Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
I don't see what they could do without the McLaren license which as explained many times, they're extremely unlikely to be able to procure. I suppose they could add more tracks and his Toleman, but you'd think if they had that in mind it'd already be in this section, if they're keeping it chronological.

I remember reading about the Nomad Diablo in the Japanese GT3 years ago. The Licence for the car was obtained through the team and had nothing to do with JGTC or Lamborghini. It's quite possible that many of the racing cars have been obtained in a similar way.

Yes, that make sense, since there is many teams in Gran Turismo like Yellowhat, Motul, Calsonic, Opel Team Phoenix, Team Oreca + many more i can't remember right now, and of course Schulze Motorsport.

With the Lotus do the hands look like they clip into the wheel to anyone else, especially when in the airbox view or whatever it would be classed as? Also for some reason the readout screen stops working in that view over cockpit, even though it's still visible.

(disclaimer: This is an obversation, not a complaint. It doesn't really matter)

A race between twenty identical cars, despite my knowing that only a handful of chassis were ever built, just doesn't appeal to me.

It looks fun, but it looks like an online race, not a race for a Senna tribute event that takes itself pretty seriously.

With the Lotus do the hands look like they clip into the wheel to anyone else, especially when in the airbox view or whatever it would be classed as? Also for some reason the readout screen stops working in that view over cockpit, even though it's still visible.

(disclaimer: This is an obversation, not a complaint. It doesn't really matter)

It may well do but I spend too much time trying to keep the thing in a straight line to check.

Ok, thank you for sorting this out for me.

Do you know what license they have?

NASCAR?
Japanese Touring Car Championship?
Le Mans?
American Le Mans?
FIA GT Championship?
Formula 3000?
French Supertouring Championship?
FIA WRC?
German Touring Car Championship?
Swedish Touring Car Championship?

And many more.

But one thing is for sure, they have license to have japanese cars in Gran Turismo ;) (especially Nissan)
Keep in mind that not having a licence to a series doesn't necessarily mean that the cars are off limits, depending on how strict the legislating body is with the manufacturers. There have been rally cars in the series since GT2 (GT1?), but PD didn't actually bother to get the WRC licence until GT5. They just modeled the cars exactly anyway, and merely called them "Rally Cars" rather than their actual competition names.
And the overwhelming majority of the RM cars in GT2 were somewhat contemporary (when the game first came out) race cars with a decal or two changed/removed.

Though on the other hand:
I remember reading about the Nomad Diablo in the Japanese GT3 years ago. The Licence for the car was obtained through the team and had nothing to do with JGTC or Lamborghini. It's quite possible that many of the racing cars have been obtained in a similar way.
Those backroom style dealings is why the Diablo was very publicly dropped from the game when it left Japan.

Last edited:
A race between twenty identical cars, despite my knowing that only a handful of chassis were ever built, just doesn't appeal to me.

It looks fun, but it looks like an online race, not a race for a Senna tribute event that takes itself pretty seriously.

It may well do but I spend too much time trying to keep the thing in a straight line to check.

I mainly noticed it on the restart screen after many failings. I also noticed the low front wing clips into the gravel trap on turn 1 after many visits into it.

Yup, but this is just to show an example. I agree that for tribute purposes the time trials against Senna's pole's were the best and most respectable option.

Keep in mind that not having a licence to a series doesn't necessarily mean that the cars are off limits, depending on how strict the legislating body is with the manufacturers. There have been rally cars in the series since GT2 (GT1?), but PD didn't actually bother to get the WRC licence until GT5. They just modeled the cars exactly anyway, and merely called them "Rally Cars" rather than their actual competition names.
And the overwhelming majority of the RM cars in GT2 were somewhat contemporary (when the game first came out) race cars with a decal or two changed/removed.

IngRobNy said

Yes, i can find at least one car in Gran Turismo 1 called rally, Subaru Impreza Rally Edition
Link: https://www.gtplanet.net/library/gran-turismo-1/ (of course :gtpflag:)

How can the RB sounds be accurate? How can the F3 & 97T be based on RB sounds? The RB cars don't exist other than in this game!

They would have used the F3 & 97T sounds as a base and modified them for the RB cars.
V6 turbo+ v6 turbo sound= accurate

I'm also a bit perplexed about the new tracks. Kaz #1 priority has always been authenticity. He has compromised everything at some point (design, feel, format, cars on track count, online, etc.) in the name of authenticity.

And track signage is an easy one to get right considering its all static assets... Look at the Le Mans track variants... Pretty minute changes but accurate. Arguably versions that aren't needed.

It makes me wonder if it was rushed due to other delays, like maybe interlagos was part of the plan, they were late, so they pulled an existing track late in the dev process.

