Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO (PS4/XB1/PC) - Milestone

Another strange thing with the last Loeb Challenge, 208 T16 full pikes Peak course.

The record of Loeb is 8:13:xx while in game the challenge is set for 9:09:xx

That's 50+ seconds if the recordtime. Loeb's official record seems impossible to achieve. Car is less powerfull or they added meters to the track ? Maybe both?

Also think that Codemasters did a much better job replicating the track.

All tracks on SLRE were scanned by gps. I agree the aspect of PP is miles better on Dirt Rally, but I doubt it got more accurately the track. I still would have to watch gameplays of both games to see which is more accurate.

About the time, the loeb experience final challenge it's too easy. Anyone can do 9:XX:XX, but it's normal that the Loeb real record is extremely complicated to achieve for the mortals (for obvious reasons). Still, could be that they didn't get well the preformance of the car or the track. I still would have to investigate to confirm that.

I was completely lost the first time in SLRE because of all the times I ran that stage in Dirt.

Dirt's version is faster and elevation changes are more obvious than in SLRE. Will check some rlf as well 👍

Moments that Dirt comes closer and others SLRE. Surely the more bland look doesn't do SLR any favors but the rlf could deceive a bit due to fov on cameras user.

Info on Dirt's version : http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/06/pikes-peak-from-the-ground-up/

Can't find on SLRE but there are people who match Loeb's record so it should be do-able. Probably not for me though :lol:

Better version and with this one SLRE comes closest. Elevation seems to severe in several DR-sections!

Last edited:
Really catched my interesse. Thanks for that @Scaff , looks like a great solution. Also that wheel and pedals can stay attached is ideal.

Yep, and it can get very flexible.

I've added a Thrustmaster shifter to mine using a RAM mount, added a tactile base shaker and also a button box.

I honestly can't sing its praises enough, as without it I would be spending too long setting up and stripping down a rig to make it worthwhile.

I am enjoying SLR as well as a nice change.:cheers:

Re: Challenge seat..One of my best buys! ..I can also swear by this Doblo:tup: It folds up with the wheel and pedals together nice and neat, enough to quickly stand in a cupboard or neatly against a wall. As Scaff says this has saved me lots of time messing with real rigs and saved me space as well. It is very comfy and well made materials. Don't be put off by its delicate deck chair look it holds my weight well! I had it for a little while until i realised the whole wheel section swings up so you can get in and out. I was climbing in like a lotus or F1 car :lol: I have had it about 18mths now and it is still like new, nothing has fallen off or worn out.👍
t300rs&challengeseat.jpg

I put it on my "want to have" list ;)

This weekend I am going to try Dirt Rally and SLR Evo with a wheel. Really would like to have a proper comparision on Pikes Peak :D

Yesterday I took the Stratos for a spin on tarmac and instead of an instant kill (what I expected) it was a real pleasure to drive 👍

My humble set has been set up.....
IMG_20170512_174153.jpg

Last edited:
@doblocruiser I am liking it ;) p.s Great Mouse mat
tumblr_inline_n6iyq5bY4U1qzp34r.gif
:gtpflag:

It is also my desk to work and the mousemath brings a bit of color :)

Have run Pikes for more than an hour with the wheel. What a fantastic expérience it has been so far. Control of the car is a lot less nervous compared to controller. Need some more time to adjust but so far I smashed all my controller runs with 10 to 15 seconds :cool:

Last edited:
it's normal that the Loeb real record is extremely complicated to achieve for the mortals (for obvious reasons). Still, could be that they didn't get well the preformance of the car or the track. I still would have to investigate to confirm that.

Since I connected the wheel I ran multiple times on Pikes Peak. This morning I achieved to beat Loeb's real record :D :bowdown: Video is processing 👍

After doing a bit of research I found out that Milestone included Peugeot's wrong car for Groupe S. The Quasar was never developped for being a Groupe S but it was actually the 405 T16 which was designed for being a Groupe S car. When Groupe S was cancelled Peugeot continued with the 405 T16 to develop it for Pikes Peak and Dakar.

peugeot-405-t16-groupe-s-3.jpg

I know this may be a stupid post/question but here we go:

How does this game fair against the new Dirt 4?!

