Sbk 2022 game

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 108 comments
Looking at the game pre-order page on the Xbox store certainly seems to suggest it will just be the WSB championship, no feeder series. Which is a shame.

However, the price for pre-order is £32.99, or about half of what MotoGP 22 cost new.

yeah was about to post the same thing as it’s not full price on PS store either. Hopefully this means it is more or less a Ride 4 based dlc game. To me that would be a good thing but will see. Wish I could get on their testing team. I don’t do social media or any of that, but it’s unfortunate most of the people who get these pre-lease stuff do crap job of feedback And focus on fluff. Or don’t really care/understand bikes so have no clue what they are looking at or talking about

Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn’t answer any real questions. Their marketing team is simply terrible. I’ve already pre-ordered so I’m in but the main thing I’d like to know is if it’s more like Ride 4 or MotoGP. Hopefully it’s basically just standalone DLC that should have been in Ride 4. If it’s like MotoGP 20-22. Then it will just be added to my collection and not played much

ss_1dc6ab7aca78b988ec91b6979775ffc9dfdc3760.1920x1080.jpg
ss_25a969070582a6e9912c87004c5841e3cdc8b3a9.1920x1080.jpg
ss_2739dc9fcb4d78e4ce984bfbcaa5dc6484939192.1920x1080.jpg
ss_73294476abbc713bfdfd2295ba65ff67ba3f4b93.1920x1080.jpg
ss_ff5a4e8338fd9b0d8865ab61d146ee07dc977b53.1920x1080.jpg

I'm curious what the end game with this is, will they add more with DLC's? I can't see this game really pulling many people in with its current state, and Milestone usually doesn't release games as barebones as this.

MotoGP 22 is available via Game Pass at it's on sale right now at -50% on both Xbox and PS4/5.

Was released on April 21.

I predict that SBK game will be on sale a few weeks after launch.

I'm curious what the end game with this is, will they add more with DLC's? I can't see this game really pulling many people in with its current state, and Milestone usually doesn't release games as barebones as this.
Actually they do. MXGP is basically the same state. The have the license and do the bare minimum with it, which is sad as the last one play pretty good especially on the PS5. So probably be more of the same here and much like Dorna in general with SBK most of the focus with be MotoGP. And again this is short sighted on Milestone. This should have just been a dlc pack for Ride 4. It would have made more sense. They are burning bridges. People are tired of paying full price for rehash. Same thing over and over. They talk about the career but it’s the same thing they’ve done for the past 10 years. I’m as diehard as the next guy in regards to bike games but I’m really kind of tired because the actual games play wise are getting worse with each release especially MotoGP, but the Supercross games as well. The only real interest I have in SBK 22 is the tracks. If Ride 4 had more real world tracks I wouldn’t even bother with this one. But we’ll see. If it’s built off Ride 4 instead of MotoGP I’ll be satisfied and hopefully they fixed the AI and braking. But Milestone isn’t giving me confidence as they are saying the same things (ad wise) so until there is some decent competition (and no RIMs Racing isn’t it) Milestone can pretty keep doing whatever they want

MotoGP 22 is available via Game Pass at it's on sale right now at -50% on both Xbox and PS4/5.

Was released on April 21.

I predict that SBK game will be on sale a few weeks after launch.
Tried it, hated it, no longer anticipating this game. I don't know what the hell they did with Moto GP but my god it played like cack.

Looks good, at least has more advanced ui with aids that can be off. I dont see fuel gauge, no pit stops maybe too?
In ride4 there is pit stops i think in endurance?

Was thinking of maybe getting ride4 on sale, then i tried my ride3 and seems pretty similar, so might gets this instead if worth it.

Plus i got all dlc for 3, should have waited maybe. Was checking r4 videos, sounds really have improved vs 3.

Just wish i had a demo to see if road feel got better, that's one thing i prefer in iom tt2 and rims, you feel well the road and bike reactions, etc.

Last edited:
No pitstops in WSBK. Current format is two long races, (20 odd laps depending on the track length), split up with a short sprint race in-between of 10 Laps.
I see thanks, im pretty clueless on current motorsports, even moreso sports in general since long years.
I wonder if they have a mechanical problem or small fall etc, if they can fix it up quick in pits..

Did play around with ride3 some more, chose more racing and top performance bikes, which i until now still kept for dessert hehe.

In cockpit view as usual, it was pretty good, more than i remembered, felt more from those bikes.
Replay handling details in slowmo is pretty cool too, you just dont feel it so much.
Be good if had more sound effects, vibrations etc to replace all you could feel when really sitting on a bike.

Also i didnt have as much problem with sway impression in helmet view as i did in past, maybe cause it's been a while i played it, and lost a wrong focus i had.

Just feels pretty easy, you can turn in on inside steep curb with wrong camber throttle on and no slip or instability etc.

Anyhow, makes me want to try ride4 more, but at the same time im satisfied a little for now in r3 with the best top bikes, still had lots to unlock too, depends on budget..

Surely ill get sbk too at some point, maybe wait see how milestone does. If sound is bad etc., then ill wait for their 2nd or 3rd sbk game.

