S2 | Autobacs Super GT | (NEW START TIME ~ 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt)Open 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 729 comments
Right, I wouldn't mind it so much if it were two series running at once. However no other series on here races biweekly so it is near impossible to do that, unless they were run by the same organizer.
We tried to set something up with WEC awhile back but we could run GT3's our self. Next season we will have an option to run GT3, GT300, Spec Chassis like FGT or something else?,.

I like the gt3s, also I did some running in the gt86 race car, its a little slower but a blast to drive. FGT would be fun, so would LMPs.

I like the gt3s, also I did some running in the gt86 race car, its a little slower but a blast to drive. FGT would be fun, so would LMPs.
Im down for the FGT's because their spec and the next lvl of speed. Also if things were to blow up we could have a GP2 feeder series also spec! :)

To the guys using a wheel, what do you all use as a wheel stand / rig. Mines pretty ghetto at the moment, it's one of those foldable snack tables and a computer chair that rolls away when I brake hard, and feels like I'm sitting on cement. The table is pretty unstable too, I gotta have my legs pressed up against it to keep it from tipping around.
So I'm looking to upgrade it with my tax returns but don't wanna drop to much money on it. Just wanna see what everyone else uses.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
I think FGTs are a joke in this game personally, especially under braking. The tire model seems to have issues and it doesn't feel like you have that next level of grip like you should.

I definitely want to do weekly though. I think everyone would be able to make it too because I know most of you do other weekend series too.

I use the stand in my picture , its kinda cheap . Wheel stand pro i think the name is.

Should be under 100 bucks

Ive never driven the redbull jrs but are those a good choice for a series ?

Seems you guys want something with lots of downforce

To the guys using a wheel, what do you all use as a wheel stand / rig. Mines pretty ghetto at the moment, it's one of those foldable snack tables and a computer chair that rolls away when I brake hard, and feels like I'm sitting on cement. The table is pretty unstable too, I gotta have my legs pressed up against it to keep it from tipping around.
So I'm looking to upgrade it with my tax returns but don't wanna drop to much money on it. Just wanna see what everyone else uses.
Ill post mine, but rig setup alone was like $500 bucks!
I think FGTs are a joke in this game personally, especially under braking. The tire model seems to have issues and it doesn't feel like you have that next level of grip like you should.

I definitely want to do weekly though. I think everyone would be able to make it too because I know most of you do other weekend series too.
Still haven't driven the FGT's yet but ill look out for that glitch' 👍

We use the same snack table! haha, mines on some thicker carpet so its pretty sturdy, same with the chair. I used that table on my friends hardwood floors and it was a nightmare!

Redbull juniors would be okay they are kinda low on power though.

I actually had the wheel stand pro, then went back to controller and sold that and my wheel like a dummy. Maybe I'll just get it again, think it was like 90 bucks shipped. Getting a new computer soon too for assetto corsa and iracing so i
didn't wanna spend too much on the stand.

The redbull jr is fun but it is very different from anything else in the game. Stupid fast lap times and you really have to be on the limit to keep up with people.

I wouldn't mind doing GT500 every week. This is the best GT500 series on GTPlanet that I've seen. We had 16 people until the mid-season drama.

@FakeGangstaDIE Not sure if it's possible with your desk, but I just cut a new keyboard pull out thing that is longer so the wheel just mounts to that. My chair weighs about 5 million pounds so it doesn't move.
image.jpg

Also cam check check out rseat.com for their buddy clamp,. Its a fully adjustable billet clamp for wheel to surface area. I was mentioning it to Tyson earlier

The redbull jr is fun but it is very different from anything else in the game. Stupid fast lap times and you really have to be on the limit to keep

@FakeGangstaDIE Not sure if it's possible with your desk, but I just cut a new keyboard pull out thing that is longer so the wheel just mounts to that. My chair weighs about 5 million pounds so it doesn't move.
View attachment 139137
I was thinking just putting like a 2x6 or something on the thing my tv is on so I can put the wheel on that, but then I gotta screw on the wheel to play gt then unscrew it to watch tv. To much work for my lazy a** lol

I sent Joe a picture if the fugly thing I built in the last two days to hold my wheel. Maybe he can post it here.
Started practicing yesterday. Sure had fun driving with it.

I use the stand in my picture , its kinda cheap . Wheel stand pro i think the name is.

Should be under 100 bucks

Seems you guys want something with lots of downforce
The RB Jr. is good fun and even on Sport Soft tires (less tire glitch) they have amazing grip.

For those of you whom wanted to watch this 2014 Blancpain Races

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody got any Spa target times yet? I'm wondering if its going to be the usual 2'14's/2'15's or are you guys going to break into the 2'13's even with weight?

Last edited:
For those of you whom wanted to watch this 2014 Blancpain Races

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody got any Spa target times yet? I'm wondering if its going to be the usual 2'14's/2'15's or are you guys going to break into the 2'13's even with weight?

Should be 2:10's probably

Damn I never seen that time out of a GT car with less than 600pp. 2'13's was the fastest I've seen at 500hp, eventho I have seen I believe a 2'11'xxx through out the past'
2:07's are pushing the limits of a clean lap at 502hp with turbos and engine tuning

With 80kg and no turbo or engine I would say 2:10

Back