Scirocco Super Lap

Well, I can attest to it making the car slower in this event. I lost a bit over a second on laptime while I had it installed on the Scirocco. IMO, using it was a bust. I removed it after about 15 laps trying to get it to help improve my time. No chance. In fact, I had thought it'd improve my cornering but I found no such behavior, at least at Deep fForest in this car. Maybe I'm just too much of a hack, and/or there's a different setup for which it does affect a positive change, but I'm not sure what it'd be.

Maybe the understeer nature of FF cars masked it or the tune itself ( suspension and LSD ) and Deep Forest do have several high speed section where flat floor would be a burden instead of help. You can try bring it to Tsukuba, and compare the handling with and without flat floor, you should notice it straight away on 1st corner. It does make less powerful cars much slower in acceleration and top speed, so the benefits might be only on high power cars like my replicas : Viper Venom 600HP or Kuroki R33 GTR ( 800HP ), where acceleration below 200kmh does not take big hit.

My latest replica : 388PS Turbo Top Fuel Zero 1000 Civic has flat floor, and it gives much better stability at Tsukuba, but it's a replica where PP don't even taken into equation.

Flat floor adds grip and increase handling stability ( cornering speed ) at the expense of higher PP and lower top speed + acceleration on higher speed. On a short track like Tsukuba or Autumn Ring Mini, might be beneficial. Not sure with this one.
That's what I thought before spending 7000 credits on the damn thing, do you remember Kaz's words about "human drama"? there we go, a rip off localised in game. :D

Ridox2JZGTE,

I have it installed on an RX-7 and didn't find it a burden on the tracks I've run it on. I mean for this car on this track for this event. This event is where I'm using the Scirocco. Honestly, I probably wouldn't be driving a Scirocco otherwise. Just adding my observation within the confines of the thread's topic. and venue.

Good points though, worth considering

That's what I thought before spending 7000 credits on the damn thing.

It's very limited in usage, only when PP do not matter ( replicas ) or high power car on shorter technical track it will be beneficial. PD should make flat floor available to all cars and reduce the PP increase (10PP at most) to make it more of a strategic use than a handicap on most situation.

I have it installed on an RX-7 and didn't find it a burden on the tracks I've run it on. I mean for this car on this track for this event. This event is where I'm using the Scirocco. Honestly, I probably wouldn't be driving a Scirocco otherwise. Just adding my observation within the confines of the thread's topic. and venue.

Good points though, worth considering

Maybe when we have TT with more powerful car - above 400HP FR car on a track like Tsukuba, Stowe or Brands Hatch, then if the car has flat floor option, it might be beneficial. When flat floor combined with sports tire or racing tire, it gives much higher grip :) Feels like having front and rear aero.

im a part time gt6 racer, and have been struggling with this seasonal, just got under gold time but having seen everyones times was thinking maybe i can do better myself, i use ds3, tried another tune and i cant remember time but got something like 87xx on list, tried Bandit's tune and loaded his ghost lap i again i cant remember time but got upto 2080 on leaderboard something like 4.xxx secs behind bandit and about 2.5-3 secs off my previous best, had everything off apart from SRF n ABS 1, that is a great tune man, i just don't like spending hours grinding 1 race n car to get a better lap but starting to think i might put more time in and try n get better. only registered on here last week n i'm taking more photos n just getting into the game more lol, thanks to all tuners who spend the time n effort to put them on here helps me no end.

Good evening gents.
Times update for the Scirocco

1:29.947 stock (no oil change no aids 0abs) placement unknown

1:26.781 tuned (no aids 0abs) placement 3413

1:23.126 tuned (all helping stuff on) placement 22

really fast times
congratulations to the top 10 guys

nice greetings doc

Gah, pleas tell me you people are using "the driving configuration choice that shall go unnamed for fear of snarking". I can't budge beyond 1:29.5-ish laps with it turned off (long story, proving to my friend's list that I'm still faster than them without)

no aids and a wheel, 1:28.lows for me, (19K pos) and I keep shaving hundredths every lap. Only oil change, ECU , and tinkering with suspension, trying things out, trial and error, negative toes, ballast to help grip, gear ratios that pull on the uphills.. running with total loose LSD. Definite time improvements come from corner exits that don't understeer on throttle. I ran this track no more than on 5 different cars since GT5, but I am totally fond of it now.

I haven't yet read on how drivers get 1:22~ I'm afraid I'd learn too much.

Sometimes I surprise myself when racing against my own best ghost time, where I pull away almost two car lengths, on Turn1 , but then just lose it again as my ghost comes up against me in various other areas. Always fun to inch ahead of myself at the finish line. hopefully more than half a car length at a time.

BTW mid turbo installed or not installed, as if it's never installed!

sifted through the 6 pages here, and kudos to BanditKarter!
SRF on people? that shaves HOW many seconds? hmm.. Maybe I'll try that aid, even if I don't need it. It's just a game afterall.

