks and track the car regularly. And I can tell you that I much prefer the physics and handling of the MX5 in GT5,6 over iRacing. Not even close. So PD got something right.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm wondering if the executives over at PD and Sony have figured out that all the stuff they hinted at in GT6 to drive up sales ... that some of that might need to wait for GT7 Prologue to entice people away from 6 and onto the new hardware. That's a pretty big financial hurdle for many. So perhaps that's why we haven't seen the enhanced track editor they promised. I for one would drop GT6 like a bad habit if they promised and delivered a GPS enabled or Google Earth enabled track editor. Hear me PD? Take my money. Give us the track editor. I want to model all the local tracks here in Texas. Please. That will keep me from leaving for pCars, dCars, cCars or any other Cars. Another automatic switch for me would be online racing that supported full spec racing .... I should be able to list every part allowed on a single make car and everyone has to make their car match the spec (or do it automatically, I don't care.) Spec Miata racing. Spec RUF Racing. Spec Ford Racing. Whatever. Take my money. I'll pay extra for multi-class spec racing. You get the idea. Simulate real racing.

- the mercedez sls amg gt5 challenge showed a good simulation at gt. it was a real comparation between real and virtual, and worked very well.
- PD promissing real telemetry ported to GT6 shows a big confidence in its phisics/mechanical simulator. i also have confidence that GT is a good simulator, simple, but good. that future data logger and gps visualiser will finally give us real telemetries to compare.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm wondering if the executives over at PD and Sony have figured out that all the stuff they hinted at in GT6 to drive up sales ... that some of that might need to wait for GT7 Prologue to entice people away from 6 and onto the new hardware.
Hinted at? You mean all those things that are printed on my game box, on the sales lit and the company website. I don't think most of us took those as hints. Yes, I paid full price for a game I knew was not complete at release. I did so knowing that it would be made complete in the future. If they don't finish GT6 they will never see another dime from me! My best guess would be that there would be a pretty good basis for a class action lawsuit if they were to put out another game and drop this one without finishing it.

... I'm wondering if the executives over at PD and Sony have figured out that all the stuff they hinted at in GT6 to drive up sales ... that some of that might need to wait for GT7 Prologue to entice people away from 6 and onto the new hardware. That's a pretty big financial hurdle for many.

There are a few other choice phrases I might use to describe that action before 'financial hurdle'. :irked:

slighty mad studios are making all the right promisses for Pcars and dont forget Driveclub, its being remade, so there is a good chance that both games will be good racing games. the low reviews or complainings about gt6 seem to have made Sony more alert about games quality at release date...

So you're telling me they're not GT rivals?
:sly:

I've been on a rampage on the iRacing forums about the physics model of the MX5 Cup car. It is absolutely awful. I drive a 2012 MX5 that has been modified in a way that is very similar to the specs for the MX5 Cup car. And I get so pissed when people tell me that iRacing is more realistic than GT. I can't speak for every car because I haven't driven them all, but I do drive this car as my DD and I'm an instructor at one of our local tracks and track the car regularly. And I can tell you that I much prefer the physics and handling of the MX5 in GT5,6 over iRacing. Not even close. So PD got something right.
Good feedback.

Boom!

gran-turismo-e-motion-concept10.jpg

gran-turismo-e-motion-concept13.jpg

gran-turismo-e-motion-concept2.jpg

gran-turismo-e-motion-concept9.jpg

These were on the web over a year ago. Not gt7
Question is, what is that car and if it will be in GT7.

Quite interesting. it seems fully modeled since the interior is premium.

Anyone knows more about the car and why it's not in GT6?

if this is for real, then I hope that they build GT7 from ground up instead of borrowing from the predecessor

Well I'm sure it will still sell. But for me there's no point of a prologue if it contains features that are removed for the 'complete' game, like the GT5 Prologue was. That's just hampering the development of the game that they're releasing the Prologue for. If there is a GT7 Prologue I won't buy it, but I've never bought any GT Prologue game anyway.

Like a few here, Project CARS has my purchase guaranteed. Can't wait to see Solitudering when it's finished. Here it is on GPL:

Awesome game , but I had this at one point and there wasn't a ghost changing gears lol

Bikes must come back! Just found my old, dusty PS2 with few games in the closet. I played Tourist Trophy, and I'm in love with the physics of this game!!! It's so much fun! Bikes feel great and give lot of pleasure . When you finally get to know your bike, you have so much satisfaction when riding! SO, KAZUNORI YAMAUCHI, PLEASE, Tourist Trophy 2 on PS3 or bikes in GT7, or even in GT6 as DLC!!!!!!! Please, take my money!!

Unfortunately it won't be "Driving the future" as in "Driving racing games in the future" ;-)
If there is some news, it would explain why they've been so quiet.
I am hoping PD are the ones to show off VR for PS4. GT seems ideal kind of game to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if PD have managed to get the game engine running at 1080p 120FPS (or maybe 96FPS) and 60FPS for 3D and also maybe some 4K 30FPS mode.

Last edited:
I am hoping PD are the ones to show off VR for PS4. GT seems ideal kind of game to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if PD have managed to get the game engine running at 1080p 120FPS (or maybe 96FPS) and 60FPS for 3D and also maybe some 4K 30FPS mode.
No chance. PS4 is not that powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back