I dont know for how long they got the sbk license.
Pretty sure they will do a bare job at 1st, then can easily say they improving each year..

Last edited:
I see thanks, im pretty clueless on current motorsports, even moreso sports in general since long years.
I wonder if they have a mechanical problem or small fall etc, if they can fix it up quick in pits..

Did play around with ride3 some more, chose more racing and top performance bikes, which i until now still kept for dessert hehe.

In cockpit view as usual, it was pretty good, more than i remembered, felt more from those bikes.
Replay handling details in slowmo is pretty cool too, you just dont feel it so much.
Be good if had more sound effects, vibrations etc to replace all you could feel when really sitting on a bike.

Also i didnt have as much problem with sway impression in helmet view as i did in past, maybe cause it's been a while i played it, and lost a wrong focus i had.

Just feels pretty easy, you can turn in on inside steep curb with wrong camber throttle on and no slip or instability etc.

Anyhow, makes me want to try ride4 more, but at the same time im satisfied a little for now in r3 with the best top bikes, still had lots to unlock too, depends on budget..

Surely ill get sbk too at some point, maybe wait see how milestone does. If sound is bad etc., then ill wait for their 2nd or 3rd sbk game.

I dont know for how long they got the sbk license.
Pretty sure they will do a bare job at 1st, then can easily say they improving each year..
Just a couple of things. Game design/layout wise which is better Ride 3 or Ride 4 is debatable. I found both annoying (all of them actually) as I’m not a collector nor racing RPG type. I don’t mind a reasonable path to earning upgrades or whatever but this grind stuff of most all non-licensed racing games sucks to me and is why I absolutely hate GT7.

But from a pure game play point of view Ride 4 is easily head above Ride 3 and every other bike game out. And it’s generally discounted everywhere at this point and honestly if I were just starting in the series Ride 4 is where I’d start. It’s main faults are the AI and the braking. Not sure how your settings are but in both have advanced and standard settings (which I think is a stupid feature) so that the game is simpler or more challenging.

As for waiting to “See how Milestone does”. There really isn’t a point. Milestone is Milestone. They’ve been doing bike games for over 20+ years. Their games are what they are. You have the Ride series physics and you have the MotoGP series physics and to me the MotoGP physics are the worst. If SBK is based off MotoGP engine then I’ll wash my hands at it because point blank I think it sucks. But if it’s basically a stand alone Ride 4 dlc then it will be good even with the reduced content.

Unlike CoD where despite different teams working each release if you’ve played one CoD you’ve played them all. For some stupid reason Milestone tries to reinvent the wheel between the games. This goes with the SX an MX games as well. MotoGP has just gone down a really bad path since the change to the Unreal engine and I don’t understand why. It’s not the fault of the engine as the Ride series has gotten better. So it’s obviously a conscious decision. Anyway my point is really if you’re new to Milestones bike games you either just deal with it or you don’t. they really don’t change that much and don’t have to because Milestone has no competition and can do whatever they want. You go back To all their releases and the complaints are always the same but they never listen to the players and when they do decide to listen it’s only seemingly to the press or so called “influencers” who are more interested in fluff and don’t really seem to know anything about racing let alone motorcycles

So I already pre-ordered my copy of SBK 22 and basically the first lap of it I’ll know if I’ll bother or not. I’m really only interested in the tracks. Ride 4 already has all the bikes in SBK 22, and while cool feature the official riders aren’t really a big deal. If the AI still sucks there really isn’t a point in racing or the championship format/season, so I’d be reduced to what I do now with the Ride, Supercross and Motocross games and that’s just putting in solo laps and the occasional online race when I find decent people who actually race cleanly

Sadly after looking around the SBK 22 official site for update news I notice some screen shots for the feature and it makes me believe the game is more based off of MotoGP series than the Ride series. That’s very disappointing. Hope I’m wrong but doubt it

Well that was insanely disappointing. Looks for sure based off MotoGP game instead of Ride. Same rehash of career mode. No comment on any of the key complaints (braking and AI), no comment about content (additional classes coming after release)…just over all lame. But not unexpected, given that its released next week and this is the first real promo about it. Just sad sad sad. But again Milestone lived up to expectations. Maybe it will turn out good but I don’t have my hopes up. Seems like it will be a 2 lap experience for me before it’s ignored. Really should have just been a Ride 4 DLC

It’s just maddening how the quality between their games differs so much. Compare the editors between Ride 4 and MotoGP 22. It’s one freaking company. Why is one so bad and the other pretty good?

Last edited:
Soooo uhmm we have the real format of sbk, you can choose to do practice 1 or.... zzzzzz... lol.

Our forefront ai....lol.

Soooo uhmm our motogp mod for sbk..yh. hehe.
Edit: when they say this has been a long time process, moreso to get the license maybe, surely not to make the mod..

