Screenshots

• Thread starter Phil
  • 35 comments
Whoa...I've seen some of those, but there's a lot of new ones.  Check out these shadows at Rome...

gal_gt3_2_screen018.jpg

Notice that all the shadows vary in lenght and shape according to the tree that is casting them.  This game is incredible.  :embarrassed:

Yeah this is going to be one helluva game. I haven't has chance to look through all of the screenshots yet but there are some amazing shot in there.

The particle effects will really add a lot, especially to the rain tracks.

Yes, and it looks amazing!  Here's one of the screenshots:

jpr_302.jpg

This page on IGN has some more screenshots of rainy races.

I saw it in motion on a video, and the way the mist billows out and around the tires and in the back of the car really adds to the effect.

Yeah, have you seen video from the rally mode?  I was at CompUSA and they had some new Macs hooked up to a cable modem (bliss!  :D).  I immediately went to IGN and downloaded all the videos I could.  The dust from the rally cars is probably more realistic than the rain - it just looked incredible!

yes the rally mode looks awesome. But if you see one replay of the rain effects it justs looks as if its really raining. And the car skids as if you are in rally mode on the rained asphalt.

No, I cant find one. But I have seen videos from ign.com lots of them. They have a car of the day today I think its an Evo VII rally car but I think they posted a new car today. You'll still be able to look at the Evo in the archives. The vids look really good and I think the driving settings in the game have been changed for a more realistic drive.
Lancer Evo. VII Rally prototype

We better win more!  :)  Otherwise I think we've got our work cut out for us.

Yes, but I'm greedy...  I want Michael Schumacher's check from Ferrari (was that $35,000,000, Phil?).  :D

I think I get why the prices are so high. I looked at a screenshot of a mini cooper and it costed well over a 100,000$ but I know in GT2 its worth crap. So Im guesing since the GT3 screenshot is the japanese version the cost is in yen. The american version will have more reasonable prices. But Im just giving a reasonable guess as to why the prices are so high.

Yeah, I'd say you're right, since most of the cars were relatively the same cost in the game as they are in the game.  With the exception of the more expensive models, of course.

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS
The rain tracks, is actually the rain track. Confused? That is because there is only one track in the game which it rains on. (the one in the pic, SSR11 i think) And even worse is the fact that there are only 4 cars racing on that 'one rainy track', not the normal 6 cars.

And those screenshots are old, but still look damned good. :)

It is the Japanese version.
Supposedly you are spost to be able to turn your lights on anytime, and every time you do a race it will be a different time of day.

But this is the Japanese version, it could very well change before it is released over here.

I think his pay has now gone up  few million now he has signed a new deal but I don't know how much. It wouldn't suprise me if it would be $10m-$15m

I don't know how Ferrari could afford that.  I mean, they have some of the world's best cars that are extremely expensive, but they would have to sell a huge amount to pick up his salary AND keep up the rest of the team/car!

I agree about the rain.  If you have a drop-dead gorgeous effect, use it!  :reallymad:

Marlboro will indirectly actually pay his salery because they are the title sponsor. It is extremely expensive to sponsor an F1 car.

Ayrton Senna was (I believe) driving a McLaren at the time of his crash, which was sponsored by Marlboro.  is this the crash you are referring to?

Ohh, well then I'm not sure.  I didn't think Marlboro would spnosor 2 F1 teams at the same time.  :)

Latest Posts

Back