Last edited:
today I have time for GT6...
first 30 min 1 22 297... coffee break and a bit of pc and go to the top 1 :gtpflag:

Edit :... **** last corner... all mystakes its in this corner, possible 1 22 0 but its very difficult, today finnish my session scirocco xDDD

Last edited:
Svaka cast...
Danas sam prvi put vozio i nisam mogao ispod 1:23:820, mada sam zadovoljan za prvi dan. Koliko je tebi trebalo vremena?
Pozz
If you feel the need to write in croatian, send him a private message and respect the AUP, please.

Or at least post a translation in english.

Yeah, I did a quick translation too, but that's not the point, don't you think?
Yeah, I know that's not the point, I was just assuring you that they weren't insulting anyone or talking about secret settings or anything haha ;)

Svaka cast...
Danas sam prvi put vozio i nisam mogao ispod 1:23:820, mada sam zadovoljan za prvi dan. Koliko je tebi trebalo vremena?
Pozz
Nekih 2-3 dana, prvi dan 22 8 i svaki dan dvije des. dolje ,inace mi staza odgovara
Yes, even though I am wearing my GT Surgeons Team Croatia T-shirt right now, the official language of GTPlanet is English, not Hrvatski:
GTPlanet Terms of Service
You will post all messages in English.

no aids and a wheel, 1:28.lows for me, (19K pos) and I keep shaving hundredths every lap. Only oil change, ECU , and tinkering with suspension, trying things out, trial and error, negative toes, ballast to help grip, gear ratios that pull on the uphills.. running with total loose LSD. Definite time improvements come from corner exits that don't understeer on throttle. I ran this track no more than on 5 different cars since GT5, but I am totally fond of it now.

I haven't yet read on how drivers get 1:22~ I'm afraid I'd learn too much.

Sometimes I surprise myself when racing against my own best ghost time, where I pull away almost two car lengths, on Turn1 , but then just lose it again as my ghost comes up against me in various other areas. Always fun to inch ahead of myself at the finish line. hopefully more than half a car length at a time.

BTW mid turbo installed or not installed, as if it's never installed!

sifted through the 6 pages here, and kudos to BanditKarter!
SRF on people? that shaves HOW many seconds? hmm.. Maybe I'll try that aid, even if I don't need it. It's just a game afterall.

Thanks for the reply. That means I'm right around where I ought to be without the use of the feature which shall remain unnamed, albeit a bit slow. I'll just keep on tweaking the settings and trimming tenths... :)

I noticed much the same from the turbo. Same goes for transmission adjustments using top speed. I get almost identical lap times whether it's set at 143 149 155 or 162. Seems like "attack" and repeatability is where I have to focus.

fwiw, enabling the feature that shall remain nameless boosts lap times about 3 sec for me, although I haven't used it here yet.

Nekih 2-3 dana, prvi dan 22 8 i svaki dan dvije des. dolje ,inace mi staza odgovara
Yes, even though I am wearing my GT Surgeons Team Croatia T-shirt right now, the official language of GTPlanet is English, not Hrvatski:
Well this is a little Hrvatski and Serbian too.
But OK, i didn't know.
Regards

Yeah, I know that's not the point, I was just assuring you that they weren't insulting anyone or talking about secret settings or anything haha ;)
I never talk about secret settings on forums. :P :)

If you feel the need to write in croatian, send him a private message and respect the AUP, please.

Or at least post a translation in english.
First message on this forum,
Didn't know that.
OK

Last edited by a moderator:
by logic it is not written in another language that is not English, if not would reply to ramon in catalan and I assure you that the translator does not correctly translate, catalan is not a well known language xDD

Edit: nothing, for now I leave until I inspire again... see impossible to beat your time with the adjust i use and now I'm going crazy, great job bandit ;)

Last edited:
It's amazing to me how different driving styles affect the tunes. I got gold with Bandit Karter22's tune, but I was still pushing the front a bit. Then I tried Motor City Hami's tune and it just clicked with my driving style perfectly. I even took Hami's tune and used it in a few of the German car races with SS tires that I had skipped in the game. The Scirocco went from a car I didn't like to one of my favorites.

At Deep Forest Raceway 3.601 m. Rankings 16/01 until 30/01

460 pp. Comfort Soft Tyres No Nitrous

Scirocco R '10

Gold: 50.000 Cr. 1:30.000
Silver 22.000 Cr. 1:33.000
Bronze 13.000 Cr. 1:39.000

Tunes will be posted here:
Shaunm80
Motor City Hami
BanditKarter22 and here
Silver Dragon Racing
Sean_BBB

Also have a look at the seasonal tunes directory here

EDIT: There is another similar Topic here Mods can Merge Topics please. Thank you

Have used Bandit's & Hami's tunes for this TT.

I was more successful with Bandit's tunes but only with a 1:28:420. The car still keeps sliding especially in the 1st set of corners.

Could any one suggest any other tune from the above mentioned tunes that I should try in order to beat my personal best time?

Have used Bandit's & Hami's tunes for this TT.

I was more successful with Bandit's tunes but only with a 1:28:420. The car still keeps sliding especially in the 1st set of corners.

Could any one suggest any other tune from the above mentioned tunes that I should try in order to beat my personal best time?

i would suggest trying all of them and finding out which one suits your driving style best.

Back