Rumors on the NEXT Gran Turismo

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 404 comments

When do you think the next game in the Gran Turismo series will launch?

• Q1 2020

• Q2 2020

• Q3 2020

• Q4 2020

• Q1 2021

• Q2 2021

• Q3 2021

• Q4 2021

• Q1 2022

• Q2 2022

• Q3 2022

• Q4 2022

• 2023 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sony might reveal their new console in the next few weeks. What's the chance of seeing the new GT there?

I think very high given GT is designed for next-gen in mind. Hardware seems designed perfectly for GT, people at PDI must be ecstatic with it.

27th May seems like it will be hardware reveal and 4th June for games. The console looks like it will be really compact compared to the competition, even more so than current generation launch while being much faster and advanced too.

There is bound to be a GT announcement, it's been almost 3 years since GT Sport and they have been working on it for a while now. GT Sport was announced in 2015, 2 years after GT6. Does not mean though that the next GT will be released this year or even the next, considering Polyphony's history of delays..

upload_2020-5-1_15-42-21.png

Some people are uh... quite optimistic, to say the least. I wonder when these 44 votes were submitted. (Pre-Corona or during?) Just to be on the safe side, here's what I went for:

upload_2020-5-1_15-46-8.png

:P

Seems like a commercial with real images made to look in a Gran Turismo Fashion.

But, I would die for GT7 being something like that...

PS.: For a sec I thought he was holding a PS5 controller.

In minute 1:40you can see Gran turismo Logo and PD advertising, Trees moving by the wind at 2:11 ... would it be GT7 ..?

Attachments

• 5F4E40AE-AFBB-401D-8BBB-ADC422642F1E.png
    5F4E40AE-AFBB-401D-8BBB-ADC422642F1E.png
    153 KB · Views: 47
Some people are uh... quite optimistic, to say the least. I wonder when these 44 votes were submitted.

45. I just added one.:dopey:

It wouldn't surprise me if they've already got a decent alpha version going from all the beta testing we've been doing in GTS and industry is going to be desperate for cash when this pandemic is finally over.

I'm 50/50 on a launch release and a Q4 2021 release.

It'll be 3 years since GTS this Autumn, and Kaz has already stated that updates would be slowed down heavily, so...

Even without corona virus a new GT game in 2020 seemed very unlikely.
But you got have a positive outlook on things even if no corona virus was around, and there is still a very good chance we may soon have a new racing game. GT Sport is slowing down and that means there is something special coming. A lot of people saying this for a very long time, that GT Sport is a prologue to GT7 and that is right.

But you got have a positive outlook on things even if no corona virus was around, and there is still a very good chance we may soon have a new racing game. GT Sport is slowing down and that means there is something special coming.
I am positive thats why i don't hate GT Sport like many do dispite being disapointed from it But expecting a new GT in 2020 is 100% unrealistic . If we give an average time of 4 years per release (for the main line games) that means the next game would've released in late 2021 if they started development the minute GT Sport went on sale (which they didn't.).

A lot of people saying this for a very long time, that GT Sport is a prologue to GT7 and that is right
Its really not but im not gonna start arguing because we won't get anywhere.

Last edited:
I am positive thats why i don't hate GT Sport like many do dispite being disapointed from it But expecting a new GT in 2020 is 100% unrealistic . If we give an average time of 4 years per release (for the main line games) that means the next game would've released in late 2021 if they started development the minute GT Sport went on sale (which they didn't.).
Seeing as you seem to be so in the know, when exactly did they start developing the new game? :confused:

View attachment 916614

Some people are uh... quite optimistic, to say the least. I wonder when these 44 votes were submitted. (Pre-Corona or during?) Just to be on the safe side, here's what I went for:

View attachment 916615

:P
Yeah right it will come out in 2023 or later. But forget about it releasing this year, that will not happen. At this rate it will be Q4 2021.

Been seeing things that point towards the next game being sooner than later. If not Q4, it'll definitely be in 2021.

Bah, I voted wrong - initially went Q4 2022 but I’m tired and I think my brain muddled up Q4 2021 and Q4 2022. As soon as I saw the poll, I was like, “This is GT, it’ll take 100 years” (in a joking way), but then this isn’t the PS3 era anymore. There have been rumblings of an earlier release and Kaz has said the game’s been in development for a while now, so I’ll say Q4 2021 if everything goes according to schedule, Q4 2022 if the game is delayed.

Remember, GT Sport was announced fairly soon in GT terms, only two years after the release of GT6, so again, if there are no delays, I could definitely see a release in late 2021. I just think 2020 is a bit too soon. Maybe mid-2021 but GT games have generally launched later in the year. It’s gonna be an interesting lead up, though, that’s for sure. I can’t imagine how good it’ll look.

That Subaru video is awesome but as far as I can tell, it’s real - the way the camera moves is too shaky compared to GT, the UI is done by Subaru (they did a great job but the speedometer isn’t quite in sync), there’s no culling in the mirror and the way his hands move on the wheel is way too realistic for the game. They might get close, but you can’t get that realistic unless they have a super “throwable” looking steering animation and random finger movements. Still, though, it’s very well done.

If the next GT is 2021/2022 then expect them to start hyping their next game in the upcoming months. They revealed GTSport October of 2015, and started releasing new info around 2016, the game was eventually launched in 2017.

I still don't know why some people want GT7 to come out in Q4 2021 for. Remember GT Sport is not a numbered game, so you can not compare with other previous GT numbered tittles release dates, and also remember GT Sport is mainly an online game. Previous Gran Turismo numbered games had offline and online, so players want both and GT Sport in not a numbered game.

Seeing as you seem to be so in the know, when exactly did they start developing the new game? :confused:
Sadly im not (although i would love to) im just going based on the record of the franchise (if they do similar times for almost 20 years you can expect them to do it again) . I hope im wrong tho. :)

Latest Posts

Back