Rumors on the NEXT Gran Turismo

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 404 comments

When do you think the next game in the Gran Turismo series will launch?

• Q1 2020

• Q2 2020

• Q3 2020

• Q4 2020

• Q1 2021

• Q2 2021

• Q3 2021

• Q4 2021

• Q1 2022

• Q2 2022

• Q3 2022

• Q4 2022

• 2023 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.
No game will need to be 'PORTED' from PS4 to PS5.
Although I wouldn't be overly surprised if there were a PS5 update or mode, kinda like when a game is run on a ps4 pro.
Depending on whether or not GT7 is a ps5 exclusive and maybe a launch title or not.

The big question is, will players be allowed to use the online features of the PS4 games they'll play in its successor? I do hope so.

I think we(ps5 owners) will be able to play against ps4 players, but only if both version of the game are the same.
In the end servers will be shut down i think unless they are able to port the physics changes to sport mode to ps4 and in gt7 sport mode runs the same version of the ps4 version but with a superior graphics boost.

But probably at some point GT7 will rule cause its the way it meant to be..., for that to happen some things in ps4 must be capped to allow superior physics implementations cause of the less processing power ps4 have.

I think if PD try to make a hybrid title the next GT will be handicaped at many lvls.

I think we(ps5 owners) will be able to play against ps4 players, but only if both version of the game are the same.
In the end servers will be shut down i think unless they are able to port the physics changes to sport mode to ps4 and in gt7 sport mode runs the same version of the ps4 version but with a superior graphics boost.

But probably at some point GT7 will rule cause its the way it meant to be..., for that to happen some things in ps4 must be capped to allow superior physics implementations cause of the less processing power ps4 have.

I think if PD try to make a hybrid title the next GT will be handicaped at many lvls.
Majorly updating GTS physics will never happen. You will be able to play GTS on PS5 if it has backwards compatibility and a new GT will be a PS5 only game.

Majorly updating GTS physics will never happen. You will be able to play GTS on PS5 if it has backwards compatibility and a new GT will be a PS5 only game.

That was my point, a hybrid title will only mess up developers ability to make a superior next generation title.

That was my point, a hybrid title will only mess up developers ability to make a superior next generation title.
PD basically will/could do a graphical and DS5 update for GT Sport. Improving assets, textures, effects, performance etc.

Then GT7 will fully take advantage of the new CPU/SSD which will make a fundamental difference to the physics, AI, grid size, (Dynamic?) weather effects etc.

What is everyone's opinion on whether GT7 should be ps5 exclusive or not?
Im kind of on both sides.
Part of me wants it to be next gen only to take full advantage and have no hindrances from this gen.
The other part of me wants PD to leverage the huge player base of the old and new systems together and start with as large a gt player base as possible.
Who knows maybe its better to start out small this time, and slowly build the player base up over time instead of starting big and waning off over time.

Im kind of on both sides.
Part of me wants it to be next gen only to take full advantage and have no hindrances from this gen.
The other part of me wants PD to leverage the huge player base of the old and new systems together and start with as large a gt player base as possible.
Who knows maybe its better to start out small this time, and slowly build the player base up over time instead of starting big and waning off over time.

There is no reason to believe that it will spread across two consoles.

Whether you could play together (ps4 and ps5) might come down to balance. They'd probably have to retain all the core mechanics (which isn't necessarily bad) like physics so the cars could run together.

Although it may sound enticing on the surface, it concerns me a lot. I would hate it if they retained the current GT Sport mode set up. I don't want to play Gr3 at Suzuka every week for the next 3-4 years.

Last edited:
I hope Sony pulls out all the stops budget wise next time around and we have twice as many tracks to work with. Lol

I think that GT Sport can still be considered a "prologue" of sorts to GT7. There's been so much mentioned in the press over the years that it's touch to consider that GT7 will be sparse.

For instance, many of the cars we have are up-rated version of the premium cars of GT5/6, so I think we'll get the rest. It's also been said the traditional tracks are being reworked.

It hit me today how they could REALLY make Sport Mode work with all the content.

Every week, they can cycle a campaign event and every day they can cycle the tracks of that event.

So, for instance. RACE A of Sport Mode would cycle all the beginner events, so Sunday Cup for instance. Then, every day they do one of the Sunday Cup races. When they've gone through all the tracks, cycle to the next event.

That means new tracks everyday while at the same time, allowing people plenty of time to prepare! Some events could have a random selection of tracks, and others fixed.

That would definitely get us off the GR 1, 2, 3, 4 bus and REALLY allow us to have fun with the street cars.

