Scotland-Based 'Ideal' Racing Circuit Coming to Assetto Corsa This Year

I'm going to go ahead and say it because there is no downvote option here like Reddit. But I don't touch Black Cat County and doubtful won't touch this that much. I like more tracks to practice my craft (can barely call it that).

I'm going to go ahead and say it because there is no downvote option here like Reddit. But I don't touch Black Cat County and doubtful won't touch this that much. I like more tracks to practice my craft (can barely call it that).
I admit I don't touch BCC as well, but I'm hoping this to be a much more interesting track, and with more variety.

The thing with BCC is that it's too wide and fast for my taste. In contrast, I loved California Highway on Project Cars (the first part) and would drive there very often with road cars.

I admit I don't touch BCC as well, but I'm hoping this to be a much more interesting track, and with more variety.

The thing with BCC is that it's too wide and fast for my taste. In contrast, I loved California Highway on Project Cars (the first part) and would drive there very often with road cars.

I liked California Highway too, but only because my wife and I have such fond memories of that area.

20170104_165757.jpg

That's the next project. 71 Chevelle. Sitting on blocks right now. Covered with summer furniture and crap.

Last edited:
Clouds,you want better clouds? Yeah,that's what the game needs,nice fluffy clouds. :banghead:
Haha yea fluffy clouds ftw. The skybox certainly needs improving and they did improve it in the last update which made a big difference.
If you have time to notice the clouds, you're not going fast enough

Well thats not true at all, if it were the case then Kunos would not have removed the terrible looking black clouds in the last update. Race Room has a really nice sky box, AC looks really realistic at times but on one setting which i cant recall, the skybox looks very cartoony, no amount of speed is going hide that.

P.S I'm not saying clouds or the skybox should be a priority, but they worked on it for the last update so i hope they improve things on the side. I know Stefano that to work for Kunos you have to take initiative, if you arrive at work in the morning and there's no work scheduled for you, you have to be like "well what can i work on to improve the game". Maybe that's why the clouds were improved and possibly will be again.

Last edited:
Haha yea fluffy clouds ftw. The skybox certainly needs improving and they did improve it in the last update which made a big difference.
Well thats not true at all, if it were the case then Kunos would not have removed the terrible looking black clouds in the last update. Race Room has a really nice sky box, AC looks really realistic at times but on one setting which i cant recall, the skybox looks very cartoony, no amount of speed is going hide that.

P.S I'm not saying clouds or the skybox should be a priority, but they worked on it for the last update so i hope they improve things on the side. I know Stefano that to work for Kunos you have to take initiative, if you arrive at work in the morning and there's no work scheduled for you, you have to be like "well what can i work on to improve the game". Maybe that's why the clouds were improved and possibly will be again.
You actually drive around looking at clouds?
I'm sure they have their plate pretty full at Kunos. You actually know Stefano? Perhaps you can ask him,when he has no work,to work on the online instead of clouds!

I'm sure they have their plate pretty full at Kunos. You actually know Stefano? Perhaps you can ask him,when he has no work,to work on the online instead of clouds!
To be fair, the clouds at launch were pretty awful, as was the lighting in certain conditions, so it was a pleasant surprise to see that they'd stealth-fixed/enhanced it in the patch. It all looks much more realistic now.

Black Cat County is just very empty and boring. I think i drove 5 laps overall. This Scotland Track sounds much better, especially since its not set in the desert. And a city Circuit is missing in AC.

You know why folks want Scottish racing circuits... it's because the lighting is easier, uniform dank grey.

But seriously, awesome, can't wait until mid-2018 when I get as a PS4 update!

Well if it's going to be in Scotland, there'll be plenty of scope to refine their cloud cover. Seems the right time to introduce relentless drizzle in to AC as well
Yes... but the main feautre i would like is still day/night transition and some weather too...
It is possible to do an insane 100 laps race on Nurburgring to simulate the 24h of Nurburgring but without day/night transition it's not a real 24h...

How can you not see those giant black things in the sky? Looks like raging forest fires are going on around the next turn.

Assetto-Corsa-Scotland-Track-2-638x359.jpg

Just because I notice them doesn't mean I'm driving around looking at the sky all the time. Some of them look so horrible you can't help but notice them no matter how focused you are on driving, because suddenly there is a giant anomaly in front of you that slaps you across the face. Luckily we can fix this on the PC via mods, but console players racing with overcast conditions are going to feel like they're driving through this...

How can you not see those giant black things in the sky? Looks like raging forest fires are going on around the next turn.

View attachment 618355

Just because I notice them doesn't mean I'm driving around looking at the sky all the time. Some of them look so horrible you can't help but notice them no matter how focused you are on driving, because suddenly there is a giant anomaly in front of you that slaps you across the face. Luckily we can fix this on the PC via mods, but console players racing with overcast conditions are going to feel like they're driving through this...

You want clouds? I live in Canada,its cold and snowing like a 🤬 right now.It's one big grey cloud at minus 20.

You want clouds? I live in Canada,its cold and snowing like a 🤬 right now.It's one big grey cloud at minus 20.

Yeah, pretty much the same here (feels like 1º is equivalent to -18c)

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 1.17.05 PM.png

But where the hell did I say I want clouds? I was just pointing out that the overcast clouds in AC are so bad you can't help but notice them sometimes, doesn't mean we're driving around looking at the sky.

Shhhhh, quiet you. You know how reasonable, constructive criticism is unwelcome here!

My mistake, off to the naughty step with me.

Yeah, pretty much the same here (feels like 1º is equivalent to -18c)

View attachment 618357

But where the hell did I say I want clouds? I was just pointing out that the overcast clouds in AC are so bad you can't help but notice them sometimes, doesn't mean we're driving around looking at the sky.

My mistake, off to the naughty step with me.
Sorry,what the hell is a snow shower. Part snow,then rain? I get your point! Clouds and trees are not a game changer to me.

Sorry,what the hell is a snow shower. Part snow,then rain?

A shower of precipitation from the sky in the form of frozen flakes. More than a flurry, less than a snowstorm, way less than a blizzard, probably called an "average day" in Canadia. :P No rain involved, but very fun to drive in (I got my first donut of the year in this morning). :sly:

I get your point! Clouds and trees are not a game changer to me.

Me neither, but I dislike the default AC overcast clouds so much that they can be distracting and I avoid them if possible.

No i dont, but if they put cows in in place of clouds you wouldn't notice it if you were focusing only on going fast? When something doesn't look natural then i am going to notice it. It's not the same as having 2D trees which go by passed you quick, clouds are there right in your sightline moving very slowly. Go look at Race room skybox and tell me you wouldn't like that in AC. (Before anyone says it, no i wont go and play that instead )
I may be dreaming here, but i am pretty sure it's right there in my post you quoted, "Stefano said", this Isn't my assumption, they are his own words so there is no need for me to ask him when he has no work.

Also i very much doubt Stefano is responsible for clouds, but as you can see they did take time to improve clouds for the last update, why do you think that may have been? Was it perhaps because the person responsible for that kind of thing had not received his work load yet after finishing another task and took initiative? Like Stefano said what is required to work for Kunos.

Last edited:
Black Cat County is just very empty and boring. I think i drove 5 laps overall. This Scotland Track sounds much better, especially since its not set in the desert. And a city Circuit is missing in AC.

Have you tried the version called Black Cat County Short, way better than the other two versions. Finally a track with hills. Feels like a Hillclimb circuit. Definitely my go to track for testing. Being a dual carriageway in places does give it a wide feel, which allows for more speed and room to catch mistakes.

Back