Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The British lightweight Seasonal event is a good way to practice with this car. Collecting some good cr. and XP whilst getting to know the car. Just hope the handling isn't too different online.

I definitely think this car has too much grip with sport hard tyres. I just ran a 7:54 at the ring, with traffic. Could easily get it into the high 7:40s with a clear track. Car is bone stock, no oil change, and running in the British lightweight SE.

Edit: make that a 7:50.380. I know i have a draft for a good portion of the lap but still think this is way too fast.

Last edited:
I would like to participate too.

Your are more than welcome, just make sure to read all the info in the first post, to check it each week for Race Event/Rule updates, & then apply in the manner described. I think I remember seeing you out on track in GT5 Prologue, do you have another PSN ID, namely: Piket?

👍

I definitely think this car has too much grip with sport hard tyres...

You're probably right, this is the only SSCS I've run so far where I couldn't find any skidpad numbers for the car (I even emailed TVR, no reply), & have just stuck with the tyres it came with as stock. Which is probably wrong regarding calan_svc's method for choosing the correct tyres in GT5, but that's what we've got this week & it's still a fun drive nonetheless.

:D

It is still good fun to drive. I usually do time attacks and compare it to real life lap times. I did not find any lap times for TVRs though. Probably nobody dares drive them in anger at the 'ring :lol:
First lap on Comfort Soft: 8:03.010 (with traffic)

Last edited:
I would like to partcicipate to fill up the drivers list.

PSN-name: GTP_w-g-e

EDIT: I bought this car today, because I wanted something fun to drive. Seems like I made a good choice.:)

I would like to partcicipate to fill up the drivers list.

PSN-name: GTP_w-g-e

EDIT: I bought this car today, because I wanted something fun to drive. Seems like I made a good choice.:)

As long as you've taken the time to read all the Rules & Regulations, you'll be more than welcome! If there's anything you don't understand, please make a post in this thread & ask me before the event starts (same goes for everyone), thanks.

Last edited:
VBR
As long as you've taken the time to read & understand all the Rules & Regulations, you'll be more than welcome!

Oh, I've done that. I'll send you a friend request as soon as possible.

If its room for me then I will join tonight :)

I definitely remember you from Prologue, you're most certainly welcome, just real the: SSCS Race Event/Rules & Regs before you attend. SSCS is run on a first come first served basis, the most we've ever had on track at any one time is 12, hence the ad in the title for new drivers.

👍

Nooo Tony is going to take over the world LOL

The world is all yours for the taking Pag, i can't make it tonight, cya next Saturday.

@VBR yeah i was racing under Piket for some time back then.

@VBR yeah i was racing under Piket for some time back then.

Great to have another super-fast driver on board, you'll be able to give Zkippe & GTP_GhostDriver a run for their money! Just remember to take it easy during the reverse grid races, you fast guys need to display more patience & skill in them than us mere mortals.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'd like to join you tonight.

I've read and understood the rules.

I'll send you a friend request now VBR.:tup

EDIT: First race was awesome. Had great fun battling with Pag despite his car pogo'ing back and forth. Second race and I realised that the SSCS is not for me. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I had really bad luck with the connection today :(

But I must say it looks like my kind of event, VERY clean driving, i dont even think i got a contact with a single car!

Fast and fair driving guys 👍 See you next week.

EDIT: and sorry for joining late and braking the rules lol. Just a misunderstanding about the starting time, my bad. Keep up the good work

I wasn't able to get on track although I was in the lounge. A black screen with the GT5 logo came up and stood there until I quit from the game. I tried twice with the same result. I hope it went well for all.

I'm sorry I quitted so suddenly in race 3. Parents suddenly let me quit the game.:ouch:
No, I'm not a grown-up still living with his parents. I'm 14 years old.:dopey:

So that's why I can't make some races. Still great fun nonetheless.