I have a feeling we may see further improvements...

No, but they've never released one half done like this before either to my knowledge.

75% of the people who will actually participate have already participated I think, and as fewer people take part in the event, remodeling the track becomes less and less of an economical use of their time. I can see them updating it for GT7, but I don't think they'll consider it pressing enough for them to address it in an online update.

Touché.
What is missing from these tracks? Are some corners themselves inaccurate? Buildings? What else?

The tracks themselves, as in everything between the white lines, is accurate or accurate enough. Everything beyond that, including some run off areas and most kerbs, are wrong. The buildings/billboards/etc have also not been changed at all to resemble something close to how they did in the 80s. I appreciate it's impossible to get everything accurate but as mentioned previously, they could have had a go.

75% of the people who will actually participate have already participated I think, and as fewer people take part in the event, remodeling the track becomes less and less of an economical use of their time. I can see them updating it for GT7, but I don't think they'll consider it pressing enough for them to address it in an online update.

True, I guess it just depends on the schedule for the track artists. Who knows, maybe they only had enough time to do the course now and they have a few week planned in the future to do the rest. We'll have to wait and see. It just seems odd, as someone pointed out, for a supposed perfectionist like Kaz to allow these mixed courses in. No matter what we the player thinks to him that must not meet his standard.

The tracks themselves, as in everything between the white lines, is accurate or accurate enough. Everything beyond that, including some run off areas, are wrong. The buildings/billboards/etc have not been changed at all.

True, I guess it just depends on the schedule for the track artists. Who knows, maybe they only had enough time to do the course now and they have a few week planned in the future to do the rest. We'll have to wait and see. It just seems odd, as someone pointed out, for a supposed perfectionist like Kaz to allow these mixed courses in. No matter what we the player thinks to him that must not meet his standard.
I would like them to update the tracks, it's just they've never done it before....
Then again, thus are already breaking new ground with the fantastic new sound samples, producing the best v6 f1 sound I have heard in a game. Fingers crossed...

I would like them to update the tracks, it's just they've never done it before....
Then again, thus are already breaking new ground with the fantastic new sound samples, producing the best v6 f1 sound I have heard in a game. Fingers crossed...

In fairness they have a few cars with good sound samples, just not nearly as many as they should have. The Toyota Supra 3.0 for instance, sounds exactly the same as a real Toyota JZ engine, all the way through the rev range, right down to the wastegate noise.

The scenery doesn't bother me. As long as the new cars are quality (and I feel they are, once setup)...I expect a few things not to be perfect. Like scenery. That is the last thing I care about. The track surface and cars are good.

I haven't seen a single person bitch about the accuracy of scenery on modern tracks. No one complains about the ring, la sarthe, Monaco, etc. Food for thought.

The scenery doesn't bother me. As long as the new cars are quality (and I feel they are, once setup)...I expect a few things not to be perfect. Like scenery. That is the last thing I care about. The track surface and cars are good.

I haven't seen a single person bitch about the accuracy of scenery on modern tracks. Food form thought.

Firstly I wish people wouldn't describe valid criticism as 'bitching' or other similar words. Secondly, the issue isn't that the scenery is a little off, as would be the case with a modern track. The problem is that the scenery is completely different compared to the 80s, as the track is named and the layout itself is from. The tracks are in some sort of strange time paradox and that is quite different from a 2013 building being too big compared to the real 2013 building or a 2013 tree being the wrong shape compared to the real 2013 tree, for example.

It's not the end of the world and i'm 'over it', we were just continuing the discussion in what had to this point been friendly and civil.

The scenery is not 'completely' different. Go look at pictures from '89.

Keep in mind they're 80s tracks, but that doesn't inherintly mean '80 or '81. The track surroundings did change in that decade. They DID put up a few buildings in the infield. Obviously, not to the extent it has by now, but I just don't expect them to model the surroundings incredibly. You guys want everything and more. It's absurd. Boohoo, the buildings and fences are not to spec. I want the track layout to be perfect and it is. That is what is important.

The only time you're going to notice the scenery inaccuracy is when you're driving, which seems silly to me. OMG...look at that cell tower...aaaannnnddd I'm in the sand trap. Look at that building that wasn't there in 1986! Aannndd I'm in the wall. Who cares. No johnny player special ad! No McLaren! The sounds!...which is subjective and you have the majority saying it sounds good, etc. Who cares. One thing at a time when it comes to sims. You can't get it all in one go. You can't get it all in general.

The only thing that annoys me is that you have to use sennas suit in the 97t by default, but not in the F3. That's it. I guess we all look for different things in games and sims.

Back