Sardegna WTC800 - Your best car?

• Thread starter MagnusVBK
  • 91 comments
Yep GR010 is still the fastest. I mean it's not like a lot faster, but at least 2-3 seconds away from other cars.

I wish they add more LMH and LMDh cars in future. We have at least 2 ready to go cars: Peugeot 9x8 (LMH) and Porsche 963 (LMDh)

Yep GR010 is still the fastest. I mean it's not like a lot faster, but at least 2-3 seconds away from other cars.

I wish they add more LMH and LMDh cars in future. We have at least 2 ready to go cars: Peugeot 9x8 (LMH) and Porsche 963 (LMDh)
GR010, is that a Legendary? Or available in the Brand shop?

You are missing out on LeMans sir! I am sure that any race car in this game can do it in 30 mins, but that’s not where it’s at.

My options are growing increasingly limited with each purchase, but I have found running road cars at Sarthe to be so satisfying, even if they have poor fuel economy most of the time. A good portion of the games road cars, properly tuned (and sometimes not) can easily pump out wins (credits). The added bonus is improving your skills and validating the hard work the tuning community puts in here.

There are some cars that I just love driving this course as well. The ‘84 GTO, the R8 4.2, the Black Series come to mind, but many others that I just feel like driving at that moment.

I love Sarthe, long live Sarthe.
I am driving more often on Le Mans. But want to find good options on the other money grinding tracks as well.

I am driving more often on Le Mans. But want to find good options on the other money grinding tracks as well.
Mix in Tokyo $800k race! Out of all the "grind" events, that's my favorite - It's more challenging, sure (you get clean race bonus always, I've never not gotten it, so don't worry about the penalties... too much that is) but depending on your skill, there are a lot of road cars to challenge yourself with - or there is a "glitch" Alpine A'220 late 60's race car that is the fastest method and my personal fav to use=.

It is probably the only car you can use with RS tires and still be powerful enough and with enough top speed to win the race (1-stop strat on FM1 whole race no short shifting or other FM techniques) . Alternatives for "easier" win (in case you dont have the A'220 from LD) are any of the 4WD Gr.4 cars detuned with sport hards. With A'220, my personal best is 25:21 and PR Lap 1:57.79 (prior to last night is was 1:59.3 and in same race I got new PR of 1:58.8 and then the 1:57.79 next lap). Other more competent drivers (im controller and average) have posted low 24 mins races and 1:53.xx lap times that boggle my mind.

I struggle a lot with downtuning, I would love to test some legendary cars but I can never seem to get the hang on downtuming.
On the other hand, I love uptuning and already got the hang of it.

The Subaru BRZ '21 is a monster in this track. I have two builds (RM and RH), different strategies, both work. The car is amazing, seems to fly on track, great grip and excellent fuel usage.

The GR010 is by far the best car I have in this race, easy sub 25 even with automatic transmission and TCS 1. I have similar times for the Suzuki Escudo and the Mercedes CLK-LM, around 25:20, but the Escudo is a two-stop strategy (usually laps 6 and 12) while the Mercedes is an one-stop (lap 8).

Last edited:
Mix in Tokyo $800k race! Out of all the "grind" events, that's my favorite - It's more challenging, sure (you get clean race bonus always, I've never not gotten it, so don't worry about the penalties... too much that is) but depending on your skill, there are a lot of road cars to challenge yourself with - or there is a "glitch" Alpine A'220 late 60's race car that is the fastest method and my personal fav to use=.
Excuse me, but how is Tokyo more challenging, particularly when you're using a glitched tune?

I've been using a detuned Escudo and it's quite fun. Only have to pit once on fm6.

Are there other cars than gr3,2,1, and aliens, maybe normal roadcars or tuned gr4 that are compatible with sardegna 800?i want to mux it up but everithing i try needs too much fuel or doesnt have enough grip.

Are there other cars than gr3,2,1, and aliens, maybe normal roadcars or tuned gr4 that are compatible with sardegna 800?i want to mux it up but everithing i try needs too much fuel or doesnt have enough grip.
Try the Subaru BRZ GT300 with Praiano tune, best gr3 IMO 👍 FM3 will need to pit twice around lap 5 and lap 10. You only need to change tyres once though

Last edited:
I've done it with the Veneno and I suspect the 288 GTO can pull it off.

I won earlier using approx 740-750pp amg gt Road car listed in in the last couple of pages in the Exeter tunes thread.

It is a different kettle of fish in terms of challenge though. Difficult finding road car that has power, handling/downforce and economy of race cars. I'm working my way through tunes though, using any cars close to pp. I see it as a well paid rest drive basically and excuse to experience as many cars as possible.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but how is Tokyo more challenging, particularly when you're using a glitched tune?
Simple - takes more concentration to avoid a costly mistake and like I said, I like to mix up the cars to complete the race. Unless you're using GR.3 in Sardegna its a cakewalk and I find it boring

Back