I know graphics and sounds may be horrible, but to be honest, I'm interested in great physics, simulation-like hardcore driving experience, as well as single player career modes!

I mean how bad is this?! I'm on PS4 pro and a G29!

I had Dirt rally and nearly got bored with it, memorizing all the tracks nearly! Will I have the same issue in this game?!

I was disappointed by the reviews of Dirt4 saying it's an easy kinda arcadish game with stupid stage generator that gives repetitive corners way too much!

I know this may be a stupid post/question but here we go:

How does this game fair against the new Dirt 4?!

I know graphics and sounds may be horrible, but to be honest, I'm interested in great physics, simulation-like hardcore driving experience, as well as single player career modes!

I mean how bad is this?! I'm on PS4 pro and a G29!

I had Dirt rally and nearly got bored with it, memorizing all the tracks nearly! Will I have the same issue in this game?!

I was disappointed by the reviews of Dirt4 saying it's an easy kinda arcadish game with stupid stage generator that gives repetitive corners way too much!

I am on the same setup as you. SLRE runs great on the Pro. The difference is barely noticeable when switching from DiRT. I also have DiRT 4 and am really disappointed. I'm sure you have heard about the Hand of God straightening your car out unrealistically even with sim handling. I am finding it hard to play D4. Every time I boot it up I'll do a rally in career and maybe a rally online with friends, then quickly I exit and boot up SLRE.

Graphics and sounds are iffy, but SLRE does have its moments. The car list is great, the stages in the eight rallies are great. The physics are great. I love it and still play regularly a year now after getting the platinum. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up, especially since it's frequently on sale lately.

I have plenty of videos on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4R4TQNCSDWjEaNe4gneGQ and here are a couple screen grabs.

slre-1.jpg
slre-2.jpg
slre-3.jpg
slre-4.jpg
slre-5.jpg

@Pfei yeah currently not on sale! I'll wait for next sale and definitely pick it up!
Thanks for your help!

Did you memorize the tracks man?! Is it the same problem of Dirt Rally?

@Pfei yeah currently not on sale! I'll wait for next sale and definitely pick it up!
Thanks for your help!

Did you memorize the tracks man?! Is it the same problem of Dirt Rally?

Yes, it's the same problem as DiRT Rally but to a much lesser extent. There are 32 unique stages (64 counting reversed) and they are much more technical than DR. Obviously you get to know the dangerous places and tough turns but it's nearly impossible to memorize everything.

SLRE is a proper simulator for sure. Dirt 4 is arcade-ish and strangely inconsistent about it; for whatever reason, some cars are more sim-like than others. I play Dirt 4 with the DS4 and it's very enjoyable, but I can imagine the physics messing with your head if you play with a wheel.

Aside from physics, I think Dirt 4 is as hardcore as it gets because nothing beats never knowing what might be over a crest or around a blind corner, even if what's waiting for you there is a corner you've seen before. Plus it offers a ton of details and variability over SLRE; weather, hazards, manual starts and stops, roadside fixes, and more.

Both have a familiar singleplayer career mode; off the top of my head I'm pretty sure SLRE offers more events to do, but Dirt 4 wins on the team management aspect. As for memorizing stages, for a typical rally game I can't complain about what SLRE offers. I think the career mode does a pretty good job of spreading them out, too.

In my opinion the "repetitiveness" of Dirt 4's Your Stage feature is exaggerated by people with lofty expectations for the tool. It leaves room for improvement, but to me it's plainly obvious that it's not as repetitive as a whole stage you've already driven before. SLRE's stages are great, but Dirt 4 preserves the spirit of rally driving and relying on your co-driver.

SLRE is a proper simulator for sure. Dirt 4 is arcade-ish and strangely inconsistent about it; for whatever reason, some cars are more sim-like than others. I play Dirt 4 with the DS4 and it's very enjoyable, but I can imagine the physics messing with your head if you play with a wheel.

Aside from physics, I think Dirt 4 is as hardcore as it gets because nothing beats never knowing what might be over a crest or around a blind corner, even if what's waiting for you there is a corner you've seen before. Plus it offers a ton of details and variability over SLRE; weather, hazards, manual starts and stops, roadside fixes, and more.