They should make the tyres rip of the wheels and burst... Sand and Grass goes onto the tarmac.

Cool little details

I'd like Random Gr.N/X Daily events and fixed Gr.1/2/3/4/B Daily events, like how the seasonal were in GT6.

This way, players have seven events to choose from each day.

Oh... and keep the Time Trials and add Drift trials.

The "standard" cars of GT7 would be the premium cars of GT5/6. I don't think that's in the plan, but I don't think it's a necessity.

They cannot do PS1 cars on a PS5.....other than the Tesla Cybertruck :D
If that's true, then that means that there might only be less than a thousand cars for the game. I still wish that those who will return will get a premium treatment by the time it comes out.

For anyone doubting GT7 as a launch title for PS5, remember that GT6 was announced in May 2013 and released in December 2013. PS5 is likely going to launch in November 2020 so there’s still plenty of time. After all, PS5 hasn’t even been fully revealed along with its first party games.

I also think we’ll get full GT SPORT functionality on PS5 and the game will run as a service along GT7.

I think a launch day GT7 would be the best case scenario for PS5 sales.
With monthly support like there has been with sport, GT7 would be kept buzzed and current for years so that the user base could grow and grow over the life cycle and drive sales of both over 2-4 years ideally.

@Voodoovaj
I like your idea for an expanded sport mode.
More options especially, but also tieing the career mode to online playership.
We need to drive up the participation of the user base 'who have completed more than 5-20 sport mode races'
Penalty system HAS to be fixed and fair.
AI MUST be made smarter and more reactive to players.
I'm also not opposed to smart AI 'bot' drivers filling out certain online lobbies as opposed to filling out an A+/A rooms with C's and D's, just because there aren't enough players with A or S SR to do so.

I think Gran Turismo 7 will be out by half of PlayStation 5's life cycle.
I don't think GT7 will be out by half of PlayStation 5's life cycle, the numbered game must come out at the end of 2020. GT Sports is nothing to cheer about because the game is a prologue to GT7, fans want a real game to play with a best career mode ever. GT Sport on PS5 will mainly be an online for Sport Mode etc, while GT7 has best career Mode for players that want to play offline, then sometime in 2021 GT7 will take over fully from GT Sport.

We just have to wait and see what PD got for us up their sleeve about the next numbered game for PS5, and I hope we have news soon because like I said before, GT Sport is not much to cheer about.

I think that GT Sport can still be considered a "prologue" of sorts to GT7. There's been so much mentioned in the press over the years that it's touch to consider that GT7 will be sparse.

For instance, many of the cars we have are up-rated version of the premium cars of GT5/6, so I think we'll get the rest. It's also been said the traditional tracks are being reworked.

It hit me today how they could REALLY make Sport Mode work with all the content.

Every week, they can cycle a campaign event and every day they can cycle the tracks of that event.

So, for instance. RACE A of Sport Mode would cycle all the beginner events, so Sunday Cup for instance. Then, every day they do one of the Sunday Cup races. When they've gone through all the tracks, cycle to the next event.

That means new tracks everyday while at the same time, allowing people plenty of time to prepare! Some events could have a random selection of tracks, and others fixed.

That would definitely get us off the GR 1, 2, 3, 4 bus and REALLY allow us to have fun with the street cars.

This, and shuffle races!

Jerome

This, and shuffle races!

Jerome

I would love to be able to speak to someone at SCEA, seriously, about sourcing out all of the game play to me. If there is anything that would make me go back to games, it would be to fix GT's game play.

I'm not even joking a little. I mean, it will never happen, but that is beside the point. Talking to GT team is more difficult than an audience with the pope.

If it COULD happen though, I would put a team together. I still have contact with qualified people. We could tackle everything game play related in GT. The penalty system, the campaigns, sport mode, player progression, all that. They can do all the graphics, physics, net code, all of it...

If they want to keep it all in Japan, fine, STILL GIVE IT TO ANOTHER TEAM because, obviously, PD doesn't have people internally that can do it. They can code, and they can make great art, but WOW can they screw up game play.

Add me to that list of gameplay and customer UI buddy.

Jerome

Uograded edition of GT Sport on PS5 is the most likely (with more cars, tracks and features of course). I'd be happy with that. GT3 wasn't perfect - GT4 built upon what GT3 had done and it was the most complete GT game.

PS5 exclusive, I don’t want to see another **** show like Battlefield 4, which was gimped for the old consoles and had tons of issues. It took Dice a year or two to fix it.

Back