Just being sarcastic a little, but still..
Hope feels and plays good 🤞

Last edited:
I had the same reaction to that AI quip!!! Lol. Given the marketing effort I didn’t expect much but damn, why even bother with a stand alone release? Granted I get not being a DLC for MotoGP given the license (though both are owned by Dorna so….). But making this a DLC to Ride 4 would have been better marketing to Milestone’s base. As you can already see the response. It’s the same thing they’ve been doing the past 10 years of MotoGP games. Rehashing the same formats for career and animations and gear, etc……. So it’s just bad. No effort at all

As I’ve said (too many times I know lol ) if this had been based off Ride 4 I’d be more hopeful and happy to have the tracks. But as I’ve hated all the Unreal based MotoGP games and hated MotoGP22 I’m not thrilled or hopeful About the game play or design. That career mode…. with managers and crap…. I have no interest in it and it’s generally pretty lame. Plus it’s the same thing as previous games…..just bad bad bad

whew now I can breathe lol

I had the same reaction to that AI quip!!! Lol. Given the marketing effort I didn’t expect much but damn, why even bother with a stand alone release? Granted I get not being a DLC for MotoGP given the license (though both are owned by Dorna so….). But making this a DLC to Ride 4 would have been better marketing to Milestone’s base. As you can already see the response. It’s the same thing they’ve been doing the past 10 years of MotoGP games. Rehashing the same formats for career and animations and gear, etc……. So it’s just bad. No effort at all

As I’ve said (too many times I know lol ) if this had been based off Ride 4 I’d be more hopeful and happy to have the tracks. But as I’ve hated all the Unreal based MotoGP games and hated MotoGP22 I’m not thrilled or hopeful About the game play or design. That career mode…. with managers and crap…. I have no interest in it and it’s generally pretty lame. Plus it’s the same thing as previous games…..just bad bad bad

whew now I can breathe lol
They said ai will replicate each top rider style of riding, that could be fun to see in race, to recognize each on track from how they ride.

Hope not too much leg dangling to the side though lol.

They said ai will replicate each top rider style of riding, that could be fun to see in race, to recognize each on track from how they ride.

Hope not too much leg dangling to the side though lol.
The problem though is that the AI isn’t player aware. So it doesn’t matter. Their whole ANNA AI is a joke. I’d swear I recall the older SBK games 98/99/2K…. At least the AI seemed aware of you. So you could kind of actually race them. I recall a great last corner win against Foggy at Donington. GT AI isn’t the greatest about again it least they seem player aware. But Milestone doesn’t even try. The AI is aware of each other, but doesn’t give a crap about the player. So Toprak won’t out brake you , he’ll just run over you. So what’s the point of racing the AI? Which makes the whole career mode pointless. It’s more or less time bonus racing like the old arcade racers

This is why I find a lot of the gaming sites these days completely useless when it comes to anything other than rehashing press releases, especially when it comes to racing games in general and bike games specifically. That talk and focus on stuff that doesn’t really matter. But hey they get free games so they don’t care. That host was a perfect example as it’s Milestone’s event didn’t expect any serious info other than the usual marketing fluff. But again oh well

Last edited:
The problem though is that the AI isn’t player aware. So it doesn’t matter. Their whole ANNA AI is a joke. I’d swear I recall the older SBK games 98/99/2K…. At least the AI seemed aware of you. So you could kind of actually race them. I recall a great last corner win against Foggy at Donington. GT AI isn’t the greatest about again it least they seem player aware. But Milestone doesn’t even try. The AI is aware of each other, but doesn’t give a crap about the player. So Toprak won’t out brake you , he’ll just run over you. So what’s the point of racing the AI? Which makes the whole career mode pointless. It’s more or less time bonus racing like the old arcade racers

This is why I find a lot of the gaming sites these days completely useless when it comes to anything other than rehashing press releases, especially when it comes to racing games in general and bike games specifically. That talk and focus on stuff that doesn’t really matter. But hey they get free games so they don’t care. That host was a perfect example as it’s Milestone’s event didn’t expect any serious info other than the usual marketing fluff. But again oh well
Oh i agree of course.
Just highlighting a point that could be fun, if they fix problems too of course.
Did mention that awareness problem as a comment on their youtube video.
Yeah host acted like a pr help.

Last edited:
Too funny!!!!

Not to be negative but the reason I’m not expecting much is pretty simple.
  1. Past History: Given all the user feedback for their games is generally the same thing, if they actually addressed any of them, you’d think they’d mention it and use it as marketing fodder. You know something regarding user feedback, blah blah. Instead same ole stuff “revolutionary career, Our ANNA AI…….”
  2. Marketing: Just the way this has been handled. It’s release next week and what no press previews (not that press opinion matters to me) and really only that “show case”. Really is kind of telling. No effort simple cash grab to get the title out this year
  3. The Show Case: It’s pretty damning and funny they thought their customers wouldn’t notice. but that’s their problem…like their AI they aren’t player/user aware.
I don’t get why devs are so stubborn to try and “force” stuff on gamers instead of actually listening to what gamers want. I don’t hate Milestone or want them to fail. The only reason I comment on their games is cause I simply would like to see them get it right. I keep saying it, it’s just a few small items that let their games down. If they’d stop with all the stupid stuff they keep adding and just work on that, I’d bet 80% of the complaints and negative comments would go away

Last edited:
Back