S10 S7 and other S-Class Tunes *Mines PRO tune added*

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 366 comments
Scottcam24, if the Horsepower, weight, and aero are set to the numbers I gave your PP will be 700.

If you can't reach the PP level at these settings I suspect you still have the stock Clio selected. Go to the garage and make SURE you have the Tuned Clio from Concept by GT selected.

If you've already cleared S6 then you'll have no problem with the other S races. In fact, once you get that Tuned Clio set up and on track you're gonna smoke S1 S2 S4 S5. And S7 and S10 shouldn't be a problem for you either with the Tuned Vette or Amuse or Mines...

Last edited:
Ok. I set the horsepower to +25, the weight to 85%, and the rear aerodynamics to 14. Doing this caused my performance points to be 669/630. Is it possible that you're thinking about S-10 or another race. I saw to races that allowed for 700pp. This race only allows me 630pp. Do you know what the problem might be? Again, thank you for your help. Once I know what to do here, I'll be on my way.

Thank you for the advice clacksman and zeemie. I will keep this in mind. I bought an ethernet cable, connected it to my laptop, and performed the update, but it didn't work. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Last edited:
You do it via the internet direct to the PS3. Simply Sign Into PSN while 5P is running and it will update itself. If it stops, go in to the News on My Page and it will resume.

Spec III came out over a year ago, so do get up to date.

Does this mean I need an ethernet cable to get spec III, or can I do it via the internet?

Hi Scottcam24:

In order to get the Spec III update, I believe you need to be logged into Playstation Network. So, yes, you need internet connectivity.

Don't load the game. On your PS3 startscreen scroll to the left to "Settings".

On the very top you will see "System Update".

I'm fairly nooby at all this, but I believe if you perform the update you will acquire the Spec III and a couple other updates that came available after the Spec III in October of 2008. I think this is how you get it??

Hope you have high speed internet. Even so, you'll be a while and you may have to try more than once as the updates do not always load successfully.

Good luck

Also, a friendly bit of advice - if nobody has posted after your last post, the management here will suggest that you click the "edit" button on your last post and add your next thoughts or questions there as opposed to double posting.

Hope this is helpful.

Welcome to the Planet.

Zeemie

Treed. And Clacksman is right about loading the game while you're logged in - it will tell you that you have to perform the update.

Last edited:
Nevermind. I'm good to go now. Thank you to all those who responded to my threads. I hope you all continue to enjoy Gran Turismo video games as much as I do. Happy gaming.

Sure enough, I put in your specs for S-1 with Spec III and I cleared the event with gold with ease! At first, I thought, oh no. I wasn't passing cars. But by the time I got to the second lap, hello, I was passing four to five cars like a hot knife through butter.

Response to s2k2k3: I know. I just get so hasty sometimes to get what I'm looking for that I tend to overlook important details.

Last edited:
Nevermind. I'm good to go now. Thank you to all those who responded to my threads. I hope you all continue to enjoy Gran Turismo video games as much as I do. Happy gaming.

Glad you got it figured out:tup:

Thank you for the tunes, s2k2k3 and everybody else! With your help I got silver in s7 with Clio tunes. However, I am now stuck with s10 for almost a week. The frustrating part is that I do not feel that I am getting better with more practice. My best result was 12th place, and I was never holding a 10th place during the races at s10 at all. I tried most of the cars and the suggested tunes, but I still cannot clear the event. Something is wrong with my driving, I guess. Could that be the fact that I use the break and gas pedals with one foot (so, I could not be using them both at same time on the corners e.g.)?

Thank you very much for the help!
-Eugene-

P.S. I use Logitech DF wheel, auto trans, standard physics.

There are alot of tips on driving in this thread that should help you break through and start improving your lap times and finishing position.

There are alot of tips on driving in this thread that should help you break through and start improving your lap times and finishing position.
Thanks, s2k2k3! I finished 10th yesterday :). I am now using your auto trans tuned Vette tune, and I find it the easiest for me so far. I will keep trying... My first lap is usually 2.14-2.16, and the next ones - on average 2.05. Still not good enough, but a bit better than at the beginning...
Thanks for your help and tips!
-Eugene-

If you find any of these tunes helpful please let me know. It's always nice to hear success stories.