Both have a familiar singleplayer career mode; off the top of my head I'm pretty sure SLRE offers more events to do, but Dirt 4 wins on the team management aspect. As for memorizing stages, for a typical rally game I can't complain about what SLRE offers. I think the career mode does a pretty good job of spreading them out, too.

In my opinion the "repetitiveness" of Dirt 4's Your Stage feature is exaggerated by people with lofty expectations for the tool. It leaves room for improvement, but to me it's plainly obvious that it's not as repetitive as a whole stage you've already driven before. SLRE's stages are great, but Dirt 4 preserves the spirit of rally driving and relying on your co-driver.

True and I agree.

My main concern with the Dirt4 "your stage" feature is not repetitiveness but the simplicity and the stupid looks of it!
I mean I watched like 50 videos about dirt4 already and the stages, whatever location, looked very blend, very stupid, very easy, very wide, very speed flowing if I can say that! I mean it's like all the stage is turns 4, 5 and 6! Barely saw any acutes, hairpins or some tricky turns!
Dirt rally, on the other hand, was crazy in terms of stages; I think we agree on that!

My main concern with SLRE are, as far as I've seen also from videos, is graphics, FPS and community/number of players.
Although I think rally is fine on single player mode, and although I have assetto or other games for competitive online play, I feel that I might like to do an online championship/league just to see how competitive I am! I'm afraid this is quasi-inexistent!

I just need to fill Dirt rally place in my games roster! I always like to go drive some rally!

True and I agree.

My main concern with the Dirt4 "your stage" feature is not repetitiveness but the simplicity and the stupid looks of it!
I mean I watched like 50 videos about dirt4 already and the stages, whatever location, looked very blend, very stupid, very easy, very wide, very speed flowing if I can say that! I mean it's like all the stage is turns 4, 5 and 6! Barely saw any acutes, hairpins or some tricky turns!
Dirt rally, on the other hand, was crazy in terms of stages; I think we agree on that!

My main concern with SLRE are, as far as I've seen also from videos, is graphics, FPS and community/number of players.
Although I think rally is fine on single player mode, and although I have assetto or other games for competitive online play, I feel that I might like to do an online championship/league just to see how competitive I am! I'm afraid this is quasi-inexistent!

I just need to fill Dirt rally place in my games roster! I always like to go drive some rally!

100% agree on Your Stage. And the wonky physics have me coming back to SLRE. I can't stand more than an hour of D4. It just feels so wrong.

SLRE runs very nice on the PS4 Pro. Framerate close to 60fps; I no longer notice when booting it up after a session in DiRT Rally or Project CARS. But if you are on vanilla PS4 or XBox One then you are stuck with the 30fps and, I agree, it can be jarring.

Graphics are a hit and miss. You can see in my screen captures above that the game can look beautiful at times. At other times it's just plain pathetic, Wales and Sweden being the worst, Finland, Mexico, France, Australia and Monte in the middle, and San Remo in another class. It's really well done. Check my vid below of a San Remo replay.

Forget about playing online. No-one is ever on. I managed to get some DiRT Rally league buddies together a few times, and it was a blast, but now that D4 is available my buddies go straight to D4 for multiplayer. However, there are some interesting options for solo play in SLRE. You can download Loeb's ghost or ghosts from the top times in the leaderboards. The Loeb Experience is a cool part of the career. And there are so many cars and tracks that it's hard to get bored. For solo play with difficulty on Realistic and damage on Maximum honestly SLRE makes DiRT Rally look like a kid's game. SLRE is that challenging with those settings!

Michigan is pretty bland unless you generate a stage with very high complexity. Spain and Wales can be just as technical as the stages in SLRE, and Australia is tricky and sometimes devious. Sweden is so-so, because higher complexity makes for lots of twists and turns, but those segments are very narrow and not as fun as the twisty bits of Sweden in SLRE because of the difference in physics.

Dirt 4 is grippy but it's not what I would consider easy, and the stages are about as narrow as it gets, no wider than SLRE. Tougher stages can be exhausting, and there are almost no moments to relax, as I found when I had to remap the windshield wipers from a D-pad input to a face button because I couldn't take my thumb off the left analog stick! I'm not sure what else to say about what you saw in the videos.

In any case, if you're a wheel user and only want to play with a wheel, it's true that Dirt 4 may not be the game for you.

