Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

I'm late to the party as usual with games (Photomodes delay me :P), but waited for the sale on this and now in the UK store for £12 digital 30GB, so I picked this up today, as above I tried the demo last year but at the time Dirt Rally came out and didn't feel much for the game. I have given it another try after reading what @Scaff's said and the comparison threads and the physics are pretty solid on this and the cars audio and handling are good and so far enjoying the game and even getting in to the photomode. I think I will like this game for a little while for a nice change.👍

I'm late to the party as usual with games (Photomodes delay me :P), but waited for the sale on this and now in the UK store for £12 digital 30GB, so I picked this up today, as above I tried the demo last year but at the time Dirt Rally came out and didn't feel much for the game. I have given it another try after reading what @Scaff's said and the comparison threads and the physics are pretty solid on this and the cars audio and handling are good and so far enjoying the game and even getting in to the photomode. I think I will like this game for a little while for a nice change.👍

Do you have a T300 wheel and a ps4? if so, Do you think it "feels" better than Dirt Rally? I am enjoying dirt rally right now, but since I can also get this game new for $12 I am thinking to get it.. just not sure if it is worth having both since I am still working through the classes in DR and am only on Group A.

Do you have a T300 wheel and a ps4? if so, Do you think it "feels" better than Dirt Rally? I am enjoying dirt rally right now, but since I can also get this game new for $12 I am thinking to get it.. just not sure if it is worth having both since I am still working through the classes in DR and am only on Group A.
Hi Spitfire77, I have only just downloaded it and messing about on ds4 (good handling) 👍, I will set the wheel up soon to test out. Reading all the threads the FFB and physics are on par if not better than Dirt rally & WRC6 and you are probably best asking Mr @Scaff for his opinion as he has done many miles in both games so far. For only $12 (bargain) and all those tracks and new cars isn't it worth picking up while on discount/sale and play later? I am one for trying as many games as you can/afford to see whats out there and variety. (Graphics are not the best but not as bad as some say on certain stages and even messing around on the big test tracks is fun) but I also don't want to recommend it too highly in case you don't like it and curse me:sly: :cheers:

I ordered it. Should be here this weekend.
:cheers:

Well done, I had a quick go this morning messing around with the rotation and FFB on the T300RS, In the end I found the best compromise is to leave it as it is on 'Automatic' as each car feels good like this, and I do like a nice strong FFB (which this game has) so I pushed it up to 90!..Perfect for me for now and as good as Dirt Rally. Over time as I replay tracks I will tweak the settings and reduce to the Rotation to 540 (which is what I prefer). The physics and tracks are great with not too many hairpins and some awesome fast straights. The co-driver needs cheering up a little with something and the rally cross races I prefer to Dirt rally. Edit: joker laps are there I was doing the eliminator RC laps!! Enjoy 👍
p.s I also just realised I had somehow put it on Pro settings rather than custom to start and was skidding and sliding everywhere and wondered why I kept coming 9th and 10th or in a tree:ill: (although very realistic feeling the skids) I will come back to this but for now..TCS and ABS on, reduced rotation again and now much better for learning the cars and tracks on the DS4 and Wheel and now a touch easier to finish the stages!:sly:

Last edited:
I found a sweet spot for myself with this game. I set the wheel to 1080 deg rotation before I start the game (not sure if this matters) and this is how I did the auto calibration. Then Set the rotation in game to automatic with the FFB to 40 and the bump(vibration? forget) to 30. Feels good with all the cars I have tried.

Going through the Leob Experience portion of the game right now.. it is cool to hear him talk about how he got into rally and progressed with Citroen. :)

Well, knowing that when they announced SLRE they said it was going to be a franchise, that months after the release they said SLRE2 and 3 were possible if they had good sells and that milestone doesnt have any other franchise (appart from MXGP and MotoGP, and those have been named in that link and Ride 2 was released short time ago) there is a lot of possibilities that this "unannounced game" is SLRE 2. But could be other game.

Seems a bit too ambitious for Milestone to be tackling that many games at once with their track record of quality. I don't mind a rough game if the gameplay is good, but SLRE is such a solid foundation for a franchise-to-be that it deserves better. It also seems like Codemasters intends to strike back at SLRE, if DiRT 4 has a similar custom-team-based career mode and the stage generator to make up for Codemasters' chronic scarcity of content.

My SLRE Steam install got a 3.3GB update last night....

Got me all excited, but sadly the news is:
"Milestone Community Manager [developer] 22 hours ago
The update is related to the release of the game in China territories. No relevant gameplay modifications."

Ah well :)

Just reached the end of the Loeb Experience where you run the WR Peugeot on Pikes Peak.