I like your Mines Skyline pro tune 👍

I haven't quite managed first on professional yet (Been at it for like a year now :rolleyes:)

But on my first two attempts using this tune, I came 4th and then 2nd. Coming within 6 seconds of the leader on both runs (I was only 3.5 seconds from the leader on my second attempt).

The reason being, this car is so easy to drive and oh so forgiving. 4th through the esses, so much low down power I need not go down to 2nd except for the Hairpin, where its easy to get a good exit. In my many other runs in various rear wheel drive cars, I haven't managed to come close, often struggling to reach that last pack before the two Corvettes up front. But with this car its easy. It just isn't quite as fast as the other cars i've tried, therein lies the problem. Averaging 2:00-2:01 laps is just not good enough. But at least I can hit 2:01 every time. I could hit 1:58s in the tuned GT spec II, or the Tuned Viper, but I often average 2:04+ in those cars because it is so easy to make mistakes :/

But I'll keep at it :)

EDIT: I nearly did it again. a 10:13 time, only a second off the leader. Ironically, with a different lineup (With the Vette starting 2nd not infront), I would have won :( That was with TLD's Tuned Viper, my best lap was somewhere in the low 1'59s. I think i'm getting better at the game :D

EDIT2: I just did it, finally! Only managed a 10:15 time, but I won by 2.8 seconds! How did the Vette lose that much time? :confused:

Last edited:
EDIT2: I just did it, finally! Only managed a 10:15 time, but I won by 2.8 seconds! How did the Vette lose that much time? :confused:

Not clear from reading your post if you were using the Mines when you won or not, but whatever car you were using, congrats! It's not easy to gold S10 in pro physics. 👍

Not clear from reading your post if you were using the Mines when you won or not, but whatever car you were using, congrats! It's not easy to gold S10 in pro physics. 👍

Was in the Tuned Viper. But I almost did it in your Tuned Corvette, but I crashed out on the 3rd lap when i was ~4 seconds behind the leader :P The Corvette is a lot harder to handle than the Viper, the Amuse, the Mines etc.

I kind of gave up on the Mines, a very good tune though it is, it just lacks the power and the speed through the corner as some of the lighter more powerful RWD cars can manage.

I was about to request a tune for the Tuned Viper (Thats until I saw that TLD had tuned one for R1 not R3 tyres), but it seems I don't need it now :D

I find the Corvette T to be easier to drive than the other RWD cars. To each his own I suppose. lol

The Mines does lack speed on the straight, that's true. I haven't done better than 2nd with it myself.

Just got the G27 and already have the DFGT wheel ...kinda of new at this bt do have some experience...have cleared all the S events with the exception of S-10. Can you provide some tunes for auto using either the DFGT or G27 racing wheel. I mainly use auto but willing to try the manual. thanks

Just got the G27 and already have the DFGT wheel ...kinda of new at this bt do have some experience...have cleared all the S events with the exception of S-10. Can you provide some tunes for auto using either the DFGT or G27 racing wheel. I mainly use auto but willing to try the manual. thanks

Look in the first post. I have provided links to my auto trans tunes.

Canadon,

As a fellow Canadian and I'm assuming fellow leaf fan I just have to help. I couldn't clear S7 or S10 for ever, then I tried s2K2K3's Mine's tune and I actually used auto trans due to bad shoulder and won fuji w/ gold and 3rd at suzuka.

I actually moved into 2nd with a full lap to go in an earlier run but got too excited and crashed :ouch:

I found with this car it had a slight drift when you hit the brakes and turn which sent me into the next section with more speed.

I'm not an advocate for drifting but I was willing to do anything.

Now I'm off to the online expert events and doing free runs to try and improve overall.

Anyway, good luck and see you at expert online.

Jim

P.S. Thanks loads s2K2K3, I couldn't have done it without you.

Jim,
Thank you so much for your tips and an effort to help! Much appreciated! Mine's is actually so far my second car choice for the S10 event, after the Tuned Vette. I have tried using the somewhat modified (for Auto) version of s2K2K3's Mine's tune already, and indeed, I felt more comfortable using it in comparison with most of the other cars. Something was still missing though (perhaps, it is indeed, slower on the straights), and I was not able to catch up to the main group of cars. After reading your post I will try using it again. Did you use the exact tune as suggested by s2K2K3 (except switching to auto trans)?

