Sardegna WTC800 - Your best car?

• Thread starter MagnusVBK
  • 91 comments
Hi folks,

I'm not the best driver at all, but managed Sardegna 800 with my "beloved" R92CP quite well. Before discovered the R92CP I used the Mazda 787. Now, I'm runninig this famous tune. For fun, but much more time, I'm testing a lot of other cars .... But nothing beats the R92CP (my experience of course ...)
  • Lap 1 => FM 3
  • Lap 2-8 => FM 4
  • Lap 9 => FM 2
  • Lap 10 => FM 3
  • Lap 11 till end - FM 2
  • NB: Lap 15 half-course, possible to set on FM 1 ... depending of your drive style
Fastest Lap (only once) 1:28:876
However, 1:29:xxx times are very regular (depending on my daily shape :D)
  • Auto transmission and playing with controller (however, I'm convinced that it is even faster and better with a manual gearbox and steering wheel)
  • RS, changing at pit stop end of 8 and refuel 100%
The screenshot shows the 23:15 race, but managed already 23:11. And, in the past I was on "normal" difficulty... and changed since some weeks on "hard" permanently ... (it's more fun)

And .. btw ... it's my daily race to make easy money and get my daily roulette ticket. 💰😎

Enjoy and see you online
Fred

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230929101343.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I'm not the best driver at all, but managed Sardegna 800 with my "beloved" R92CP quite well. Before discovered the R92CP I used the Mazda 787. Now, I'm runninig this famous tune. For fun, but much more time, I'm testing a lot of other cars .... But nothing beats the R92CP (my experience of course ...)
  • Lap 1 => FM 3
  • Lap 2-8 => FM 4
  • Lap 9 => FM 2
  • Lap 10 => FM 3
  • Lap 11 till end - FM 2
  • NB: Lap 15 half-course, possible to set on FM 1 ... depending of your drive style
Fastest Lap (only once) 1:28:876
However, 1:29:xxx times are very regular (depending on my daily shape :D)
  • Auto transmission and playing with controller (however, I'm convinced that it is even faster and better with a manual gearbox and steering wheel)
  • RS, changing at pit stop end of 8 and refuel 100%
The screenshot shows the 23:15 race, but managed already 23:11. And, in the past I was on "normal" difficulty... and changed since some weeks on "hard" permanently ... (it's more fun)

And .. btw ... it's my daily race to make easy money and get my daily roulette ticket. 💰😎

Enjoy and see you online
Fred

View attachment 1316255
I'm on controller and used Auto transmission forever. Finally forced myself to learn manual transmission so I could add the Tokyo WTC 600 12-lap event into my credit grind rotation. I already added Le Mans to the rotation which is more challenging than Sardegna and more fun. I think Le Mans can still be beat with an auto transmission no problem. That race is all about tire strategy and fuel consumption and reading the weather radar. Not as predictable as Sardegna. But the Tokyo race has the best payout per hour of all the races. But a much bigger challenge and risk of losing, especially if you are driving only automatic. Once you start to tire a bit from the endless laps of Sardegna, I suggest adding those other 2 into the rotation for more variety and natural progression as a driver.

Oh and I highly suggest the motion controller steering for anyone without a wheel. I drive in Cockpit view in VR and love how well it works. Especially when you play around with the feedback settings to get it to your liking. You have much more precise control than with the sticks.

Last edited:
Back