Rumors on the NEXT Gran Turismo

• Thread starter xxy98cn
  • 404 comments

When do you think the next game in the Gran Turismo series will launch?

• Q1 2020

• Q2 2020

• Q3 2020

• Q4 2020

• Q1 2021

• Q2 2021

• Q3 2021

• Q4 2021

• Q1 2022

• Q2 2022

• Q3 2022

• Q4 2022

• 2023 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a little collection of those in digital, about 5. Unfortunately there not so many offers in general. I would buy more if they will add, something like classic NFS.

I see people buying old Resident Evil games everyday. If there only was a offer, I'm certain there will be plenty of buyers.
I agree. There should have been 40-50+ games to choose from if not all.

Dunno why anyone would want the next-gen GT be held back (from the tech differences alone it would be in both graphics and gameplay) by also needing to still support the new GT7 content for GTSport on weak base PS4.

PS5 GT needs to bring back dynamic time change and weather, with different time having different temperatures that affect tire grip, and dynamic rubber that gets laid down throughout the track, which when it starts to rain will make the dry line more slippy. The amount of time/work required to develop and continue support on both PS5 and PS4 GTs would mean they would also need to completely redo assets and go back to baking the lighting for every new track in order to also release it on GTSport. It’s ridiculous and highly inefficient. If they use ray trace for reflections and shadows for GT7, they will again have to go back and redo the reflections and shadows with traditional rasterization method for those tracks in order to make them work on GTSport PS4. I’d rather Polyphony focus on making GT7 better instead of wasting time on GTSport PS4 when next-gen arrives.

From the gameplay differences alone with dynamic time and weather would make it impossible to have FIA races held on both GT7 and GTSport, and the only way that could happen is to hold back GT7’s gameplay and physics so that it’s the same as GTSport’s.

Don’t hold back on anything for the next-gen GT, make it only for PS5, move FIA championship to GT7 and forget GTSport PS4, which is still getting another year of support before PS5 even releases. Continue GT7 post launch support throughout the next gen life cycle.

Graphically, the PS5 SSD and GPU/CPU is going to allow for much higher object density on screen, with higher poly asset quality than anything seen in GTSport. A GT7 made specifically for PS5 isn’t just going to be simply higher resolution.

Quite honestly, they could bang out a disk that has GT's 1-6 on it, and i would be well happy. Ive been with the series right from the start, and am now at the point in life where i SERIOUSLY regret selling all my games and current playstation every time i needed money to move to the next generation console.

Paid DLCs like what specifically?
I think as RussRobit said "add all the offline content and leave sport mode pretty much as is" would be good. Essentially makes it GT Sport Plus.

One thing is gonna be definite. GT7 wouldn't be a launch title.

Next year's E3 would be a good time for Sony to at least show some footage of the new GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think as RussRobit said "add all the offline content and leave sport mode pretty much as is" would be good. Essentially makes it GT Sport Plus.
That's perfect, I guess. But they're not going to be free anymore if by "paid DLC".

One thing is gonna be definite. GT7 wouldn't be a launch title.
It would be good to see a GT7 game as a launch title for PS5, and there is No problem having the two PD games around this time next year.
GT Sport in a mainly a online game, and GT7 will be more of a game with a lot more offline content which we do need.

It would be good to see a GT7 game as a launch title for PS5, and there is No problem having the two PD games around this time next year.
GT Sport in a mainly a online game, and GT7 will be more of a game with a lot more offline content which we do need.
There's no reason that both types of game can't exist within the same game, whatever they chose to do, for the next iteration.

I hope so but that greatly depends on PD's decision if they can launch the game the time the PS5 comes out, although it seems very unlikely.

I hope so but that greatly depends on PD's decision if they can launch the game the time the PS5 comes out, although it seems very unlikely.
What makes you say this, although it seems very unlikely?.

Well, there's no announcement yet. :D

Sony didn´t announced any ps5 game launch yet so nothing out of the ordinary, one thing it´s for shure all games announced to be release next year are cross generation games sony needs at least 2 or 3 games for ps5 launch to be next generation only.., well it doesn´t need but in my head GT can be a reality since it´s the only one that it´s in the window to be ready at ps5 launch like Horizon 2 or other IP that we don´t know about, resuming sony need strong names at launch and GT it´s one of the most sucefull franchises and a game that sells hardware.

I hope that the next GT take profit of all ps5 hardware capabilities and that they raise the bar once again, i´m curious to see what PD can do in such a powerfull hardware, in terms of visuals the game for shure will be a reference.

