Sciaru BRZFRS (BreezeFrees)

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 5,604 comments
I don't think we can guess too much from that prototype... I'm seeing a cross between the Legacy and the previous IS myself... But its supposed to be misleading like that.

Is this going to be a 2+2 Coupe? Things would have been extremely interesting if Pontiac (or Saturn) kept to that model with their origional Kappa-based plans...

Do any of you think this is unlike Subaru to have a RWD car (even though a joint effort by Toyota)?

A quick answer, but yes: Subaru has almost no history with RWD production cars WITH the engine mounted in front, and Toyota has put that history off in their company, the sporadic Aristo and IS-series sedans aside.

That is one seriously deformed Legacy.

Certainly I'm not the only one who finds the idea of a 2.0L naturally-aspirated flat-four making 220hp @ 6500 basically impossible, right? Silly autoblog. Also, it seems odd to benchmark it on a now-dead car.

I really, really want this to be good, but I can't see it working out too well.

It's perfectly possible... uhhh... if by naturally aspirated they mean supercharged... :lol:

Not autoblog's mistake, though... Autoblog is just a filter... It's inside line that reported on this.

Or maybe Toybaru meant 2.5 liter with 220hp at 6500 rpm? More believable...

...but with the import scene dying quickly,...

I was going to ask, "Where do You live?"

Then I saw it was Michigan. Michigan (the lower part) has never had a strong Import following. Something to do with supporting the local economy for sure.

Not sure if this is a new article or not...

car_photo_264426_25.jpg

http://www.leftlanenews.com/subaru-sports-coupe-caught-on-camera.html

Seems the 300+hp 2.5 might be an option along with 4WD.
I doubt the image above is anything more than photoshop work but anyone who has more info is encouraged to reveal whatever possible.

Looks front engined to me.

I was in reference to this whole "import tuner" thing that exploded after the movies and videogames made young Americans thing that it was "cool" and whatnot. Its not nearly as huge as it used to be, as we've been seeing magazines collapse, readership fade, and the push for shows and events outright disappear.

Its nothing personal, I'm just noting the way the trends are. To that extent, it seems pretty clear that no matter where you are in the country, these "Hot Import Nights" deals are pretty much done.

I was in reference to this whole "import tuner" thing that exploded after the movies and videogames made young Americans thing that it was "cool" and whatnot. Its not nearly as huge as it used to be, as we've been seeing magazines collapse, readership fade, and the push for shows and events outright disappear.

Its nothing personal, I'm just noting the way the trends are. To that extent, it seems pretty clear that no matter where you are in the country, these "Hot Import Nights" deals are pretty much done.

And thank god for that.
I liked it more when the only people who knew Skylines, Evos, and STIs were the people who cared about the world of motor-sports and not the Image.
I'm sure it's getting back to that now but we still have a way to go... After all, they are planning another F&F movie. :rolleyes:

Not sure if this is a new article or not...

car_photo_264426_25.jpg

http://www.leftlanenews.com/subaru-sports-coupe-caught-on-camera.html

Seems the 300+hp 2.5 might be an option along with 4WD.
I doubt the image above is anything more than photoshop work but anyone who has more info is encouraged to reveal whatever possible.

Is it just be or does that just scream "Photoshop of an STI?"

The import scene is still alive and doing pretty well, here at least. Maybe this is jsut because we have so many young Asians here who believe they have to represent this attitude of import tuners. We still have this phenomenon called the "street races" here and, while, yes, there are throngs of questionable Civics and a whole bunch of just "normal" cars and a few German and American cars doing stuff, there still are a handful of EVOs, STIs, various other import cars that look good and are fast, Supras and even a Skyline from time to time. So that scene is still around, however much the retards in the ugly Civics have a presence there.

And thank god for that.
I liked it more when the only people who knew Skylines, Evos, and STIs were the people who cared about the world of motor-sports and not the Image.:

👍 👍

I am actually worried about the upcoming F&F movie.

That's a photoshop of the same image we did in the weekly car chops contest on this forum.

I purchased a magazine in tokyo about 3 days ago, with a Toyota coupe I've never seen before. Inside the book, it says it's set for a 2011 release:

(click for larger image)

I cannot read a word of Japanese... so I'm hoping someone here would. :) I love the shape of it though. Looks to be inspired from a Ferrari 599 👍

What's the ISF/R on the second picture? And Jacoja can you actually read any of that?

+1 Another contender for the super sedan segment between the M5, CTS-V, XF-R, W427, Audi something-or-rather (they have an RS6 sedan?)?

I'm going to say it's a rendering. It seems that we've seen all kinds of these things in Japanese magazines. And it certainly doesn't help that in this day and age of "corporate faces," it doesn't look anything like any current Toyota product.

Those renderings of the supposed MR-S/MR2 successor and supposed Celica successor are hideous.

The blue Toyota pictured above is gorgeous.
I'd love to see Toyota go back to their older sports car roots and use a cheap fake Ferrari concept (in this case I'd say the 599's style is being copied).
Light weight with RWD, a proper suspension and I'd be impressed. 👍
Much better than what people did with the photo work I posted a while back (btw, that wasn't something I created, just something I came across).

Back