I'm sorry I quitted so suddenly in race 3. Parents suddenly let me quit the game.:ouch:
No, I'm not a grown-up still living with his parents. I'm 14 years old.:dopey:

So that's why I can't make some races. Still great fun nonetheless.

No worries, I understand! Although I did get the jump on you in the pit stops by staying out an extra lap! :P You are very fast indeed for someone so young, & a super clean driver too, maybe you will win a GT Academy at some point in the future huh!

VBR
No worries, I understand! Although I did get the jump on you in the pit stops by staying out an extra lap! :P You are very fast indeed for someone so young, & a super clean driver too, maybe you will win a GT Academy at some point in the future huh!

Nah, that was because my tyres were cold and I drove in the sand.:dopey:

Thanks for your comment. I'm not the slowest, but certainly not the fastest. And definately not GT academy fast.:crazy:

Hi guys, do you race any other day except for saturday.. maybe during the week.. id like to join since i so tony is signing to sscs and i thout " wow thers going to be some bloody action here ".. but as i said saturday is not my day, so do you guys race during the week..?

Cheers guys..

Hi decho, sorry mate but we only ever race on Saturdays, "Wednesday Stock Car Series" just doesn't have the same ring to it! :D

I remember racing you in Prologue & know how good you are, so you're welcome to add me on the off chance that you do get a Saturday free oneday.

👍

PS: I'm working on the next event now, it will be posted up sometime later tonight.

This weeks theme is: SSCS: All Japan!

Featuring the Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI with Comfort Soft tyres on Tokyo R246 Reverse, Suzuka, Tsukuba & Fuji GT. The only skidpad number I could find was for the regular version of the car (0.90g), I can't see there being a huge amount of difference for the sedan so we'll use it, click here for more info, & see the GT5 Tyre Guide in my sig for the formula I use to choose tyres for SSCS (if you're interested).

Drivers Briefing

• Remember the Race Specifics, is deliberately putting all 4 wheels on kerbs & over white lines allowed at SSCS?
  • Don't forget that everyone is now required to check the Race Event/Rules & Regs weekly, for any updates.
  • There was way too much contact/damage last week, you all have a brake pedals, use them some more! :P
  • Too many drivers were also not leaving enough space in qually last week, read the rules & do the math!
  • Drivers will be getting SSCS Feedback PM's after each race event, if I think it's needed or will be helpful.
  • Please practice beforehand if you can, see the new SSCS Practice info listed in Optional Information!

👍

Last edited:
I will almost definately be there.👍

VBR
Hi decho, sorry mate but we only ever race on Saturdays, "Wednesday Stock Car Series" just doesn't have the same ring to it! :D

I remember racing you in Prologue & know how good you are, so you're welcome to add me on the off chance that you do get a Saturday free oneday.

👍

PS: I'm working on the next event now, it will be posted up sometime later tonight.

Very kind of you, il add you anyway and i hope we can have some casual races during the week ("off the record") and maybe il join some free saturdays, i like your rules and above all i like damage, i think its the only way to get some order on the tracks..

Se you on the track mate..

Hi, I was recommended this by Zkippe, and it sounds very much up my street. Good set of rules and regs.

Thanks for the compliment! I spend a lot of time on it, refining them weekly, not to mention the hours testing car/tyre/track combos & Googling for skidpad data, I hope you do come race & enjoy the event.

👍

Very kind of you, il add you anyway and i hope we can have some casual races during the week ("off the record") and maybe il join some free saturdays, i like your rules and above all i like damage, i think its the only way to get some order on the tracks..

Se you on the track mate..

I do run some casual shuffle races with the same lobby settings, done some tonight & it was the best so far, had a few great racers turn up & a couple of epic battles, all clean as a whistle!

I am running a Wednesday Night NSX-RM Championship and have had a few people say they can only race on Saturdays. One person I know for sure would be interested in this. He is not on GTP but I can vouch for his clean driving and very fast pace.
Is it ok to put him and others intouch with you?

Cheers, Steg

Yes please, that would be great, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back