Man what a blast 👍

Not sure if it is more realistic vs Dirt Rally's full Tarmac version, but I am enjoying it a lot more.

It is a different experience from DR. Have to say.. there are some issues with it.
The sounds are pretty bad.
The co-driver is not as accurate, and sometimes the language gets mixed up.. out of no where a few times mine started yelling at me in spanish!.. but it works plenty well.
The graphics are not as good and the frame rate (at least on console) is much lower 30 vs 60 FPS

Things that are better:
You will notice is the FFB is different and IMO better in many ways..
The way the cars react under braking seems more realistic.
The stages are difficult.. tight and brutal.
The are a lot of cars and many locations.
Career mode & Loeb Experience modes are well designed and provide many hours of things to do.

I got it for $12 and have been enjoying it a lot. Have not gone back to DR or AC yet since I got it.
The main thing to get over is the sounds.. they make me sad.

This game didn't exactly make the best first impression on me, the graphics and car models look completely out of date. :scared: However, scratching beneath the surface does reveal where SLRE shows its worth. The learning curve is not as steep as it is in DiRT Rally but there are still thrills to be had thanks to a decent physics engine and challenging circuits. I've barely progressed through career mode as it stands but other positives I've noticed are personalisation options and there is a lot of content available via career mode, both of which indicate I could be hooked longer than I anticipated. 👍

For £7.50, this is looking like great value - Highly advise anyone with Xbox Live Gold to pick it up if they are looking for a cheap rally fix! Just set your expectations low in terms of presentation. ;)

North American players, be quick: there's a flash sale for the game right now. 75% off, which put it at $15 here in Canada. 👍

PS4 or Xbox One?

Of course, this is right after I bought a physical copy at Walmart for 25 bucks.

PS4.

Yeah, I've been eyeing it for a while since it dropped down to $30 at EB, but stores in the GTA almost always were out of stock. Amazon only had it from third-party sellers too.

I've bought it almost exclusively for the rare car DLC. :D

PS4.

Yeah, I've been eyeing it for a while since it dropped down to $30 at EB, but stores in the GTA almost always were out of stock. Amazon only had it from third-party sellers too.

I've bought it almost exclusively for the rare car DLC. :D

Same. Shame it's such a crappy game, that Group S DLC is probably pound for pound content, the best car pack ever assembled in a video game.

You should check at Walmart, at least the one near my place had a ton of copies.

Same. Shame it's such a crappy game, that Group S DLC is probably pound for pound content, the best car pack ever assembled in a video game.

You should check at Walmart, at least the one near my place had a ton of copies.
It's a crap looking and sounding title, but in terms of physics, car list and stages it's the best rally title around for me.

The only thing that doesn't allow me to say that it is the best rally title of all time, is that superb realism RBR had (im talking about championship mode very close to the real WRC, time repairs, forecast, the driving school, tire compound... etc) because in terms of physics... it's better. In RBR the cars felt too light and the handbrake was even more exaggerated than Dirt.

Overall, is better than Dirt rally. This one gets better some surfaces like ice, but it is so poor on tarmac and the cars have a little less weight shifting.

RBR was so underrated in its time like SLRE is now? Maybe with time SLRE will become the new home for the modders, like RBR is (RBR mods is reconized by the community as the best rally sim). Or maybe Milestone decides to create a better sequel. Or GRally becomes the Assetto Corsa of rally games. Or Dirt 4 gets well the tarmac...

Interesting time for rally games enthusiasts.

Thinking of picking this up, now that it's part of the Easter Sale at the EU PS Store.

Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO | €15,99*
Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO - Special Edition | €18,99*

Help me out here: for a €3 difference, I definitely want to go with the Special Edition, as this version includes all available DLC, right?

*Prices include an additional PS+ discount.

Thinking of picking this up, now that it's part of the Easter Sale at the EU PS Store.

Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO | €15,99*
Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO - Special Edition | €18,99*

Help me out here: for a €3 difference, I definitely want to go with the Special Edition, as this version includes all available DLC, right?

*Prices include an additional PS+ discount.
For that difference in price yes, you do want to go for the DLC.

I haven't even played this since picking it up — got carried away with Return to Arkham and a certain beta — but damn, you guys in the EU always get better deals. I'm still kicking myself for jumping on the regular version: I just want the Escudo and the rare Group S cars...

I haven't even played this since picking it up — got carried away with Return to Arkham and a certain beta — but damn, you guys in the EU always get better deals. I'm still kicking myself for jumping on the regular version: I just want the Escudo and the rare Group S cars...

The entire game and DLC is worth it just to drive to 222D lol

Back