I really enjoyed all three of them... I just can't switch back and forth. They all feel/look different. When I first started playing each one it felt weird. Now that I am getting deep into Dirt 4 it feels natural.

Also I am playing with a wheel and really enjoying Dirt 4 - so to each their own

^ For the record, I have not played SLRE or Dirt 4 with a wheel, and haven't played Dirt Rally at all.

I really enjoyed all three of them... I just can't switch back and forth. They all feel/look different. When I first started playing each one it felt weird. Now that I am getting deep into Dirt 4 it feels natural.

Also I am playing with a wheel and really enjoying Dirt 4 - so to each their own

I play with a G29 and constantly switched between SLRE, WRC 6 and DiRT Rally with no problem. I does take five minutes to get adjusted as each game treats weight differently, especially in DiRT Rally with its 5 gram cars.

But DiRT 4 is now the odd man out. I cannot jump into D4. It's so different. And it's not right. It feels completely unnatural.

But DiRT 4 is now the odd man out. I cannot jump into D4. It's so different. And it's not right. It feels completely unnatural.

There must be something wrong with me because I'm digging it. :lol:

Not saying it's more or less correct than the others. The main thing for me was SLRE had better physics under braking IMO..

There must be something wrong with me because I'm digging it. :lol:

Not saying it's more or less correct than the others. The main thing for me was SLRE had better physics under braking IMO..

D4 isn't bad. I'm just really disappointed with the ridiculous grip problems. It's totally unrealistic. So when I do play D4 I usually use the R5 class, which Codemasters admitted was one of the only classes they had professional consulting for from Kris Meeke. Most other car classes are hopelessly broken with excessive grip and understeer, and that's even present in the R5's. The entire community is up in arms about it so I'm confident that will be improved at some point. On Steam the number of people playing D4 has already dropped below the number of people playing DR. Needless to say I am very disappointed after Codies promised D4 will be DR's handling but with the necessary corrections made.

I just don't feel like I'm driving a car in D4. That's why I stick to the R5's. They still suffer from that sudden grip loss or sudden traction but it's much less than in other classes. Most people think that there are errors in D4's friction calculations which have made gain/loss of grip not as gradual as it should be. Fingers crossed for a fix.

D4 is a huge improvement over DR in braking. Now WRC 6, SLRE and D4 all feel very similar in braking.

D4 is a huge improvement over DR in braking. Now WRC 6, SLRE and D4 all feel very similar in braking.

I will have to give WRC 6 a try next. I have not played one of the WRC titles since 4 but that was when milestone still made it.

I will have to give WRC 6 a try next. I have not played one of the WRC titles since 4 but that was when milestone still made it.

It's on sale right now in the USA store for $20 PS+ / $25 without PS+. Its simcade, but predictable and believable and it's also fun.

@Pfei & @Spitfire77 I fear I'm getting a bit bored with D4. How is wrc6 for those of you have/play it? Ive long considered picking It up , all those real world stages and current cars call to me plus the head to head special stages look amazing
I had 5 but it was crap but have read some positive things about 6
I'd play SRLE more often but the lack of controller settings is a shame though I'll definitely return once I get my wheel

@Pfei & @Spitfire77 I fear I'm getting a bit bored with D4. How is wrc6 for those of you have/play it? Ive long considered picking It up , all those real world stages and current cars call to me plus the head to head special stages look amazing
I had 5 but it was crap but have read some positive things about 6
I'd play SRLE more often but the lack of controller settings is a shame though I'll definitely return once I get my wheel

WRC 6 is a solid title. I agree that WRC 5 was crap, but WRC 6 is a huge improvement. The physics are decent and intuitive but do have some odd simcade elements to it. Still, it's predictable and fun and the cars behave like rally cars. The stages aren't real but the ambiance is excellent, the presentation is slick (and official) and there are loads of stages to run. The super specials are awesome and multiplayer is lots of fun, if you can find a game. The problem is that lobbies are hidden while people are racing so you need for a lobby to be in between races for it to appear in the list. Damage model is punishing and difficulty is high when settings are maxed out. It's a lot of fun if you don't mind some simcade action.

I play on PS4 Pro so the framerate is quite good. A bit of screen tearing still. I think on vanilla PS4 it is 30fps which can be jarring if you are used to DiRT and Project CARS.

Back