Last edited:
The ps5 is confirmed to be available for the holiday season 2020, and has its first game I production, godfall. As far as GT7 happening, I doubt it its gonna be this soon after sport. Unless the development of the game was made easier by the pc architecture that the system would have.

Last edited:
The ps4 is confirmed to be available for the holiday season 2020, and has its first game I production, godfall. As far as GT7 happening, I doubt it its gonna be this soon after sport. Unless the development of the game was made easier by the pc architecture that the system would have.

Yes that´s the theory..., i think PD also mentioned something about that, it´s a lot more easier to produce a game since it´s a continuation of work instead of brand new start let´s hope it´s a launch title.

Gt sport for me look like a prologue and a kind of beta test, they are always testing and changing stuff in the game so they can implement what works in a final version of a full game..., at least is what it seems to me.

The ps4 is confirmed to be available for the holiday season 2020, and has its first game I production, godfall. As far as GT7 happening, I doubt it its gonna be this soon after sport. Unless the development of the game was made easier by the pc architecture that the system would have.
Err, the ps4? :boggled:

One thing that would be really cool in the next game, would be the option to spectate Top seed Fia races and world tour races. But not in a replay fashion but as a person or I guess an avatar, at the actual track. Be able to walk the grounds and watch it like a real spectator. Talk with other spectators, check the live race from different angles around the track. In VR as well obviously.
Actually I really hope there is the option to do alot more exploring in the next game, I'd love to be able to walk the course like drivers do in real life as well, feel the track as they say, but also just out of curiosity as a car and track nut. Check everything out. Also in our virtual garages with any of our cars. Be able to virtually examine them from any angle, as close as we want, underneath, inside the engine compartment, hatches, trunks, doors. Check out the working suspension and drivetrains. This game needs to become a car encyclopedia like 5 and 6 were but even crazier.

If PD can bring back the GT Rally from the GT5 Special Events and improve it vastly by adding more features to it (more races, more cars qualified, more track variations, long drives, etc.), I'm sure it would be very awesome and desirable.

Well, there's no announcement yet. :D

GT7 will be a PS5 launch title because we need a new Racing game from PD within 12 months from now, because GT Sport is not much to cheer about if you don't like online stuff like Sport Mode races.
GT Sport on PS5 will be more of an online game like Sport Mode Races and other stuff, while GT7 will have more content offline with some online Seasonal races and Time Trials like it was in GT6.
Half way thru 2021 PD will fully concentrate on the GT7 game.

GT7 will be a PS5 launch title because we need a new Racing game from PD within 12 months from now, because GT Sport is not much to cheer about if you don't like online stuff like Sport Mode races.
GT Sport on PS5 will be more of an online game like Sport Mode Races and other stuff, while GT7 will have more content offline with some online Seasonal races and Time Trials like it was in GT6.
Half way thru 2021 PD will fully concentrate on the GT7 game.
Okay then, let's wait and see next year. ;)

It’s confirmed there are multiple PS5 exclusive launch games in development. The leaks we have so far suggest a Demon’s Souls remake by Bluepoint and something from Guerrilla Games. The other rumoured title is GT7.

When you look at Sony’s studios PD are due to deliver something in the next 12-18 months. In a normal reg cycle that would’ve been on PS4. Much like GT6 was on PS3. But unlike MS who are going the cross-gen route. Sony are sticking to generation exclusives and cut-off new PS4 development some years back.

Of course current PS4 games will work on PS5 and some may even be patched to take advantage. But we will not see new 1st Party titles developed for both PS4 & PS5.

Last edited:
I see no reason gt7 couldn't be a launch title. It's not like gts where they had to re-make everything for the PS4. Ps5 will have the same architecture so everything they're working on now will work with ps5, it will just work better.

at first to be honest I expect GTS with higher resolution/better textures and crossplay with PS4
it's no coincidence that GTS was announced as PS5 showcase title

and then in following years maybe new Gran Turismo or GTS will stays as a high supported platform with more free content but with more paid one too
Sony/Polyphony pushing into eSport, and best thing to grow eSport is longevity title

Last edited:
at first to be honest I expect GTS with higher resolution/better textures and crossplay with PS4
it's no coincidence that GTS was announced as PS5 showcase title

and then in following years maybe new Gran Turismo or GTS will stays as a high supported platform with more free content but with more paid one too
Sony/Polyphony pushing into eSport, and best thing to grow eSport is longevity title
GT Sport for PS4 will be playable in the upcoming PS5. So I don't see any reason that the game is going to be released again, this time for the PS4's successor.

Back