Scotland-Based 'Ideal' Racing Circuit Coming to Assetto Corsa This Year

Hoping it will be the closest thing to our roads in Sth Gippsland, Oz. Bit of a road car Hillclimb fan.
rps20170213_135737.jpg

Shame Assetto Corsa doesn't have the sound bouncing off the areas... Love that subtle echo. Don't think a game has ever captured that? Even the tyre screeching echoes.

@Orayani now you understand why we come to Scotland every year for a short or longer break/vacation ;) And still a lot to explore.

On topic: What do we think about the phrase from Marco "very very soon"?
Although other messages stated a time frame of months I expect weeks. Don't why have, no other sources but just a gut feeling.

Shame Assetto Corsa doesn't have the sound bouncing off the areas... Love that subtle echo. Don't think a game has ever captured that? Even the tyre screeching echoes.

Agree, that Would really raise the experience. I must say though, take the LaFa to the nurb GP and on the home straight the sound does bounce off the barrier. Unless I'm totally imaging it.
@Orayani now you understand why we come to Scotland every year for a short or longer break/vacation ;) And still a lot to explore.

On topic: What do we think about the phrase from Marco "very very soon"?
Although other messages stated a time frame of months I expect weeks. Don't why have, no other sources but just a gut feeling.
End of February he stated when he posted the Audi pics the other week.

Sadly i may have no Net by then as the sale of my house should be finalized and haven't sorted where I'm moving to yet.

Here's a quick peek at the Highlands Original layout (the other 3 layouts are Drift, Long and Short). It's a 1 lap race from the 1st person view then the replay using the static camera (always my favourite):

To all my console bound friends, I am absolutely NOT showing off... :rolleyes:

@WarriusZero thank you for sharing you video.
Just one comment, is it me or the way the AI is behaving is pretty impressive, getting passed, passing back, AI passing each other and all done in a very clean way. looks awesome to me.:cheers:

@WarriusZero thank you for sharing you video.
Just one comment, is it me or the way the AI is behaving is pretty impressive, getting passed, passing back, AI passing each other and all done in a very clean way. looks awesome to me.:cheers:

I'm not sure yet. They still get stuck behind you if you slow down a lot (after a crash for example...). This track is also pretty scary, very quick and relatively fairly narrow at times. We need to do more testing.

I tried all four layouts with several cars...
Amazing track!
I love the longest layout with that long straight where you can go full speed like crazy but also that sweet city track Perfect for small racing cars like the 500 Assetto Corse...
And all this four tracks for free... ;)

And the Audi Quattro Gr.B... What a beast!

They are ugly, massive and don't fit in at all. I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt Nvidia to allow the signs to be a little more subtle.

I only had time to try the longest layout but I had an absolute blast, I'll be using this track a lot for sure.
I know I'll be using it a lot too. 👍 I have no doubt that someone is working their butt off already, working on a mod to replace those signs with other billboards. Sadly, that will only be available to PC players though. :grumpy:

I know I'll be using it a lot too. 👍 I have no doubt that someone is working their butt off already, working on a mod to replace those signs with other billboards. Sadly, that will only be available to PC players though. :grumpy:
Yes... There is a mod on PC for Black cat county to swap the billboards advertising Kunos DLCs with more regular billboards you can find alongside a real US road...

Watched a few videos now, as the console brethren are on the sidelines again. Looks like a fast flowing set of tracks, but not the Hillclimbing I was hoping for. Wish they would bring Tajo from MOD to mainstream. Any Hillclimbing would be awesome.

Watched a few videos now, as the console brethren are on the sidelines again. Looks like a fast flowing set of tracks, but not the Hillclimbing I was hoping for. Wish they would bring Tajo from MOD to mainstream. Any Hillclimbing would be awesome.
It is a shame that there is such a gap between the two platforms - PC & console. I know this isn't the only game where the PC version benefits from the use of Mods when the console versions can't, but at least the base content is usually pretty much a 1:1 comparison, right? The track Tajo Hillclimb is awesome and so is the track California. I think I actually like California a bit more - but I prefer Tajo because of it's length. California is too short. :grumpy:

It is a shame that there is such a gap between the two platforms - PC & console. I know this isn't the only game where the PC version benefits from the use of Mods when the console versions can't, but at least the base content is usually pretty much a 1:1 comparison, right? The track Tajo Hillclimb is awesome and so is the track California. I think I actually like California a bit more - but I prefer Tajo because of it's length. California is too short. :grumpy:
Don't forget Lake Louise...
It's a shiny gem...

Latest Posts

Back