So, I switched to the Tune Vette for S-10, and was able to finish 7th yesterday (my personal best so far). I was actually ready to pass a group of 4-5 cars at the "spoon" turn of the 4th lap, but, same as you, got nervous and excited, and made a mistake instantly :ouch:.

So, it is getting a bit better, but very-very slowly, and still not consistently. When I read how easy the fellow members pass this event, I can't understand what's wrong with me, lol. Seems as I am trying my best, but I am not there... at least yet.

Again, thanks to you, s2K2K3, and others for tips and all the help!

P.S. Yes, a Leafs fan here, no matter how painful it is these days, lol...

Yes I have copied this straight from s2K2K3.

All I did was change it to auto trans.

Mines - I used to think this was the best of the S10 tunes I've done. It's still a great tune but others are as fast, or even a bit faster.
Best Lap: 1:56.624 with several other laps of 1:57.xxx.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4lcbZgBfM

I have tweaked the setup a tiny bit and managed a lap of 1'55.556 with no traffic. I never thought I'd run a 1'55 with a 750PP car.

Manual Transmission
Power: -4%
Weight: 85%
Tires: R1 (Event Specified)
Aero: Front 15 Rear 32
Height: -8 -8
Springs: 5 5
Dampers: 6 6
Toe: +0.20 +0.20
Camber: 1.6 1.2
Brakes: 5 2
Max Turn: 50 (try using less if the steering is too sensitive)
ABS: off
TCS: off

Gears:
1: 3.240
2: 2.090
3: 1.538
4: 1.258
5: 1.044
6: 0.875
F: 3.720

Good Luck.

Yeeesss! Finally, I did it! S-10 is done with the 3rd place finish, but I am happy with that for now. Thank you, s2K2K3, for an amazing tune for the Tuned Vette (Auto Trans), and thank you, Jim, for your support and tips... I can finally have a relaxing sleep now :))
-Eugene-

Congrats Eugene,

Now the hard part, racing expert events. I tried the SVTM drive in and went & bought the Audi TT and tuned it thinking I was going to race on Saturday. After a few laps of DRC in free run I couldn't even keep it on the track. Needless to say I put off my debut. I tried the EVO X and did a couple of laps 2:00.xxx which feels better but I'm telling you the hard work is just beginning.

Keep at it and I'll see you at the races.

Jim

2'00 laps would be at or near the slow end for that Drive-In car last Saturday, but the not staying on the road is a problem. DRC is not very forgiving, and it's just not much fun if there's noone near you after you crash out on lap 1. New event update this week means the Tunas might get an easier track to stage their event on, like HSR, the Speedway at Daytona or Fuji.

Thanks Clacksman,

After I posted that time I saw some times with the evo x and they are around 1:53:xxxx, wow I guess I have to kick the wife off of the tv a little more.

I did try the HSR time trial with a half baked tune with the tuned 111r @ 750pp and got it under 1:08. I don't know how descent that might be, it felt ok.

I will keep an eye out for the drive in.

Thanks
Jim

I did try the HSR time trial with a half baked tune with the tuned 111r @ 750pp and got it under 1:08. I don't know how descent that might be, it felt ok.

If you can get into the top 100 of any TT you're doing alright.
The ones in Arcade haven't been reset for ~18 months.
The ones at the bottom of the Online events reset (and change) monthly so get in early after the update if you want to lead briefly. :lol:

Time + effort = results

👍

In the upper left of your My Page screen, does it say Spec II or Spec III after the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue?

erm what if it don't say any of them !!! which mine don't btw.... has anyone actually finished it without the updates ??

reason i ask is i live in the back end of nowhere here in ireland and broadband is just a dream at moment,i'm not one for coming online looking for help but after 14 months of trying to complete the game i'm on the brink of loosing it!!!!

i'm using the mines r34 with the setup mentioned at the start of the thread with no joy....

HEEEEELP !!

If you can get into the top 100 of any TT you're doing alright.
The ones in Arcade haven't been reset for ~18 months.
The ones at the bottom of the Online events reset (and change) monthly so get in early after the update if you want to lead briefly. :lol:

Time + effort = results

👍

I tried again with the tuned vette but only for a half dozen laps & got it to 1:06:5xx, I'm sure with practice I can go lower. Now ranked 578. That's with your 800pp tune turned down.I may try to play with it some more tonight.

Thanks for all your effort with tunes, it is much appreciated.

Jim

Back